• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played pretty late last night. Got all three keys to try for some ring pieces later. No legendary drops though. I was so hoping for one too.

MP 4 is my sweet sport for efficiency. MP 5 is more than doable, and its where I key farm at.

Reflect damage is a terrible terrible mob affix. It's wild how much more it hurts me in MP5 compared to MP4.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
It seems the legendary drop rate has dropped off for a lot of people, I still haven't been lucky enough. However last night I was able to find all 3 of the keys and the plan in my first run on MP5, then vengeful eye from Kule/Siege also on my first try on MP3. Hoping the lengendaries come soon as most of my friends have fun WAY more.

Kyoufu

People are reporting that they've received money from Blizzard via PayPal for no reason at all.

Might want to check your PayPal accounts!

a35IU.jpg

Really wish it had all resist, then I'd be a rich man. It should be worth something, though =B

I played pretty late last night. Got all three keys to try for some ring pieces later. No legendary drops though. I was so hoping for one too.

MP 4 is my sweet sport for efficiency. MP 5 is more than doable, and its where I key farm at.

Reflect damage is a terrible terrible mob affix. It's wild how much more it hurts me in MP5 compared to MP4.

How are you doing on taking hits?

I can do MP4 fine until I come across ground effects (except plague) and sentries. I pretty much have to run around like a little girl at that point. Some melee attacks do inexplicably high damage too, like those bull things and cultist packs

larvi

After not having much luck last night, I woke up early this morning and did a quick A1 run and found 2 legendaries, a manticore (which I'll be lucky to get 500k for) and this:

iki.png

Nice str roll and 2 random affixes are all res and crit dam which is great even if they aren't highest rolls. Possibly my 1st 100mil plus item in D3, I put it up for a starting bid of 90mil and hopefully I'll get some action, could use a cash infusion.

How are you doing on taking hits?

I can do MP4 fine until I come across ground effects (except plague) and sentries. I pretty much have to run around like a little girl at that point. Some melee attacks do inexplicably high damage too, like those bull things and cultist packs

MP4 is prety easy for me from both damage taken and given. It's my "sweet spot" right now. Arcane sentry hurts more in general and so does reflect damage and molten though in MP4 I can play more like I did in 1.0.4. Serenty through stuff and take the elites out.

With my enchantress I have 5K armor, 740 all resists, 84K DPS w/ 2.09 APS and 750 LOH now as a comparable.

MP5 is actually pretty easy solo for me as well. It feels like I need another 20K damgae before it becomes efficient it would seem. Refelct damage mobs work me though. Which is bad since I need more damage to move to MP5 efficiently and my LOH is already not enough.

Taking away a monks ability to dodge incoming damage, in any form, seems silly to me. It's our main defensive mechanic. I'm at a native 46% chance to dodge and it only feels useful for fireshains.

What kind of glitches ? Keep in mind it's possible your graphical settings were reset, so if you changed anything there you might want to check them.

When the patch came out, the game would freeze for a couple seconds and then de-freeze. After the patch yesterday it has been progressively worse. My computer now downright freezes and I have to hard reset it. :/ it seems to be happening with diablo only, but what do I know. It could be something wrong my computer, which I'm hoping it's not.

M.D

Does this game hate me or something? Not a single legendary or set item... It's not just on GAF, every second in the chat someone is like "hey just found this legendary/set item"

I'm doing Act 1 MP3 and get 331MF with 5 stacks and nothing even decent

Okay, that doesn't sound like the usual problems that happen with fixed framerates or anything else I've witnessed. I'd ask over at the Blizzard forums. Sorry I can't help.

Turns out it's definitely something with my computer =( i'm posting this on the wifey's laptop.

The computer just freezes up after a couple minutes of use. I'm doing a disk cleanup right now as it seems to be memory issue. On google chrome it says something like "loading up cache memory" or somethinbg like that. Hopefully a defrag will help it? =( i dunno

Dahbomb

Yeah I can do MP4 Act 3, MP5 is where things start to get dicey. Need a lot more DPS, I am actually looking into some set pieces and saving up my gold for them.

Today I actually found a Belt upgrade for myself.

Monks are in a terrible position right now where in order to get up past MP6 they have to choose between either DPS or mitigation. I have almost 1000 all res and if I start buying those Inna's pieces my res is going to start dropping for DPS. The good thing is that upgrading now is going to be hell of a lot easier. You are much more likely to get something good from a run, you get way more EXP/gold per run and prices are tanking everywhere.

Talaysen

I'm game, it's worth trying at least. Survivability seems more important than super high dps, I didn't have too much trouble staying alive after I switched to a shield.

I think it's kind of funny that the bigger, more "tanky" bosses seemed to go down quicker. Skeleton King went down faster than Maghda, Ghom before Rakanoth, and Siege before ZK. Reverse pschology blizz?

Seems like it might be doable, but rough. I went and bought a mediocre shield for cheap because it helps a lot here.

Skeleton King went down before Maghda because Maghda just sat there with a shield up until we killed SK. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not but it's pretty cheap!

Yeah I can do MP4 Act 3, MP5 is where things start to get dicey. Need a lot more DPS, I am actually looking into some set pieces and saving up my gold for them.

Today I actually found a Belt upgrade for myself.

Monks are in a terrible position right now where in order to get up past MP6 they have to choose between either DPS or mitigation. I have almost 1000 all res and if I start buying those Inna's pieces my res is going to start dropping for DPS.

It's pretty sad that the monk specific sets do very little to help out with the monk's most important aspects of survivability. Inna's headgear quite frankly is garbage in 1.05, the pants are awesome on the dps front but they have no vit or res, and the armor is ok, and the rest of the set is pure garbage. Even the bonus itself is pretty crappy except for the 130 dex. 10 life per spirit spent? 70 reduction for S.W spirit cost? .33 spirit recovery per second? Give me a break.

Dahbomb

It's pretty sad that the monk specific sets do very little to help out with the monk's most important aspects of survivability. Inna's headgear quite frankly is garbage in 1.05, the pants are awesome on the dps front but they have no vit or res, and the armor is ok, and the rest of the set is pure garbage. Even the bonus itself is pretty crappy except for the 130 dex. 10 life per spirit spent? 70 reduction for S.W spirit cost? .33 spirit recovery per second? Give me a break.
Was about to point this out as well. The Inna set piece outside of the 2 piece bonus is ridiculously meh. It's way better to just get 2 Inna's and the rest Nat pieces for the 7.0 crit chance bonus. At least the Shenlongs are boss.

Was about to point this out as well. The Inna set piece outside of the 2 piece bonus is ridiculously meh. It's way better to just get 2 Inna's and the rest Nat pieces for the 7.0 crit chance bonus. At least the Shenlongs are boss.

I only hvae two of the inna's set and that's all I plan on getting. I would look into getting two of the Nats set, but I love my ice walkers too much.

I also don't understand how they don't include All RES as a standard affix on the innas set.

I only hvae two of the inna's set and that's all I plan on getting. I would look into getting two of the Nats set, but I love my ice walkers too much.

I also don't understand how they don't include All RES as a standard affix on the innas set.

I think innas bonus should have all res included, and I think all innas gear should have a standard fix of varied resists to be accompanied with OWE. I don't think they should have fixed All Res like some other legendaries and set items, but for example, All inna's pants should have, say, 40-50 fixed res, and it could be fire, arcane, physical, etc. It would make the set a loooot more interesting compared to what it is right now.

Definity

I think innas bonus should have all res included, and I think all innas gear should have a standard fix of varied resists to be accompanied with OWE.

I agree. If we could get an all res bonus I would finish out the set.

Prices still on the way down. I upgraded my nat boots to more life regen and double the dex roll for 15 mil. Almost ready to pull the trigger on some gem upgrades too since they keep dropping.

I've got two infernal machines ready to go for later tonight. Outta town this weekend and I want to try my luck with another hellfire ring before then.

Dahbomb

If someone else makes the portal can other people enter it too? I need the plan in act 4 but if I can fight Ubers before that then I am game.

kennah

If someone else makes the portal can other people enter it too? I need the plan in act 4 but if I can fight Ubers before that then I am game.

Yep. I did three boss fights last night with an awesome gaf group and I haven't even gotten a single key yet.

I doubt I'll play tonight unless it's really late. Brother in law is coming over for dinner and movie. HOwever ... I have three keys. So if anyone is on when I decide to make a run at the uber bosses ... I'll hit them up. Probably won't be until this weekend though.

sleepykyo

I don't understand a lot of things. The STI should have been done to OWE and done on this one and leave STI alone. Instead they nerfed STI and left OWE in the background which makes the monk class the new DH, where players know that they're going to get shafted repeatedly for the near future.

Dahbomb

Funny thing is that none of my friends who are Monks have changed their builds... like at all. Everyone is still running STI... like they should be because you still need the extra defense at MP4 and higher. Only thing I am seeing different with Monks is that they are using more stuns/CC moves but I always ran Blinding Faith because it always has been amazing (now it's even better).

OWE nerf is coming and it's not going to promote build diversity, it will just lead to weaker Monks all around. People are still going to be using OWE even if the passive is 75% of your highest res (maybe even 50%).

sleepykyo

Funny thing is that none of my friends who are Monks have changed their builds... like at all. Everyone is still running STI... like they should be because you still need the extra defense at MP4 and higher. Only thing I am seeing different with Monks is that they are using more stuns/CC moves but I always ran Blinding Faith because it always has been amazing (now it's even better).

OWE nerf is coming and it's not going to promote build diversity, it will just lead to weaker Monks all around. People are still going to be using OWE even if the passive is 75% of your highest res (maybe even 50%).

To be fair that was just one of the goals. The other was to shrink the survival gap between the melee/wizards and dh/wd. So they got one out of 2.

turnbuckle

That was one of the goals, but barbs are still king. What's the point?

My roommate is a wizard and he kills stuff on MP3 quicker than I kill stuff on MP1. It's almost to the point that if we're not running co-op that I don't bother playing. Maybe at higher level MP barbs can survive long enough to make slow progress, but I'm more interested in efficiency (and I don't care to do WW).

Am I missing something with barbs, or is it only WW that's "king"?

I still feel they need to work on the spiky damage. Its like one second I have full health the next I've used my potion the next I'm back down to low health and then dead.

I can't dodge fast elite froggies and you gave them extra health? I'm only on MP1 lol.

I'm having a hard time completing actIII, can some one take a look at my guy and let me know what I need. Farming has produced nothing for me and its getting really dull to farm actI and actII.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pompidu-1119/hero/26569361

Edit: The life stat at the bottom left are not correct to this gear. Must have been from my magic find gear. My life is 47k.
Your helmet is crying for an upgrade. If you got one with a socket and crit chance and the dex still of course, you could sacrifice some of the vit that is on your current one and throw in a gem for the added life % so you would get more DPS without reducing your overall HP.

Gems are dropping in price. Definitely try and get a better gem in your bow for the added critical damage. That coupled with the crit chance on the helm would really give you a boost.

I'm not certain, but it looks like you are using the Templar as your follower? I'd suggest going with the Scoundrel as one of his skills will give you 3% more crit at all times which will again boost your DPS.

With those combined improvements to your crit chance, it'll mean you can then stop using sharpshooter as a passive which becomes somewhat pointless when you have high enough native crit chance. I'd suggest replacing it with Perfectionist which got a massive boost in 1.05 which will mean 10% boosts to your armor/HP/AR while still giving the 10% reduction in Disc skills cost..

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Anyone have any insight on current effective Witchdoctor builds? Vision Quest with bears, garg, ghost bomb, soul harvest and spirit walk seems reasonably effective, but I'm not totally in love with how close-range of a spec it is considering how defensively weak WD feels.

Vodh

I don't know how long it's been going on, but Leoric's spin move (the one that deals massive damage) has some kind of an animation bug, he does a part of the 'spin setup' and then walks very slowly instead of doing the spin, but the damage and range are just the same.

Motherfucker. Missing this thing is easier than ever, killed me several times on MP4...

Vodh

Anyone have any insight on current effective Witchdoctor builds? Vision Quest with bears, garg, ghost bomb, soul harvest and spirit walk seems reasonably effective, but I'm not totally in love with how close-range of a spec it is considering how defensively weak WD feels.

This is what I'm rolling with: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vodh-2936/hero/2574623

With my current gear, it's great for MP1-2 farming and does well enough in MP3-4, but with that pace I'd call it progression rather than farming. Once I get geared it should do fine on MP3-4 farming I hope, since I absolutely love Acid Rain and out of the basic primary spells Ghost Bomb is my definite favourite.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Thanks, I have been interested in trying out an acid rain build. I am lucky to have a few friends who never stopped playing, so I have a hand-me-down 1000dps weapon and a zunimassa offhand to get me back into the swing of things.

I hadn't considered leaching dogs and zombie handler. 4 dogs life stealing should definitely help with survivability.

kennah

Thanks, I have been interested in trying out an acid rain build. I am lucky to have a few friends who never stopped playing, so I have a hand-me-down 1000dps weapon and a zunimassa offhand to get me back into the swing of things.

I hadn't considered leaching dogs and zombie handler. 4 dogs life stealing should definitely help with survivability.

I do three dogs lifestealing, Gargantuan Cleaving, supplemental damage from Acid Rain and crowd control with wall of zombies.

So fun.

EDIT: Also use the Fetish Syncophants for my passive. Those little guys are so cute and pretty common with the right skills.

V_Arnold

I am rocking that, but instead of ghost bomb, I use stunning snake Poison Dart variant, it is a godsent on elites, bosses, and in every situation where I can create a bottleneck by stunning the mob in front of a door :p

Bears are at least safe to spam with 3 dogs and gargantuan tanking.

It's funny because before 1.0.5 I was eventually strong enough to drop resolve, keep STI & OWE and run fleet foot. The second 1.0.5 hit I went right back to RESOLVE, STI, OWE and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

IMO one of the major issues with monks is that our main defensive purpose is to dodge, and it's such a weak defensive mechanic.

This is my WD, what can use an Upgrade?

Any help would be appreciated, I still suck.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Doomsayer-1624/hero/1001251

Yea you should be able to find upgrades relatively easy, need more INT on all your pieces, get the rings crit chance higher your amulet should have crit chance and crit damage, upgrade your gems to at least the +42 versions.

Pants have to go, no sockets and not great int/vit for no socket and no AR.

Gloves try and get crit hit crit chance and int.

My WD still in Hell though making my way through: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/8809132

Nice find

I'll probably keep it, because has better stats than my stormshield, but ... what about a price check for AH ?

4M1fd.jpg

I'm gonna guess a couple mil? The vit and all res is very good, str is O.K, but the critical is actually pretty low. It's pretty easy to find shields with 8%++ critical.

Nice find nonetheless.

Cipherr

It's funny because before 1.0.5 I was eventually strong enough to drop resolve, keep STI & OWE and run fleet foot. The second 1.0.5 hit I went right back to RESOLVE, STI, OWE and will stay that way for the foreseeable future.

IMO one of the major issues with monks is that our main defensive purpose is to dodge, and it's such a weak defensive mechanic.

Im a DH and not a Monk, but still I agree. The fact that its tied to our main stat as our major defense sucks. Casters get Resist All from theirs, and Barbs get armor from theirs (which may as well be resist all). Freaking sucks that we get dodge, and that Blizzard decides to just fucking randomly disable it on certain affixes like Reflect.

I'm having a hard time completing actIII, can some one take a look at my guy and let me know what I need. Farming has produced nothing for me and its getting really dull to farm actI and actII.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/pompidu-1119/hero/26569361

Edit: The life stat at the bottom left are not correct to this gear. Must have been from my magic find gear. My life is 47k.

Your helmet is crying for an upgrade. If you got one with a socket and crit chance and the dex still of course, you could sacrifice some of the vit that is on your current one and throw in a gem for the added life % so you would get more DPS without reducing your overall HP.

Gems are dropping in price. Definitely try and get a better gem in your bow for the added critical damage. That coupled with the crit chance on the helm would really give you a boost.

I'm not certain, but it looks like you are using the Templar as your follower? I'd suggest going with the Scoundrel as one of his skills will give you 3% more crit at all times which will again boost your DPS.

With those combined improvements to your crit chance, it'll mean you can then stop using sharpshooter as a passive which becomes somewhat pointless when you have high enough native crit chance. I'd suggest replacing it with Perfectionist which got a massive boost in 1.05 which will mean 10% boosts to your armor/HP/AR while still giving the 10% reduction in Disc skills cost..

To add to this: When you get your Scoundrel follower set up with decent gear, make sure the Bow is a cold damage bow with as much dex on it as you can find. Just any high dex cold damage bow, they are cheap because the dps on them dont go very high. Then give him the 3 way shot skill. This way whenever he shoots he fires 3 arrows that slow everything they hit. Its VERY nice for a DH companion, he constantly snares everything allowing you to move and kite freely. Between the Snares from the Scoundrel and your Caltrops nothing can get close to you.

I would also consider the Companion skill to replace Preperation. He tanks Champs now, and boosts your resist all and gives some life regen. I mean it REALLY tanks. Its nice for champ packs because now you just kill 1 of the three ASAP, then kite the second, then run back and find your boar tanking the third and kill the last one for free. With the changes the champs and mobs will always focus on your boar instead of you when theres only one of them left. I think you will find yourself with much less need of Preps 60% heal when you cut the number of champs in a pack by 33% because the boar offtanks one or two each pack.

I'm starting to wonder if the patch will bring in new players or even make returning players stay

I've been having a lot of fun with the game, but posts like "I can't even play the game unless my room mate is with me cause his char is so much better than mine" are alarming in the way that the game heavily discourages multiplayer games.

I myself didn't bother at all playing with friends of mine in 1.04, before for the most part they were undergeared but my character was strong enough that I could carry a party of 3 or 4 in a multiplayer game and feel like i was most making proggress. The only way I can play with my friends who have less gear than I do now is by lowering my MP, which is a huge bummer on my side, and on their side they have to play on lower MPs because they don't have the gear to play with me.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Blizzard really doesn't have good long-term plan to Diablo 3, seeing that while the new patch is fun for a lot of seasoned Diablo players, I have this gut feeling that for the more casual players it's very discouraging not being able to play with their friends. Anybody have their two cents?

I don't understand a lot of things. The STI should have been done to OWE and done on this one and leave STI alone. Instead they nerfed STI and left OWE in the background which makes the monk class the new DH, where players know that they're going to get shafted repeatedly for the near future.

I'm trying to move away from STI. Im running resolve, pacifism, OWE. Pacifism is pretty nice when you purposely proc it for damage mitigation. Gives you time to cool down some skills. Granted i am playing with 1.0.3 gear at MP3.
It's not optimal but it is something diff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom