• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

koji

After picking up the Manajuma dagger a couple days ago as a drop I "invested" today in the offhand, picked one with 14% Corpse Spider damage and mana regen (not a fan of darts).

Went from 43k DMG to 57k, 76k with 5 stacks soul harvest, lost a ton of armor, 800LOH and critchance on my shield though. Have to switch up my build a bit, using leaping spiders now and ZBs. So far I really like it, I die more but my killspeed is up.

Not gonna sell my old weapon/shield though :)

The Manajuma set bonus is pretty convenient, you're surrounded by a poison cloud that destroys jars and destructables when you run past. Might be able to crank it up to MP4 now. We'll see.

Nice, what DPS?

1150 or thereabouts

Crit damage isn't that high (~55) and the knockback is on the bottom end. Definitely could be better

Just surprised that I actually saw something drop that I sort of wanted

I'm going to use my new found power of visualization to farm for a full IK set during my next run

M.D

I'm (more or less) at work, so impossible right now. I can show you once I come back though, but it's definitely bad.

Bad is still better than the nothing I have right now :p (My DH is now lvl 45 but will get him to 60 today)

Are you on EU? say yes please ;p

M.D

Yeah, EU. If you're lvl 45 I might have a (decent) crossbow with lvl requirement -15 lying around somewhere (unless I sold it). I'll check once I come back home, but you can definitely have the shitty Manticore.

Great, Thank you :D
Add me Moti#2377

Talaysen

Also another thing that would be better fixed is Waller. You shouldn't be able to get STUCK in the walls if they do it on your feet...

I think they said they fixed that like two patches ago. I guess they didn't actually do it.

Encountered a weird bug just now. Ran into two elite packs next to each other, one with Avenger, the other without. When I killed enemies in the Avenger pack, both the others in that pack AND the enemies in the non-Avenger pack got buffed up. Eventually I ended up with three fully avenged champs with Fire Chains and Reflect Damage and two other affixes moving all over the place at crazy speeds.

Anyone else have that happen?

SeigO

Banned
I wish there was a way to distinguish between luck and a pattern. I've gotten 4 set items and an okay amount of legendaries doing A3/MP5 vs 1 set item + a truck load of mostly shit legendarys from A3/MP3. I alternate between the two MP's with every run splitting them 50/50.

Has anyone else made that decision yet if it's better to do more efficient runs or if there's some MF % that makes it worth the longer farm time? (I'm sitting at a full 500 MF on my MP5 runs)

Wedge7

Took like 20 tries to finally get Act1 key to drop. Did like 5 of them at MP3, about 5 at MP1, and 10 at MP2. Not even exagerating, Act2/3/4 each took about 2-3 tries, but that godamn Act1, just fucked royally in the ass.

Sad thing was that I tried putting the Uber boss battle at MP2, and got rakanoth/ghom, and it literally tore the hell out of me. I literally couldnt make a dent in them, and died too quickly. At this rate, I dont even know if I can do MP1. My barb sucks so much ass, jesus. Thats what I get for cashing out and leaving my guy in Salvation army gear.

Granted, I stopped playing for like 2 months, and just returned, so I cant really complain. Hell, I even got some "Free" money in my Paypal from blizz, about $50 (2 payments, One for $37 and the other for $13) randomly, though I'm sure they'll correct that mistake in the next few days and remove it.

mlaz14

I think they said they fixed that like two patches ago. I guess they didn't actually do it.

Encountered a weird bug just now. Ran into two elite packs next to each other, one with Avenger, the other without. When I killed enemies in the Avenger pack, both the others in that pack AND the enemies in the non-Avenger pack got buffed up. Eventually I ended up with three fully avenged champs with Fire Chains and Reflect Damage and two other affixes moving all over the place at crazy speeds.

Anyone else have that happen?

I've been seeing that happen for awhile.

Cipherr

At this rate, I dont even know if I can do MP1. My barb sucks so much ass, jesus. Thats what I get for cashing out and leaving my guy in Salvation army gear.

Amen to that. I did it, TWICE. And because of that, now that the game is pretty fun again, my DH is in asstastic gear waffling in MP3. I'm not cashing out my gear on the RMAH anymore, to hell with that.

Revoh

Damn, I'm falling asleep at work. Played with Definity and two other gaffers till 2 am.
Also, I crafted my first ring yesterday, it gave me 8k dps unbuffed.
I don't remember the exact stats, it's like this

+11-25 dmg
250ish str
some int
some dex
30% crit damage
35% exp

Fularu

Banned
First set piece ever dropped! (it only took paragon 13) and it's a 1hand xbow. Will it suck? Of course!

Edit : fml

SVXTu.jpg

Celegus

After getting my Act 1 key first try, my subsequent 10 tries have been a whole lot of nothing. I was hoping to get my ring before I move next week, since I won't have much time to play coming up soon. Found two (crap) legendaries at least in all those runs!

After getting my Act 1 key first try, my subsequent 10 tries have been a whole lot of nothing. I was hoping to get my ring before I move next week, since I won't have much time to play coming up soon. Found two (crap) legendaries at least in all those runs!
That was some serious trolling by Blizzard. We ran it multiple times at MP5 and the rest were MP4 and still nothing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
My firebomb+acid rain build with garg and laechpets works well on trash and elite/champ packs, but it doesn't seem to put out enough damage for single target to be effective on bosses. I might drop Firebomb for one of the higher single-target damage dart runes like splinters or the fire one, see if the benefit on single target is more than the loss to my aoe killing.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Well I played D3 last night for the first time in a few weeks, first time since the patch, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Before my wizard with crap gear was having a tremendously hard time in Inferno Act 2. I simply could not progress without feeling like I was hitting my head against a wall. I died so often that the repair costs were draining my gold faster than I was making it. I was getting shit drops because I couldn't kill anything worthwhile. I had actually been forced to farm Act 4 of Hell just to make gold to buy new gear, but upgrades for me were so expensive and the gold grind was going to take so long that I just lost interest. It wasn't fun anymore.

Fast forward to last night. Suddenly my wizard is actually killing things in Inferno again. It's still deadly if I make a mistake or don't pay attention, but with skillful play I'm able to make progress. Elites are dying, I'm actually able to earn NV again, I'm hitting new checkpoints, but more importantly I'm getting loot again. I upgraded my shoulders and my bracers last night, FROM DROPS IN GAME! I even found my first blacksmith recipe ever! In fact, I was making such good progress that I almost contemplated upping the game to MP1 instead of the default MP0.

I even met one of the keywardens in a field in Act 2, and after a tough battle I actually downed him. Didn't get a key, but I did get my new shoulders from him. And have they added new events to the game in the past few months? I have hundreds of hours into this game but I came across like three new events last night that I had never seen before, and I only did like half of Act 2 Inferno. They were fun too, another pleasant surprise.

But most importantly, I was having FUN playing Diablo III again. I think I'll even play some tonight.

M.D

I want to understand something about monster power
The MP level doesn't directly impact your chances of finding better items, right? It only boosts your stats further with each level? Let's say for example MP10 gives me 500MF, I would have the same chances if I could somehow get 500MF from my gear (I know it's probably not possible, just an example) with no MP?

Also, does the portal to the infernal machine only stays opens as long as your in the same game? Let's say I open one and don't kill the bosses, it will close if I log out?

Revoh

it will close if I log out?

If you're playing solo, then yes.
If you're in a party and people are still inside the game, then no, just rejoin and play. Also, you don't lose your NV in party mode anymore if you logout to check the AH or get DC'd. They need to implement this on solo play too.

I want to understand something about monster power
The MP level doesn't directly impact your chances of finding better items, right? It only boosts your stats further with each level? Let's say for example MP10 gives me 500MF, I would have the same chances if I could somehow get 500MF from my gear (I know it's probably not possible, just an example) with no MP?

Also, does the portal to the infernal machine only stays opens as long as your in the same game? Let's say I open one and don't kill the bosses, it will close if I log out?
MP0 will mean the level of the monsters is whatever it was pre 1.05. So previously Act 3 was the go to act because it gave you the most chance for iLevel 63 items. As soon as you set it to MP1 and above though, all monsters in all acts are level 63 so therefore you have the maximized chances for the high level items. For this reason, you can now play any act that you prefer with the same odds for loot.

The MF aspect of MP is the same so that yes if you had 500 from MP or 500 from gear it would be the same. There is one other benefit of MP though and that is there is the extra drop feature where I believe it works on everytime a monster drops an item, the higher the MP level the more chance of an extra drop happening.

Celegus

Guys I found Bashiok farming Act 2. I got the blade. I swap my main attacks and I hit him and nothing happens.

You took off your main attack right? As in, open your skills window then drag the icon for your primary attack off the bar and it should turn into a little sword icon, then hit him like that. It worked fine for me doing it like that, same for punching Diablo.

You took off your main attack right? As in, open your skills window then drag the icon for your primary attack off the bar and it should turn into a little sword icon, then hit him like that. It worked fine for me doing it like that, same for punching Diablo.

Punching Diablo worked.

This is not working. We tried the entire group.

Revoh

Yeah about the "free money" from Blizzard indicent, well I got an email yesterday saying that Blizzard was going to chargeback the money (228$ for me) in a few days and please don't use it.
Well I did, a week ago I bought WoW, but only that lol. So I asked for a refund and got it, now I can return the full amount.

So please take that into account, if you got free money from them be careful not to f things up. Some people received +1000 USD.

M.D

If you're in a party and people are still inside the game, then no, just rejoin and play. Also, you don't lose your NV in party mode anymore if you logout to check the AH or get DC'd. They need to implement this on solo play too.

I really like the party system change
I don't really understand why you have to lose your NV if you change skills

MP0 will mean the level of the monsters is whatever it was pre 1.05. So previously Act 3 was the go to act because it gave you the most chance for iLevel 63 items. As soon as you set it to MP1 and above though, all monsters in all acts are level 63 so therefore you have the maximized chances for the high level items. For this reason, you can now play any act that you prefer with the same odds for loot.

The MF aspect of MP is the same so that yes if you had 500 from MP or 500 from gear it would be the same. There is one other benefit of MP though and that is there is the extra drop feature where I believe it works on everytime a monster drops an item, the higher the MP level the more chance of an extra drop happening.

MP1 is still really easy so this is good to hear :)

M.D

I really like the party system change
I don't really understand why you have to lose your NV if you change skills

MP1 is still really easy so this is good to hear :)

Can anyone help me out - How much does does it cost to craft a star gem if you're starting with a flawless square? 500K?

oktarb

Well I played D3 last night for the first time in a few weeks, first time since the patch, and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Before my wizard with crap gear was having a tremendously hard time in Inferno Act 2. I simply could not progress without feeling like I was hitting my head against a wall. I died so often that the repair costs were draining my gold faster than I was making it. I was getting shit drops because I couldn't kill anything worthwhile. I had actually been forced to farm Act 4 of Hell just to make gold to buy new gear, but upgrades for me were so expensive and the gold grind was going to take so long that I just lost interest. It wasn't fun anymore.

Fast forward to last night. Suddenly my wizard is actually killing things in Inferno again. It's still deadly if I make a mistake or don't pay attention, but with skillful play I'm able to make progress. Elites are dying, I'm actually able to earn NV again, I'm hitting new checkpoints, but more importantly I'm getting loot again. I upgraded my shoulders and my bracers last night, FROM DROPS IN GAME! I even found my first blacksmith recipe ever! In fact, I was making such good progress that I almost contemplated upping the game to MP1 instead of the default MP0.

I even met one of the keywardens in a field in Act 2, and after a tough battle I actually downed him. Didn't get a key, but I did get my new shoulders from him. And have they added new events to the game in the past few months? I have hundreds of hours into this game but I came across like three new events last night that I had never seen before, and I only did like half of Act 2 Inferno. They were fun too, another pleasant surprise.

But most importantly, I was having FUN playing Diablo III again. I think I'll even play some tonight.

This was my experience almost word for word. I even got a key and more yellow loot than I knew what to do with, gear for my minion, a legendary. I'm back.

foladar

Yeah about the "free money" from Blizzard indicent, well I got an email yesterday saying that Blizzard was going to chargeback the money (228$ for me) in a few days and please don't use it.
Well I did, a week ago I bought WoW, but only that lol. So I asked for a refund and got it, now I can return the full amount.

So please take that into account, if you got free money from them be careful not to f things up. Some people received +1000 USD.

Yeah i got the same email, was waiting for them to take back their $5.

Dahbomb

Fighting Ubers is fun. Best to play with a full group.

I find myself popping into other people's game and asking "You guys did the Warden yet?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom