• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

LONG time since I found a rare that would actually sell for something. Found this earlier.

i6Z3QDdnOZTN4.png

jkanownik

So my Zunimassa's Pox sold for 200mil. I have 250 mil to spend on upgrades and was wondering what my priority should be. Hoping to get a few upgrades rather than blow it all on one.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Pix-1326/hero/3133150

Hopefully my profile is updated showing my non Hellfire Ring item and my good amulet.

Any advice?

That amulet is terrible. If you're willing to wait you can get some steals in the auction house. I've repeatedly bought 200+ STR, 100+ VIT, 50%+ Crit, 35%+ MF amulets for 2MM or less. I assume DEX would be a similar story. My current amulet was around that price and it is 287 STR, 127 VIT, 12% life, 62% crit and 39% MF. Once you get away from combinations of crit dam/crit %/AS they slip through.

pix

That amulet is terrible. If you're willing to wait you can get some steals in the auction house. I've repeatedly bought 200+ STR, 100+ VIT, 50%+ Crit, 35%+ MF amulets for 2MM or less. I assume DEX would be a similar story. My current amulet was around that price and it is 287 STR, 127 VIT, 12% life, 62% crit and 39% MF. Once you get away from combinations of crit dam/crit %/AS they slip through.

I know its terrible I just use it for EXP for the extra MF in MP0. Like I said, my Hellfire Ring and Amulet aren't updated on the armory. I use different ones. Can you make comments on any other slots?

I know its terrible I just use it for EXP for the extra MF in MP0. Like I said, my Hellfire Ring and Amulet aren't updated on the armory. I use different ones. Can you make comments on any other slots?

Get a soc on that echoing fury. Maybe consider addiing CC or CD to your nats ring too. YOur gloves are bad as well. Drop the IAS on the gloves and get higher CC and CD. Get the 100% CD gems in your weapons.

Definity

Can you post how much you're going to sell them for? I might be interested if I can afford it.

There is a similar pair with an active bid of 23mil with 7 hours to go and I see others with a buyout of 40mil. I really don't know where to start with them to be honest. 25mil more in my gold reserves would for sure buy my nat ring that I want with crit chance on it.

How much you thinking? Hit me up in game later if you want.

jkanownik

As Fenderputty pointed out your weapons are a weak link. It would be nice if you could pick up some LoH with your rings/amulets. A socketed Echoing Fury is going to be expensive, so you may just want to forget that and target the weapon in your first slot. If you want to keep MF you can get a 1000+ DPS Sun Keeper w/ LS or LoH for fairly cheap. At your current DPS level you should be targeting LoH over LS. Also, why is the Echoing Fury in your off hand when it has the higher DPS? Is that a Monk specific thing?

turnbuckle

As Fenderputty pointed out your weapons are a weak link. It would be nice if you could pick up some LoH with your rings/amulets. A socketed Echoing Fury is going to be expensive, so you may just want to forget that and target the weapon in your first slot. If you want to keep MF you can get a 1000+ DPS Sun Keeper w/ LS or LoH for fairly cheap. At your current DPS level you should be targeting LoH over LS. Also, why is the Echoing Fury in your off hand when it has the higher DPS? Is that a Monk specific thing?

I don't know anything about monks, but for barbs we'd use the echoing fury in the offhand to reduce the proc for fear. The average damage on pix's 2 weapons aren't super far apart, so the trade-off of a little bit of damage for less fear procs might be worth it for him.

JoeMartin

Ospb9.png

qLTaZ.png

Alkaizer run, two legendaries, and surprisingly not both entirely awful. A very odd roll on the Manajuma's, not sure where to price it. Skorn roll wasn't awful either.

Anustart

I've decided that every night when I'm done playing I'm going to put 10 pieces of my gear on the ah for stupidly overpriced buyouts and see what happens. Best case scenario I start getting upgrades for free :3

Edit: Anyone know whats going on with the legacy horadric hamburgers? Some glitch has arisen from them and I don't know what exactly.

Goyira

Neo Member
Edit: Anyone know whats going on with the legacy horadric hamburgers? Some glitch has arisen from them and I don't know what exactly.

a rumor has started that legacy burgers can be used to dupe brimstones. so probably someone bought a load of them and is trying to cash in on them, or is trying to crash the brimstone price.

Definity

Right after I posted in here last night those bracers sold for 40 mil. Went ahead and purchased a nat ring with vit/resist/crit chance. Next up - buy a fury with some life steal/dex/socket. Going to take me awhile to build back up my gold.

JoeMartin

4HZsO.png

:smug:

What does a Skorn like that go for on the AH? I am looking to boost my WD's damage but I don't really know what to buy.

Well I'm trying to get ~20m for that particular Skorn. DPS isn't awful, very nice LOH roll, good CHD roll, good int roll.

I have a 1350 dps Skorn I'd be willing to give you (there's nothing particularly amazing about it - 170% CHD roll, but that's about it, but hey). I'm mostly knocking out Alkaiser runs right now, which only really function with a Thing of the Deep, so there's that.

Feel free to add me.

larvi

Game trolling me this morning, 2 dark mage's shades and some frostburns. I did find this last nite though:

hh.png

Looks like it would be pretty good for a tanking templar. Give him that along with a 34% block stormshield, a doombringer and a justice lantern and he will have 67% chance to block.

M.D

I guess this is a lame roll? don't know that any monk is looking for physical res, but I guess someone could want that for the reduced level requirement?

MPD3f.jpg

tjohn86

4HZsO.png

:smug:

Well I'm trying to get ~20m for that particular Skorn. DPS isn't awful, very nice LOH roll, good CHD roll, good int roll.

I have a 1350 dps Skorn I'd be willing to give you (there's nothing particularly amazing about it - 170% CHD roll, but that's about it, but hey). I'm mostly knocking out Alkaiser runs right now, which only really function with a Thing of the Deep, so there's that.

Feel free to add me.

Cool will do. What did the Manajumas Carving knife you are using cost you? I am also loving the thing of the deep for alkalizer runs.

windz

I am sure some monk leveling up with an XP gem in their helm would love to have that Inna's. Should check for other reduced lvl req. innas helms on the AH. No idea what that'd be worth.

JoeMartin

Cool will do. What did the Manajumas Carving knife you are using cost you? I am also loving the thing of the deep for alkalizer runs.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRiXUd!YTW!baZZac

Is the build you should be using for XP farm. Primary is interchangeable for whatever you're comfortable with. Some people prefer spined dart, but I find there's too many situations where rain of toads is useful. The idea behind this build is that you're stacking as much pickup radius as possible without gimping gear (thing of the deep being the crux of the gear), giving you nearly limitless mana, crazy consistent buffed DPS and very fast movespeed (blowing jaunt + stalker together for runspeed between packs -> acid rain packs, instantly resetting cooldowns due to grave injustice -> rinse repeat). Jinx is very useful for quickly clearing rares, especially elite rares; angry chicken is a good if not more applicable alternative.

I caught that Manajuma's for 3m. Not awful, I spose. Still holding all my gold for a perfect socketed Manajuma's tho.

tjohn86

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#WRiXUd!YTW!baZZac

Is the build you should be using for XP farm. Primary is interchangeable for whatever you're comfortable with. Some people prefer spined dart, but I find there's too many situations where rain of toads is useful. The idea behind this build is that you're stacking as much pickup radius as possible without gimping gear (thing of the deep being the crux of the gear), giving you nearly limitless mana, crazy consistent buffed DPS and very fast movespeed (blowing jaunt + stalker together for runspeed between packs -> acid rain packs, instantly resetting cooldowns due to grave injustice -> rinse repeat). Jinx is very useful for quickly clearing rares, especially elite rares; angry chicken is a good if not more applicable alternative.

I caught that Manajuma's for 3m. Not awful, I spose. Still holding all my gold for a perfect socketed Manajuma's tho.

Thanks I'll try out that build. After 200 hours of barb the WD is pretty refreshing!

zulux21

If I picked up a retail box copy of diablo 3 for a friend I could just email them the CD key and they could get the game off battle.net that way correct?

I feel like the game is officially dead(economy at least) at this point.

Unless you get a set item or legendary that is nearly perfect stuff isn't just selling on the auction house now. A weapon that was massively underpriced two weeks ago, a sword I got for my Witch Doctor now will not sell at all. A chest piece with similar stats to a high-end Immortal King's won't sell for six million.

I've barely sold anything in the last two weeks with massively undercutting similar items.

It's now officially at the point where it's "jack pot" or "no pot".

VALKYRAY

Banned
one trick is just list items with the defealt starting price and no buy out price, wait and see your luck.
salvage or vendor the unsold ones asap.

one trick is just list items with the defealt starting price and no buy out price, wait and see your luck.
salvage or vendor the unsold ones asap.

I very much know how to price and what normally sells but I think you're right... it might be time to 'just let it go' and get what I can get.

Just re-listed all my 'good' stuff with default reserve.

V_Arnold

Blizzard's favorite one said:
Jay, will there be any updates on future patches/features before Christmas? I come after work everyday hoping for a new blog –Piggilol
We are not likely to post a PVP update until the end of the month. Note: that is not a promise. That’s all I’ll say about that. –JayWilson

As much as I love Diablo III, I think that PVP is NOT WORKING with it.

At its current state, I cant imagine how they even envisioned it in the first place.
Not that I mind, because honestly, I would take more Uber-like events instead of a PVP IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE!

...but they were struggling with PVP for quite some time now. It would have been better to just not have it, end of story. Bah.

M.D

I don't know, I like the game, but yeah.. its starting to get a little boring. I actually had one week where I didn't play much and thought I was going to quit for some time, but I got sucked back in again.

I'm not really looking forward to PVP, if it's great then I'll play it, I just was more things to do. The uber runs were great for like a month because it added something new to the game, but they got really boring after that. I'm not even looking for keys anymore because the time I put into that I can put into farming exp and items.

I kinda set me a goal to gain paragon levels fast, but now I'm reaching 50 and I'm tried of it. How many times can you do that Act 3 run? It's funny because I now have way more gold than I ever had, but I'm not really looking to upgrade anything. I'm just playing MP1 for the exp, I haven't done an uber run in a while.

I kinda set me a goal to gain paragon levels fast, but now I'm reaching 50 and I'm tried of it. How many times can you do that Act 3 run? It's funny because I now have way more gold than I ever had, but I'm not really looking to upgrade anything. I'm just playing MP1 for the exp, I haven't done an uber run in a while.

The best part about the game is that it'll always be there when you want to play it. I struggled for YEARS feeling like I HAD to play certain games because friends were and stuff... it literally took me ten years to figure out that I should just play what I want and when and not feel obligated to do so.

So just leave Diablo 3 for a bit and play when you actually want to, it's not going anywhere and lots of badass games have come out this year.

koji

iqOca.png

Apparently dead characters count as well. How convenient.

Just another lvl60 Wizard now...

Congrats!

MD and Impeccable, might want to try out HC. Economy is pretty different, stuff to do in the end game are still the same though (obvious)

I don't play that much anymore myself but D3 is a great game to just turn on, play an hour and turn off.

So I came back after a few months off and got a Mempo legendary that was...GASP...and upgrade.

I was surprised. Then I went against all that is holy and spent $20 at RMAH and got my wiz up to 102k dps from 55k. I'll run this config for awhile and see what happens.

Unless you get a set item or legendary that is nearly perfect stuff isn't just selling on the auction house now. A weapon that was massively underpriced two weeks ago, a sword I got for my Witch Doctor now will not sell at all. A chest piece with similar stats to a high-end Immortal King's won't sell for six million.

I've barely sold anything in the last two weeks with massively undercutting similar items.

I think a part of this is because Paragon isn't account wide. If it was, it would encourage people to play their ALTS, or make more than 1 ALT.

People are still playing and buying gold. It just feels like most of them are playing with their mains to get to P100. Everyone's main at this point is a "Jack Pot" or "No Pot" character where individual slots cost a ton to upgrade.

larvi

I think a part of this is because Paragon isn't account wide. If it was, it would encourage people to play their ALTS, or make more than 1 ALT.

People are still playing and buying gold. It just feels like most of them are playing with their mains to get to P100. Everyone's main at this point is a "Jack Pot" or "No Pot" character where individual slots cost a ton to upgrade.

Yeah, this is kind of where I'm at now. But the upside of this is that I've been equipping my alts with the gear I find on my main so they are actually pretty well equipped now without having to spend hardly anything in the AH.

Talaysen

I actually randomly played my demon hunter last night for fun. I spend about 400k to bring her DPS from ~20k pre-Sharpshooter to ~42k pre-Sharpshooter (~72k post-Sharpshooter).

While the paragon thing does make it more profitable to play main characters, the MP system and the higher drop quality makes it somewhat easier to play alts now. Before, my demon hunter wouldn't have been able to handle Inferno very well, but now I feel like she does fine.

They still need to find a way to make it profitable to play other characters though. I would love to be able to play my other characters for fun AND profit.

tjohn86

I feel like this is true as well. I don't really know how blizzard will address it though.

I don't even really get excited when a legendary drops anymore.

tjohn86

I actually randomly played my demon hunter last night for fun. I spend about 400k to bring her DPS from ~20k pre-Sharpshooter to ~42k pre-Sharpshooter (~72k post-Sharpshooter).

While the paragon thing does make it more profitable to play main characters, the MP system and the higher drop quality makes it somewhat easier to play alts now. Before, my demon hunter wouldn't have been able to handle Inferno very well, but now I feel like she does fine.

They still need to find a way to make it profitable to play other characters though. I would love to be able to play my other characters for fun AND profit.

I'd like plvl to be account wide with either more levels or slower gains. I'd love to try a monk but starting over feels so lame. Especially with only act3 to farm.

turnbuckle

mistakesweremade.JPG

Don't AH when tired. I paid 9.8 million for that last night.

It was a really decent upgrade (I bought it for an offhand), but I think I've got some buyer's remorse.

Whatcha think?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kennah-1358/hero/19646036

Edit: I guess it will let me drop Blood Thirst. And I have a much better belt I can equip that I keep in the AH for 100 million when not playing. Just in case.

Incredible upgrade ;)
I'm leveling up a new dh right now but I'm free to do Ubers usually when I'm on. I wish there was more content but I'm having fun with what's there. Pvp does nothing for me, but I'm hoping it brings some other content along with it.

I actually randomly played my demon hunter last night for fun. I spend about 400k to bring her DPS from ~20k pre-Sharpshooter to ~42k pre-Sharpshooter (~72k post-Sharpshooter).While the paragon thing does make it more profitable to play main characters, the MP system and the higher drop quality makes it somewhat easier to play alts now. Before, my demon hunter wouldn't have been able to handle Inferno very well, but now I feel like she does fine.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You spent money on an alt and it was on mid tier to lower tier items. If plvl was account wide, you might even level a couple more alts to mess around with and buy more lower level stuff. I think, for at least a little while, this would help get the economy going on more than just elite gear.

Rufus

Pretty much. I actually found a bunch of good (but not godly) gear for my Monk and WD, but I haven't touched my Monk shortly after I finally pushed him from 59 to 60 a short while ago. I just dress 'em up now.

We all seem to suspect PvP is going to suck, but at least it's going to revitalize the economy somewhat. Or not, whoever the fuck knows.

Pretty much. I actually found a bunch of good (but not godly) gear for my Monk and WD, but I haven't touched my Monk shortly after I finally pushed him from 59 to 60 a short while ago. I just dress 'em up now.

We all seem to suspect PvP is going to suck, but at least it's going to revitalize the economy somewhat. Or not, whoever the fuck knows.

I think some people will come back to give PvP a try. I'm curious myself. I'm not expecting much so I hope it send up being a nice occasional distraction from PvE at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom