• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnbuckle

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You spent money on an alt and it was on mid tier to lower tier items. If plvl was account wide, you might even level a couple more alts to mess around with and buy more lower level stuff. I think, for at least a little while, this would help get the economy going on more than just elite gear.

If paragon was shared 1:1 with every character, it could potentially limit people's motivation to play alts other than farming efficiency, builds of the week, or filling a role in a group. I like the small level of progression paragon provides, but agree completely that it's a deterrent to play alts under the current system once you've invested a lot of time with a single character.

I would like some portion of paragon to be shared, but not all of it. I think I'd prefer something like having the mf/gf of paragon be shared across your account, but each character you have also having the capability of getting their own paragon 100. You'd need to increase the mf/gf cap by some amount to make this really an enticing endeavor. I'd say fuck it, go all out. Share 100% of every character's paragon MF/GF with every other character on that account. With a maximum of 10 characters and 300 MF/GF cap per person, a player who has achieved paragon 100 with 10 characters would have 3000 MF/GF.

Ok, that may be too much. Perhaps set the MF/GF cap to 1,000. This would give some value back to MF/GF items, give another layer of progression when playing alts (hey, the end game IS farming for loot, so grinding to reach the new cap can be fun), and it'd make me happy - which is the most important :p

tjohn86

I wish they would just create a high level farming dungeon. High enemy density, random maps, lots of levels.

Just seems like it wouldnt be that hard.

Rufus

Welp

jbp92DWxupPM7Z.jpg

dog$

Hates quality gaming
That was a drop? Pretty good, and a lot of players will want it. That should be around 40/50M, or at least that's what it was when I bought mine a few weeks ago.
I wish they would just create a high level farming dungeon. High enemy density, random maps, lots of levels.

act3 says hi
A3's Keeps has the most roguelike feel of the game, but the level randomization is incredibly narrow and there are still only a few specific rooms which spawn more than a handful of enemies.

Here's what to do for an Endless Dungeon -

- Implement a tileset to allow true random map generation along the lines of Nethack, &c.
- Allow all enemies from all acts to spawn throughout.
- Have one elite pack in each floor be the "guardian" which defends the doorway to the next level down and must be defeated to proceed.
- Monster Power increases by one each level down, and increases an additional 20% off of MP10 figures past Level 10.
- Exiting the dungeon by Town Portal or death resets everything and restarts entry at Level 0 (for multiplayer, reset occurs with entire party wipe and fallen players can only be brought back by resurrection from other players).

Keep a record of furthest level reached, highest amount of elite kills and total kills obtained in a single run.

Tada - D3 is now closer to an actual roguelike.

tjohn86

A3's Keeps has the most roguelike feel of the game, but the level randomization is incredibly narrow and there are still only a few specific rooms which spawn more than a handful of enemies.

- Implement a tileset to allow true random map generation along the lines of Nethack, &c.
- Have one elite pack in each floor be the "guardian" which defends the doorway to the next level down and must be defeated to proceed.
- Monster Power increases by one each level down, and increases an additional 20% off of MP10 figures past Level 10.
- Exiting the dungeon by Town Portal or death resets everything and restarts entry at Level 0 (for multiplayer, reset occurs with entire party wipe and fallen players can only be brought back by resurrection from other players).

Keep a record of furthest level reached, highest amount of elite kills and total kills obtained in a single run.

Yeah thats what I'm talking about. Act3 doesn't satisfy in terms on random environments and enemy variety / density.

windz

Dog$ - I would play the shit out of that. I approve of this idea, or something similar. Something like this would be pretty entertaining to get a full group and see how far you can go.

Take a shot for every time you die, or the whole group wipes and has to start over :).

turnbuckle

I'd love this, maybe some weekly and monthly set of challenges designed around an endless dungeon. Should be challenging enough that only a small fraction of the hard core could complete the challenge during the first week, yet random and rewarding enough to make them want to repeat it and encourage others to gear up for it as well.

Some other fantasies of mine include:

Gameplay Fantasies
  • Making every legendary accessible at any point in the game, affixes and level requirement based on level of the enemy that dropped it.
  • Adding new enemies to the game with the new enemy cap set to 65
  • Buff bosses, give them 3-4 unique drops (gear, plans, designs) with the chance to drop based on some formula combining MF and nephalem stacks
  • Do the same for mid bosses, but limit to 1-2 available unique drops
  • Have more quest rewards provide a bonus like the jar of souls (lots of items)
  • Allow players to move from one act to the next without losing valor
  • Give a bonus stack of nephalem for fully completing an act and have it carry to the next

Crafting fantasies - I want the ability to do the following with crafting:
  • Blacksmith hammer/anvil - salvage and repair items on the go
  • Socket - add 1 socket to any item
  • Tool Box - A 2nd tab in your inventory that only holds gems, tomes, plans, BS mats
  • The ability to remove gems on the go
  • Dozens of new plans and designs in general

The ability to make:
  • Rings, Amulets, and Trinkets
  • 3-4 property normal belt that can have 3% life steal
  • 3-4 property mighty belt that can have 6% life steal
  • 2-handed shield that doubles as a weapon
  • Shield with incredible thorn damage based on a % of stat sheet damage
  • Boots with unique skill affixes (i.e. increase sprint's speed or duration, reduce cooldown of leap, reduce discipline of vault, increase speed of tempest rush
  • Shoulder that has an echoing fury / chantodo's increase attacks per second affix
  • quiver that can also give increase in attacks per second
  • Shield that also give an increase in attacks per second
  • Rings and amulets that increase MF/GF by 100, all of which can go above cap

etc. etc. etc.

I really want there to be some extra incentive for completing entire acts. Rinsing and repeating the same most efficient run will still be the way to go if drops & exp / minute are the most important thing, but a little cookie for clearing acts would be a nice change of pace.

I really want the game to become hard again for those that desire it. Not the meat shield "challenge" of mp10, but the kind of "oh shit, that zombie is getting close to my demon hunter / Fuck, I might want to throw a shield on my barb" type of scenario old inferno used to be. Some of the things I fantasized about above would be too overpowered with the current game, but would be fun to mess around with should the game become mildly challenging again.

This game is most fun when you feel powerful but threatened, and when you'll feel rewarded for facing higher levels of difficulty. Doing anything but act 3 now is basically just doing it for the sake of diversity.

If monster power didn't scale monster HP so much I'd really dig that idea. Perhaps lower the HP gains and increase the damage dealt from monster power.

I would adore this game, and spend more time playing it than thinking about how it could be better :p

Anustart

That was a drop? Pretty good, and a lot of players will want it. That should be around 40/50M, or at least that's what it was when I bought mine a few weeks ago.

Throw in a 5% MF boost per floor you go down and I'm in!

RS4-

Must've done close to ten mp3 runs the past few days, got nothing worth selling, no legendary stuff either.

I could do mp5-6 but it just gets so boring; at least on 3 I can just throw in some 25%MS just to get things over with.

At this rate I might just ask a friend to help me power level my level 31 Barb and do MP10 Hell/Inferno stuff so I can see if I can get a better setup at 60 compared to my monk.

kennah

Must've done close to ten mp3 runs the past few days, got nothing worth selling, no legendary stuff either.

I could do mp5-6 but it just gets so boring; at least on 3 I can just throw in some 25%MS just to get things over with.

At this rate I might just ask a friend to help me power level my level 31 Barb and do MP10 Hell/Inferno stuff so I can see if I can get a better setup at 60 compared to my monk.

Wouldn't take long. If you want I've got a little bit of reduced level Barb stuff you could have.

koji

About the broken economy, I think a part of the problem is also the amount of people actively playing the game, the people still playing now are pretty decked out so the only upgrades for them are very rare super good rolls. Think that is one of the issues that nothing is selling besides supercrazy rolls.

Rufus

Saturation was going to set in no matter what. The higher drop rates and other changes just sped the process up. I don't know what they could do besides a ladder reset. Other than releasing several expansions, of course.

I haven't looked at the hardcore AH much, but I assume the situation is healthier there. Though it's probably counterbalanced by a much lower number of people playing hardcore.

It's not saturation really either in my opinion.

Why get great gear when you can literally buy trash, farm MP0 and do just as good as someone with overpowered stuff? There's no incentive to go beyond MP0 at the moment outside of keys, and even then you can get someone to carry you on MP10 for using your machines.

koji

Saturation was going to set in no matter what. The higher drop rates and other changes just sped the process up. I don't know what they could do besides a ladder reset. Other than releasing several expansions, of course.

I haven't looked at the hardcore AH much, but I assume the situation is healthier there. Though it's probably counterbalanced by a much lower number of people playing hardcore.

It's a bit better in hardcore mode but there's a different problem there, not a lot of people play so there isn't a large number of "good" gear available and the gear that is available is pretty expensive. Low supply, low demand + a lot of items leaving the system on deaths.

I'd say the economy is better compared to SC but the lack of active players really hurts there, most of the time I'm only able to sell stuff during the weekends, it doesn't have to be trifecta this or crazy roll that to sell though...

Took these a couple weeks ago so you can see what I mean...

Rufus

It's fun. I'm on act 3 nightmare now. The loot works well when you're constantly finding better stuff. I'm curious to see what it's going to be like in inferno and how long it will take me to get decent gear. I expect it to be a lot smoother now, but who knows, maybe I'll have to grind for a decent weapon.

Biggest plus: you're not falling asleep during combat.

koji

Took me a while farming a1 inferno to gear up for the further acts, a1 mp0 with no extra MF is some pretty shitty loot :lol (till I found a stone of jordan which I was able to sell for 3.8mil and bought a 33% blockchance Stormshield with that)

But it's certainly doable, I'm in a3 atm but decided to farm a2 VoA a while longer cause I take some serious spike damage at times in a3. (need more AR and HP)

Also started a HC WD and leveling that atm, WD might be a bit less gear dependent than barb, I dunno, I also just love the class.

What annoys me while leveling are idiots putting up lvl 25rares at insance prices. I usually put my old leveling gear back on sale for cheap. (lvl 15 gear - 5K buyout, lvl 25 gear around 10K etc)

Hardcore mode sure gave the game a fresh set of legs for me.

Anustart

Well my plan worked. I've been putting my gear that I use up on the ah for ridiculous buyout prices when I go to bed every night just to see if i can score free upgrades. Sold my weapon last night for 75 million, I bought it for 30! Woot woot.

Edit: Now I see the flaw in this plan lol. I cannot find another comparable weapon to buy :(

kennah

Well my plan worked. I've been putting my gear that I use up on the ah for ridiculous buyout prices when I go to bed every night just to see if i can score free upgrades. Sold my weapon last night for 75 million, I bought it for 30! Woot woot.

Edit: Now I see the flaw in this plan lol. I cannot find another comparable weapon to buy :(

I laughed.

Was running late this morning so couldn't put a bunch of stuff up for bid before coming into work :(

larvi

Found an upgrade for my dh last nite, funny thing was I was chatting with somone earleir telling them I really needed to save up for a decent nat's ring and viola this dropped about 2 hours later:

natref.png

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
It's fun. I'm on act 3 nightmare now. The loot works well when you're constantly finding better stuff. I'm curious to see what it's going to be like in inferno and how long it will take me to get decent gear. I expect it to be a lot smoother now, but who knows, maybe I'll have to grind for a decent weapon.

Biggest plus: you're not falling asleep during combat.

I have to wonder: does that ever work on the EU AH? From what I've seen people on the EU servers seem much more auction-savvy. There's no selling a crappy amulet for 250€ (or even a decent amount of gold) here, which saddens me as high-end items are really expensive :(.

So I dinged 60 on my Barbarian (finally!) late last night/early this morning. Only the second character to 60 after my DH, so it'll be fun to test him in Inferno once I can get him kitted out. He's only about 2/3s of the way of Act 3 Hell at the moment.

It helped a lot snagging a Sledge of Athskeleng with reduced level requirements (to 51) and 1100 DPS for only 200k. The bonus movement speed is just great on top of fast boots and Sprint. It has otherwise catch-all stats (no str, dex, int) so I can use it to finish up my Wizard as well who is at the start of Act 2 Hell.

While the rest of my gear on the Barb is fairly average, the weapon is ridiculous for Hell, so he's been on MP3 the whole time going through. Adds a slight challenge to an otherwise snooze-worthy endeavor.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I may start playing again on HC. I'm intrigued at the less broken economy and all the changes since like, well, about 2 months after release when I stopped playing.

I think I may start playing again on HC. I'm intrigued at the less broken economy and all the changes since like, well, about 2 months after release when I stopped playing.

See, I could never realistically play hardcore. One, I'm a bit too reckless (could tone it down, but still), and Two - the connection is just too unstable. Even with a fast connection, it's still very unreliable, and you'd need to stop playing at the first sign of lag or risk death.

The game has definitely improved since its launch state, but it still has quite a ways to go before being something you could realistically devote most of your gaming time to, like Dota 2 or WoW. PvP should have been here by now (according to developer comments pre-launch/launch), it's obviously not making it in until 2013. That will alleviate a good deal, though the game still needs more depth that will probably not be answered until an expansion rolls out. More (interesting) affixes on items for one, ideally some that directly interact with abilities/builds so that you're not pigeonholed into all-resist, crit, crit damage, main-stat, vit, and anything else as a bonus being the only worthwhile gear. The other thing that really needs expansion (which I've been arguing for since beta when they made the change to simplify) is a more expansive, in depth progression for runes. As is, they're pretty bland. The ability to level them up (in some manner), even if only by tiny increments, would go a long way towards truly personalized builds with some degree of permanence. You had this with the multi-level runes-as-items system before.

Rufus

I have low latency most of the time, around 34ms but it's fine even at 120ms. Not much rubberbanding either, though it does happen and it is scary. I'm on EU though.

I dread the DC, but that's only happened a handful of times to me, so... Knock on wood.

KePoW

Banned
Hey everyone, I have not played D3 since 1.03. I installed 1.04 to check out the Paragon level stuff, but didn't really play much (got to like level 2 paragon before quitting again).

Now I want to get back into 1.05 but it's hard to catch up on all the stuff that's changed since I last played regularly. Can someone take a look at my preferred Monk character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kepow88-1465/hero/4971641

And advise me on a few things:

1.) Is my Skill build completely outdated? I prefer a tank-type monk with decent damage.
2.) Is my gear totally obsolete now, or can I start some decent solo farming in Inferno? I used to do Act 2 Vault of Assassin.
3.) I don't know anything about ideal Monster Power settings or farming areas. With my gear, what MP & where would you guys recommend?
4.) I vaguely read about the Keys to farm for some Legendary ring. Is this worth doing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

koji

Is the connection still unstable to the point of oh shit HC deaths??

I have had one dc on my P9 barb so far. (was alt tabbed parked in town when it happened) If you have a stable connection you should be fine, HC servers are pretty stable. Just use common sense in a lot of cases though, couple weeks ago there were some problems with lagspikes and stuff for about 2 days, don't play HC if shit like that is going on. There are usually "warnings" about it on reddit :) (the regular diablo reddit, not the less popular D3 subreddit)

Also if you alt-tab, port back to town before you do that.

Always try logging out in town when you quit playing.

Watch out when playing public games in act 1, you can get griefed there, it's possible to pull mobs in town and have them kill your toon. Not sure that it's widespread, don't think so, but just don't go AFK in town in act 1 in a public game.

Another thing; if you DC, you don't stay 10seconds in game, but you stay up to 30 seconds in game, atleast that's what I read.

If you guys haven't read this you should, I had no idea how far it went.

http://www.reddit.com/r/diablo3/comments/14ron6/blizzard_banning_demonbuddy_bots/

"Accounts cost around $5,500 and the return was around $45,000 for those curious. They lasted ~30days."

Dude had 106 bots/accounts banned... The bot impact on the SC economy has to be a lot bigger than I first thought it was...

(Hope this isn't against GAF rules or anything)

Rufus

Sold for 88.6m, starting bid was 20m.

I'm back at 200m now. Hm. What to buy, what to buy...

RivalCore

1.) Is my Skill build completely outdated? I prefer a tank-type monk with decent damage.
2.) Is my gear totally obsolete now, or can I start some decent solo farming in Inferno? I used to do Act 2 Vault of Assassin.
3.) I don't know anything about ideal Monster Power settings or farming areas. With my gear, what MP & where would you guys recommend?
4.) I vaguely read about the Keys to farm for some Legendary ring. Is this worth doing?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Pretty much all your skills and gear are redundant for 1.05 because there is absolutely no need to play that defensively until around MP8-10. You should be more than capable of farming MP0 -1 but with your DPS, it's going to slow and tedious.

However, since the arse fell out of the economy you can pick up some fantastic gear for cheap on the AH. Basically you're looking to up your DPS by 5 or 6 times it's current amount, which shouldn't be that difficult depending on how much gold you have. If you have a budget, I'm sure myself or someone else could give you some gear advice on the AH.

A3 is the best place to farm on MP0-1 due to higher mob density. However MP1 means all mobs in all Acts drop the same level gear, so you can mix up the runs if you get bored.

Hellfire ring is okay. But it's only worth going for once you can farm MP5 and higher due to the drop rate.

EDIT:

Also if you're on EU, I can give you a bunch of decent Monk gear for free.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Took my non-HC WD to 52 last night. I think I might try HC after I get my WD through Inferno and some end-game stuff just to get a feel for it. I can't imagine getting one-shot on an uber ha.

KePoW

Banned
Pretty much all your skills and gear are redundant for 1.05 because there is absolutely no need to play that defensively until around MP8-10. You should be more than capable of farming MP0 -1 but with your DPS, it's going to slow and tedious.

However, since the arse fell out of the economy you can pick up some fantastic gear for cheap on the AH. Basically you're looking to up your DPS by 5 or 6 times it's current amount, which shouldn't be that difficult depending on how much gold you have. If you have a budget, I'm sure myself or someone else could give you some gear advice on the AH.

A3 is the best place to farm on MP0-1 due to higher mob density. However MP1 means all mobs in all Acts drop the same level gear, so you can mix up the runs if you get bored.

Hellfire ring is okay. But it's only worth going for once you can farm MP5 and higher due to the drop rate.

EDIT:

Also if you're on EU, I can give you a bunch of decent Monk gear for free.

Thanks a bunch for the specific info!

I have 15m gold, if you have any tips for what to buy. Unfortunately I'm on US server, thanks for the offer though!

Talaysen

Got my first attack speed + crit damage + crit roll yesterday. Even rolled my main stat on top of that (but nothing else). Ended up being an upgrade in damage, but I lose some crit chance while gaining some attack speed. Going to use it for now I guess.

Also messed around with barb for a bit. I can just hold down right click to spin and not die. It's so great.

RivalCore

Thanks a bunch for the specific info!

I have 15m gold, if you have any tips for what to buy. Unfortunately I'm on US server, thanks for the offer though!

Okay first your weapons.

Go dual wield for DPS reasons. You're looking for good DPS, dex, socket, Crit Dmg and high LoH (Lifesteal is only useful around 100k DPS). The Shen Long set is pretty good and can get you to MP5.

For chest, get a 3 Socket, high Vit, high Dex and your resist. Pants should be Inna's Temperance. They will probably cost the most, but are worth it.

Boots should have Move Speed, high Dex, dual resist and vit. Firewalkers are pretty decent option if you're a fire resist monk. Get bracers with critical chance and the usual core stats.

Get gloves with a high critical chance, high dex, resists and if you can afford it some critical damage. For your shoulders, try to get some +life and high vit for your HP. Same with the belt, go for high defensive stats like vit, resists and +life.

Inna's Radiance's are pretty cheap these days, so get one with 6% crit chance and high dex. Pair the helm with the Inna's pants and you get a 130 dex bonus. Completely worth it.

Finally jewellery, both rings should have 40+ average damage (search for it on the AH), dex, crit chance and whatever else you get afford. Unity is a really good ring and can be found for less than 3 million. Amulet should be dex, high crit chance and high crit damage.

15 million should get you some really good gear and probably get you to MP6 and maybe MP7 if you get some good deals. Check in on the thread if you want more purchasing advice.

Also don't forget to invest in some decent gems, at least perfect star ones if you have cash left over.

KePoW

Banned
Okay first your weapons.

Go dual wield for DPS reasons. You're looking for good DPS, dex, socket, Crit Dmg and high LoH (Lifesteal is only useful around 100k DPS). The Shen Long set is pretty good and can get you to MP5.

For chest, get a 3 Socket, high Vit, high Dex and your resist. Pants should be Inna's Temperance. They will probably cost the most, but are worth it.

Boots should have Move Speed, high Dex, dual resist and vit. Firewalkers are pretty decent option if you're a fire resist monk. Get bracers with critical chance and the usual core stats.

Get gloves with a high critical chance, high dex, resists and if you can afford it some critical damage. For your shoulders, try to get some +life and high vit for your HP. Same with the belt, go for high defensive stats like vit, resists and +life.

Inna's Radiance's are pretty cheap these days, so get one with 6% crit chance and high dex. Pair the helm with the Inna's pants and you get a 130 dex bonus. Completely worth it.

Finally jewellery, both rings should have 40+ average damage (search for it on the AH), dex, crit chance and whatever else you get afford. Unity is a really good ring and can be found for less than 3 million. Amulet should be dex, high crit chance and high crit damage.

15 million should get you some really good gear and probably get you to MP6 and maybe MP7 if you get some good deals. Check in on the thread if you want more purchasing advice.

Also don't forget to invest in some decent gems, at least perfect star ones if you have cash left over.

Wow awesome, thanks a bunch for all the help!

Saerk

Ok I just started playing again, and I've already upped my dps to 48k from 25k. I see all this talk about MP levels. How do you change it? Also if anyone doesn't mind carrying a gaffer I would like to do some key runs to get the ring.

acct: Saerk#1563

Rufus

You have to turn it on in the options, same as elective mode. Then you pick the MP on the quest select screen. It'll show what MP you have in the top right, above the mini map. "Inferno (1)", for instance.

Made a terrible Hellfire Ring today, had like 170 strength and one of the spots was wasted on Int and Lightning Resist. Total garbage. Got another fragment of destiny, thats two in a row split apart by about two weeks of nothing in between.

I'm done. I'll be back when theres more content. Sitting around waiting for better loot even though you've seen the entire game is a fools errand.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Anyone playing HC at low levels right now? I'm level 9 and decided I'd rather play with that edge for now. I'll be looking for folks to run content with while I level and hunt!

Talaysen

Finally got another spine after it not dropping four times in a row on MP7+.

Of course the ring roll sucked anyway.

I can make a couple infernal machines. What is the most efficient way to go about getting rings?

Do all three infernal machine fights in one game. Group with three other people (you'll still only need three machines between the four of you, so if you all have three machines, you get four chances at the drops). Do it on the highest MP level you can handle (groups generally let you do higher levels too).

Belgorim

I have started playing a bit again on EU and havent realy tried the infernal machine event yet, what MP level do I need to be able to handle to even think about doing it?

And since I'm an achievement-whore I have been trying to finish up some of the achievements, does anyone know how I can buy a spirit stone from a vendor? I tried searching the net, but most "guides" say I have to buy it from vendel the armorsmith in the watch tower level 2, so I got him to spawn 3 times now, but he has not sold any item whatsoever on any of the occasions, the only thing he does is repair stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom