• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
63 weapons rolling with as advertised (unidentified base) DPS.

I can't even be mad.

Also:

Barb is somewhat geared now, enough to do Act 1 (still progressing though it, but I should be able to clear) somewhat comfortably on MP1. Not farming like my DH is with her 40k+ unbuffed DPS though. He's still a little squishy for the DPS he has, so he either needs to tank up a bunch, or up the DPS by about 20k. I've never really had much gold though, so you get to the point where just buying upgrades isn't that feasible.

M.D

What's a good price to put this at? I didn't think it was worth much, but the lowest one with comparable stats on the AH is 39M, and it goes up to 120M (which is a bit overpriced :p)

There's only one with similar stats that has no buyout, currently with a 9M bid with 2 hours and 44 minutes left. I guess I'll watch that. I'll put this for 35M for now, maybe I'll have some luck and someone will buy it :)
jEmpk.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
My freshly rolled Hardcore MP10 WD is absolutely a BLAST to play. Just started the Drowned Temple stuff in Act 1. Seriously, I love playing like this. So glad I decided to dive into HC.

Anustart

What's a good price to put this at? I didn't think it was worth much, but the lowest one with comparable stats on the AH is 39M, and it goes up to 120M (which is a bit overpriced :p)

There's only one with similar stats that has no buyout, currently with a 9M bid with 2 hours and 44 minutes left. I guess I'll watch that. I'll put this for 35M for now, maybe I'll have some luck and someone will buy it :)

It's a good day for gloves :3

toSGW.png

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I feel like I am having so much trouble understanding what I can do to increase my DPS as a Monk. Right now, after sacrificing some HP, I have something like 51k DPS unbuffed. But I see Monks that literally have 1-200k DPS, and I have no idea how they manage it. My only guess is madddd high critical hit damage. Which basically just means I need much better weapons - my weapons were some cheap Shen legendary set I got for around 1mil, and they do a decent job but... I don't do 100k+ DPS.

However, I am also broke as fuck, sitting on 3 mil I think right now. I guess I just need to get some money, maybe when I have 50mil I'll be able to afford some serious upgrades :p.

edit: actually if anyone wants to give me advice...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kin-1146/hero/2493880

My neck and helm aren't updated as of this post... but maybe in a few minutes.

RivalCore

Couple of things.

Gloves - Get crit damage to compliment your crit chance. You can afford to take the loss on resistances because yours are quite high to begin with.

Pants - Get Inna's Temperance. Seriously. Move speed, attack speed, high dex, two sockets and a little crit chance. They will help your DPS.

Boots - Not really much you can do there, but look for a pair with move speed. Absolutely required for more effective farming.

Rings - The legendary ring you have is pretty naff. Try to get 40+ average damage, dex, crit chance and maybe crit damage.

Bracer - Strongarm bracers have a higher crit chance and higher dex.

Amulet - Get some crit damage with crit chance.

Chest - Lose the Inna's. The chest is pretty shitty compared to other rares and legendaries. Use the chest to get better defensive stats. You'll still get the set bonus with Inna's Temperance.

Weapons - Shenlongs will only get you so far, and your's are pretty middling in terms of raw DPS and crit damage. If you eventually get some gold, a decent Echoing Fury with a socket will drive your DPS right up and you compliment that with a decent LoH/Socket/Dex rare.

Gems - Kind of given.

All in all, you can definitely take a hit in terms of defense and HP in favour of much higher DPS. I'd also change your skill set. Dump Crippling Wave in favour of Fists of Thunder and swap Wave of Light with Blinding Flast. Sweeping Wind basically takes your current DPS when you activate it so the extra 25% damage from BF is a huge DPS upgrade for it.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Couple of things.

Gloves - Get crit damage to compliment your crit chance. You can afford to take the loss on resistances because yours are quite high to begin with.

Pants - Get Inna's Temperance. Seriously. Move speed, attack speed, high dex, two sockets and a little crit chance. They will help your DPS.

Boots - Not really much you can do there, but look for a pair with move speed. Absolutely required for more effective farming.

Rings - The legendary ring you have is pretty naff. Try to get 40+ average damage, dex, crit chance and maybe crit damage.

Bracer - Strongarm bracers have a higher crit chance and higher dex.

Amulet - Get some crit damage with crit chance.

Chest - Lose the Inna's. The chest is pretty shitty compared to other rares and legendaries. Use the chest to get better defensive stats. You'll still get the set bonus with Inna's Temperance.

Weapons - Shenlongs will only get you so far, and your's are pretty middling in terms of raw DPS and crit damage. If you eventually get some gold, a decent Echoing Fury with a socket will drive your DPS right up and you compliment that with a decent LoH/Socket/Dex rare.

Gems - Kind of given.

All in all, you can definitely take a hit in terms of defense and HP in favour of much higher DPS. I'd also change your skill set. Dump Crippling Wave in favour of Fists of Thunder and swap Wave of Light with Blinding Flast. Sweeping Wind basically takes your current DPS when you activate it so the extra 25% damage from BF is a huge DPS upgrade for it.

Thanks for the tips! I guess I do have a lot of resistance, I just hate dying is all. I'm going to do what you said though, I wasn't really feeling so great about my chest as it was for example.

kennah

Woot! Wizard at 60. Just Monk to go now.

Also the game sure does like trollin' I got two legendaries on level 59. A Swamp Waders and a monk hat that isn't too terrible.

Eccocid

Finally reached level 60 with a barbarian and at act 2 of Hell difficulty.
It is not that difficult as i expected tho i made a huge mistake on my barbarian.

I was like EVERYTHING STR! ..Now i got like around 2000 base str with like 300 vitality and barely 10k HP lol. So i die pretty often haha. But i love the high damage with my 2hd weapon. Almost everything dies in one or 2 hits! But i guess i should scale back some str and get more vitality equipment?
Oh and this barbarian run from the very beginning to the act 2 of Hell i only got 1 fucking legendary so far..wtf :(

Rufus

Finally reached level 60 with a barbarian and at act 2 of Hell difficulty.
It is not that difficult as i expected tho i made a huge mistake on my barbarian.

I was like EVERYTHING STR! ..Now i got like around 2000 base str with like 300 vitality and barely 10k HP lol. So i die pretty often haha. But i love the high damage with my 2hd weapon. Almost everything dies in one or 2 hits! But i guess i should scale back some str and get more vitality equipment?
Oh and this barbarian run from the very beginning to the act 2 of Hell i only got 1 fucking legendary so far..wtf :(
My HC Barb is at 699 VIT in act 3 *nightmare*. I found two legendaries so far. A dagger I gave to my templar and have since replaced and a belt I actually wore for a while, too.

Really getting attached to the character now. I named her "bababa". She will never, ever die. No, no, no.

Eccocid

My HC Barb is at 699 VIT in act 3 *nightmare*. I found two legendaries so far. A dagger I gave to my templar and have since replaced and a belt I actually wore for a while, too.

Really getting attached to the character now. I named her "bababa". She will never, ever die. No, no, no.

699 vit! lol..i am a glass warrior. Sometimes i enter a room and wall blocks the view..and i just die as i step in! Cant even see what hit me..
And those lasers!!!! fucking lasers and other AoE that burns hp...i can only last like 2 secs on them. hahaha :(

Rufus

Reminds me of the Keep. The place is full of suicide bombers. Even with nearly 700 VIT I have to run from them. Thankfully they're often directly behind the door and activated, so you can see their green glow.

Elites are getting dangerous, too. Waller Arcane and Frozen Vortex can get hairy. Extra Health anything is a nuisance too, since I have to hack at them forever, but Ghom dropped a really good weapon upgrade that should help with that.

I can only urge anyone bored with the game to start a HC character.

I never get good drops :(

I did just finish Inferno though for the first time (MP0). That nerf to difficulty hit hard, and I had never really tried after that. Was only just inching my way forward in Act 3 pre 1.04. Could probably do MP1 as well.

I definitely don't have enough DPS to kill the even the Butcher on MP3, and might barely be able to do it on MP2 - was having trouble.

I'll probably give it another day before taking an extended break again. It's just too depressing not getting anything besides the crawling progress of Paragon Levels.

M.D

GAF, you gotta help me here.

I won a bid for The Witching Hour, which brought my total DPS to 110K. I lost no AR doing so. the only significant thing I lost is the 2.90 life steal I had on the IK belt, but I still have 2.30 life steal on my offhand sword. Why do I still feel like life steal isn't working? is 2.30 too low? should I get life steal on my main weapon as well? I tried Bloodthrist, but it doesn't seem to help much. I can't even do elites on MP5. It actually seems worse than before.

Celegus

I won a bid for The Witching Hour, which brought my total DPS to 110K. I lost no AR doing so. the only significant thing I lost is the 2.90 life steal I had on the IK belt, but I still have 2.30 life steal on my offhand sword. Why do I still feel like life steal isn't working? is 2.30 too low? should I get life steal on my main weapon as well? I tried Bloodthrist, but it doesn't seem to help much. I can't even do elites on MP5. It actually seems worse than before.

2.3% LS with no LoH is just nowhere near enough. I personally would never use a belt that doesn't have LS on it as a barb, but if you're attached, you're going to need a bunch of LoH on your jewelry. My 90k DPS barb with 12% LS can take a beating on MP7 or so and not even care (though I do also use the healing Rend rune). Damage is nice, but you really really need better healing.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hate to be the begging type, but does anyone have some crappy WD stuff they don't want on SC? I don't have money (just over 100k), so I can't really buy a set of gear. My WD is 52 and I want to get him to 60 at some point so I can explore the higher content before my HC WD does. Also, I want to have a relatively safe toon ready to do the expansion stuff when it eventually comes out.

Also, I hit 20 on my HC MP10 WD last night. Killed The Butcher and started Act 2. I might tone down the MP level simply because killing takes a bit too long in some cases, but I enjoy relying on crafting for gear at this point. I've only used the AH for gems, so it's really really fun in that regard.

kennah

I hate to be the begging type, but does anyone have some crappy WD stuff they don't want on SC? I don't have money (just over 100k), so I can't really buy a set of gear. My WD is 52 and I want to get him to 60 at some point so I can explore the higher content before my HC WD does. Also, I want to have a relatively safe toon ready to do the expansion stuff when it eventually comes out.

Also, I hit 20 on my HC MP10 WD last night. Killed The Butcher and started Act 2. I might tone down the MP level simply because killing takes a bit too long in some cases, but I enjoy relying on crafting for gear at this point. I've only used the AH for gems, so it's really really fun in that regard.

You're in luck. I just got my Wizard up to 60 last night and I still have a bunch of my leveling gear.

Dude, for all the work you put into Secret Santa, you deserve a bit of character pimpin'

We'll call it a wedding gift. :p

kennah#1358 I'll be on tonight sometime.

Xian

Neo Member
Best fucking weekend in the game for me so far.

I survived being a total idiot running into a boss and a suicide Fallen while wandering off from my party.

Then I found this amazing amulet...
Z2zFx.png

... Zunimassa's Vision
JvvoR.png

And to round things off a pretty decent Thing Of The Deep
Srchg.png

My Hardcore WD went from basically leeching in A3 (in constant fear of dying) to comfortable solo runs.

I guess I'll die soon enough. :D

DirtyLary

You are pricing it too high. I have 12 rmah sales this weekend so far.

How are you selling that much? I'm jelly. I even tried a new strategy just to get some value from junk. Any and all legends I find ( that aren't obvious huge money ) I just throw up on the RMAH for $1.6 to make a .50 profit. The one's that don't I try to sell low for flippers to grab, then I salvage the remaining. Some sell but damn, 12 over the weekend, that's pretty good.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You're in luck. I just got my Wizard up to 60 last night and I still have a bunch of my leveling gear.

Dude, for all the work you put into Secret Santa, you deserve a bit of character pimpin'

We'll call it a wedding gift. :p

kennah#1358 I'll be on tonight sometime.

I'll definitely add you. You'd be a pretty amazing dude for helping me out with that. :)

I'm enjoying HC more than SC, but I don't have the balls to blindly go into the later content with my HC WD as he climbs levels.

jkanownik

How are you selling that much? I'm jelly. I even tried a new strategy just to get some value from junk. Any and all legends I find ( that aren't obvious huge money ) I just throw up on the RMAH for $1.6 to make a .50 profit. The one's that don't I try to sell low for flippers to grab, then I salvage the remaining. Some sell but damn, 12 over the weekend, that's pretty good.

• I list with a reasonable buyout and lower that buyout after four hours until it sells.
  • I buy gold from the RMAH as needed when I see a deal worth getting.
  • I watch two very specific markets very closely and know exactly how much the items in those markets are worth.
  • I focus on high turnover versus maximizing profit on each item.
  • I spend more time in the AH than I do playing.

M.D

2.3% LS with no LoH is just nowhere near enough. I personally would never use a belt that doesn't have LS on it as a barb, but if you're attached, you're going to need a bunch of LoH on your jewelry. My 90k DPS barb with 12% LS can take a beating on MP7 or so and not even care (though I do also use the healing Rend rune). Damage is nice, but you really really need better healing.

Well, looks like you're right.
I got a ring (lost 4.5CC and 1.5K DPS) and switched to my IK belt (while also using Bloodthirst - 8.20 lifesteal, 446 LOH) and MP5 is fine for the short time I tried it.

I don't want to give up The Witching Hour, since it gives me a lot of DPS, I guess I'll just get a main weapon with life steal.

BTW, found this while trying out MP5. Worth anything?

Z4GDw.jpg

DirtyLary

• I list with a reasonable buyout and lower that buyout after four hours until it sells.
  • I buy gold from the RMAH as needed when I see a deal worth getting.
  • I watch two very specific markets very closely and know exactly how much the items in those markets are worth.
  • I focus on high turnover versus maximizing profit on each item.
  • I spend more time in the AH than I do playing.

Ah nice, I was never one to flip. I consider D3 my virtual lottery ticket simulator and will continue to chase that elusive money drop.

I had a good weekend in that things were dropping for me, but a terrible weekend in that the rolls were horrid. Three green dropped for me.

IK Belt (Salvaged)
Nat's Chest (Salvaged)
Shenlongs RA (Decent DPS, but no CD or SOC) 500k maybe.

Seeing green is so exciting too. lol

Anustart

I'll definitely add you. You'd be a pretty amazing dude for helping me out with that. :)

I'm enjoying HC more than SC, but I don't have the balls to blindly go into the later content with my HC WD as he climbs levels.

Im going to be upgrading my zuni boots soon, you can have the old pair when i do.

Mayyhem

I've built my first infernal machine, I REALLY want a hellfire ring, if anybody could help me get one I'd love you forever

Mayyhem#1529

turnbuckle

Think I'm at the point in the game where my only upgrade options are going to cost me a ton (unless someone misprices something). My most obvious area of upgrade would be breaking my set bonus and shoot for str+crit mempo or high str ice climbers, but the IK set bonus is really growing on me with the unforgiving passive. I'm sitting on about $220 in blizz bucks and 60m gold with items in my stash that if I wanted to drastically undercut the market, could net me another hundred or two. I think I might actually do that, since it's a pain having my stash full.

I really wish there was a second class that uses Strength. I wouldn't mind making a new character with some of the gear I have, but so much of it is focused on strength.

I bought an incredible ring this morning for 80m that was a big dps upgrade over my other dps ring and it doesn't have a main stat so I can use it or sell it to any class.

My time in the game now is mostly doing some mp4 or mp5 sorta key farming. I'll do a roundabout 5 stacks in any given act and clear through stuff pretty quickly, kill the warden, then sorta wander around and kill things for a bit and look for random spawning areas or achivements while taking a little advantage of my nephalem stacks. I'm finding that to be more fun than making a B-line for keys and starting over (I save that for when doing multiplayer, and then I prefer to dial it up to mp7-9).

I've built my first infernal machine, I REALLY want a hellfire ring, if anybody could help me get one I'd love you forever

Mayyhem#1529

Add me. I'm not gonna be on tonight, but for future reference! Turnbuckle#1273

VALKYRAY

Banned
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Violentine-1122/hero/18906996
violentine#1122
add me if anyone needs to be carried mp8+, Im also glad to do group high MP key runs.

4% from skorn, 3% from IK belt. I can tank MP8+ bosses with nothing but frenzy.
IMO, you need at least 5%. use the passive if nessary.
eLqUj.jpg

Yeah, any news on PvP yet?

Nope. PvP blog was supposed to be "soon", but they announced that it was delayed. If we don't see it this week, I don't expect to see it until January.

Hit Paragon Level 10 this morning. Switched out the Amethyst I had in my helm for a Ruby because I realized that if I'm just doing MP0 Act 3, or even MP1 Act 1 or whatever, I don't really need the extra health as a buffer, especially since the nerf to difficulty.

What's the typical Act 3 run anyway? I started at the Siegebreaker quest, went back and farmed some stacks, went to Stonefort for the Keywarden, and then just went forward as normal from there. Anything more efficient? Siegebreaker -> Cydaea -> Azmodan is relatively quick with pretty small maps with a lot of mob density, so it made sense to me to just do it all.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Not sure which of you guys it was here that lent me the -11 level req sword on my WD, but holy shit thank you. I'm absolutely rolling through Act 2 Hell. It took me just over 1.5 hours to get to and kill Zoltun Kulle from the start of the act. I'll finish that tonight and start through Act 3, hit 60 early on, and plow in Inferno to start getting a feel for things before continuing with my HC WD. SO good.

kennah

Not sure which of you guys it was here that lent me the -11 level req sword on my WD, but holy shit thank you. I'm absolutely rolling through Act 2 Hell. It took me just over 1.5 hours to get to and kill Zoltun Kulle from the start of the act. I'll finish that tonight and start through Act 3, hit 60 early on, and plow in Inferno to start getting a feel for things before continuing with my HC WD. SO good.

It was me, and yeah, fucking love that thing. Sure it's only 750 dps on a 2 hander - but that +500 int makes a huge difference.

EDIT: When you hit 60 bug me again, I'll have amulets and rings and ceremonial knives and offhands for you.

EDIT2: And put that damn ruby in your helm!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It was me, and yeah, fucking love that thing. Sure it's only 750 dps on a 2 hander - but that +500 int makes a huge difference.

EDIT: When you hit 60 bug me again, I'll have amulets and rings and ceremonial knives and offhands for you.

EDIT2: And put that damn ruby in your helm!

Ah yes - I knew your IGN, didn't realize it was your GAF name (because I'm dumb and didn't really look). Yeah, I need to toss that ruby in there, haha. I'll be doing that over lunch I imagine!

Rufus

What's the typical Act 3 run anyway?
The Alkaizer run is best, still.

Start on "Kill Azmodan", get the Core of Arreat checkpoint that's right before the fight, then remake.

- Core of Arreat, clear backwards toward the WP
- Tower of the Damned 1, do one one lap around the ring
- Tower of the Cursed 1, check near the waypoint for a champ pack, go to the small stars at least, leave immediately if the area is clear
- Arreat Crater 2; can be a bit confusing, but you'll get used to it
- Bridge of Korsikk, check north if you want, sometimes a champ pack is not far from the WP, then clear the bridge backwards towards ...
- ...Fields of Slaughter and clear (I like to go around the outside edge, then zigzag through the middle), but avoid the Caves
- Keep 2 (WP to Keep 1, then go through the door to Keep 2)

TP out, remake.

Phenomic

So I've pretty much determined that all my friends have quit this game, but I'm left playing it mainly alone with my cousin.

Is there some sort of GAF community vent channel for Diablo 3? I'm not like a super great geared player, but I'm not horrible. Definitely interested in doing lower to mid MP farming runs and just having a good time when I'm bored.

**Edit**

Thinking about it and I don't know why I didn't look before hand... Totally just scrolled through the first page and found all of this. I need to jump in on Mumble and start having some fun.

Anything special before hand I need to sign up for or is anyone pretty much welcome?

No, that's just a general GAF mumble. Will probably be filled mostly with LoL/Dota 2 players, but there are channels for just about every multiplayer game that anyone plays, including D3.

surprised no one post before:

Lylirra
Community Manager

We've recently issued account bans to several thousand Diablo III players who were found to be using botting programs while playing. In addition to undermining the spirit of fair play, botting, hacking, and other forms of cheating can also cause technical problems with the game as well as contribute to performance issues with the Battle.net service. To learn more about our exploitation policy for Diablo III and how it may affect your gameplay, please visit our official support site.

As always, maintaining a stable, safe, and enjoyable online environment for legitimate players is very important to us, and we'll be continuing to keep watch on Battle.net and take action as needed. In the meantime, if you wish to report the possible use of botting programs to Blizzard, please see this thread for more information. (We will also be adding the ability for players to report this kind of behavior directly through the game client in a future patch.)

For questions regarding account actions, please refer to Account Administration.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415462781#1

Reading other D3 forums blizzard is banhammering:

-Use of demonbuddy (bot)
-Use of Loot Alert
-Buy cheap gold from "China Farmers"
-Buy accounts

koji

surprised no one post before:

Was just reading this on reddit; http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/152inu/massive_bot_ban_way_struck_me_and_my_10_accounts/

I'm still surprised/shocked by how easy it is to bot... Guess I'm pretty naive...

I've had it on for 3 months 24/7 with no warning or nothing, so it wasn't a too big of a surprise today.

Just for the money since I don't have to do anything at all, just start the computers, it will then run an autmatic script that would start all diablo's and bots, put on certain settings and start automaticly. 20 grand over 3 months, haven't made a lot in the recent month though, got nothing sold.

I can't really say exactly since it depends on what I find (RNG) But I would think 30-45 euros a day would be a reasonable span of numbers to say, 10 accounts combined. Though in the last month it hasn't been much, items weren't selling etc.

Poor botters also suffering from the dead economy :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom