• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

Ugh. Used a gamestop giftcard I received to grab an b.net balance card, grabbed 60 million in gold, only to be greeted by processing. This better not take 3 days like usual....

kennah

That's a really long post telling us nothing we didn't already know.

Well, I guess we didn't know that dueling would be added to 1.0.7.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
most of our testers didn't feel like it was something they'd want to do beyond a few hours

I could see from their point of view on why they would shelf it....but damn they should of at least teased something

Well that's pretty embarrassing. What the fuck have they exactly been doing over there anyway?

I mean, I can see just straight Deathmatch not being ideal, but they should have at least shipped it anyway and expanded later with better objective game modes. It's not like they can hurt their image much more at this point.

It's worse than that. lol

We want to be able to carry over as many of the crazy runes, items, and skills as possible, with their crazy effects, and alter them as little as possible. In a casual PvP mode, something equivalent to a WoW Battleground, this would be fine, but Team Deathmatch felt very hardcore, and it put a laser focus on class balance in a way that we didn’t think would be good for the game as a whole.

Basically ... we will let you duel but deathmatch really shows how unbalanced classes and builds are. Also our testers got bored. So what are we going to do ... scrap it.

EDIT:

I'll wait for a dueling update, but I think 1.0.7 looks pretty bland. I wonder if they'll address any monk issues they've been meaning to do. Here's to hoping.

I honestly don't care about PvP and would prefer if they just keep hammering away at making the game better. PvP should be an after though in my opinion.

Rufus

My HC barb just ate it. Act 4 Inferno, so close to the end. Her killer? The keywarden and his stupid DOT attack.

Sigh.

I want bagpipes and a fat granite slab with her name on it.

Belgorim

I honestly don't care about PvP and would prefer if they just keep hammering away at making the game better. PvP should be an after though in my opinion.

Same here, never understood the draw for PvP. I want multitude of challenge-options for the regular game, like different hardcore ladders for MP10 challenges or other stuff like ironman modes etc.

My HC barb just ate it. Act 4 Inferno, so close to the end. Her killer? The keywarden and his stupid DOT attack.

Sigh.

That keywarden is easily the hardest mob in the game. Killed me so many times when I was trying to farm that recipe on softcore. I'm not sure when I will feel confortable to go past it in HC, will probably farm for a long time before that.

Rufus

I planned to just move past it, but the fucker de-buffs you, jails, fears and has an insane DOT. The perfect HC assassin.

Oh well. I'm less broken up about it than I thought I would be. I started over. Gonna see how far I make it this time before I run out of steam.

Dahbomb

PvP Update

There ya go boys.
tumblr_lgkckh1yV31qa30dn.gif

turnbuckle

So I lost over 400m gold worth of gear yesterday. Dropped all my gear which included a very good manticore and legacy nats + a vile ward and dead man's legacy I spent a ton of gold on a few weeks ago. Had radiant ruby in helm and 5 radiant emeralds in my gear lost.

I dropped it all on the ground while going for the naked boss achievement when fighting belial. He killed me and when I came back everything was gone. Called support, submitted a ticket, they said there's nothing they can do. The nats hurts the most since it took me awhile to find acceptable prices on pieces that weren't the best, but we're well above average for legacy nats.

Feels real bad man.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Sigh.

I'm afraid of running into the key wardens on my HC WD. Those fuckers are scary when you're playing an untwinked toon.

Anustart

So I lost over 400m gold worth of gear yesterday. Dropped all my gear which included a very good manticore and legacy nats + a vile ward and dead man's legacy I spent a ton of gold on a few weeks ago. Had radiant ruby in helm and 5 radiant emeralds in my gear lost.

I dropped it all on the ground while going for the naked boss achievement when fighting belial. He killed me and when I came back everything was gone. Called support, submitted a ticket, they said there's nothing they can do. The nats hurts the most since it took me awhile to find acceptable prices on pieces that weren't the best, but we're well above average for legacy nats.

Feels real bad man.

Any specific reason you just didn't........
put it in your inventory?

Cipherr

Basically ... we will let you duel but deathmatch really shows how unbalanced classes and builds are. Also our testers got bored. So what are we going to do ... scrap it.

Well yeah, in terms of balancing classes against one another, I would imagine its all a hot mess. Its going to be that way because this was designed as a PvE game that focuses on your characters viability in term of killing AI, and not killing each other.

Going from a PvE skill and ability focus to PvP is difficult. Most games shit on the PvE skills to balance the PvP. DAoC did it frequently, WoW did it, tons of games have done it. Im glad that they would rather shelve that aspect of the game, rather than that nerfing the skills and runes so that PvP was more balanced, while nuking classes PvE viability. I cannot even imagine how bad they would have to nerf CM Wizards, and stuff like Smokescreen+Legacy_Nats and all kinds of other skills because they would be insane in PvP in terms of balance. But in PvE, you don't have to worry about those skills being too over the top.

I definitely blame Blizzard for getting themselves into this though. From the start they should have just been honest. D3 was designed as a PvE game first and foremost. PvP is just a afterthought, and folks shouldn't expect much. Had they said that from the start, maybe this wouldn't have built into such a letdown for alot of people. At least now they can put out this crappy dueling and get back to expanding the meat of the game.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i think it is so hilarious they waited until after christmas (when more people would undoubtedly purchase the game) to drop the bomb that they just reset all of their work on PVP.

They need to make PVP a whole new game, level up your character from 0 to 60 and you get PVP-only gear with PVP-only stats that scale in a PVP-only way with PVP-only skills.

they can even put in some paragon levels for the people who grind it out. its really not that hard of a concept, but they're so adamant against it because they want to challenge themselves into meshing PVP with PVE seamlessly into a clusterfuck. In the end, PVP serves a different type of gamer than PVE and they should design the game with that in mind. Its what practically every other game out there does! FPS games seldom have everything from single player, and single player doesnt have the same "features" multiplayer does.

HenryHSH

Feels real bad man.

I hate to be an asshole, but dude... That's some really stupid shit you did. Who in their right mind drops high-end gear on the ground? How fast did you think you would kill belial naked? I'm having a hard time understanding this.
The worst part is that the achievement is one of the easiest to get. All you need is to make sure you don't hit the boss and put your gear in your inventory a few seconds before the boss eats it. Let your mercenary do all the work with the demon sword (forgot the name, haven't played in a few weeks).

See if you can get your character rolled back somehow... :\

turnbuckle

Any specific reason you just didn't........
put it in your inventory?

Inventory was full, well almost full and I wanted to avoid accidentally swapping gear while taking it off in a hurry. Just quicker to drop it on the ground.

Yes, it was dumb, but there are multiple threads on various forums where people had the same issue. The items should have still been on the ground.

eek5

Inventory was full, well almost full and I wanted to avoid accidentally swapping gear while taking it off in a hurry. Just quicker to drop it on the ground.

Yes, it was dumb, but there are multiple threads on various forums where people had the same issue. The items should have still been on the ground.

All the bosses are instances so when you fail the instance resets.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

you didnt have lesser-worth trash that you would rather put on the ground than your amazing gear?

turnbuckle

you didnt have lesser-worth trash that you would rather put on the ground than your amazing gear?

of course! I was using my nats gear specificially because I was in a hurry to get through those dull achievements though. It's amazing how quickly a DH can traverse an area with the discipline bonus.

Oh well, not much can be done about it. I started investing in my monk and I"m having a blast. It hurts too much to look at my DH anymore, but the monk is starting to make me forgive and forget. I'll use my barb for higher monster power stuff, but the monk is too damned good farming mp0 :p

Dahbomb

Ughghghhghhhhhh .... D3 posts on the main gaming side are such a mess.
Most people who post in those types of threads obviously haven't played D3 since they quit after the first month. Others hate on D3 without having played it but have played other Blizzard games and just join in on the hit parade "lol Blizzard".

To be honest though the PVP news was extremely underwhelming, one does have to wonder what the hell Blizzard has been doing all this time. It's a bit of an embarrassment that PVP is still not out yet.

I haven't played D3 in a while, waiting for the next patch to hop back in.

larvi

Game is trolling me, 3 Schaefer's Hammers in the last 3 runs from last nite and today. I keep checking to make sure HenryHSH hasn't joined my game and dropping them randomly, lol. Why can't I get Skorns or Manticores at the same rate as these damn things?

Most people who post in those types of threads obviously haven't played D3 since they quit after the first month. Others hate on D3 without having played it but have played other Blizzard games and just join in on the hit parade "lol Blizzard".

To be honest though the PVP news was extremely underwhelming, one does have to wonder what the hell Blizzard has been doing all this time. It's a bit of an embarrassment that PVP is still not out yet.

It's wildly apparant that people are posting with impressions from 1.0.2 or at most 1.0.3.

I do agree that the PvP thing is pretty embarrasing for them though.

I haven't been playing as much either. NOt as much time this holiday season combined with a deisre for a new patch.

Yup. It's kinda embarrassing.

Reminds me of the GTA 5 threads. I hated GTA 5 too, but it's easy to see how a fan of that game could have been pissed about each thread turning to shit so quickly.

Wolfie5

Haven´t played since last month. Any new updates for PvE since patch 1.0.5? Or info on new update that will be coming soon to PvE?

Don´t care for PvP.

Sothpaw

My guess is there are a lot of console only players who will take any opportunity to shit all over a PC game. Also people who still can't get over online only/RMAH. The ignorance in that thread is good for a laugh though.

MrDaravon

People in every single Community-side thread, without fail, will always complain about gaming-side threads for their game. It's how things go.

neoism

lol awesome i can duel KMD so can own meh face. lol I haven't play in a few... Dark Souls :O...thats sad too I was hoping for a new quest or leg item to farm or something.. :/ getting bored and nothin is saleing :(

People in every single Community-side thread, without fail, will always complain about gaming-side threads for their game. It's how things go.

People in the OT complain about threads on the gaming side too. Place is scary. I try and keep my adventures into the gaming side of GAF down to a min. lol

dog$

Hates quality gaming
That weapon breaks the magic 1000 DPS barrier for a 1H, and it has IAS, 200str, and a socket. A few million is reasonable for it.

What I think that thread goes to show (much like the D3 console port thread which was bumped a month ago and locked) is that everyone will hold their impressions of the game as of 101 or 102 and repeat it as gospel until the end of time.

There will be enough posters there who will endlessly parrot the lines about AH being mandatory. That RMAH has the best gear. That DH is the most OP class. We all know it to be false, but there's more people out there who believe and post otherwise.

That said, I think it would do Blizzard well to bite the bullet and release things like TDM PVP as it is and let the tears flow about class imbalance. For D3 in general, the cat's out of the bag. There's nothing they can do to entice people who quit and bitch about the game to come back. There's no way to make the game have balance for an ancillary mode of play. Drop the pretentious justification for delays on the basis of "quality control", dish out what people want, collect worthwhile feedback, and iterate from there.

The PvP thing is shitty because if there's nothing to show for it, development resources would have been better used elsewhere. Most of us are here for the PvE anyway. It's also depressing because 1.0.5 was really good in terms of overall improvement. Just an all around bummer.

That thread is a madhouse because the only point was for people to say, "look, told you it was a piece of shit." Very little discussion was going to come from people playing because those people post here.

Anustart

Personally I like the game as much as D2, just could use a bit more to farm for I guess. More low level shit thats upgradeable so you feel a sense of progression I guess.

Also, I have 80 million in the bank and no upgrades to get :(

Started playing this game yesterday and Im having a blast. It feels like Diablo to me so far, but I'm still getting used to the auction house though.

Also, what type of weapon(s) is the best for a Monk?

neoism

Personally I like the game as much as D2, just could use a bit more to farm for I guess. More low level shit thats upgradeable so you feel a sense of progression I guess.

Also, I have 80 million in the bank and no upgrades to get :(

I'm sadly a little bored with the barb but I will try to roll a decent WD and we can go with mp6 or more or something I cant wait to duel you and get owned lol... I'll need to go to stupidstop and get a bizzcard cant get dat bil item lol......:p

Talaysen

Started playing this game yesterday and Im having a blast. It feels like Diablo to me so far, but I'm still getting used to the auction house though.

Also, what type of weapon(s) is the best for a Monk?

Early on it doesn't really matter a lot. At endgame you'll want fast weapons with +life on hit, +critical damage%, and a socket.

When dual wielding, does it matter which weapon goes on the main hand and which goes on the off hand?

Not really. You just alternate weapons, so you probably want to put your best weapon first. It doesn't make a big difference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom