• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
3fbvT.png

Just picked this up, can I get a PC? :)

I put it up for 500mill while I think about where to actually put it.

Thats close to a perfect roll

Price it at whatever absurd amount you can think of. It might sell

Level 30 noob questions:

-are there mods for this game?
-do you ever get to upgrade your inventory? I have to go back to town to sell shit like every ten minutes.
-what are these stacks I keep hearing about?
-is there an heirloom system like in WoW, something that makes leveling alts faster?
-where can I get the tomes to train my jewelcrafter past level 4?

Sigmaah

Just crafted my 1st hellfire ring

33 min damage
263 strength
82 dex
77 int
Open socket

300+ strength on this ring. Damn
Dps with battle rage went from 86K to 92K.
So close to 100K

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Level 30 noob questions:

-are there mods for this game?
-do you ever get to upgrade your inventory? I have to go back to town to sell shit like every ten minutes.
-what are these stacks I keep hearing about?
-is there an heirloom system like in WoW, something that makes leveling alts faster?
-where can I get the tomes to train my jewelcrafter past level 4?

no
no, only stash. you eventually know when not to pick up subpar items
at level 60, you can get NV stacks up to 5. You get 1 from an elite pack and they give you MF and GF bonus
Pick up a helm with socket, add a nice red gem. Hellfire ring is bind on account so you could get one for alts. They're tough to get for fresh 60s
AH or drops, they're not worth going out of your way though

Talaysen

Hellfire can roll socket? Sweet.

And double rolls on the primary stat too, apparently! Though I think I wouldn't want either of those on my "best" ring (LoH/AS/CD/CC).

Just did a quick MP1 run for fun. Used Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect and Diamond Skin - Diamond Shards for full offense. I basically just ran around while things died everywhere. Kind of feels like MP1's optimal for normal farming a lot of times because you can just remove every defense skill you have set and go full offense for even faster runs. That and I swapped in some movement speed items to make the running take less time.

Of course it's still worse for keys, though. And playing in groups probably changes that a lot (I can run that build in a group if there's some more tanky types around).

V_Arnold

So, was I lucky or not? :p

oeMrZ.jpg

If any EU Gaffer wants it before I put it up in the AH, do not be afraid. These stuff seems wildly expensive, so!

M.D

I always lose auctions on great items with cheap prices in the dumbest ways :|

Lost an auction on a helm with 150 dex, vit, crit and soc because I was looking at other itrms for my DH and forget about it.. it was about 100k with minutes left. lost a bid on a similar helm with no vit for about 150k because I wanted to put in a higher number and got confused and it was over.

Now, I lost a bid in a similar way on gloves with dex, attack speed, crit and crit damage for 100k when there was under a minute left

Are Demon Hunters as bad as in game chat claims? (aka useless solo)
Not in the least. I run MP6 solo pretty easily. I think the drawback with DHs is that it costs a fair bit to outfit them well...that is not just to be a glass cannon. If you want to have HP/DPS/AR/Armor...well that's gonna cost you!

A friend of mine crafted a hellfire ring with 200 dex, 70 vit, 35% critical damage and 6% critical.

I just couldn't believe it. He'll basically NEVER have to switch rings again ~_~

A friend of mine crafted a hellfire ring with 200 dex, 70 vit, 35% critical damage and 6% critical.

I just couldn't believe it. He'll basically NEVER have to switch rings again ~_~

It was 35% crit dmg and not 50. Also, no Attack Speed.

So it's not a tri factor.

So he can improve it ;)

M.D

I'm considering getting an Andariel's Visage

There's one I'm looking at right now - It has high dex, crit, attack speed and a socket but also %20 fire damage

How deadly would that be for a DH? my resistances are 400+ (with two that are 350+)

MrDaravon

I'm considering getting an Andariel's Visage

There's one I'm looking at right now - It has high dex, crit, attack speed and a socket but also %20 fire damage

How deadly would that be for a DH? my resistances are 400+ (with two that are 350+)

I'm a 60 DH rocking an AV. Straight up, it's not going to really matter. I messed around for a while with actually trying to get all of my resists up to 500-600; fire damage from fireballs, etc still one-shotted me. Unless you have really uber gear that lets you actually tank as a DH (which is extremely difficult) I wouldn't worry about it. I get one shotted by a lot of fire damage with the AV, but I was already getting one-shotted without it and 500 Fire Resistance.

M.D

I'm a 60 DH rocking an AV. Straight up, it's not going to really matter. I messed around for a while with actually trying to get all of my resists up to 500-600; fire damage from fireballs, etc still one-shotted me. Unless you have really uber gear that lets you actually tank as a DH (which is extremely difficult) I wouldn't worry about it. I get one shotted by a lot of fire damage with the AV, but I was already getting one-shotted without it and 500 Fire Resistance.

Hope I can get it then :)

BTW, just found these

f7wep.jpg

Worth anything? Can't check the AH since I'm still playing..
I'm not sure how much something like this is worth since I got these for 15K, and I thought they were supposed to go for millions

egcJc.jpg

ccbfan

Wow AH prices have completely collapse.

I mean like stuff thats worth 1 million pre 1.05 you can get for under 10K

Last night before I went to bid on some items with low starting bids and put 100001 on each.

Checked in the morning and geez.

Got 4 850+ DPS one handed weapons. All with over 150 dex (one also have over 200 int), socket, 500+ loh for under 10K.

Got a 6X ra, 5 cc, socket, 100 dex helm for under 100 K.

Got a 7 cc, 8 as, 3x ra, 3x poison ra, 100+ dex glove for under 50K

Got a 21 block, 9 cc, 100+ (poison + all resist), 100+ vit shield under 10K

turnbuckle

This game is so streaky.

Played about 10 hours Saturday and got 1 dumpy legendary (lvl 58 wizard hat) on MP3 with maxed MF.

Sunday, played about an hour and a half and got 9 legendaries - 3 set items.

Got 2 HF rings so far, a STR and a VIT. Made sure to get a Vit one for alts. My STR had decent rolls, but I'm gonna have to make some more.

Wow AH prices have completely collapse.

I mean like stuff thats worth 1 million pre 1.05 you can get for under 10K

Last night before I went to bid on some items with low starting bids and put 100001 on each.

Checked in the morning and geez.

Got 4 850+ DPS one handed weapons. All with over 150 dex (one also have over 200 int), socket, 500+ loh for under 10K.

Got a 6X ra, 5 cc, socket, 100 dex helm for under 100 K.

Got a 7 cc, 8 as, 3x ra, 3x poison ra, 100+ dex glove for under 50K

Got a 21 block, 9 cc, 100+ (poison + all resist), 100+ vit shield under 10K

Life on Hit isn't worth jack anymore because everyone have enough dps to make life leech more valuable.

Nobody uses shield any more (I got a superb shield to tank better in MP6 for nothing and it has 10 cc so I'm not loosing that much dps compared to the added vit, dex, res, armor, etc...)

Still, I have a life leech weapon, but I have 2 attack per second so I wonder if a life on hit second hand can't become handy at one point

Vodh

I haven't played in about a month, but I'm guessing the latest patch has upped the drops a ton?

Yeah, unless you're living the epitome of dry spell. For example, all I got so far in terms of legendaries since the patch is a crappy cindercoat, and I've dinged about 6 paragon levels across a few different characters.

Mystery

Was farming an Act 2 key, and I found the Warden! ...And some friends. Well, fuck.

ibzIKiW29SmmZf.png

But a few minutes later...

icOjXXH7Of4Fg.png

Success!

Basically, there were 2 illusionist packs right on top of the keywarden, and I just ran them around in circles, then darted in to damage the keywarden, then ran them around again once they caught up. Took a few minutes, but I got him down. :)

Jrmint

So I haven't played in a month or so and I have a quick question about MP.

The way I understand it is even with MP1 you'll get the same drops in Act 1 now as you do in Act 3. Is that correct?

Mystery

So I haven't played in a month or so and I have a quick question about MP.

The way I understand it is even with MP1 you'll get the same drops in Act 1 now as you do in Act 3. Is that correct?

Yes, MP1 turns every monster into a level 63 monster, and item affixes roll based on monster level.

syllogism

As the title suggests, we're going to be reducing the amount of damage monsters do in Inferno whenever Monster Power is enabled. Before I detail what's changing, though, let me first explain why we're making some adjustments.

When we originally designed and implemented the bonus values for monster damage in Inferno, we were unaware that a bug was causing monster abilities (i.e. Rare and Champion affixes) to not scale correctly with each Monster Power level. While this bug was caught during testing and did not make it into the game, the result of it being fixed meant that monster damage -- specifically damage done by monster abilities -- was ultimately higher at MP1 through MP10 than we intended it to be when 1.0.5 released.

So, to bring monster damage back in line with our original goals for the system, we're implementing a hotfix that will reduce the scaling bonus to monster damage in Inferno difficulty by approximately 25% for all Monster Power levels.

Here are the new damage values that will be hotfixed in for each MP setting:

MP1: 109.60% (down from 114%)
MP2: 120.12% (down from 130%)
MP3: 131.65% (down from 148%)
MP4: 144.29% (down from 169%)
MP5: 158.14% (down from 193%)
MP6: 173.32% (down from 220%)
MP7: 189.96% (down from 250%)
MP8: 208.20% (down from 285%)
MP9: 228.18% (down from 325%)
MP10: 250.09% (down from 371%)
Seems rather unnecessary, even if the current values weren't intended

Seems rather unnecessary, even if the current values weren't intended

I've been doing MP5 at a current 193%. It looks like, with the exception of more HP for lowered efficiency, I should be able to handle MP7 after the hotfix.

Should make ring farming better. Our group did an uber run the other night on MP7 and got worked. The damage was too much. Lowered it to MP6 and it was a cake walk comparatively. After this patch we should be able to do MP7 it looks like for ring farming.

larvi

I've been doing MP5 at a current 193%. It looks like, with the exception of more HP for lowered efficiency, I should be able to handle MP7 after the hotfix.

Should make ring farming better. Our group did an uber run the other night on MP7 and got worked. The damage was too much. Lowered it to MP6 and it was a cake walk comparatively. After this patch we should be able to do MP7 it looks like for ring farming.

I was thinking along the same lines as well but from the way it reads it's just damage they are scaling back, not HP as well. So if reflection mobs are what are causing me grief now they will still be causing me grief after the hotfix since they will have the same HP

M.D

Should I upgrade to these? The ones with the IAS

ESigS.jpg

I actually don't know if they would give me higher damage. Why can't you see that in the AH? :/

7 Minutes left to the auction and it's at 1.3M

Edit: Sorry I was on my WD my gloves are 104 dex, 28 CD, 8 CC

kennah

What class? DH yes, if it's for your WD don't do it, the IAS won't help all that much.

EDIT: Acutally, don't. Not worth it.

M.D

What class? DH yes, if it's for your WD don't do it, the IAS won't help all that much.

EDIT: Acutally, don't. Not worth it.

Yes, talking about DH

Edit: NVM, bid is over.
I'd like to know - is there a site you can put in stats to calculate DPS?

My group is cakewalking MP6 but we still have an hard time on the Kuhle / Siege Breaker combo and ultimetaly run out of time because we spent too much time kitting/dying.

Now we could really own MP6 but we'll still won't have enough DPS for MP7 I guess

neoism

o MEH GOD those fucking Trees in act 1 WTF why does those poison flower things destroy me.... 700 all res poison monk

also my monk.... I'm so stuck on my weapons. but does lighting dam weapons stack with weeping wind.?

Sarye

My group is cakewalking MP6 but we still have an hard time on the Kuhle / Siege Breaker combo and ultimetaly run out of time because we spent too much time kitting/dying.

Now we could really own MP6 but we'll still won't have enough DPS for MP7 I guess

what's your strat for kuhle /Siege? I found the best way is to separate them as far as possible. have one barb on Siege and he could either run in circles or just face tank him until the rest of the group kills kuhle.

For reference, we pretty much cakewalk MP6 too. Our hangup is the leoric / maghda fight. We beat it eventually but sometimes we have to rez 3-4 times before hitting it just right. damn bats....

o MEH GOD those fucking Trees in act 1 WTF why does those poison flower things destroy me.... 700 all res poison monk

I think everyone hates those trees haha. Not much you can do about that even with 900 AR for me =( Prob the worst part of farming Act 1 keys

MP damage scaling being reduced? i have no idea why, the damage right now is already low enough... MP needs to have some challenge.

I'll probably be able to farm MP7 now, then :p

I still feel the itemization in this game is bad and it needs pvp and some sort of ranking system, but damn am I having fun now. Good job blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom