• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlludiumQ36

you need to stack resis
you only got like 200 all resis

Not really relevant to the prior discussion. I didn't just step off the banana boat into this game (surely my character page was such an indication). I have several alt-gears for different type runs (keys, MP progression, gold, items). I can gear AR if the run calls for it.

Just my luck, new page...

Hi guys, I started playing again together with a friend yesterday (also a GAFer). We started at launch but we just couldn't continue after inferno, for obvious reasons. But we really had some fun playing around with the monster levels yesterday. I definitely need a gear update though, so that's why I'm asking if anyone here has some tips on what gear I should upgrade as a Demon Hunter.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eravulgaris-2648/hero/8458863

I've got some money to spend so... It can be expensive but not too expensive.

Tarazet

Found an excellent Echoing Fury with a lot of Str, attack speed and crit damage. Sold it for 15 mil and used the proceeds to kit out my Monk a bit more. Kill speed is much improved and I'm insanely durable now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/2529492

The amulet was a steal at 40k, and the chest was even less. The set ring was a personal drop, as were the bracers. I couldn't improve on them without running out of budget.

IlludiumQ36

Hi guys, I started playing again together with a friend yesterday (also a GAFer). We started at launch but we just couldn't continue after inferno, for obvious reasons. But we really had some fun playing around with the monster levels yesterday. I definitely need a gear update though, so that's why I'm asking if anyone here has some tips on what gear I should upgrade as a Demon Hunter.

A few things stand out at first glance:

Your helm, quiver, and amulet have no crit chance (though the ammy does have a great CD roll). The emerald in your Manticore should be upgraded. With your current skills/passives, you have 326% CD - that needs to be supplemented with more CC (currently at 23% - shoot for mid-30's minimum). None of your rings or your gloves have increased attack speed. Your gloves do have CC and AR though, so it would be expensive to maintain those AND add IAS. It would cost you some AR, but look at some Inna's Pants for the movement speed and CC/IAS bonuses.

Honestly, it just depends on how you like to play and what MP levels you want to run. You have a lot of latitude on the direction you can take your character and balancing defense vs offense.

JoeMartin

Start with a dead man's legacy. 19%+ IAS and 10% CC if possible; barring any ::expensive:: rolls it should only run you ~100k. Natalya's 2/3 piece bonuses are dirt cheap, again barring ::expensive:: rolls, and are very worth it.

By no means is this even a 'good' example, but I put this guy together for just under 10m. Taking the best of good if subpar/not optimal rolls still results in a decent character.

EDIT: Use this build for ubers/keyfarm. Playing another ranged class really gave me good perspective on how shit the WD is right now. It is so much easier and so much safer to apply maximum downfield DPS with a DH than it is a WD, even if dex is infinitely more shit than int.

Plan for each.

I think it works out cheaper buying them on the AH, but I can't be sure.

Thought so, thanks. I've gotten two radiant star plans to drop but no others yet.

I got a terrible set item last night, but the RNG made it up to me buy giving me a ~10m Unity. I'm keeping it for now since it gives me ~5k DPS and I can't seem to find anything to buy for that price that would give me that big of a boost.

Ryan_

And I'm the friend!

I could use DiabloGAF's wisdom as well. I used to play CM Wizard back when it wasn't nerfed into oblivion and CM procced a lot more. Now I noticed that is again a viable build.

I saw two in-depth guides, one on reddit and one on DiabloFans but they don't agree on stat priority. Reddit says ias%, crit, apoc, life on hit while Diablofans says crit, apoc, life on hit and mostly defensive stats.
Now, I will add 10 euro to my Blizzard Wallet so that I have around a budget of 40 mil.
What should I focus on to make the build most viable? (I might save a bit to make a basic Archon swap build).

This is my current gear = http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ryan-1961/hero/79172

Thanks for the help ;-)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
This is interesting.

Wyatt Cheng made a huge post over at reddit recently, and had parts of it copied over to the bnet forums here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=18#348

Important points -

Monster density will not be altered anywhere.
OWE will not be changed.
Rubies will not directly increase IAS.
The general Radius buff is very small (sounds like less than 5 yards).
Stacks "should" carry over between Acts.
And lastly, Wyatt Cheng seems to consider the reddit subcommunity a place to post this kind of information first, rather than bnet itself.

Ok, so I decided to go back, after a loooong hiatus.

I missed a few patchs and forgot most of what I learned, but I am willing to get back into D3.

This is my main char, barbarian
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MarKoNiO-1876/hero/3763386

Any input will be appreciated, what to upgrade, skills, builds, etc.
I want to finish inferno, I know I can with a party, but I want to be a good dmg dealer.

Thanks.
I'm hardly an expert on Barb but the general point of advice I can give is to make AR among your last priorities in gearing as opposed to your first. Unlike how it was in May, D3 is much more suited to high offense than high defense. Get some socketed weapons with Life Steal, an LS belt, prioritize Strength and CC/CHD (and IAS if you can afford it) above Vit and AR, and play on low enough Monster Power that you are speedily killing everything on the screen. I share my Nat's ring and Inna's pants among my 3 60s, and my barb is at 102K DPS and 31K life now.

Ingeniero

This is interesting.

Wyatt Cheng made a huge post over at reddit recently, and had parts of it copied over to the bnet forums here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=18#348

Important points -

OWE will not be changed.
Rubies will not directly increase IAS.
The general Radius buff is very small (sounds like less than 5 yards).
Stacks "should" carry over between Acts.
And lastly, Wyatt Cheng seems to consider the reddit subcommunity a place to post this kind of information first, rather than bnet itself.

I'm hardly an expert on Barb but the general point of advice I can give is to make AR among your last priorities in gearing as opposed to your first. Unlike how it was in May, D3 is much more suited to high offense than high defense. Get some socketed weapons with Life Steal, an LS belt, prioritize Strength and CC/CHD (and IAS if you can afford it) above Vit and AR, and play on low enough Monster Power that you are speedily killing everything on the screen. I share my Nat's ring and Inna's pants among my 3 60s, and my barb is at 102K DPS and 31K life now.

Thanks man.
Lots of thing have changed indeed, All Resist was a must to survive in Inferno months ago.
Crit dmg + Crit % will be my priority now, also mor VIT, my HP is too low.
How about a shield?
I have like 1million gold and $2,5, what will you buy right away with that if you were in my place?

Also what skills do you use to have over 100K DPS?

Thanks again.
Regards.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Start with a dead man's legacy. 19%+ IAS and 10% CC if possible; barring any ::expensive:: rolls it should only run you ~100k. Natalya's 2/3 piece bonuses are dirt cheap, again barring ::expensive:: rolls, and are very worth it.

By no means is this even a 'good' example, but I put this guy together for just under 10m. Taking the best of good if subpar/not optimal rolls still results in a decent character.

EDIT: Use this build for ubers/keyfarm. Playing another ranged class really gave me good perspective on how shit the WD is right now. It is so much easier and so much safer to apply maximum downfield DPS with a DH than it is a WD, even if dex is infinitely more shit than int.

no way, 10m? how much is that manticore?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
This is interesting.

Important points -

he only said it wont change in this patch buy they are looking into doing it

Unfortunately increased monster density in Act 1 and 2 in Inferno difficulty did not make patch 1.0.7. It is absolutely something we would like to improve, and it is still on the list for the future. I spend most of personal play time in Act 3 as well: Keeps 1, Core, Tower, Bridge, Fields. It's a matter of degrees, it'll never all be balanced 100% equal in all zones everywhere you go - but they need to be comparable within a certain tolerance, and we're definitely outside that margin right now.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Thanks man.
Lots of thing have changed indeed, All Resist was a must to survive in Inferno months ago.
Crit dmg + Crit % will be my priority now, also mor VIT, my HP is too low.
How about a shield?
Don't bother. 2H or 2X1H.
I have like 1million gold and $2,5, what will you buy right away with that if you were in my place?
Highest 2H axe you can get that has Life Steal and a socket, or search Life Steal and blank CHD if you get something with higher DPS.

Meanwhile, take out Tough As Nails and put in Bloodthirst for your passive.

Also what skills do you use to have over 100K DPS?
Unbuffed. Battle Rage puts me at 120K.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ammostiel-1897/hero/6028305 . Missing are a Nat's ring and Inna's pants which add 9% IAS and 10% CC. My barb is very gimmicky though and outside of raw stats (which are poor overall) should not be used for guidance.

Cipherr

no way, 10m? how much is that manticore?

Thats what Im saying. I have a Manticore thats a little worse than that one, and I remember dropping like 20m for it. That was a while ago, but still.

Damn..

Everything else looks reasonable and or possible, but those Innas with Vit and that Manticore + everything else for under 10m had to have included some insanely lucky buys unless the market has tanked since I played last.

Ryan_

Just updated my wiz with some CM gear, got 60K DPS, 50 Crit chance, 2.69 aps, 800 LoH, 19 APoC, 700 resistance across the board and 40k Hp.

For a wiz with this kinda gear, what's the best way to make gold/find items.
I invested quite a lot of gold and I'm trying to get some back!

Rufus

Farm Act 3 on MP0 or 1/2, depending on how fast you can kill things. If you one-shot most mobs you're good to go higher than MP0.

So, uh, have fun, I guess.

Vio-Lence

Banned
for low level MP paragon and loot farming, it would have been cheaper and more efficient to build an archon set imo. archon is probably one of the best leveling & farming builds in the game.

Ryan_

for low level MP paragon and loot farming, it would have been cheaper and more efficient to build an archon set imo. archon is probably one of the best leveling & farming builds in the game.

Does it differ a lot from what I have right now? I still have 2.5 mil left, could that be enough to make an Archon set for solo farming?

Vio-Lence

Banned
Does it differ a lot from what I have right now? I still have 2.5 mil left, could that be enough to make an Archon set for solo farming?

try to get to 100k dps unbuffed for archon. drop some AR and vita. hard to comment beyond that w/out look at your Armory.

So I haven't logged into my battle.net account since summer and Blizzard seems to be taking the piss in having me get back in. I had to redownload the authenticator app for my iPhone, but the code the authenticator gives me won't let me into my account. And I can't log into my account without the authenticator. So, I want Blizzard to send me a text message to my phone with a code to detach the authenticator but no damn text message is sent - also when I try to resend the text message, it just says "error".

Fuck you Blizzard. Anyone know what I can do about this?

VALKYRAY

Banned
you need to deactivate your authenticator everytime you need to update your IOS, because it will be different everytime you download the app

Shouta

Those are some nice additions. Still would like to see many things addressed though:

• Itemization is still borked - Mighty Belts w/o STR, Monk helms w/o DEX, Wiz hats w/o INT, DEX-free quivers, trash legendaries (like that amulet posted above) and set items, 2-hand weapons still suck, etc. etc.
  • Class specific items drop WAYYYY too much which would be fine but not for the itemization mentioned above.
  • The ROI on Hellfire ring farming is too low. Rings should roll better stats - no trash affixes.
  • Gems need better scaling each level above flawless square as applied to attributes. The cost benefit ratio is heavily skewed to cost.
  • More enemy density in A1 & A2

I'm reserving judgement on the reflect damage "fix" until I see it in action. I'm of the opinion that it should have been nerfed numerically or give some classes more items with LS to help mitigate it. As it is right now, I can take my DH into MP0/1 and absolutely faceroll only to fire 2 ball lightnings into a reflect pack and fall over dead (with 2.70 LS).

If they added more stats and unique things for classes, I'd be ok with class-unique items rolling the required stats for that class but as it is currently, them only rolling with those would kind of make random loot a bit pointless. You'd need to adjust other stuff alongside it to make it viable. If class-items dropped with the required stats, then it'd just be a matter of amount and it'd just look even more terrible for the market, lol.

Thinking of buying bul'kathos sword set and I'm on the fence here. Which one is better, Immortal King's Two handed mighty weapon or the bul'kathos two one-handed swords? dps wise

Vio-Lence

Banned
Thinking of buying bul'kathos sword set and I'm on the fence here. Which one is better, Immortal King's Two handed mighty weapon or the bul'kathos two one-handed swords? dps wise

if you want to use 2handers get a skorn, it's the best 2hander option.

for one handers, best off with well rolled rares over BK set.

RS4-

Ugh wtf, I put up 2 star rubies on AH together, log in a few days later and both sell for a total of 850k. Did I just get owned and sold both for the price of one.

VALKYRAY

Banned

do not buy trash. they are trash.

buy skorn or echoing fury + something else. the later combo is very expensive

kennah

Screenshot098.jpg

Sweet, put this up for a ridiculous buyout and someone bought it. May they enjoy it in good health, was a hell of a lot of fun leveling my DH with that xbow :)

Vodh

This new patch is going to be huge. People may not realize it just yet, but it is.

Essentially, it provides an alternative to the AH - a slot machine which gives you a chance of obtaining a best-in-slot (at least for a few slots) item for a fixed investment which is certainly going to be way smaller than the current high end AH items.

And it's given me an inspiration for a fix to the legendaries - at least, the shitty rolls on the good legendaries.

What they should do is introduce a similar system, just for legendaries. A crafting which requires a legendary item, some crafting mats and gold - you drop it in, and you receive a completely rerolled legendary with the same name, only it's a Bind to Account version with stats that are potentially let's say 5-10% higher than the drop version of the legendary. This system should require the unbound legendaries for the crafting, with the BoA ones salvageable into some gold and mats, but not usable in the further crafting.

What this would achieve is a huge increase in value of low rolls on the good legendaries and provide a sink for both money and those legendaries, as well as a slot-machine version capable of producing a best in slot item for every slot, every class. Yeah, poor players wouldn't be able to easily afford cheap decent legendaries from the best-in-slot lines, but if a potentially good legendary drops - you're rich, no matter how bad the rolls are. And that would fix all the itemization problems that are an effect of the AH. All that is left would be to buff the remaining shitty legendaries to make them desirable. I believe this would be as good as the current system could ever get without a complete rework or a vast amount of new, interesting affixes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This new patch is going to be huge. People may not realize it just yet, but it is.

Essentially, it provides an alternative to the AH - a slot machine which gives you a chance of obtaining a best-in-slot (at least for a few slots) item for a fixed investment which is certainly going to be way smaller than the current high end AH items.

How do you mean? I'm more so uninformed than questionin your judgement!

Ingeniero

Ok so today I finished the game on Inferno.
It was so easy I couldn't believe it. I died like 3 times tops in all act4.
Now I will work to improve my chars. Already got a couple of upgrades that Diablo droped.
No more all res and focus more on dmg, meaning crit% and crit dmg.

I want a Skorn so bad, got to start saving up.

Also, can't find the link right now but HF rings will yield a Brimstone when salvaged.

Higher up on the first page you linked: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=26#501

I'd be interested if anyone has any advice for me: http://d3up.com/b/245546

I've checked out the monk gearing threads, and I've looked at the AH for about a week now. It seems like anything I want to upgrade is going to cost 5-10m, and I wanted to ask before I spend amounts like that for any ideas.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
107 datamining WIP: http://www.diablofans.com/

I'd c&p the points, but it's written to show the old and revised figures, so it would be a gigantic mess without tons of editing.

Biggest wtf to me is monk's cyclone now only hitting up to 8 enemies. What the fuck is that about.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Higher up on the first page you linked: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592581161?page=26#501

I'd be interested if anyone has any advice for me: http://d3up.com/b/245546

I've checked out the monk gearing threads, and I've looked at the AH for about a week now. It seems like anything I want to upgrade is going to cost 5-10m, and I wanted to ask before I spend amounts like that for any ideas.

what's your goal? doing ubers or just paragon leveling?
for leveling, you have good enough gear. you can do mp1 fairly fast.
for ubering, you are long way to go. you need to change everything.
just so you know, my monk cant solo mp10:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Violentine-1122/hero/2442838

im linking my DH because she wears exatly the same gear set.

Agreed, I am also surprised sweeping wind got a buff.

I supose that if the snapshoting is corrected in this patch this is the right direction to buf monks damage to similar level that barbs and DH have without nerfing other classes

If they don't change monks pasives, increasing SW & TR damage more monks will consider passives that give spirit regeneration instead of defensive pasives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom