• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Well, I thought the new blacksmith plans were no good. Seems I was wrong. Very much worth it to craft the "Archon" plans. At least shoulders anyway. Replaced my vile ward pretty quickly. I have only crafted shoulders, about 20 and got 5 that were pretty good. Increased dmg by 5k, and hp by 2k, res got lower though. Might try for a better roll.

Anyone know if the other "archon" plans worth crafting as well? Thinking about trying crafting gloves/bracers next.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-crafting-strategy-the-new-archon-items

worth a read

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Speculating about Legendary buffs in respect of that blog post is wasteful at best, because everything about it is incredibly vague.

Buffs aren't on the table for 108.

Beyond the fact that Leoric's Signet is named, there's no indication for which items they have in mind and what any adjustments could be to that item or anything else.

Having 200K sheet DPS with good LS won't become useless no matter what they do. If you've played this game enough by now, you know that essentially all gear deteriorates on a rapid curve no matter what future adjustments are in store.

Svafnir

Beyond the fact that Leoric's Signet is named, there's no indication for which items they have in mind and what any adjustments could be to that item or anything else.

I thought it was confirmed that all legendarily will be able to drop in Inferno. Although I can't seem to find the quote right now, just the fact that high level legendaries will be downgraded and drop at lower level difficulties also.

Although I agree the itemization talk is a bit earlier, I am more curious to see what all is coming in 1.08 first.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
In the future, we plan to allow Legendary items to also roll their base stats (weapon DPS and armor value) at the level of the monster that dropped them.
They may drop in Inferno, but this wording leaves plenty of room for them to do nothing to current lower level legendaries other than to allow their damage and armor rolls to match monster level.

My point is that it isn't particularly beneficial to judge or withhold current purchases on the possibility of buffs, as opposed to what any specific buffs are once they're in fact confirmed.

RivalCore

I feel I'm being trolled by the game lately. All my legendary drops (12+) have been the same 3 items; Ivory Tower, some might belt and some 2handed axe.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
That thread's just for posting the questions. They'll pick a few and answer them in a separate blog in a week or two.

eek5

That thread's just for posting the questions. They'll pick a few and answer them in a separate blog in a week or two.

Ooh I see. If any of you posts a question and needs some thumbs up feel free to post it. I doubt they're going to answer anything that isn't a softball question though

Raticus79

Ooh I see. If any of you posts a question and needs some thumbs up feel free to post it. I doubt they're going to answer anything that isn't a softball question though

Yeah, we didn't have much luck in the last one, but it's worth a shot at least. Better than letting those slots fill up with more variations on "Here's my question: why does itemization suck so bad in your crappy game?"

Dreavus

Itemization "ask the devs" on now:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8197580149?page=1#1

Edit: people were ready this time, heh, at least I made it to page 2.

Would this be worth a new thread in Gaming? (I can't make one, but I imagine lots of people would like the chance to ask a question on this topic since it's so fundamental)

Interesting. I was picking through some of those questions, and I did not know about the whole "black" weapon thing. That seems like a big design oversight to me.

Raticus79

For those thinking about making 0 cooldown dogs WD, hold off until after the patch to buy homunculus I'd say... there should be a lot more available for better prices, and they'll have much better damage.

IceMarker

Finally tried out Ubers (Yes, I'm LTTP, I haven't tirelessly farmed keys at high MP like some of you.) last night with a pal of mine, we ran all 3 sets of bosses twice and I only got 2 fangs, 1 eye, and 0 spines. :/
If anyone wants to help me run Ubers again, I'll be on all day today so add me! I want a Hellfire Ring!

IceMarker#1172

Raticus79

Finally tried out Ubers (Yes, I'm LTTP, I haven't tirelessly farmed keys at high MP like some of you.) last night with a pal of mine, we ran all 3 sets of bosses twice and I only got 2 fangs, 1 eye, and 0 spines. :/
If anyone wants to help me run Ubers again, I'll be on all day today so add me! I want a Hellfire Ring!

IceMarker#1172

There are lots of higher level players willing to do mp10 carries in exchange for you providing the machines. (More willing to do it for gold)

http://www.reddit.com/r/InfernalMachine

MrDaravon

There are lots of higher level players willing to do mp10 carries in exchange for you providing the machines. (More willing to do it for gold)

http://www.reddit.com/r/InfernalMachine

The fact that there is a dedicated reddit board for this totally kills me.

I do need to do that at some point though, or hit people up here. I play really sporadically, but as an odd side effect of that I have like 9 or 10 machines or something ridiculous, but no one's ever on when I am so I just keep slowly accumulating keys lol. I've only actually made two rings, and they're both pretty meh, doesn't really matter since for farm gear it's fine, but I should really try to make some better ones.

Could anyone recommend a few upgrades for my barb? Not sure where to start.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DTKT-1966/hero/2065690

Also, I'm a bit stumped with pricing a few items I just got. To be honest, I'm not quite sure if they are even worth anything. Please ignore anything after the first 4 pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/t4Vv1

You could start crafting bracers and hope for the best.

The ones I'm wearing now were crafted on my second or third try. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/soxinthebox-6939/hero/5154300

eek5

The fact that there is a dedicated reddit board for this totally kills me.

I do need to do that at some point though, or hit people up here. I play really sporadically, but as an odd side effect of that I have like 9 or 10 machines or something ridiculous, but no one's ever on when I am so I just keep slowly accumulating keys lol. I've only actually made two rings, and they're both pretty meh, doesn't really matter since for farm gear it's fine, but I should really try to make some better ones.

What kind of MP can you handle? I have like 15 machines or something as well. We'd be better off finding 2 more people and running like MP7 instead of just paying someone machines to carry.

jkanownik

Thanks to the arbitrage now available, I have 3 machines I'll never use. I spend all my time in the auction house. Send me an invite and I'll be happy to open them up in a game for you.

jkanownik#1671

Cipherr

What kind of MP can you handle? I have like 15 machines or something as well. We'd be better off finding 2 more people and running like MP7 instead of just paying someone machines to carry.

I have 6 machines and I would go. I normally do MP5, but I can handle MP7.

Thanks to the arbitrage now available, I have 3 machines I'll never use. I spend all my time in the auction house. Send me an invite and I'll be happy to open them up in a game for you.

jkanownik#1671

If you all do this let me in on it! Cipherr#1757

MrDaravon

I actually don't even know, I'm usually just doing MP1/2 farming runs while listening to podcasts, I haven't actually made any attempt to "push" myself in months. In a group I'd imagine I could handle at least MP5 if not higher. With my real gear my unbuffed DPS is 192k, with Steady Aim active (DH here) it's about 240k. 400-500 all resists and 45k HP.

I actually don't even know, I'm usually just doing MP1/2 farming runs while listening to podcasts, I haven't actually made any attempt to "push" myself in months. In a group I'd imagine I could handle at least MP5 if not higher. With my real gear my unbuffed DPS is 192k, with Steady Aim active (DH here) it's about 240k. 400-500 all resists and 45k HP.

with 192k damage you should def be able to do higher than MP5 :)

Cipherr

So someone on the official forums asked about selling UnID items on the Auction house.

Blizzard rep Travis Day said:
I have heard this come up on a couple of occasions so let me hop in and clarify for you guys. Selling and buying UnID items is certainly something some people enjoy doing, even given the potential for scamming. The reason we don't really want to reinforce this is because we are really trying to refocus the game away from the auction house in general so we don't want to add even more reasons for people to rely on it.

What we would be more likely to consider doing is concepts like Gheed from D2 where you have the ability to spend gold in game to "pull the lever" for good items while giving you some control over what the item you get will be.

I say gatdamn at the highlighted. They are really shifting their stance on the AH completely. Its good to hear, but something must have really rattled them to do such an about face like this.

eek5

So someone on the official forums asked about selling UnID items on the Auction house.

I say gatdamn at the highlighted. They are really shifting their stance on the AH completely. Its good to hear, but something must have really rattled them to do such an about face like this.

My guess is it's due to botters with endless banks completely controlling the AH. If people can gear up without having to rely on it then they cut the botters out since they apparently can't do anything to stop them.

MrDaravon

This random as fuck, but a friend and I actually had a monopoly on a Kubara (?) Wood in Phantasy Star Universe on PS2 and then later 360 for a good while. It was kind of hilarious. The item was relatively uncommon but not highly in demand; but it was needed just enough for a few things where most people would just throw them up at a few hundred or 1-2k meseta at the both. We just bought everything that wasn't obscenely priced (people would throw stuff up in shops for 9999999 for I don't know why) and would throw it up in bulk at certain points. So literally no shops would have them except us, and we would throw several hundred up at a time. It was relatively profitable, but we mostly did it just to fuck with people. Good times.

Suairyu

Banned
Got the Wheel of Misfortune achievement, just by idly playing for 10 minutes every day.

At a guess, probably only had to spawn the thing 25-30 times to get all 10 possible outcomes. Pretty happy about that.

neoism

Got the Wheel of Misfortune achievement, just by idly playing for 10 minutes every day.

At a guess, probably only had to spawn the thing 25-30 times to get all 10 possible outcomes. Pretty happy about that.

lol mind blown never even knew about the ancient device does it not spawn every time... 400 hours played lol... I don't play much act 2 though...

Suairyu

Banned
lol mind blown never even knew about the ancient device does it not spawn every time... 400 hours played lol... I don't play much act 2 though...
It's pretty simple to farm, really. Maybe the easiest one I've done so far. It can only spawn in one of two locations in the Desolate Sands: a couple of screens north-east of the entrance and a couple of screens south-west of the bridge to Zultan Kulle's archive.

Just do 'Scourging of Caldeum', warp to Zultan Kulle's archive, head south into Desolate Sands (only need to go a couple of screens to know if it's spawned or not), warp to Ancient Path, head north into Desolate Sands (again, only a couple of screens), town teleport, quit game, repeat.

That above farm run takes maybe three minutes, if that. Use a Wizard with Diamond Skin and Storm Armour and just run past all the mobs.

I'd say the Ancient Device spawns maybe 20%-25% of the time.

Got the HotS CE the other day and booted up Diablo to check out the Kerrigan blades.

They're pretty neat. Still would need to be compelled to actually play more Diablo at this point to enjoy them much though. Was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a cool sprout/grow animation out of your back when you turn them on/off, but neither does the angelic wings from the D3 CE.

IceMarker

Got the HotS CE the other day and booted up Diablo to check out the Kerrigan blades.

They're pretty neat. Still would need to be compelled to actually play more Diablo at this point to enjoy them much though. Was a bit disappointed that they didn't have a cool sprout/grow animation out of your back when you turn them on/off, but neither does the angelic wings from the D3 CE.

Uh... I've seen both do exactly those things.

IceMarker

Just broke my record for highest sold item in gold. So fucking happy right now!
A1cuYBw.png

BPC3prX.jpg

--

They just sort of appear/disappear for me. Unless you're seeing something I haven't or we just have different interpretations of the same thing. I was hoping for something more elaborate.

At least my DIII CE wings seems to "grow" out from the back...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
It was hurtful to spend 2 million in the infernal machine plan, but I finally have an infernal machine. 2 more to go lol
Please make a point to message me (Ammostiel#1897) when you see me online.

I tend to have a few friends on at any time, and we easily give you an Uber run at practically any MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom