• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Curious about the key quest..seems to me like the key is sort of underpowered but maybe I'm missing something? Yes, the xp bonus is great but some rings are MUCH better...maybe to the point of allowing one to 'efficiently' do one more MP level and lose 20%xp but give you significantly more magic find and gold find.

Not sure what to think.

Curious about the key quest..seems to me like the key is sort of underpowered but maybe I'm missing something? Yes, the xp bonus is great but some rings are MUCH better...maybe to the point of allowing one to 'efficiently' do one more MP level and lose 20%xp but give you significantly more magic find and gold find.

Not sure what to think.

200 possible main stat plus the chance at other things means it can be very godly for an EXP ring.

The proc was super powerful too though on the ring.

Did they nerf it?

Mystery

The proc only does 25K damage now, but the ring is insane for leveling alts. I slapped one on a brand new Wizard this morning before I went to work, ran into Whimsyshire, and killed about 5 flowers with a few hellfire procs, and gained 9 levels in about 10 minutes.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
My plan is to do MP0-1 farming in Archon mode with Cain's Set, Leoric's Signet, and the Hellfire Ring. EXP is coming fast without Hellfire...can't wait to get it to continue blasting through Paragon.

Definity

Did a quick act 3 key run at MP5 a few mins ago and met up with two packs and the key warden all in the same area. Yeah. That was painful. Would like to do a quick uber run later tonight but the Walking Dead may take priority. :)

Sigmaah

Finally playing this game on my new computer, HOLY SHIT IT LOOKS LIKE I'M PLAYING A MOVIE. This game will be a lot more fun to play now lol.

Xamdou

Finally playing this game on my new computer, HOLY SHIT IT LOOKS LIKE I'M PLAYING A MOVIE. This game will be a lot more fun to play now lol.

Game does looks amazing max settings! Running this in 1080p hooked up my 46" Sony HDTV with 5.1 surround sound!

It doesn't just look good, crank that sound up. Very deserving of that sound award they won!

I do voices all the way down (I've heard it enough lol) music at half sound effects and ambient all the way up. Thats how it should be! MV at 80-90.

Make sure your bass is mixed in well not cranked but a little above half.

Game does looks amazing max settings! Running this in 1080p hooked up my 46" Sony HDTV with 5.1 surround sound!

Ha thats the exact same setup I use!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ForeverEnder-1925/hero/2256620

Profile, but it hasn't updated in about a day for some reason. Changes are that when I do high MP, I put a Perfect Star Amethyst in my helm. I also use my regular ring, which has damage, int, vit, socket with Perfect Star Amethyst, 4cc, and 30cd. That puts me at about 62-63K HP, and 105K DPS. Depending on the act I'm doing, I might switch out Soul Harvest for Acid Rain, and when fighting ubers, Zombie Handler gets switched out for Spirit Vessel.

Nice!

Here's mine: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BitmapFrogs-2409/hero/1004236

Lacking in survivality =/

Shadow Boss in beginning, Rakanoth and Izual should all give you a stack. Also Izual and Diablo don't drop good enough loot.

That might make it a bit easier/useful to go into Act4. The good part is Act 4 is SHORT, whole thing takes 45 minutes.

I ran Act 4 in from beginning to keywarden 3 times yesterday. Didn't get the plans though. Actually gunna try for the plans again tonight I think.

kennah

Usually by the time you clear Garden Tier 1 and 2 you are set. Don't forget that a lot of the short side areas are good for a stack. Two if they have a resplendent chest.

8 infernal machines tonight, all of them ap MP6.

60% chances of looting ring pieces.

Out of 8, I got 2.

60% of chances.

2 out of 8.

25% drop rate... Out of 60... I understand stats and probability. But damn it. I'm pissed

suffah

Does maths and stuff

Out of 8, I got 2.

60% of chances.

2 out of 8.

25% drop rate... Out of 60... I understand stats and probability. But damn it. I'm pissed

Damn that sucks....username quote.

Gonna start a key group in about 10 mins. Anyone interested hit me up battletag is #suffah1877

kennah

Out of 6 infernal machines last night I got drops on 5. We were on MP3 or 4, can't remember.

Really excited for ring #2 whenever it happens (just need Ghom's piece). Gonna go for INT this time!

neoism

Out of 8, I got 2.

60% of chances.

2 out of 8.

I can barely do mp2 I will never get the ring with my luck

MrDaravon

So I found this:

at4mx.jpg

Slightly baffled; priced it on a whim, there's 2 or 3 that have higher vit but lower Str/Dex with around 9 million buyouts, the next one available has higher Str/Dex but lower Crit at a 50 million buyout. Nothing inbetween. I'm very confused. I'm guessing it's the combo of All Resist + Crit % that's making this so vaulable?

Dahbomb

So I found this:

at4mx.jpg

Slightly baffled; priced it on a whim, there's 2 or 3 that have higher vit but lower Str/Dex with around 9 million buyouts, the next one available has higher Str/Dex but lower Crit at a 50 million buyout. Nothing inbetween. I'm very confused. I'm guessing it's the combo of All Resist + Crit % that's making this so vaulable?
Not only that but it has poison res plus dex on it as well as Vit. All the stats a Poison Monk would need on a Bracers. It's good money.

Out of 8, I got 2.

60% of chances.

2 out of 8.

Well I am 0 for 3 on MP6 as far as organ pieces go.

Lokbob

Decent Legendarys getting so dirty cheap, I think I'am going to level a Witch Doctor with Hellfire Ring on high MP. WD probably beeing the least played class should help too.
My Barb farms MP5 without much trouble and Gear Upgrades getting really expensive. I'll just spend my ~100 Millions on that Witch Doctor.

MrDaravon

Not only that but it has poison res plus dex on it as well as Vit. All the stats a Poison Monk would need on a Bracers. It's good money.

Ahhhh, I totally didn't think about that. I put it up starting at 500k with a 25 million buyout for giggles, if it's still there after I'm done with this run I may or may not adjust.

So another question, I just found this (the one on the right):

f4v3m.jpg

So first off that's rad. Secondly though, even though it says it increases my damage, is it really worth it to give up the attack speed bonus? I guess what I'm saying is should you always just look at the damage +/- and ignore anything else or not? I'm just running Hungering Arrow/Lightning Ball, I don't really have any attacks that specifically proc on hit, so I guess dropping attack speed would only theoretically negatively affect me in my HA speed which could in theory cost me Hatred if I was in a bind or something?

Decent Legendarys getting so dirty cheap, I think I'am going to level a Witch Doctor with Hellfire Ring on high MP. WD probably beeing the least played class should help too.
My Barb farms MP5 without much trouble and Gear Upgrades getting really expensive. I'll just spend my ~100 Millions on that Witch Doctor.

Everyones rerolling WD lately.

Do you crit like half or more of the time? The second rings DPS boost is purely coming from Crit Damage because its less Dex. So if you crit alot and can take the health loss go for it.

The ring you have now is pure DPS dex and IAS and is not dependent on whether you crit or not.

So say you eventually lose some crit chance on another piece upgrade, that crit damage ring now becomes less effective. Making it harder to find upgrades on other pieces. Always tend to side on the pure non-dependent factors of DPS (Dex IAS).

I think? Honestly I'd say because of the health loss you'd be better off just getting the gold for that.

MrDaravon

Do you crit like half or more of the time? The second rings DPS boost is purely coming from Crit Damage because its less Dex. So if you crit alot and can take the health loss go for it.

The ring you have now is pure DPS dex and IAS and is not dependent on whether you crit or not.

So say you eventually lose some crit chance on another piece upgrade, that crit damage ring now becomes less effective. Making it harder to find upgrades on other pieces. Always tend to side on the pure non-dependent factors of DPS (Dex IAS).

I think? Honestly I'd say because of the health loss you'd be better off just getting the gold for that.

Hmmm, I'll have to think about it because my crit is 39.5%. The Health is also kind of irrelevant since 1k's not going to make a difference anyway since I'm a DH, and I also already have 38k HP which seems to be pretty high for a DH. Since I'm on the fence about it I'll probably see if it's worth anything, and if it is I'll just sell it. Thanks for the input!

Mystery

I've been doing it on mp1. Mp2 takes a little longer. I'm 0-2 on the a3 one.

Mind you, I'm not the most decked out monk either.

Act 3 Keywarden is a broken fucking fight for Witch Doctors. It takes me about five lives to go in, hex, spam bears, then die on MP7 before I can kill him. I just farmed 6 keys from him, so hopefully I don't have to do it again for awhile.

Anyone wanna help me do Act 4 on some MP so I have a shot at getting the plans?

Also I just beat Izual and he dropped plans for staff I picked them up and now I can't drop them lol wtf? Also I beat him on Inferno shouldn't he have dropped Inferno plans? Which I don't think I have yet...I only have a Hellish Staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom