• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

Almost finished the last act on inferno. What a crazy trip its been. Why is dh gear so freaking expensive?
Also can anyone point me to a good farming route for act3 please

Wolfie5

With those stats MP3 for sure Wolfie.

I'm farming MP3 with these stats on my WD -> http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/koji-2671/hero/964675

Falling maniacs in act 3 are pissing me off (keep lvl 2) since I stopped using a shield the fuckers take me out in one blast, it's also my fault a bit for not paying attention enough...

Yeah, I underestimated my WD a little a long with the fact that I wanted to kill monsters very quickly. Did a quick act 3 Keep Depths run and killed Ghom on MP4 without any problems.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Gave act3 mp7 a whirl with my moderately geared rend barb...was pretty damn hard but doable if willing to die multiple times to certain affix combinations. The key warden required like 7 deaths (but did drop a key).

The best part is I did a significant chunk of the act and got zero legendaries (430MF). Meh. Typical.

Created an MP5 act 1 game, and this dropped from the first thing I killed outside of town. =)

screenshot077u.jpg

Dahbomb

You must have the worst luck ever. I played act 3 yesterday again and got 2 legendaries. Both were garbage but I appreciate the regular drops of legendaries. This was on mp4, got the key as well as 1 level of paragon.

Xamdou

Found a natalya set chest with crappy stats yesterday and an inna set belt with vitality roll this morning. Been a while since I found a set piece, last time I found one was around a month ago which was the high specced Immortal chest armor which I sold for $244.

ShinNL

Okay, I just started softcore and saw this. Can someone explain this to me? Why does this exist for lv30? Is this hacked?

spectrumdps.png

syllogism

Okay, I just started softcore and saw this. Can someone explain this to me? Why does this exist for lv30? Is this hacked?

spectrumdps.png
It's a legendary that drops in the secret level, even on inferno difficulty and happened to roll elemental damage as the random affix. Affixes are now based on enemy level rather than item level. Too bad it only has one random affix, or it could also roll -level requirement, so you could potentially have a 600+ dps weapon on level 12.

larvi

I know I need a 5 stack of valor to get the keys to drop, do I also need as 5 stack for the organs to drop? I just beat rakanoth and ghom and didn't have any valor stacks, was wondering if I screwed up and wasted my machine.

I know I need a 5 stack of valor to get the keys to drop, do I also need as 5 stack for the organs to drop? I just beat rakanoth and ghom and didn't have any valor stacks, was wondering if I screwed up and wasted my machine.

Yes you did.

Always, whatever you do, have 5 stacks

Definity

Prices in the AH still on the way down or have they stabilized? Out of town for a few days and have not been able to check. Really want to buy a shenlong fist soon and have been holding out.

larvi

Yes you did.

Always, whatever you do, have 5 stacks

Thanks, when I saw nothing but blue drops it occured to me I forgot the valor. Oh well, it was a test to see if I could solo the encounter, it took me 2 tries but I was able to beat them on mp1 at least, that encounter should be the worst for a DH I would assume so I should be able to beat the others as well.

So is MP1 10% chance of keys dropping? Do you need to be in MP to get the drops? Or just Inferno?

I really cant go any higher lol than 2 or 3 max.

eek5

So is MP1 10% chance of keys dropping? Do you need to be in MP to get the drops? Or just Inferno?

I really cant go any higher lol than 2 or 3 max.

Just inferno but you need 5NV before killing keywarden.

MP0 is 5%
MP1 is 10%
MP2 is 20%
etc.

RNG will fuck with you though. I've gotten 3 keys in 4 runs on MP1 and 0 keys in 4 runs on MP4 lol

ShinNL

It's a legendary that drops in the secret level, even on inferno difficulty and happened to roll elemental damage as the random affix. Affixes are now based on enemy level rather than item level. Too bad it only has one random affix, or it could also roll -level requirement, so you could potentially have a 600+ dps weapon on level 12.
lol sick

Got 2 legendaries getting the first two keys today. Nothing amazing and certainly not worth much on the AH but they were both upgrades for my character so I'm fine with it.

M.D

Just got my first set item :D

How much is this thing worth? I can't check the AH right now

I imagine not a lot since the stats are pretty crappy but it does have a socket

sE6dy.jpg

I just came back home from work.. when I left there were no bids on my helm, and now I come back home to see someone bought it for 25M buyout! Holy shit :p

I now have 32M, more than I ever had! :p

Alright got the first key! So basically I want to get three of each, and then find 3 people to carry me at MP 10 so I'm guaranteed all the ring parts?

Also no Legendary after like 9 hours of play today :(!

Wolfie5

Had a look at Life on hit for rings and amulets on the AH. Life on hit were close to 500 on rings and 1000 on amulets. They were never this high before patch, right?

V_Arnold

....if HALF of my stuff sells on the Ah...

if only QUARTER of my stuff sells...

Then I have 100+million.

From 800k.

Take THAT. :p

And it will sell! Optimism!

FUCK YEAH!!!!

I spent the rest of my 28m, bought a weapon upgrade for my monk, a new andariels visage with 200 dex and 5% fire damage taken, and have now finally crossed 100k dps with shield :D

I never thought this day would come lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
While we're celebrating, I finally crossed 100k unbuffed (although with pierce the veil passive).

Man, I never thought I'd see the day.

Sigmaah

Fought the uber bosses on mp 3 with some firends. One dude got lucky and got all 3 pieces for the hellfire ring in 1 try. I only got one :(

But fighting the bosses was very fun. I'm really digging this new patch.

100k DPS unbuffed?
:eek:

Nah, buffed with Breath of Heaven. I have 87k without...

And man, now that I have over 100k dps, you cast cast overawe mantra and blinding flash, you can pretty much mangle anything in 3 seconds... I think I might have seen a critical doing 450k, which is insane for a monk without dual wield.

larvi

A3 keywarden hates me. I get the A1 and A2 keys in 1 or 2 tries but A3 takes me 6 or more for some reason, running mp3.

If anyone needs a DH to tag along for some boss/key runs please add me, Larvi#1905. Public games are no longer an option with no monster power. Here's a link to my profile:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Larvi-1905/hero/19644254

Edit - switched to MP4 and finally got the A3 key to drop. I have a machine ready to go.

RS4-

Bah, I get two legendary drops for my monk, both are Dawns. I really need to sort my DPS, its at 20k, give or take. At least I finally got my resistance up around 600.

Too bad I'm broke and have less than 60k gold lol.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
a legendary crossbow dropped!
lvl 61.

350 base dps unid.

its a hellrack

less than 900 dps.

no dexterity.

:(

its not even good for my companion. my companion would lose 2k damage and 18k health.

Zuly

This wand just dropped on me:

yp88e.png

It's not much but still better than what I had.

I also got this too but too bad the DPS sucks.

ibeUlSlJFrrFlv.png

Mystery

While we're celebrating, I finally crossed 100k unbuffed (although with pierce the veil passive).

Man, I never thought I'd see the day.

High DPS Witch Doctor rocks. :D

With my regular ring I'm a bit over 100K DPS unbuffed. (Only about 500K EHP, though). With Hellfire, I'm at about 94K or something. Apparently according to diabloprogress I'm in the top 4-500 Witch Doctors in NA, but that's according to their Hero Score, so it's probably not accurate.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
High DPS Witch Doctor rocks. :D

With my regular ring I'm a bit over 100K DPS unbuffed. (Only about 500K EHP, though). With Hellfire, I'm at about 94K or something. Apparently according to diabloprogress I'm in the top 4-500 Witch Doctors in NA, but that's according to their Hero Score, so it's probably not accurate.

Woah 500k EHP? I'm at 300k right now.

Out of curiosity, what's your MP10 build? Are you using SB-WoS?

Wouldn't mind checking your profile ;D

Also, I'd like to add I don't have a single bit of IAS, it's all pure damage =D

Dahbomb

Any Monks here playing above MP6? I don't understand what build Monks can have to solo above that level. Either the DPS isn't high enough or the survivability isn't enough.... you have to make a trade off.

Also you guys should check out the commodities. Radiant Star Emeralds are just a bit over 4 million... yes you read it right.

Mystery

Woah 500k EHP? I'm at 300k right now.

Out of curiosity, what's your MP10 build? Are you using SB-WoS?

Wouldn't mind checking your profile ;D

Also, I'd like to add I don't have a single bit of IAS, it's all pure damage =D

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ForeverEnder-1925/hero/2256620

Profile, but it hasn't updated in about a day for some reason. Changes are that when I do high MP, I put a Perfect Star Amethyst in my helm. I also use my regular ring, which has damage, int, vit, socket with Perfect Star Amethyst, 4cc, and 30cd. That puts me at about 62-63K HP, and 105K DPS. Depending on the act I'm doing, I might switch out Soul Harvest for Acid Rain, and when fighting ubers, Zombie Handler gets switched out for Spirit Vessel.

Also you guys should check out the commodities. Radiant Star Emeralds are just a bit over 4 million... yes you read it right.

Saw this earlier when I was thinking about upgrading jewels. For some reason the stars weren't lower. Just the Radiant Stars which I didn't have enough for. Angry about it too since I spent 12M a month ago on one!

spectrumdps.png

I just got this, but it rolled 60 damage. In the same run I hot a level 58 legendary shoulders and burned three machines on mp5 with not one ring piece.

Trolled pretty hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom