• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shouta

You might get something for it when someone wants to level a new char but it's not really worth much otherwise.

For weapons, Life Steal, Crit Damage, and A Socket are the big things in addition to the primary stat/VIT for whatever job can use it. Those will be your big ticket items.

for 2 handers, your Life Steal roll is a bit low and the DPS isn't particularly high for a weapon like that so it's a bit bad but for folks leveling, it'spretty nice actually because of the Lvl Requirement reduction.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Buffs!

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1685-ptr-patch-update-a-few-skill-updates/

----------------------------------------------
Demon Hunter

Rapid Fire Cost: 20 Hatred initially, and an additional 10 6 Hatred while channeling / Rapidly fire for 276 438% weapon damage as Physical.

Bombardment : Rapidly fire grenades that explode for 345 414% weapon damage as Fire to all enemies within a 4 8 yard radius.

Fire Support : While channeling Rapid Fire, launch 2 homing rockets every second. Each rocket deals 35 145% weapon damage as Physical to nearby targets.

Withering Fire : Reduces the initial Hatred cost to 5 10, and ignites your arrows, causing them to deal Fire damage.

Witch Doctor

Firebats Cost:98 221 Mana initially, and an additional 98 66 Mana while channeling / Call forth a swarm of fiery bats to burn enemies in front of you for 180% weapon damage as Fire.

Wizard

Disintegrate Cost: 18 Arcane Power / Thrust a beam of pure energy forward, dealing 170 220% weapon damage as Arcane and disintegrating enemies it kills.

Intensify : Damage increases slowly over time to inflict a maximum of 221 286% weapon damage as Arcane.

Entropy : The beam fractures into a short-ranged cone that deals 196 253% weapon damage as Arcane.

Arcane Torrent Cost: 16 Arcane Power / Hurl a barrage of arcane projectiles that deal 210 285% weapon damage as Arcane to all enemies near the impact location.

Cascade : Enemies killed by Arcane Torrent have a 100% chance to fire a new missile at a nearby enemy dealing 210 285% weapon damage as Arcane.

Arcane Mines : Instead of firing projectiles, lay Arcane mines that arm after 2 seconds. These mines explode when an enemy approaches, dealing 180 340% weapon damage as Arcane. Enemies caught in the explosion have their movement and attack speeds reduced by 30% for 3 seconds.
----------------------------------------------

Fire Bats changed to have higher mana cost up front and lower channeling cost. Damage will also be increased. (reddit)

neoism

so guys I asked this a few pages back didn't get and answer...al blizz ever says if it altars files in the game or whatever it is a no no but sweetfx doesn't and was still wondering I've used Darker D3 pixel Shader since the launch of the game and even Jay W said somewhere that it was cool and ok, well I decided to use Sweetfx 1.3 with D3 and it looks awesome... I like color in my games and I was just wondering if anyone knows if its bannable even though it similar to DarkD3
iNmCOnYH8kcUG.bmp

iQEAleNsnoMbI.bmp
having SMAA is night and day to the in game anti-aliasing

also finally sold my Echo fury... :( for 14mil bought it drunk as a mofo last year for 35mil :(

MrDaravon

Finally the buffs DH have been waiting for! Class FIXED! lol

At this point I almost hope that they never address the DH's issues so I can play the martyr card.

so guys I asked this a few pages back didn't get and answer...al blizz ever says if it altars files in the game or whatever it is a no no but sweetfx doesn't and was still wondering I've used Darker D3 pixel Shader since the launch of the game and even Jay W said somewhere that it was cool and ok, well I decided to use Sweetfx 1.3 with D3 and it looks awesome... I like color in my games and I was just wondering if anyone knows if its bannable even though it similar to DarkD3

having SMAA is night and day to the in game anti-aliasing

also finally sold my Echo fury... :( for 14mil bought it drunk as a mofo last year for 35mil :(

As far as I know all they've ever said is that they're not banning for any 3rd party program use right now, but that it is technically against the TOS so that may change. You're probably okay, but no one will ever be able to tell you that with 100% authority.

neoism

At this point I almost hope that they never address the DH's issues so I can play the martyr card.

As far as I know all they've ever said is that they're not banning for any 3rd party program use right now, but that it is technically against the TOS so that may change. You're probably okay, but no one will ever be able to tell you that with 100% authority.

k thanks, I even asked on the D3 forums but of course no answer they act like a yes or no answer costs money or something :p. Jay said Darkd3 was fine so if they ever do decide to be asses about it they should at least give us a warning first, but it doesn't change or altar the files of the game in anyway, just changes what I see on my screen. so not sure why they would be asses about it in the first place.. blizz will be blizz lol Darkd3 was out the first few weeks of the game any way, used it ever since, but sweetfx1.3 is waay better.. really hope 1.0.8 will hold my interests for a while..

tirminyl

I think I am going to try to play this again after several months of no action. Just saw that PvP was released in a search finding patch notes.

This will be fun. I had a lvl 20 (I think) Wizard, and a 60 WD.

GorillaJu

Just picked up the game again a few days ago. Having fun farming keys and such. I really like the addition of Monster Power, though it seems Demon Hunters are horribly out of favor.

That said, I wanted to look for a little advice. I see people talking about having 100k, 200k, even 600k+ DPS on their characters, and I'm stuck on a measly 68k. Yet when I load up the auction house, I have to be looking at billions of gold it seems, to get any real significant increase on my weapon (1070 dps Calamity). Are there any uhh.. tips or things that might be common to miss, or quick and easy upgrades that I might be missing here?

Here is my profile. Would really like if someone could take a cursory glance and let me know if theres something obvious I'm missing...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BaconOfHope-1691/hero/28690

smiggyRT

Just picked up the game again a few days ago. Having fun farming keys and such. I really like the addition of Monster Power, though it seems Demon Hunters are horribly out of favor.

That said, I wanted to look for a little advice. I see people talking about having 100k, 200k, even 600k+ DPS on their characters, and I'm stuck on a measly 68k. Yet when I load up the auction house, I have to be looking at billions of gold it seems, to get any real significant increase on my weapon (1070 dps Calamity). Are there any uhh.. tips or things that might be common to miss, or quick and easy upgrades that I might be missing here?

Here is my profile. Would really like if someone could take a cursory glance and let me know if theres something obvious I'm missing...

Your crit chance is very low for a DH. You want to be looking at around 45+.

Maybe look at a cheap Andariel's Visage for your Helm, an amulet with at least crit damage and crit chance.

Your movement speed is capped at 25 but right now your stacking 36, my recommendation be to lose the Lacuni Prowlers and craft your own bracers. It'll work out cheaper for a much better item than you have now. You need to craft better gloves as well, something with Dex, Crit Chance and Crit Damage as a minimum.

After that look at a cheapish Manticore for your main weapon and see how they compare to the Calamity you have equipped.

You can take a look at my profile if you want an idea of where to head for DPS, but my character doesn't have a lot of EHP. The Shoulders, gloves and bracers are all crafted on my guy.

neoism

lol goddamn blizz deleted my post about sweetfx SMFH

-______-

yeah I seem to always get interested in the damn game about 3 weeks before a patch then when the patch hits my excitement for it is gone after like 2 hours of playing... :/

eek5

Here is my budget DH:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/14698540

Here is the build I'm using:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/wiki/clustergrenades

Don't worry about your Calamity. Yours is way better than mine. You have some really nice pieces but your crit%/critd is low. I don't really know your budget so I'll just link some stuff I think is cheapish.

First thing I would do is get a new DML. You can get 20% ASI/10% crit ones for under 600k and super high vit ones w/ 20/9.5 for under 3 mil (I see one with 280 vit right now for 2mil!)

TkyJKZ5.png

(2m)

Next I'd get a witching hour. For these I'll do a search for armor/alltypes/legendary then filter out by Dex, Int, ASI, CritD. Search for 60 dex, 8 asi, 48 critd and you should be only seeing witching hours. Be a bit patient here; you should be able to get a good one for under 5-6mil. I don't know why people have such a hard-on for the 9% asi ones since 8%/45+ critd is usually better than the 9/35 ones people buyout.

Next, get a new amulet.

EPTVY1G.png

(2.2m)

Something like this will increase your DPS probably and the LoH will help you sustain.

After that you need to craft new gloves. You want trifecta (hah) but at least asi/crit or crit/crit. You're probably better off crafting rare bracers for now or going for a cheap rare w/ crit%. Then craft bracers and shoulders.

A couple other things: Getting 190 dex nats boots should be pretty cheap (under 2.5m) and will make up for dex you lose on an amulet. 9% nats pants shouldn't be bad either. I'd probably go with vit over 25 res

Talaysen

Next I'd get a witching hour. For these I'll do a search for armor/alltypes/legendary then filter out by Dex, Int, ASI, CritD. Search for 60 dex, 8 asi, 48 critd and you should be only seeing witching hours. Be a bit patient here; you should be able to get a good one for under 5-6mil. I don't know why people have such a hard-on for the 9% asi ones since 8%/45+ critd is usually better than the 9/35 ones people buyout.

For some classes and builds, every point of attack speed counts. CM Wizards generally want that 1%, or they'll have to get it elsewhere.

Of course I just waited to get a 9/50. Sometimes they'll go up for relatively cheap but you have to be patient.

Ingeniero

Well I bought 4 radiant star emeralds for $1.4 each, kept one for Skorn and sold the other ones for 21 million gold each, lol talk about profit.

Now I have enough gold to build my alts :D

Ingeniero

Yeah 1.4 dollars.
Considering 1 million gold costs about 0.25 dollar, the buy/sell gems is an excellent way of making gold.

I tried mp7 today and I did just fine. About 50 million exp per hour; cool!

Xevren

Finally home and wanted to play too. I am just not destined to play this game this week. Had internet outages on Monday and now some log in issues today. Bah!

Insaniac

can someone explain IAS to me? I've been avoiding it somewhat because I heard it is just an artifical inflation of your sheet DPS? (I use a wizard) so for example am I actually doing more damage with blizzard, or wicked wind, or hydra? Or does it only count for spells that actually rely on casting time? Does it increase damage for channeled spells? I know it increases the number of ticks, but it also increases the arcane power used while channeling.

I'm asking because I don't know how much more I can increase my actual DPS without buying more IAS gear

HenryHSH

no clue but i'm sniping all the auctions by myself over here!

lol nice

can someone explain IAS to me? I've been avoiding it somewhat because I heard it is just an artifical inflation of your sheet DPS? (I use a wizard) so for example am I actually doing more damage with blizzard, or wicked wind, or hydra? Or does it only count for spells that actually rely on casting time? Does it increase damage for channeled spells? I know it increases the number of ticks, but it also increases the arcane power used while channeling.

I'm asking because I don't know how much more I can increase my actual DPS without buying more IAS gear

Got these from a post on the official forum

Proc Ratio
Wicked Wind Breakpoints

edit: From the threads I've read, Hydra is affected by IAS but I'm getting conflicting threads about Blizzard. Tons of threads but they all have 1-5 posts and not much to go on.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4309854006
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6443224429

GorillaJu

Hey guys thanks for the kind advice. I'll look at your recs and see what I can afford. I came across an Echoing Fury that I sold for 9m so I do have a little bit here and there to spend.

One thing I can't do is use Manticore. I just love that 2.8 aps Im getting right now... I know a two-socket Manti can do insane numbers but I made a DH to flip around and throw knives and have a wolf pet, not to sit back and snipe.

So umm I put 375 hours into my demon hunter, used 2 1handers, did mp5 mostly 145k dps.

Rerolled a monk (2hander wave of light), played 38 hours 103k damage although with my skills + stone of jordan + spirit regen that number is meaningless. Pinched a few items from my DH and spent about 8m on the AH. I can solo mp7 easily. With my DH I had to be careful about dodging shit, monk is trivial in comparison.

I had no idea how shit the DH is, geez.

neoism

So umm I put 375 hours into my demon hunter, used 2 1handers, did mp5 mostly 145k dps.

Rerolled a monk (2hander wave of light), played 38 hours 103k damage although with my skills + stone of jordan + spirit regen that number is meaningless. Pinched a few items from my DH and spent about 8m on the AH. I can solo mp7 easily. With my DH I had to be careful about dodging shit, monk is trivial in comparison.

wish I could get back in to them... haven't really played them since 1.0.6 so not sure how awesome the buffs last patch were... barbs are so awesome because of sprint... monks should have like 50% movement speed :/ at least they walk soo slow :(
even my monk like this can do mp4 without dieing to much lol
dat loh
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357 would be at least pl 50 if I wouldn't have played her so much before PLs :/

wish I could get back in to them... haven't really played them since 1.0.6 so not sure how awesome the buffs last patch were... barbs are so awesome because of sprint... monks should have like 50% movement speed :/ at least they walk soo slow :(
even my monk like this can do mp4 without dieing to much lol
dat loh
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/neoism-1506/hero/1516357 would be at least pl 50 if I wouldn't have played her so much before PLs :/

Well with my setup I have Tempest rush with tailwind, have enough spirit regen that I can use it for a very very long time.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrPing1000-2310/hero/26082071 thats me.

Been wanting to play Diablo III for a while(actually pre-ordered the collector's edition but when I got screwed out of it I didn't buy it) and with all the patches it seems like a good time to jump in. My question is if the game is going to be on sale any time soon. If not I might just wait for the PS4 version, which hopefully has rebalanced loot because of the lack of RMAH.

zulfate

Been wanting to play Diablo III for a while(actually pre-ordered the collector's edition but when I got screwed out of it I didn't buy it) and with all the patches it seems like a good time to jump in. My question is if the game is going to be on sale any time soon. If not I might just wait for the PS4 version, which hopefully has rebalanced loot because of the lack of RMAH.

if i recall blizzard game shardly ever go on sale.

just got back into the game after catching up on all the patches, i miss how fun the combat can be with elites running around there seems to be better mixing of them and not just hitting a wall. i cant wait for the next patch to add more monsters because i love act 1 the most. now i have a barb (everyone does) i am not sure what to focus on in terms of gear but i do know that i just want to mess with the skills and not follow a super cookie cutter build as tempting as it is.

neoism

just use stupidstop (gamestop) and trade in games you will never play again and get it for $0 like I did...

Yeah after 1.0.5 DH became pointless class - it used to out dps others since you could drop some defences and go for dmg but then Blizzard changed game from survival oriented into race who can kill more elites per minute.

Now it's lowest dmg with lowest bonuses to survival class and it can't even buff other party members as well as monks or barbs or WDs.

Also it's the only class which needs to use resource generator skill while Wizard can only leave archon form to recast buffs.

eek5

Surviving later MP on DH is pretty easy with high APS/gloom build though. Excluding my gem, my DM gear is way under 15m and I can survive MP10 better than my monk which must be close to 500+ in gear

It's boring/slow as hell though.

Gotta play a Wizard or Barb or you're just gimping yourself. They clearly don't care about the other classes for some time now. They don't even attempt to nerf these two down or buff the rest to their level.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Uh, 107 was the first patch to the game which didn't nerf Wizard proc rates on spells used in CM builds.

Wiz and DH have had the most nerfs in the game by far.

Robin64

Finally completed the game on Inferno. I play *very* casually and rarely, so this was nice for me. Finished at paragon level 7. What now? Just run Act 3 Inferno over and over again?

I actually really like Act 1 but can't seem to choose it online anymore? Like, the lowest I can pick is about halfway through Act 2.

kennah

Wait - why are people saying 1000 dps lvl 51 socketed and LS weapon is bad ?

It's not a multimilion ticket but still can be sold.

I think because the primary stats are so low.
That's exactly it. 2h can roll up to 600 primary stat. The dps doesn't do anything if you don't have the primary stat multiplier. Like I said an 800 dps with 300+ main stat would do way more damage and is easy to find even lower than level 51 reduced requirement

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Finally completed the game on Inferno. I play *very* casually and rarely, so this was nice for me. Finished at paragon level 7. What now? Just run Act 3 Inferno over and over again?

I actually really like Act 1 but can't seem to choose it online anymore? Like, the lowest I can pick is about halfway through Act 2.

You can't choose it for a public game I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom