• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

I'd say at best MP2, but probably better to stick with MP1.

Cool, I figured as much. Most of my gear is cheap stuff and old things from like right before and after they changed inferno so it's not as good as I want. Getting Crit hit and crit damage with all the stats I want is expensive and it's hard to sell things nowadays, lol.

Shadow780

Is it better to have more armor now with barbs or same ol' Impunity still rocks?

I've been trying MP3 on Act 1 with Warcry-Hardened + Superstition, and Warcry-Impunity + Nerves of Steel, hard to read on which one is better.

M.D

Can anyone give me advice what to get for my DH?
I finally got him to 60 yesterday (did nothing really, a friend was power leveling me with cain set + MP10, and Bitmap Frogs who helped me unlocking the difficulties :)

I get 52K DPS with my current gear. I have 27M so I can afford some set decent stuff I guess

Talaysen

Is it better to have more armor now with barbs or same ol' Impunity still rocks?

I've been trying MP3 on Act 1 with Warcry-Hardened + Superstition, and Warcry-Impunity + Nerves of Steel, hard to read on which one is better.

Impunity is just about always better. Hardened Wrath is only better if your resist is low compared to your armor. I ran some numbers, and if your resist is at least 7% of your armor, Impunity is better. If it's 6% or less, Hardened Wrath is better. In between, it depends on what the numbers actually are.

I'm thinking about spending some money on upgrades soon. What should I upgrade? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Talaysen-1383/hero/5623738 Critical Mass builds are what I usually roll with, since I don't really know anything else that works (and it's fun). I have about 100m.

Wolfie5

No legendary drop, but I got this nice ring.
Need help pricing this:
FHGOE.jpg

EDIT:
Found something similar for 150m buyout. I put 125m buyout, but it seems too high, right?

Cipherr

Can anyone give me advice what to get for my DH?
I finally got him to 60 yesterday (did nothing really, a friend was power leveling me with cain set + MP10, and Bitmap Frogs who helped me unlocking the difficulties :)

I get 52K DPS with my current gear. I have 27M so I can afford some set decent stuff I guess

I would find a pair of bracers right away with crit on them. They go as high as 5% or maybe a bit more on bracers, and you should be able to find a set with some decent crit (4% or so) and good dex and a little resist all extremely cheap.

I'd also look for a helm with a socket on it, and some crit on it as well. Toss a high level red gem in the helm to help you gain your paragon levels faster. Its definitely worth it IMO. Or just slap a high level Amethyst in the helm and gain a lot of extra HP.

Finally I would look into getting a dead mans legacy quiver. They are legendary, have great stats, and fall from trees, so getting a really good one is very inexpensive. A mere 3 million can net you an extremely good Dead Mans Legacy quiver.

A better belt should be easy to find these days also. Honestly with 27m, as long as you are careful you can get some insane upgrades with prices the way they are now.

Shadow780

Impunity is just about always better. Hardened Wrath is only better if your resist is low compared to your armor. I ran some numbers, and if your resist is at least 7% of your armor, Impunity is better. If it's 6% or less, Hardened Wrath is better. In between, it depends on what the numbers actually are.

Thanks.

kennah

So entertaining low level bonus to my above Hellfire ring.

It rolled 151 damage to attackers.

Pretty much one hits most things on Act I Normal, haha.

Also - you can equip your follower with the it for a 7% bonus to xp. You could probably hit 300% xp gain with cain's set and a leoric's signet. oh man, awesome.

Tom Penny

Anyone having a problem with battlenet? It's not updating when I swap gear..it's like 2 days off so I can't do gear upgrade checks :/

M.D

I would find a pair of bracers right away with crit on them. They go as high as 5% or maybe a bit more on bracers, and you should be able to find a set with some decent crit (4% or so) and good dex and a little resist all extremely cheap.

I'd also look for a helm with a socket on it, and some crit on it as well. Toss a high level red gem in the helm to help you gain your paragon levels faster. Its definitely worth it IMO. Or just slap a high level Amethyst in the helm and gain a lot of extra HP.

Finally I would look into getting a dead mans legacy quiver. They are legendary, have great stats, and fall from trees, so getting a really good one is very inexpensive. A mere 3 million can net you an extremely good Dead Mans Legacy quiver.

A better belt should be easy to find these days also. Honestly with 27m, as long as you are careful you can get some insane upgrades with prices the way they are now.

Thanks for the advice :)

I got these braces for 25K (still looking for something better tho)

LERzx.jpg

About the helm - I'm bidding for a nice one right now, hopefully I win. I already have a gem with 23% exp for the power leveling, so I'll use that.

I'm looking for a Dead Man's Legacy hopefully I'll find something that could give me a good damage increase. Belt are pretty cheap IIRC so I'll get one soon.

Now as far as chest pieces go - Natalya's Embrace is pretty cheap, even with some AR.
It has 3 sockets so that's great as well. comparable chest pieces (with VIT) seem to go for the millions.

Anything else I could change? Maybe get Natalya's Bloody Footprints/Ice Climbers? I'm also looking to replace my right ring with something better

MrDaravon

Holy shit, 300+ hours in and my first set item!

AA8ls.jpg

Can't check it right now, no idea if it's any good or not. Took 15+ Legendaries until I got my first set item -_-. Still psyched though!

Westonian

Looking for the keywarden in Act 2. Cleared the whole area and searched for 15 minutes.

WHERE IS HE? AT THIS RATE I MIGHT AS WELL DO A NEW RUN!

Are you serious? Hidden in a little crevice in the map. This game is so frustrating sometimes...
I hate the Act 2 Warden. He is always the last place I look. And I've run him at least a dozen times on MP2 with close to 300 mf and still no key. Act 1 dropped on my third attempt.

Are you serious? Hidden in a little crevice in the map. This game is so frustrating sometimes...
The EXACT same thing happened to me. As well I once had the Act 3 warden way up in some upper tower area that had just a single exit. Definitely gotta check everywhere, but it sure can be time consuming.

Yesterday was a good day. I actually found more set items than regular legendaries. 2 Inna set items and a pretty nicely rolled Danetta's crossbow. Wound up doing a bunch of boss runs and got 2/3 pieces as well. Highlight of the night for me was being solo against just the Siegebreaker(ZK was down already) and vaulting across the map for revives on the rest of my group.

V_Arnold

It is really not :p

You just need to learn that if you want to check for it in a map, you need to really look for it. If you leave 2 half cm wide space in opposite sides of the map "just cause", it will bite you.

woober

So I read this reddit post: here

and decide... hmmm. I've only been doing MP5 max. Lets give MP7 a roll. Upon the first elite killed:

I WENT HOLY SHIT.

iLNL9zHIcPVPe.png

No clue if this is a good roll or not. I don't see vit, so I'm guessing it can't be amamammazing.

Wolfie5

I hate the Act 2 Warden. He is always the last place I look. And I've run him at least a dozen times on MP2 with close to 300 mf and still no key. Act 1 dropped on my third attempt.

MF doesn't affect chances for key drop. Only MP level and you must have 5 NV stack to even have a chance of getting a key.

Two Legendaries and One Set piece today. I'm lucky!

Two of value: Depth Diggers with decent little roll (~20 mil probably) and Zumassa's Marrow (with armor roll and low int) worth ~20 again.

Good day.

Cipherr

So for someone who hasnt seen a key drop yet. Are these keys MP locked? Like if I get a Act 1 keydrop on MP2 is it usable with a MP3 Act 2/3/4 key? Or do they all have to be from the same MP level?

Westonian

So for someone who hasnt seen a key drop yet. Are these keys MP locked? Like if I get a Act 1 keydrop on MP2 is it usable with a MP3 Act 2/3/4 key? Or do they all have to be from the same MP level?
Keys are keys, the mp level only affects the likelihood of it dropping.

I have no idea why my battle.net profile isnt getting updated. I bought a new weapon yesterday which gave me roughly 10k dps and it's not showing. I wanna see where my monk is at for dps in the americas :O without the upgrade, there's 3400 other monks with better dps, which quite frankly makes me quite happy :D

Talaysen

I have no idea why my battle.net profile isnt getting updated. I bought a new weapon yesterday which gave me roughly 10k dps and it's not showing. I wanna see where my monk is at for dps in the americas :O without the upgrade, there's 3400 other monks with better dps, which quite frankly makes me quite happy :D

It only updates like once a day I think.

Rufus

Flipped a 100k helm for 5m. Aw yeah.

Sorry about the double post, but I had to inform everyone of this quickly. I'm sure you're all very interested.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tinantlu-1973/hero/26011531

This is my Witch Doctor

I beat Inferno once they nerfed it, and can do MP 2 or 3 on Act 1, which I'm happy with

Where would you suggest I start upgrading next? Everything he uses is self found, and I would be willing to sell/trade any piece of it

I found the WD set dagger today (first set piece I've ever looted). I set the auction to start at 1Mil. If it doesn't sell tomorrow (it probably won't) you can have it. ~900dps, lifesteal, and int and crit dmg.

Xamdou

Had a great run with a gaf party earlier this morning farming keys and organs and was able to get the last piece to craft my first hellfire ring:

FirstHellfirering.jpg

Now I can shoot two fireballs! One from the hellfire ring and one from my dual shenlong fist!

V_Arnold

Blizz trolled me with a 44-46 rainbow legendary orb drop :)

But I took it with a smile on my face since it was the ~10th legendary drop since the patch, and I do not even have time to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom