• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

so 10% crit chance storm shields with 32+ block are an object of deisre.

I've made a couple hundred million buying them and re-selling them.

:)

Anustart

I'm away from my PC right now, anyone wanna check if this talks helm I found is worth anything?

Has 180ish int
11% life
25 all Res
+180? Armor
6 cc

Pepto

Banned
Is this worth anything:

soj.png

Btw. what's up with the soj in the auction house. Can't really filter anything about the ring.

Rufus

You can't look filter stats that wouldn't appear on a rare item of the same type. Set it to armour, legendary and then pick the stats. It should let you pick everything if you don't specify that it's a ring.

LFG

Neophyte
Just completed Hardcore Inferno for the first time! Had about 10k gold from a previous HC character to start with. Used a Witch Doctor, spent maybe a total of 3mil on gear. Took me 26hrs 53mins. Woohoo! :D

pompidu

My interest in this game has really fallen. Garbage loot, damn chore just to level up, no pvp, prices on ah are ridiculous and paragon just locks you to one character.

Saerk

Went and added a few of you. Got myself up to 90k dps buffed. As a mage what should I be eyeing for boots, chest, and legs? I'm leaning towards Tyreals might, depth diggers, and I don't know for boots. I have around 20 mil to spend since I lucked out and sold a crossbow I found last week for 35 mil. Spent a few mil upgrading random spots.

LFG

Neophyte
Damn, Gratz!

Thanks! I had a few close calls, but I kept going. I also had some flawless square gems, so I didn't need to buy any and at level 44 I had a 2h axe with some nice dps to speed the leveling up a bit. Now, I guess I'll farm a1mp1 or do some a3mp0 runs.

Cipherr

I really feel like they need to announce some information about the next patch this week. Its been a long ass time, and things are starting to fade quite a bit.

I know it won't happen because of the holiday, but it has long since passed the point that they needed to start seeding the players good news from the next push.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I really feel like they need to announce some information about the next patch this week. Its been a long ass time, and things are starting to fade quite a bit.

I know it won't happen because of the holiday, but it has long since passed the point that they needed to start seeding the players good news from the next push.

PVP post should be up soon according to twitter.

Talaysen

Went and added a few of you. Got myself up to 90k dps buffed. As a mage what should I be eyeing for boots, chest, and legs? I'm leaning towards Tyreals might, depth diggers, and I don't know for boots. I have around 20 mil to spend since I lucked out and sold a crossbow I found last week for 35 mil. Spent a few mil upgrading random spots.

Wizard? If you're doing CM, you want Tal's for chest and Inna's for legs for attack speed. Otherwise, I don't know. Inna's is pretty bad for survivability (and Tal's isn't that great unless you spend a lot I think).

Also throwing battletag out there again if people want to add me: Talaysen#1383

Saerk

Wizard? If you're doing CM, you want Tal's for chest and Inna's for legs for attack speed. Otherwise, I don't know. Inna's is pretty bad for survivability (and Tal's isn't that great unless you spend a lot I think).

Also throwing battletag out there again if people want to add me: Talaysen#1383

How much attack speed should we be shooting for? I'm doing CM right now, but I can change out if needed. I was just thinking Tyrael's since you can get 15% dmg demons and 4% dmg (19% dmg boost to most elites in act 3/4) to elites plus good resistances, run/walk, and stats.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
How much attack speed should we be shooting for? I'm doing CM right now, but I can change out if needed. I was just thinking Tyrael's since you can get 15% dmg demons and 4% dmg (19% dmg boost to most elites in act 3/4) to elites plus good resistances, run/walk, and stats.
2.73 Attacks per second.

A Tal's with some decent vit and 70ish AR would cost less than a 3 socket Tyreal's, and it's rather tough to get to 2.73 without a Tal's chest unless you can undertake other costly options like an APOC Chant's source and a CC Mempo. Otherwise you'd likely have to use both Lacuni and Inna's, which will hurt EHP substantially.

Is he on EU or US?
Edit: nvm, checked the player list in the OP and he's North America.
I'm from EU so I cant give it to him correct?
Correct.

hai gais. I decided to reinstall Diablo 3 after last playing it in...June?

Are there any graphics enhancement techniques out there? At the time I started, someone had made something that made the colors and shit look much darker and richer, but I don't know what may be out there now.

any insight will be appreciated!

neoism

hai gais. I decided to reinstall Diablo 3 after last playing it in...June?

Are there any graphics enhancement techniques out there? At the time I started, someone had made something that made the colors and shit look much darker and richer, but I don't know what may be out there now.

any insight will be appreciated!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45692763&postcount=14990

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45691154&postcount=14989

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45691123&postcount=14988

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45693675&postcount=14992

http://darkd3.com/

Would you recommend buying this game? I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, but I keep hearing about bad things about part 3. It seems like the game at launch put a bad taste in people's mouths. Has Blizzard made the game a whole lot better since then? I also keep hearing how people just play this to 'bot'/

Opiate

Would you recommend buying this game? I was a huge Diablo 2 fan, but I keep hearing about bad things about part 3. It seems like the game at launch put a bad taste in people's mouths. Has Blizzard made the game a whole lot better since then? I also keep hearing how people just play this to 'bot'/

It's hard to ever say that something is as polished as Diablo 2 ultimately was, but Diablo 3 now feels like a worthy successor to me. Many of the problems some people found glaring have been remedied. I would instead say that 1) the game has made great strides, and 2) while not quite up to Diablo 2 in its latter days, it is clearly on the way there as it continues to improve.

It's hard to ever say that something is as polished as Diablo 2 ultimately was, but Diablo 3 now feels like a worthy successor to me. Many of the problems some people found glaring have been remedied. I would instead say that 1) the game has made great strides, and 2) while not quite up to Diablo 2 in its latter days, it is clearly on the way there as it continues to improve.
Yeah, people loved the game pre inferno at launch and really got sour during endgame. IMHO the endgame is somthing that has improved quite a bit too.

turnbuckle

Yup. Game is so much better than when it released. Expecting them to keep making improvements. I don't mind "beta testing" this game as it gets better since I'm having a very good time with it as is.

I bought the game recently and have enjoyed it a lot. I didn't play a lot of D2, but I really liked Torchlight. The botting means that finding a legendary won't necessarily get you a lot in the auction house, but it means you can get cheap gear in the AH since the economy is pretty cheap for mediocre gear. Top level gear is taking me a while to get to.

Anustart

Figured I'd ask this here. If anyone has a valid 20$ B.net balance card and wants to make quick 5$ I'll trade someone a 25$ games top gift card in exchange for the b.net card tonight!

Sothpaw

Yes I recommend buying the game. Massive improvements since launch and many more are on the way.

Officially quitting the game until Blizzard acknowledge that with every patch it runs like dog shit on more and more people's computers.

I was fine in 1.0.4, buttery smooth.

Now in 1.0.6 the entire game is just one big stuttering lagging awful unplayable mess. Tried everything to fix it, including loading the entire game on a ramdisk.

Has done absolutely nothing. Sick of it.

V_Arnold

Officially quitting the game until Blizzard acknowledge that with every patch it runs like dog shit on more and more people's computers.

I was fine in 1.0.4, buttery smooth.

Now in 1.0.6 the entire game is just one big stuttering lagging awful unplayable mess. Tried everything to fix it, including loading the entire game on a ramdisk.

Has done absolutely nothing. Sick of it.

Weird. With every patch, the game has been running better and quieter for me. (And I am using an old HDD, not even SSD or something like that).

Weird. With every patch, the game has been running better and quieter for me. (And I am using an old HDD, not even SSD or something like that).
Polar opposites here. Started with 1.0.5 where there'd be a good 30 minutes of stuttering upon logging in whilst the game loaded all the assets into memory whilst they all occurred for the first time. Then things ran smoothly. Now on 0.6 running Alkaizer is just a big fucking chore as it's stuttering the entire time without fail.

Can't be bothered. People have suggested that an ssd will fix the problem but unfortunately I'm not voiding a 4 year warranty on a laptop to spend more money for the slight possibility of a game running as well as it did only a matter of months ago.

It's such a joke that I can play a game like Dishonored at reasonably high settings with no problems at all, yet Diablo 3 just continues to drag across the floor like an old man's ball sack.

kch

Yeah I had that issue as well and copying the game over to my SSD fixed it. Can finally play HC without worriying about stuttering getting me killed.
Hope Blizzard can sort it ;/

RS4-

Performance wise, with the recent patch I only get stuttering for the first 5-10 seconds when I'm outside of town (or whenever the first enemies show up).

Not on SSD.

Rufus

Finally hit the first wall in HC Inferno. Act 3 got risky just before Ghom and now past him I had a few close calls.

I definitely need more DPS and AllRes, but I don't want to use the AH as I've done fine without so far... Guess I'll have to grind for a bit.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6160658368?page=2#36

So I wonder what 1.0.7 won't be anything too big considering they're about to talk about PVP which will be 1.1
Ever since someone in this thread talked earlier on about an idea for an infinite dungeon or sorts, I can't help but want that exact thing.

Imagine an infinite dungeon mode on HC, it'd be like the most high-budget roguelike of all time.

Of course, being such a good idea, Blizzard will probably never do it. I just want them to fix the way the game runs on my laptop and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom