• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

All Uniques and Sets being buffed to 63? That's a brilliant idea. Would definitely make for more interesting drops and gearing paths.

Identify All? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Hate, hate, hate having to identify a full stash for stuff I'm just going to vendor anyway.

Also like the idea of reducing Rare drops.

Now implement these ideas and show us you're good for it Blizzard.

What are the chances of the buff being retroactive?

Rufus

And it reads to me like there are going to be multiple iLevel versions of the same item. Rather unlikely that they're just going to give you a 63 version of whatever low level legendary you have.

turnbuckle

Highly unlikely items will be buffed retroactively. I think it's good for it to be that way even if it makes some of my gear less valuable. My character won't be any weaker but will have more options for upgrades going forward.

And it reads to me like there are going to be multiple iLevel versions of the same item. Rather unlikely that they're just going to give you a 63 version of whatever low level legendary you have.

Exactly.
It'd be a nightmare trying to update all the items that are in the game, equipped on characters / followers, sitting in inventory, stash, and AH completed tab.

turnbuckle

This means its possible to roll a sweet rainbow sword from the land of the ponies? lol

I've seen some around 600 DPS. I can't tell if that was a bug or a result of enemies dropping items with ilvl63 affixes in inferno whimsyshire. Possibly a bug.

I'd love to punch a pony with a 1k DPS burger lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Making legendaries scale with monster level is an interesting idea. Since right now anything below item level X (I don't remember what. 55?) can't even drop in inferno, this will mean a lot more loot variety.

It does, however, also seem like another bandaid fix while they bide their time trying to figure out actual, significant itemization change, assuming those are ever likely to happen.

Cipherr

Making legendaries scale with monster level is an interesting idea. Since right now anything below item level X (I don't remember what. 55?) can't even drop in inferno, this will mean a lot more loot variety.

It does, however, also seem like another bandaid fix while they bide their time trying to figure out actual, significant itemization change, assuming those are ever likely to happen.

I don't know if I would call that a bandaid fix man. A change like that will ripple forward through all new content added to the game. Even if an expansion comes and raises the level cap 20 levels, legendaries being able to scale with monster level will permeate through those 20 new levels.

It seems like a genuinely good and well thought out addition IMO. Low level legendaries are wasted on the treadmill to the level cap. This will give the relevance throughout the entire game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't know if I would call that a bandaid fix man. A change like that will ripple forward through all new content added to the game. Even if an expansion comes and raises the level cap 20 levels, legendaries being able to scale with monster level will permeate through those 20 new levels.

It seems like a genuinely good and well thought out addition IMO. Low level legendaries are wasted on the treadmill to the level cap. This will give the relevance throughout the entire game.

That all may be true, but until we get more concrete information on specific item and mechanic changes, every change like this is still crippled by the fact that itemization is still entirely based around the simplicity of high dps+main stat+crit.

I've seen some around 600 DPS. I can't tell if that was a bug or a result of enemies dropping items with ilvl63 affixes in inferno whimsyshire. Possibly a bug.

I'd love to punch a pony with a 1k DPS burger lol

Yeah it's just an iLVL 63 DMG roll on inferno whimsy. The base DMG roll now is currenly like 40 or somthing like that. I still have the one I found cause I thought it was funny.

bringing up lower level items into the fray will be great though. I don't remember the name of the weapon, but when leveling my WD raticus and I found a 2H staff with dual sockets.

IlludiumQ36

While random really is at the core of Diablo in so many ways this is certainly one of the areas where it has no potential to benefit players. Wizards don't use Strength, Demon Hunters don't use Intelligence so let's just remove those as potential random attributes on Orbs and Quivers respectively.

This is addressing the issue from the wrong side of the problem: I happen to like secondary atts on items as additional affixes. Strength is more armor; Intelligence is more All Resist. It's not that quivers roll Intelligence or Orbs roll Strength - it's that they consistently roll WITHOUT their class primary. Of course, any of these are useless without CC, so what does it really matter?

Vodh

They would need to buff all the existing legendaries to a similar power level and differenciate between them with additional quirks. With the AH being so easily accessible, it's really going to be hard to lure players to underperforming items despite any fun attributes they might offer - is anyone really using three hundredth spear?

Rufus

I see. I never look at it, but I guess the population is just lower. I couldn't sell anything except commodities and gold these past few months either.
That said, I've recently (well, must have been two or more months ago now...) opened my games to the public because I wanted to see what that was like and they filled quickly. Both low and high level hardcore and high level softcore in act 3.

jkanownik

3rd party gold has been dropping like a rock the last week and is now under $0.10 per million. I wonder if they've found an exploit that isn't widely known yet.

Rufus

Maybe it just finally dropped to its actual value. When 1.0.7 came out the gold floor briefly dropped out. The prices then were something like .11€/m.

turnbuckle

3rd party gold has been dropping like a rock the last week and is now under $0.10 per million. I wonder if they've found an exploit that isn't widely known yet.

I'd say that's incredibly likely in combination with the fact that it can be difficult to sell your gold through the AH because so many people are trying to sell theirs at the .25 floor and it ain't moving.

Wolfie5

Ok I've finally caught up on all the responses in every location I could find them! This blog was written a while ago and between when I wrote it and when we released it a lot more relevant ideas came up so I want to mention a couple of them. I'm going to keep this short and to the point so I can get back to working on actually improving the game instead of talking about it. ;)

Below is a list of things that players can hopefully expect to see as soon as patch 1.0.8.

Mob density
Acts 1, 2, and 4 will be receiving some adjustments in Inferno difficulty games. We want to try to make all of the acts as comparable as possible so that players don't feel they always have to farm the same areas of the game repeatedly, diversity is the spice of life.

Multi Craft
We want to make it easier to craft lots of items, so we plan on giving players the ability to specify how many of an item they want to craft and then to make that many. Want to make 20 Archon Shoulders of Dexterity? Cool, push the button and watch it go.

AH tooltip compare
Ever wish you could compare the item you are thinking about buying with the item you are wearing? You want it, we want it, and we hope to have it in game soon.

In addition to the changes we introduce in 1.0.8 we also have longer term plans to address issues that need more attention. I mentioned a lot of these long term plans in the blog and outlined some of our philosophies that will drive the itemization of Diablo forward. One of those ideas that I saw mentioned repeatedly in response to the blog is the fact that class specific items can roll non class appropriate primary stats, we have plans to change this down the road. While random really is at the core of Diablo in so many ways this is certainly one of the areas where it has no potential to benefit players. Wizards don't use Strength, Demon Hunters don't use Intelligence so let's just remove those as potential random attributes on Orbs and Quivers respectively.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8087879561?page=4#76

I really hope they can get that AH tooltip compare for the next patch, should have been there from launch.
Overall, good changes on the way :)

turnbuckle

Is the game still worth getting? Lookin to get into it.

Every update has made the game more worth buying than before it unless you're playing the game to supplement your income or you only enjoy playing with other friends that are still actively playing themselves.

turnbuckle

Wyatt Cheng made a post regarding co-op play and the upcoming patch:

We are looking to improve co-op farming efficiency in 1.0.8. Co-op play in general is a big focus of the 1.0.8 patch and efficiency is definitely one component of that. Co-op is already more efficient for some players, but this is the exception rather than the norm. The degree of co-op efficiency depends heavily on the co-ordination of the party, skill builds, and the relative gear level of the teammates. Since launch we've made some modest changes to encourage co-op play but there's still room to go farther. At the same time, we don't want to go so far as to make multiplayer feel "mandatory" for those who prefer to play solo, but we still want to err on the side of being co-op favorable.

There's also a number of hurdles to co-op play beyond raw efficiency, so we'll be looking to alleviate/solve some of those hurdles too. The Identify All feature in 1.0.8 is an example of this. Sometimes the trip back to town to sort through a bag of gear is enough of a hurdle to make somebody feel playing co-op isn't worth it. Nobody wants to be in the dungeon fighting monsters while your teammate is off in town identifying a full inventory.

Lucis

I tried to get back to it last night... I don't know, finished Act3 inferno on MP6 with out any problem and got a key (not even sure wtf that is)...

I used up the 30 or so mil i had left when i left the game before paragon level was a thing to buy the new op gears, got my wizard to 140k dps (but I think 200k is norm now? lol). Don't even know what the latest cool builds are, went in witht he same old orb/orb tele/hydra/weapon/shield build and things still died pretty fast.

The thing I noticed the most is that, I AM NOT dieing anymore. No more getting hit by random mob once and lose half of your hp (even at decent mitigation)

I am nto sure how hard MP10 would be, but i don't see much difference in how hard mob hitted between MP2 and MP6, maybe just they have more hp?

Cipherr

I tried to get back to it last night... I don't know, finished Act3 inferno on MP6 with out any problem and got a key (not even sure wtf that is)...

I used up the 30 or so mil i had left when i left the game before paragon level was a thing to buy the new op gears, got my wizard to 140k dps (but I think 200k is norm now? lol). Don't even know what the latest cool builds are, went in witht he same old orb/orb tele/hydra/weapon/shield build and things still died pretty fast.

The thing I noticed the most is that, I AM NOT dieing anymore. No more getting hit by random mob once and lose half of your hp (even at decent mitigation)

I am nto sure how hard MP10 would be, but i don't see much difference in how hard mob hitted between MP2 and MP6, maybe just they have more hp?

Nah damage definitely goes up. At MP6 its like 200% damage or something. The huge HP boost gets larger also.

But yeah, providing you bother wearing some resists and armor, the days of being merely grazed by a love tap and getting oneshot are gone.

Nah damage definitely goes up. At MP6 its like 200% damage or something. The huge HP boost gets larger also.

But yeah, providing you bother wearing some resists and armor, the days of being merely grazed by a love tap and getting oneshot are gone.

Which is great

Suairyu

Banned
Finally rolled the Fowl Lair on the Ancient Device, and thus got all exploration achievements for Act II. Saw quite a few repeats before, so I was getting disheartened. Up to 7/10 possible results now, with maybe 5 hours of investment. Levelled up a few times so it has been kind of productive, I guess.

Nervous about the fact it'll likely take another 5 hours to get the remaining 3 results. If it was a matter of none of the results repeating, you could really bang this achievement out from start to finish in maybe 1 hour.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hit p8 last night. I see no reason to power my Paragon leveling. It seems like it would get boring REALLY fast to do nothing but XP runs. I need to start my key farming, but I'm not sure what mp level is efficient. I can solo mp2, but are the key drops too low to make it worth it at that level?

eek5

I hit p8 last night. I see no reason to power my Paragon leveling. It seems like it would get boring REALLY fast to do nothing but XP runs. I need to start my key farming, but I'm not sure what mp level is efficient. I can solo mp2, but are the key drops too low to make it worth it at that level?

You generally want to do as high MP as you can survive. I wouldn't key farm at anything under MP3 personally.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You generally want to do as high MP as you can survive. I wouldn't key farm at anything under MP3 personally.

Word. I'll wait a bit (or find a group of folks to farm with).

Speaking of which, who still plays? Is there an updated list of GAF folk who play still?

Just got back into diablo 3 last night. I had like 70k gold over,from that 70k gold my dps went from 23k to 32k all resistance from 450+ to +-600 stuff is cheap and killed azmodan on inferno.

Doing this upgrade last time would have costed me like 2~3 mil the last time i played. And do recipes drop more now found like 3~4 recipes in like 1.5 hour.

balddemon

Banned
Word. I'll wait a bit (or find a group of folks to farm with).

Speaking of which, who still plays? Is there an updated list of GAF folk who play still?
Once I can sit at my computer for longer than 15 minutes without my leg falling asleep, I'll be playing a lot more. As my leg is now, with all the swelling in my ankle and knee, it's kind of hard to play pc games :(

turnbuckle

Just got back into diablo 3 last night. I had like 70k gold over,from that 70k gold my dps went from 23k to 32k all resistance from 450+ to +-600 stuff is cheap and killed azmodan on inferno.

Doing this upgrade last time would have costed me like 2~3 mil the last time i played. And do recipes drop more now found like 3~4 recipes in like 1.5 hour.

Yeah, they upped the recipe drop rate by something like 400%

Ingeniero

I played some yesterday, but there were too few gamers online, couldn't get into a MP3 act 2 game....
And only 30 people in the general chat... I am a bit worried.

On the positive side, I finally got the Infernal Machine plan and crafted some nice Vitality Bracers.

VALKYRAY

Banned
I just found out they gonna buff low ilevel legendaries. Blizzard fucked me again.
I just spent 800 mil on a lifesteal Echoing Fury.
I guess I can justify it with the fact I sold a rare sword, which I spent 600 mil, for 1 bil. and with the leftover, I bought another axe for main hand. now I'm rocking with dual lifesteal and 200k unbuffed dps. I used to sit on 180k unbuffed forever.

I can't wait to to use i63 sledge fist though, it's gonna be so broken, so BiS for monk.

turnbuckle

I just found out they gonna buff low ilevel legendaries. Blizzard fucked me again.
I just spent 800 mil on a lifesteal Echoing Fury.
I guess I can justify it with the fact I sold a rare sword, which I spent 600 mil, for 1 bil. and with the leftover, I bought another axe for main hand. now I'm rocking with dual lifesteal and 200k unbuffed dps. I used to sit on 180k unbuffed forever.

I can't wait to to use i63 sledge fist though, it's gonna be so broken, so BiS for monk.

How did they fuck you? If you just spent 800 mil on that EF you should be able to turn around and sell it. Seems you made a nice profit, Blizzard blessed you! lol

Anywho, 1.08 needs to hurry up and come out so I can start getting excited for 1.09. The buffed legendaries aren't coming anytime soon

VALKYRAY

Banned
nope, i think that EF was over priced.
also if I were to sell it for 1 bil, blizzard takes 15%, I will only get 850 mil. not worth the try.

turnbuckle

nope, i think that EF was over priced.
also if I were to sell it for 1 bil, blizzard takes 15%, I will only get 850 mil. not worth the try.

So how were you fucked or was that just sarcasm? If they don't do things to improve itemization and the game in general then the player base will keep shrinking and the value of your EF will sink even further anyways :p

--

Now speaking of fucked, It's been a month or so since I placed a bid for 82 or 85m or something like that on an item I lost. I never got a refund. I've contacted customer support 3 times about it over the past several weeks and keep getting the same response. Seeing as how 80m gold now is basically worth less than $10 I've given up caring. It does irritate me when they say "please be patient, there have been no cases of a player not receiving their refund but sometimes it takes longer than expected". I mean, how long do they wait before they stop any pretenses and just say "sorry, things break. better luck next time"?

I'm not even really upset about it anymore, just kinda indifferent. I haven't played the game in weeks and it'll likely be months before I play again anyways. MLB The Show has me by the nuts now lol

Rufus

So how were you fucked or was that just sarcasm? If they don't do things to improve itemization and the game in general then the player base will keep shrinking and the value of your EF will sink even further anyways :pl
I think the idea is that he may have held off on buying the EF if he knew about the legendary buff back then. The Sledge Fist does look interesting. 50% stun on hit could be huge.

Wolfie5

Well, I thought the new blacksmith plans were no good. Seems I was wrong. Very much worth it to craft the "Archon" plans. At least shoulders anyway. Replaced my vile ward pretty quickly. I have only crafted shoulders, about 20 and got 5 that were pretty good. Increased dmg by 5k, and hp by 2k, res got lower though. Might try for a better roll.

Anyone know if the other "archon" plans worth crafting as well? Thinking about trying crafting gloves/bracers next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom