• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

That's why i do 60-70 second runs in Crypt of Ancients at MP8 recently ;)

Just tried that, got this on my first CotA run on MP8 lol

Qx4T1I6.jpg

So close to godlike, wish it had a socket :( Having a hard time pricing it, it's damage is on the high end as well as well as the fear % and LoH and it has the max + attacks, but I can't search by the + attack. As far as I could tell it could be worth anywhere from a few million to 100+, I'll probably just toss it up with no buyout or something. Is the attack speed % at all valued on these? I know the + # of attack is.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Seems like it'd be a great intermediate offhand for a WW Barb. Damage is high, IAS directly augments the +0.25, and the LOH is high.

On the subject of pricing, that 134 dex tri ring earlier should be at least 50M, based on what I've seen today. I purchased two rings for 25M, searching on 80dex/8ias/4cc/30cd. The next one after that was 80M. 134 dex is a really great roll and the socket will only help the user drive it higher.

RivalCore

Just tried that, got this on my first CotA run on MP8 lol

Qx4T1I6.jpg

So close to godlike, wish it had a socket :( Having a hard time pricing it, it's damage is on the high end as well as well as the fear % and LoH and it has the max + attacks, but I can't search by the + attack. As far as I could tell it could be worth anywhere from a few million to 100+, I'll probably just toss it up with no buyout or something. Is the attack speed % at all valued on these? I know the + # of attack is.

No socket, no life steal, no crit damage and max fear. Don't think it's the big score you're hoping it is.

MrDaravon

No socket, no life steal, no crit damage and max fear. Don't think it's the big score you're hoping it is.

Neither do I, I just literally can't tell if I should put it up for 5 million or 25 or whatever. I'll probably just toss it up for some relatively unreasonable buyout for a few days and assuming I don't get lucky off that I'll just put it up on friday with no buyout. No big deal either way, any upgrades for me are 100+ million now so it's a moot point for me.

In either case, I'm just more amused that I got that on my very first go at a CotA run, which I didn't even know was a thing.

Tarazet

Neither do I, I just literally can't tell if I should put it up for 5 million or 25 or whatever. I'll probably just toss it up for some relatively unreasonable buyout for a few days and assuming I don't get lucky off that I'll just put it up on friday with no buyout. No big deal either way, any upgrades for me are 100+ million at this point so it's a moot point for me.

In either case, I'm just more amused that I got that on my very first go at a CotA run, which I didn't even know was a thing.

It looks like a Brimstone to me.

kennah

Neither do I, I just literally can't tell if I should put it up for 5 million or 25 or whatever. I'll probably just toss it up for some relatively unreasonable buyout for a few days and assuming I don't get lucky off that I'll just put it up on friday with no buyout. No big deal either way, any upgrades for me are 100+ million now so it's a moot point for me.

I'll give you two million for it. Need a low mp offhand :p

Zvolen12

Neo Member
So my I feel a little stuck in progression with my Monk; most upgrades are expensive not to mention require other changes to do so. The problem is I don't have a lot of gold to make these changes so I was going to do some AH flipping and wanted to know an item that sells often that I could focus on. I thought it would be best to have a common item since people may undervalue and so that it sells quickly as well, any ideas?

eek5

So my I feel a little stuck in progression with my Monk; most upgrades are expensive not to mention require other changes to do so. The problem is I don't have a lot of gold to make these changes so I was going to do some AH flipping and wanted to know an item that sells often that I could focus on. I thought it would be best to have a common item since people may undervalue and so that it sells quickly as well, any ideas?

You know all those expensive items that you need to upgrade? Yeah, those. What you do is you search for them so you can upgrade but along the way you'll run across all kinds of miss-priced shit so you buy that stuff and sell it for the "correct" market price. BAM you just flipped some auctions. Now you're a billionaire with 100mil in equipment but who cares because flipping 500mil items on the AH is way more exhilarating than actually playing the game.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
You know all those expensive items that you need to upgrade? Yeah, those. What you do is you search for them so you can upgrade but along the way you'll run across all kinds of miss-priced shit so you buy that stuff and sell it for the "correct" market price. BAM you just flipped some auctions. Now you're a billionaire with 100mil in equipment but who cares because flipping 500mil items on the AH is way more exhilarating than actually playing the game.

I am not sure if that was said with tongue in cheek but won't I need to start with a smaller 'bankroll' to do that, I doubt people mis-price stuff worth 10-50m for 100-300k which is what I have, or even 1M. Am I wrong?

eek5

I am not sure if that was said with tongue in cheek but won't I need to start with a smaller 'bankroll' to do that, I doubt people mis-price stuff worth 10-50m for 100-300k which is what I have, or even 1M. Am I wrong?

You can flip all kinds of stuff. I've bought items worth 2-3 mil for 50-80k on bids before. Flipping on the low end is pretty shitty though. You should be crafting bracers, shoulders, gloves and trying to get upgrades there. Sell any rares you're wearing after you do that. That lets you focus on spending just on key pieces (helm, chest, belt, pants, weapons) and jewelery for the most part.

Going from 1m to 15m on flips is going to be really hard wheras going from like 100m to 200m will require a fraction of the amount of flips.

I don't think there is nearly enough volume on the AH to specifically target stats to flip. If you want an idea of something you could do is flip low to mid-end jewelery. Win it on bids (no one bids on low end shit) and then flip it for mils. I don't think it's worth the effort though.

and yes I was being tongue-in-cheek lol

ElyrionX

You can flip all kinds of stuff. I've bought items worth 2-3 mil for 50-80k on bids before. Flipping on the low end is pretty shitty though. You should be crafting bracers, shoulders, gloves and trying to get upgrades there. Sell any rares you're wearing after you do that. That lets you focus on spending just on key pieces (helm, chest, belt, pants, weapons) and jewelery for the most part.

Going from 1m to 15m on flips is going to be really hard wheras going from like 100m to 200m will require a fraction of the amount of flips.

I don't think there is nearly enough volume on the AH to specifically target stats to flip. If you want an idea of something you could do is flip low to mid-end jewelery. Win it on bids (no one bids on low end shit) and then flip it for mils. I don't think it's worth the effort though.

To be frank, I've had way more fun doing AH flipping in recent days than playing my wiz. I am so sick of the SNS build.

Also, it's a lot more efficient accumulating wealth via AH trading as compared to farming.

jkanownik

Recent flips, all going from winning completed auctions to me selling at buyouts:

199,000 -> 1,104,999
22,050 -> 7,649,999
100,00 -> 3,309,999
1,465 -> 424,999
52,500 -> 849,999
400,000 -> 1,699,999
117,385 -> 764,999
1,508 -> 679,999
10,500 -> 1,104,999
126,000 -> 2,549,999

Zvolen12

Neo Member

Thanks for the response-- thats technically where I am at. I've made shoulders, bracers and gloves will be hard to replace but then again I even need a few million to craft which just seems like it takes a long time to accumulate.

If that is not the way to go then is farming for gold the best option early on? I'll attempt to look at the low-mid end jewelry. I was just hoping I could find a few specific legendaries and learn the market price on those and try to but for around 100-500k then sell for over a 1M a few times to get started.

I thought I since a little bit of that, just didn't want to misinterpret your post. heh!

jkanownik - That was similar to what I was thinking of doing, did you focus on a certain item?

Liferebooted - Nice!

jkanownik

jkanownik - That was similar to what I was thinking of doing, did you focus on a certain item?

Yes. The narrower the market you're looking at the better you'll get. It works best when you're looking at the items you're used to playing with in game. Keep in mind I'm losing 75%+ of the auctions I bid on, so you have to bid on a lot to win at those low prices.

Personally I find it is more efficient to just buy gold from resellers. I'm just playing around with my loose change in the gold AH after the big transactions.

eek5

We’re looking to tone down the fire pool damage on Blazing Guardians in patch 1.0.8. The change should also make their damage a little more consistent, and make it easier for players to anticipate and react.

yes! finally

Shifty76

VoTA no longer going to hold the most terribly baddy in the game?

Huzzah!

My monk can tank multiple MP10 lasers, desecrate pools and molten pools without a care in the world, but even on MP5-6 those fire guardians wreck her in seconds.

Maybe I'll actually go back to VotA to get stacks before hitting up MP10 KW now.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Wait, are those the Fire Constructs? The 4-legged spider-like creatures that throw fireballs that create pools of fire where they hit?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yes, the 4-legged flame chucking spider guys. Those guys are the bane of monks everywhere, I think. Sweeping wind works like a smoke screen for us and it's way harder to notice those ground effects.

Huzzah!

My monk can tank multiple MP10 lasers, desecrate pools and molten pools without a care in the world, but even on MP5-6 those fire guardians wreck her in seconds.

Maybe I'll actually go back to VotA to get stacks before hitting up MP10 KW now.

It's wild how much damage they do. I'm actually fine with the damage, but at least make other attacks I face throughout the game on par with this one. It just felt so random that some mob on act II is the hardest in the game.

Illusionist / Horde packs of those things are brutal. There's like 20 fireballs flying at you at all times.

eek5

MrDaravon

I like how the Boar pet (which could in theory be a big boon to the DH) is still completely fucking useless since it dies so easy, and unlike a guest/companion when they die they're totally gone so you lose the bonuses and you have to call it again. Losing 15% of your resistances in the middle of combat is bad, especially since half of the time you can't even tell the thing is dead, and even if you notice it you have to respend the Disc to call it back. So stupid.

inky

WTF @ those demon hunter changes. Mediocre as hell. And Barbs continue to get changes that look great.

Well, buffing Inspiring Presence makes sense to encourage more group play together with the [still] upcoming changes. I don't know how much the Invigorate rune is used (I've used it now and then), but 310 health regen was barely noticeable, so the change makes sense (10% life was still good if you had your resistance covered already with gear, which is the main thing people using War Cry go for).

Velocity

I just like the fact that we are getting constant buffs instead of nerfs. It would be sweet if they reversed the proc changes that happened however many patches ago. I watched a video from a year ago of people playing inferno Act 2 with, at the time, relatively good gear. The way the game looks from then and now is so vastly different. It also makes it more clear to see how D3 also just has so many quick-fix solutions in it right now.

On another note, I finally broke 100k unbuffed paper DPS the other day on my Wiz. Yay?

XShagrath

Anyone here on US servers able to run Infernal Machines on MP10? I've got six machines and would like some people to help me through. I use a CM wiz /w 111K DPS. I can handle MP7/8 pretty well solo.

I wouldn't be able to do it tonight, but am available all weekend, for the most part.

Velocity

Guys, girl... guys. I'm going to try playing Hardcore. What should I start out as? I'm thinking Witch Doctor, buuuuut I'm open to suggestions.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Anyone here on US servers able to run Infernal Machines on MP10? I've got six machines and would like some people to help me through. I use a CM wiz /w 111K DPS. I can handle MP7/8 pretty well solo.

I wouldn't be able to do it tonight, but am available all weekend, for the most part.

Violentine#1122
add me

Cipherr

I have 6 machines as well. Cipherr#1757

Id be willing to come and try to help and contribute machines. I was interested in doing some MP7 runs for them though. I have about 125k dps on my DH. I have never done them. If you have a time in mind I may be up for it.

XShagrath

Sounds like we might have a group of four going. I sent requests to all you guys.

I'm on Eastern time, and am a morning person, so I usually go to bed by 10-11PM. I'll be available pretty much any time today or tomorrow. I'll keep checking back here and see if we can get something together. Thanks.

MrDaravon

I'm not sure how much I'll be around this weekend, but I can participate in some machine runs, I have a slightly hilarious amount of machines (like 20 maybe?). Fair warning though, I've only done the boss fights like 3 times right when they were first introduced, so apologies in advance if I suck :p. I've only ever made 2 rings haha.

US - MrDaravon#1289

Well shit, congratulations mate. Never listen to anyone on Gaf...ever!

To be fair I was shocked as well; that was my hilarious buyout price I put up. I got on Friday after work to list it as an auction with no buyout and it had sold sometime between Thursday night and Friday night. No idea. I was expecting to maaaaybe get like 20-30 million, if that.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Me and my buddy(cm wiz) can only carry 2 at a time. I cannot carry 3 players myself. What you guys wanna do.
I'm available around 10 pm est every night

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Patch 105 introduced the Hellfire Ring.

The Hellfire Ring is a crafted item made at the jeweler. The player has the choice to focus on Str, Dex, Int, or Vit. The ring will roll 170-200 of the chosen stat, four other random affixes, a low chance to shoot a fireball, and gives the player 35% bonus experience gain. The Hellfire Ring has no level requirement, so a brand new character can wear one.

The plan to craft the Hellfire Ring is purchased from Squirt the Peddler in Act 2 for 2 million gold.

The Hellfire Ring requires one Vengeful Eye, one Withering Spine, and one Demonic Fang to be crafted. These organs are dropped from three new uber boss fights. The Eye comes from the fight with Siegebreaker and Zoltun Kulle. The Spine comes from the fight with the Skeleton King and Magda. The Fang comes from the fight with Ghom and Rakanoth.

Accessing these three boss fights requires opening a portal with an Infernal Machine.

Crafting an Infernal Machine requires three keys and the crafting plan to make it. One of each of the three keys can drop from a keywarden which are found in Acts 1, 2, and 3. The plan to make the Infernal Machine is dropped from the Act 4 keywarden.

The percentage chance for keys and organs to drop is 5% at Monster Power 0 and a multiple of 10% for every Monster Power above 0, meaning that the drops are 100% at Monster Power 10.

The ability to have high primary rolls and bonus experience was significant in 105, but the changes to experience gain with this and previous patches have dramatically reduced the Hellfire Ring's importance. Regardless, it's at least something to do in the game other than identify vendor trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom