• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
The "item hunt" changes are amusing. They actually don't say they're changing anything: they say that they changed stuff in the last patch (namely hellfire ring).

1.07 Patch Notes:

In 1.05 we made a lot of big changes, don't you think?
Crafting and new plans with double stat value (I guess) for a specific slot is the new hunt and will happen accross all acts.

That's prety clever to get people out of A3

MrDaravon

Yeah, I was also slightly confused by the Item Hunt portion, I had to re-read it to make sure I hadn't completely missed something. Everything sounds pretty good, not sure how much it's going to get me back into the game though; the new items and whatnot are a step in the right direction, but the game desperately needs some kind of more substantive wholesale new content.

Also it seems weird to me that they're increasing the XP bonus with MP active, and especially by how much they are.

Dahbomb

It's because Paragon leveling was faster on MP0 or low MPs and the higher MPs didn't give you enough XP for the effort and time put in.

Anustart

Seems flawless square rubies would have been the correct investment. I bailed out with my 4000 brimstones just a minute ago and sold for about 40k a piece. With the notes specifically mentioning a new reagent and no changes to brimstone, I doubt the price was going to rise more, and is actually falling now. Made about 60 million and doubled my money.

I'll take it.

jkanownik

Of course a buff for rubies was coming. This morning I decided to offload the some flawless star rubies that had been sitting in my inventory for weeks. They're already 33% above what I sold them for.

Guys... If we need a demonic esence (esence to acount bound items) for top tier gems.... It's very possible that top tier gems will be account bounded....

neoism

what gems

ran out fast lol holy shit 4 in the morn lol... only made about 8mil... I swear that blizz tax is fucking terrible..
need the monk changes, still not sure about going back... I love the barbs sprint but got bored quicker than I would think. Thinking WIZ next, hope they release it before POE.. like the new unique recipes items but really disliking making them all account bound.

RivalCore

I wonder if these new recipes will be comparable to current legendary/set items because I'll be damned if I'm going to lose my Inna's Temperance. I also hope they roll sockets naturally.

Looking forward to seeing the specifics on the Monk changes, the new item affixes and gem prices in the week after the patch (should be good for a laugh).

I really wish they would have done something about mob density in Acts 1 and 2.

Fularu

Banned
What more do you want? I'm not sure itemization will ever be fixed, so what's left?

Theorycrafting makes "fixing" items next to impossible. Now you can see what's the most efficient buit with the most efficient gear, going with the best stats.

Flavor items exist, but they no longer make you build a playstyle around them, which is *better* as far as I'm concerned.

Finding a "huge upgrade" that forces you to play differently than how you want to do it sucks.

Yay, WD ignored again. Oh well now that I have Zuni's mainset I can farm mp1 for xp and loot without going oom spamming acid raid. Spent 15 mil on a sunkeeper and zuni pants and within a hour I found Inna's Legs.. first set piece in weeks and back 16mil, lol. Back to my pitiful 35mil.

Fularu

Banned
Yay, WD ignored again. Oh well now that I have Zuni's mainset I can farm mp1 for xp and loot without going oom spamming acid raid. Spent 15 mil on a sunkeeper and zuni pants and within a hour I found Inna's Legs.. first set piece in weeks and back 16mil, lol. Back to my pitiful 35mil.

I have 16 millions and the most I ever had was about 30 :p

Yeah, I suck at finding items in this game :D

Ryan_

Man, just came back after a long period of hybernation. Me and my friends played like crazy when it first came out but then were dissapointed with inferno and the lack of legendaries/gear. Now we're back but damn, it's gonna be hard.

My 144K is nothing anymore haha. I'm trying to get through Act 1, MP1 Inferno but my wizard is too squishy. Any advice what best to do next?
I wonder who still is left from back in the first OT :)

Untitled-63_zps5870a614.png
First legendary in weeks. I'm rich!

Man, just came back after a long period of hybernation. Me and my friends played like crazy when it first came out but then were dissapointed with inferno and the lack of legendaries/gear. Now we're back but damn, it's gonna be hard.

My 144K is nothing anymore haha. I'm trying to get through Act 1, MP1 Inferno but my wizard is too squishy. Any advice what best to do next?
I wonder who still is left from back in the first OT :)

Play on mp0

IlludiumQ36

Those are some nice additions. Still would like to see many things addressed though:

• Itemization is still borked - Mighty Belts w/o STR, Monk helms w/o DEX, Wiz hats w/o INT, DEX-free quivers, trash legendaries (like that amulet posted above) and set items, 2-hand weapons still suck, etc. etc.
  • Class specific items drop WAYYYY too much which would be fine but not for the itemization mentioned above.
  • The ROI on Hellfire ring farming is too low. Rings should roll better stats - no trash affixes.
  • Gems need better scaling each level above flawless square as applied to attributes. The cost benefit ratio is heavily skewed to cost.
  • More enemy density in A1 & A2

I'm reserving judgement on the reflect damage "fix" until I see it in action. I'm of the opinion that it should have been nerfed numerically or give some classes more items with LS to help mitigate it. As it is right now, I can take my DH into MP0/1 and absolutely faceroll only to fire 2 ball lightnings into a reflect pack and fall over dead (with 2.70 LS).

Vodh

Man, those changes sound amazing. Definitely more than enough to get me to keep playing. Maybe I'll earn the multiple millions some day, for now rolling in those 100k-2mil a piece sets still... :D

SRTtoZ

Those are some nice additions. Still would like to see many things addressed though:

• Itemization is still borked - Mighty Belts w/o STR, Monk helms w/o DEX, Wiz hats w/o INT, DEX-free quivers, trash legendaries (like that amulet posted above) and set items, 2-hand weapons still suck, etc. etc.
  • Class specific items drop WAYYYY too much which would be fine but not for the itemization mentioned above.
  • The ROI on Hellfire ring farming is too low. Rings should roll better stats - no trash affixes.
  • Gems need better scaling each level above flawless square as applied to attributes. The cost benefit ratio is heavily skewed to cost.
  • More enemy density in A1 & A2

I'm reserving judgement on the reflect damage "fix" until I see it in action. I'm of the opinion that it should have been nerfed numerically or give some classes more items with LS to help mitigate it. As it is right now, I can take my DH into MP0/1 and absolutely faceroll only to fire 2 ball lightnings into a reflect pack and fall over dead (with 2.70 LS).

A DH without Shadow Power: Gloom??? WHY?

larvi

That's the problem, you should have a choice to be able to gear for reflection. They might as well make that a permanent skill and only give DH 3 skills to pick from the way it stands now. I don't think any of the other classes have a similar situation where they have to pick a certain skill to be able to survive mp0

IlludiumQ36

While that's an incorrect assumption ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IlludiumQ36-1420/hero/1668575 ), I can see why you made it. The bolded statement is true nonetheless. Ball Lightning can be a curse when a reflect pack is just beyond a cluster of trash mobs. The ball(s) travels forward and continues to proc damage to all enemies within its range. Gloom doesn't proc on projectiles (or traps) fired before activating it - hence the fall over dead.

Your statement further illustrates the problem with reflect in the current state: Shadow Power is a must have skill, even at the lowest MP level. Reflect is the limiting factor for DH build diversity, something Blizz has been promoting with the culmination of the last patch.

Reflect as a monster affix is completely unbalanced relative to everything else. It's as if it doesn't behave or scale in conjunction with incoming damage per each MP level. The amount of damaged returned at MP0 seems the same as any MP level.

turnbuckle

I think it was just poor formatting re: item hunting. The section that followed discussed crafting and the new material, both of which will reduce the perception that a player needs to use the AH. But it was confusing. Perhaps the formatting is worse than that and they actually had included more details about item hunting but edited out the details without editing out the bullet point. I'm living in fantasy land with that idea, but it's fun to speculate.

Pepto

Banned
I like reflect damage. It is only thing that keeps the character builds from being all about max damage with some life leech. Does everyone just want to stack up your main stat and the trifecta damage bonuses and be done with it? How boring is that.

VALKYRAY

Banned
While that's an incorrect assumption ( http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/IlludiumQ36-1420/hero/1668575 ), I can see why you made it. The bolded statement is true nonetheless. Ball Lightning can be a curse when a reflect pack is just beyond a cluster of trash mobs. The ball(s) travels forward and continues to proc damage to all enemies within its range. Gloom doesn't proc on projectiles (or traps) fired before activating it - hence the fall over dead.

Your statement further illustrates the problem with reflect in the current state: Shadow Power is a must have skill, even at the lowest MP level. Reflect is the limiting factor for DH build diversity, something Blizz has been promoting with the culmination of the last patch.

Reflect as a monster affix is completely unbalanced relative to everything else. It's as if it doesn't behave or scale in conjunction with incoming damage per each MP level. The amount of damaged returned at MP0 seems the same as any MP level.

you need to stack resis
you only got like 200 all resis

Reinstalled this and had a somewhat fun 30 mins. I was watching the playoff game while I played this with 3 other people. Didn't have to think or worry, just steamrolled. I think I've found the niche for this game.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I started playing again very casually recently for like the first time in months, and tonight while leveling my barb I got my first legendary item ever:

So how many millions of gold can I sell this for? LOL

Hi guys, I started playing again together with a friend yesterday (also a GAFer). We started at launch but we just couldn't continue after inferno, for obvious reasons. But we really had some fun playing around with the monster levels yesterday. I definitely need a gear update though, so that's why I'm asking if anyone here has some tips on what gear I should upgrade as a Demon Hunter.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eravulgaris-2648/hero/8458863

I've got some money to spend so... It can be expensive but not too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom