• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan_

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ryan-1961/hero/79172

So I basically made a CM wizard for uberfarming with my Dh friend but when he's offline, I'd like to use an archon build for paragonning.

Atm, with the paragon build I use, I have about 70K damage buffed, which makes it rather fast in MP0 but when I look at the different videos, people are doing it a hell of a lot faster than me, so with my budget of 2.5 mil, what should I change to maximize my archon off-spec?

VALKYRAY

Banned
for archon mode, you want a black damage weapon and stacking as much % damage bonus from gears as possible.
EX: zuni boots, Triumvirate, tal rasha necklace.

I doubt you can afford any these with 2.5mil. zuni boots perhaps?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
found a natalya's refelction today, probably worth 80 mil minimum.

it has only 3% crit and no crit damage, but it has 9% attack speed. it gave me 3 set so it upped my dps about 10k.

not sure if i should sell it though.

what's your goal? doing ubers or just paragon leveling?
for leveling, you have good enough gear. you can do mp1 fairly fast.
for ubering, you are long way to go. you need to change everything.
just so you know, my monk cant solo mp10:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Violentine-1122/hero/2442838

im linking my DH because she wears exatly the same gear set.

Nice gear. I want to do Ubers/key farming. Yea, farming is really easy now, so I want to try moving in that direction. What I'm trying to figure out is the best way to transition from where I am to where you are because there is no way I can afford more than one piece of gear like that at a time.

And wow at the sweeping wind buff (I really didn't expect them to buff SW at all):

Sweeping Wind Cost: 75 Spirit / Surround yourself in a vortex that continuously deals (old: 15) now 20% weapon damage to all enemies within 10 yards. The vortex lasts 6 seconds and is refreshed each time you strike an enemy with a melee attack. Landing a Critical Hit has a chance to increase the vortex effect up to 2 times for a total of (old: 45) now 60% weapon damage to nearby enemies.
Blade Storm : Intensify the vortex, increasing the damage per stack to (old: 20) now 26% weapon damage. This increases the damage with 3 stacks to (old: 60) now 78% weapon damage.
Cyclone : While your vortex is at the maximum stack count, Critical Hits have a chance to spawn a lightning tornado that periodically electrocutes nearby enemies for (old: 20) now 26% weapon damage as Lightning. Each spawned lightning tornado lasts 3 seconds.

nbraun80

I don't understand why they're having so much internal trouble coming up with good PvP. The PvP in this patch is going to be basically worthless. The fun of PvP wasn't about fighting your friend's characters and seeing who was tougher, it was about custom games of like minded people and brawling it out. I liked low lvl dueling so I looked for '9-17 lld's' games, others might have looked for 40-50 lvl duels or 99 duels. My point is, without letting people create and join custom games, the point of PvPing is useless. Who's going to go from public game to public game looking for people who want to? There at least has to be separate public matchmaking.

They say it's simplistic, but you have to go talk to this guy at in new T and he'll take you to this separate fighting ground, etc. What's so difficult about the idea of if we both hostile each other we can fight, if I don't hostile you we can't?

Just blows my mind...

Vodh

How do you mean? I'm more so uninformed than questionin your judgement!

In 1.0.7 they introduce a new crafting mat, and a new set of crafting recipes. They will allow you to craft iLvL 63 items with a guaranteed base stat, 6 properties, and the potential to have higher base stat than the current iLvL random drop rares. The only catch is the new crafted items will be bound to your account. But even tho they are bound to account, they can roll better than any rare from AH.

So essentially, instead of spending money on AH, you can now just farm up some mats and spend the gold to craft potentially best-in-slot items for yourself. You won't be able to sell them, but they can go higher than any AH rares. It's going to be a viable alternative for people who don't enjoy AH all that much, it will give an easily perceivable chance for an upgrade for what I'm guessing to be a moderate amount of grinding, and it sure as hell will be more exciting than hunting AH for cheap stuff.

I don't know about the rest of ya, but I remember those first ~25 levels before I figured it's cheaper and vastly more efficient to buy gear from AH instead of crafting - and back then, crafting felt absolutely great. So I'm really excited for 1.0.7 to say the least.

Vodh

I don't understand why they're having so much internal trouble coming up with good PvP. The PvP in this patch is going to be basically worthless. The fun of PvP wasn't about fighting your friend's characters and seeing who was tougher, it was about custom games of like minded people and brawling it out. I liked low lvl dueling so I looked for '9-17 lld's' games, others might have looked for 40-50 lvl duels or 99 duels. My point is, without letting people create and join custom games, the point of PvPing is useless. Who's going to go from public game to public game looking for people who want to? There at least has to be separate public matchmaking.

They say it's simplistic, but you have to go talk to this guy at in new T and he'll take you to this separate fighting ground, etc. What's so difficult about the idea of if we both hostile each other we can fight, if I don't hostile you we can't?

Just blows my mind...

You're underestimating people's resourcefulness. It's not going to be hard at all to just join a PvP chat channel, look for people willing to join you and create a game with the purpose of PvP. Even finding people willing to do some lvl19 or whatever dueling will be easy if there's a demand for this kind of experience. Sure, it's a tiny bit less convenient than creating or looking for a custom game in Diablo 2, but with a little effort it will allow for everything D2 allowed you to do. On top of that, it's just a filler system for the time being, I'm sure they will come up with some fun form of PvP when the time comes.

turnbuckle

In 1.0.7 they introduce a new crafting mat, and a new set of crafting recipes. They will allow you to craft iLvL 63 items with a guaranteed base stat, 6 properties, and the potential to have higher base stat than the current iLvL random drop rares. The only catch is the new crafted items will be bound to your account. But even tho they are bound to account, they can roll better than any rare from AH.

So essentially, instead of spending money on AH, you can now just farm up some mats and spend the gold to craft potentially best-in-slot items for yourself. You won't be able to sell them, but they can go higher than any AH rares. It's going to be a viable alternative for people who don't enjoy AH all that much, it will give an easily perceivable chance for an upgrade for what I'm guessing to be a moderate amount of grinding, and it sure as hell will be more exciting than hunting AH for cheap stuff.

I don't know about the rest of ya, but I remember those first ~25 levels before I figured it's cheaper and vastly more efficient to buy gear from AH instead of crafting - and back then, crafting felt absolutely great. So I'm really excited for 1.0.7 to say the least.

I thought it was 5 random properties+ main stat

neoism

PTR Patch Notes Out! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/Public_Test_Realm_--_Patch_107_Notes-1_15_2013

Honestly a bit underwhelming, but:

Thank god.

The new crafting stuff should be a good time/gold sink. Brimstones to some extent.
These gems can only be created at the Jeweler and will require the following reagents:

3 Radiant Star Gems
20 million gold
1 Demonic Essence

Un-socketing Marquise gems will cost 5 million gold
The designs for the Marquise gems will drop randomly from all level 63 monsters

Note: The designs are not account-bound

lol nice for the 1% i will never me able to get one

Shifty76

Does this mean the sweeping wind weapon swap trick has been nerfed?

Yes.

Also, apparently those marquise (sp?) gems are not only account bound, but it costs you 5m(!) to remove them from an item. Ouch!

Oh, also, hi gaf. Long time reader, first time poster (account finally got approved after waiting a month or two)

Yes.

Also, apparently those marquise (sp?) gems are not only account bound, but it costs you 5m(!) to remove them from an item. Ouch!

Oh, also, hi gaf. Long time reader, first time poster (account finally got approved after waiting a month or two)

Well that sucks! Easily the most fun I've had with my monk in a long while.

Though some of the buffs looked nice. A buff to sweeping wind, cyclone strike and tempest rush sounds interesting.

I should probably sell my weapons for the swap ASAP I guess. :(

Also: welcome

3 (30M Radiant Emerads) + 20M craft + 1 demonic essence = ~110M For the new Emerald?

My god...thats like a 30 real dollar gem.

*Math might be off.

Last night I got my 4th set item. It had been a few months since I've seen one although I havent played much in the last months. Blackthorn Boots and they were awfulllll. Not even worth 100k. Although I was paid off later when I got a trifecta ring...although the rolls werent great (no primary stat)

Will dueling earn any XP? I'm guessing no?

Shifty76

Well that sucks! Easily the most fun I've had with my monk in a long while.

Though some of the buffs looked nice. A buff to sweeping wind, cyclone strike and tempest rush sounds interesting.

I should probably sell my weapons for the swap ASAP I guess. :(

Also: welcome

Yeah, tempest rush becomes more efficient. I never screwed around with snapshots any further than casting blinding flash before SW, so between the SW dmg buff, the TR dmg buff, and being able to switch out blinding flash for BoH Blazing Wrath and it's permanent +15% dmg it's a pretty big net positive DPS gain for me.

Really wish I'd purchased that 7% crit chance to wave of light SoJ I was looking at last night. It was up for 8m buyout, now prices have skyrocketed. I think a skorn wielding monk with emphasis on spirit regen/generation and WoL as main attack is going to be pretty effective in 1.07. Evidently others figured the same :(

My monk with TR gear if anyone's interested: http://d3up.com/b/13426
Add another 300k EHP with similar DPS for my cookie cutter FoT/TC build.

That's SO much money for the crafts. Is it even feasible to get that much without striking it rich on the AH?

Probably not, honestly. I've never been able to really sell anything, so I barely have any gold to my name. Maybe get a few hundred thousand in an hour of farming, so assuming I didn't spend any of that, or find anything to sell it would only take me about, oh 67 hours to afford one of those new gems which is about a half to a third of my total play time with D3. And that's just for that level of craft. I've never even found any of the gem recipes currently in the game.

Thankfully gems are pretty marginal in relation to gear. Diminishing returns on them ramp up quick.

I mean the best thing I've ever found is my 1350 DPS Crossbow with a socket. Has intelligence, and I don't think anything else on it. So it's kind of mediocre in the greater scheme of things besides the high DPS roll.

Actually, that is fine. When you have a high end character, that 10 percent is 8-10-15k dps increase. If not more.

The weapon socket bonuses are appropriate yeah, but I've always felt the delta from one gem level to the next for armor sockets is pretty awful for the cost involved (at all levels.)

Ingeniero

I just bought this in the AH for 130,000 gold
Fd5gu.jpg

Good deal? I think it was a bargain.

Definity

I played a few games on the PTR servers. Pretty cool patch. I'm going to enjoy the crafting additions. Not sure what to think of the duels....yet but I do know I love my serenity skill.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
May literally not even be worth that. Extra roll was worthless stats, very very low CHD roll.
you just got ripped off. i bought a 1297 dps skorn with 5.4% lifesteal, 322 dex, 184 crit damage for 78 mil. that was a bargin. i sold it 2 weeks later for almost double the price.
He has to start somewhere, and it's clearly better than what he had.

What else was he supposed to get for 130K gold?

VALKYRAY

Banned

Yeah, tempest rush becomes more efficient. I never screwed around with snapshots any further than casting blinding flash before SW, so between the SW dmg buff, the TR dmg buff, and being able to switch out blinding flash for BoH Blazing Wrath and it's permanent +15% dmg it's a pretty big net positive DPS gain for me.

Really wish I'd purchased that 7% crit chance to wave of light SoJ I was looking at last night. It was up for 8m buyout, now prices have skyrocketed. I think a skorn wielding monk with emphasis on spirit regen/generation and WoL as main attack is going to be pretty effective in 1.07. Evidently others figured the same :(

poor ehp man, you need about 5000 armor. STi is a must have passive. armor and all resis work together as a whole. with your ehp, you gonna get oneshotted on high MP and PVP.

I'm really late with this, but a friend keeps asking me to play so I'm thinking about buying D3.
Does it matter which regional version of the game I buy? I always see people making distinctions between US and EU keys, but the FAQ I just read says I can choose the region which I play in freely.
Basically my question is, can I play with my EU friends if I buy a US version of the game, or are there any regional restrictions?

kennah

You would probably be ok no matter which version you get. One of my rl friends played for 2 months on the EU servers from Canada and didn't even realize it until I tried to play with him.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm really late with this, but a friend keeps asking me to play so I'm thinking about buying D3.
Does it matter which regional version of the game I buy? I always see people making distinctions between US and EU keys, but the FAQ I just read says I can choose the region which I play in freely.
Basically my question is, can I play with my EU friends if I buy a US version of the game, or are there any regional restrictions?

I think you can, just as I can play on the US servers with my EU copy. However, you'll have to choose the same regional server as your friends, as characters are bound to one region. You can however create separate characters in other regions.

Vodh

Size said:

I think you can, just as I can play on the US servers with my EU copy. However, you'll have to choose the same regional server as your friends, as characters are bound to one region. You can however create separate characters in other regions.

Yeah I'm planning to play only on EU servers anyway. I'm just asking because it'll probably be easier for me to find someone who sells a US key in the BST thread.

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me how much space the installed D3 currently takes up on their HDD exactly? I need to decide if I put it on the SSD or not.

Ingeniero

Arent those gems worth 100k. Or did you put that in?
I crafted and put the gem in myself.

He has to start somewhere, and it's clearly better than what he had. What else was he supposed to get for 130K gold?
Yes, my gold budget is very low and I thought it was a good deal, low level Skorn yeah, but the +337 STR was nuts, my DPS rose by 40%, nice upgrade.

wait, 130k?? that's a fucking good deal. lol I thought he was talking about 130mil. my bad
Only 130K, not 130mill lol, I hope one day I can have that ammount of gold.

For 130k, great starting piece.
Thanks.

I want the Hellfire ring, I´ve being reading about it, I hope I can manage to get the keys by myself.

Shifty76

poor ehp man, you need about 5000 armor. STi is a must have passive. armor and all resis work together as a whole. with your ehp, you gonna get oneshotted on high MP and PVP.

Err...you did read my post right?

That's what I run for MP0 Paragon leveling - absolutely no need for high EHP at that level. Everything dies in one pass of TR/SW, and elite packs die in one cast of SSS.

I just switched over to the gear I use for MP8 solo key farming: http://d3up.com/b/13426

My usual group for ubers consists of two CM wiz's so I'll switch back to Tal's chest for an additional 10k unbuffed DPS, but solo I like to be tougher at the cost of some DPS.

Still can't make up my mind between my Echoing Fury (1030 dps, 150 dex, socket) and Won Khim Lau (840 DPS, 54% crit, 6% lightning, +18% lightning skill, socket)
In an ideal world I'd run both, but I need the LS from my Butcher's Sickle. LS Echoing Fury & Won Khim Lau with socket both run into the hundreds of millions so they're not an option for me right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom