• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

Yeah after 1.0.5 DH became pointless class - it used to out dps others since you could drop some defences and go for dmg but then Blizzard changed game from survival oriented into race who can kill more elites per minute.

Now it's lowest dmg with lowest bonuses to survival class and it can't even buff other party members as well as monks or barbs or WDs.

Also it's the only class which needs to use resource generator skill while Wizard can only leave archon form to recast buffs.

I dunno man. I joined a MP2 pub game the other day with my TR monk just for giggles and this DH was there just destroying things and flying along.

My TR monk leaves WW barbs in his dust but I had a real tough time keeping up with that DH.

DH's can pack a pretty mean punch vs ubers too with those stacked traps.

I dunno man. I joined a MP2 pub game the other day with my TR monk just for giggles and this DH was there just destroying things and flying along.

My TR monk leaves WW barbs in his dust but I had a real tough time keeping up with that DH.

DH is great at low mps like that but increase the mp and DH goes to poop.

Shifty76

Keeps Depth 2 is pretty popular or running Crypt of Ancients over and over at MP9/10

If you can do MP9 might as well do MP10 for that extra item drop which is huge :)

I alternate between the two as I can only do 5-6 CotA runs in a row before I get bored - just too small of an area. At least KD2 has some diversity and keeps you on your toes with those damn maniacs.

Shifty76

Did you see the 10m WD running MP10 post on reddit the other day? He had worse stats than you and wasn't having an issue with MP10.

Let's see here...ah, here we go: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1brsww/wd_mp10_10_million_budget_buildmust_see/

I tried it myself after reading it. Works OK for trash mobs, not so much on elites. My monk is way faster, but then she has way more than 10m worth of gear so I'd expect that. Maybe try it out & see how it works for you.

neoism

fucking WOOW this game did a WHOLE act 3 MP7 run got garbage items... SMH

2 minutes in MP2 solo..NV2
ibsTcsoAsQKBfG.bmp

anything past Mp4 is pointless and a waste of time...

just traded it for 6mil did I get screwed... it was a monk inna chest
:)

I haven't touched this since last july what is the latest and best spot for farming for legendaries? I kinda want to get back into it and max out the other classes

neoism

I haven't touched this since last july what is the latest and best spot for farming for legendaries? I kinda want to get back into it and max out the other classes

dude I know that feel but the next patch is like in 3 weeks I really hope anyway, comes with monster density and fucking identify ALL... :D why it wasn't in the game at launch i will never know... but yeah everywhere is good mostly bad for legs... there is no good spot though they drop from anything and everywhere... do act 3 right now because their are more monster in that act.. no higher than MP3 if you can do that unless you character is a god or something its just not worth it taking forever to kill random little monsters with 15mil hp.. smh.

ElyrionX

Started playing again couple of weeks ago. Had 12mn gold. Now I'm up to 100mn gold entirely from AH trading. Lol. Unlike many others, I really like the AH. It's nice break from the endless farming and grinding.

Robin64

You can't chose act1 in hell difficulty. Inferno, you can.

Oh I'm stupid. I just quickly scrolled to the top and saw "Act 2" not realising that was the Hell version.

Joined an MP2 run of somewhere in Act 3 (the section with the most players by far) and there was a monk there that was paragon level 45, he was basically decimating everything with ease. I know I couldn't handle MP2 by myself right now, but it also felt a bit iffy to be following this guy when pretty much all I could do is a drop a hydra before everything was dead. I figured if he asks me to leave I would, but he never did.

eek5

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569330002#7

Good discussion!

I should mention that PTR builds are snapshotted off our current "work in progress" and sometimes picks up some changes and not others. In this case, the Disintegrate change was picked up, but the Ray of Frost change was not. Ray of Frost got a comparable damage buff as well, which will be seen in the next PTR build (along with the Witch Doctor Firebats damage numbers)

More wizard love

Everything can murder MP2 after getting enough stats.

I had endless Strafe build (legacy Nat's + Strafe + preparation with rune giving hatred with 100k unbuffed dps) and in the end i couldn't even match efficinecy of econo build archon wizard with 100k unbuffed)

VALKYRAY

Banned
Oh I'm stupid. I just quickly scrolled to the top and saw "Act 2" not realising that was the Hell version.

Joined an MP2 run of somewhere in Act 3 (the section with the most players by far) and there was a monk there that was paragon level 45, he was basically decimating everything with ease. I know I couldn't handle MP2 by myself right now, but it also felt a bit iffy to be following this guy when pretty much all I could do is a drop a hydra before everything was dead. I figured if he asks me to leave I would, but he never did.
as long as you stay in low mp, you will be fine. On high mp, people will kick you for leeching.

Shifty76

What do you think this may be worth?
vsjXvbs.jpg

Not as much as you'd like since you got screwed on the cc & cd rolls. I'd say maybe 10-20m tops? It's less dps and way less ehp than a high avg dmg, dex, 6% cc ring I paid 5m for, but people seem to pay a premium for trifecta.

Oh, @ neosim. I disagree about anything over MP4 being pointless. Got this off ONE PACK of champion skelly marauders on MP10:

http://i.imgur.com/T8etPtj.jpg

Shifty76

LOL very nice, triple drop, congrats.
Anything good?

I normally farm act 3 in MP6-7 and get around 1 legendary per session (1-2 hours).

Actually a quadruple (note 4 beams), I just didn't manage to grab the mighty belt name in the screenshot.
And no, the best of the bunch was the fist which I think I sold for around 1m.

Shifty76

Can you detail this reaction somewhat?

I just hit 60 with my WD as my 3rd level 60 (after DH and Barb) and am really excited to start playing him in Inferno.

Presumably he's sick of trying to MF as a WD and is going to roll something else.

I linked a reddit article earlier this page that shows a WD with 10m of gear running MP10 without issue.

Also, for lower MP's, the angry chicken / acid rain build is ridiculously fast - nearly as fast as a TR monk: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/13dn0x/wd_angry_chicken_farm_build/

Not sure what more he could want...

Side note: Lots of Tyrion avatars these days. After Pod's er...heroics the other night you'd think people would be using Pod avatars :D

MrDaravon

Yeah, if I run MP6+ with my Paragon level 69 DH I average 1-2 legendaries a run on Act 3. That ~200% paragon MF/GF makes a big difference.

Ingeniero

How does CC% for Overpower work with SoJ?
I am trying it and the CC% doesn't change while wearing the SoJ.
What about the +6% elemental damage? how is this calculated, my damage figure is reduced overall...

The bonnus vs elites is nice tho.

eek5

What about the +6% elemental damage? how is this calculated, my damage figure is reduced overall...

6% applies to black damage only
cc applies to OP only

jaosobno

A question for those in the know. Yesterday I've finally bought Diablo 3. One thing I notied right away that asset loading issue (stuttering) is still not resolved.

I had this issue in beta, I know that a lot of people experience this and I cannot believe that after 1 fucking year they still failed to remove this annoyance from the game.

I'd rather have longer loading times and smooth gameplay than suffer loading data from HDD to the RAM on the fly.

Is there any way to fix this? This is the PC I'm running the game on:

Core i5 2500
MSI GTX560Ti (2 GB)
8 GB DDR3

I've tried setting max frames to render ahead to "1", turning adaptive v-sync on (disabling the one in-game), turned on FXAA in drivers, disabled AA in-game as some people on battle.net forums suggested but nothing helps. The game in general runs completely smooth, but these occasional freezes are so goddamn annoying. Help me GAF!

A question for those in the know. Yesterday I've finally bought Diablo 3. One thing I notied right away that asset loading issue (stuttering) is still not resolved.

I had this issue in beta, I know that a lot of people experience this and I cannot believe that after 1 fucking year they still failed to remove this annoyance from the game.

I'd rather have longer loading times and smooth gameplay than suffer loading data from HDD to the RAM on the fly.

Is there any way to fix this? This is the PC I'm running the game on:

Core i5 2500
MSI GTX560Ti (2 GB)
8 GB DDR3

I've tried setting max frames to render ahead to "1", turning adaptive v-sync on (disabling the one in-game), turned on FXAA in drivers, disabled AA in-game as some people on battle.net forums suggested but nothing helps. The game in general runs completely smooth, but these occasional freezes are so goddamn annoying. Help me GAF!
Install it all to a ram disk or install it all on an SSD.

This is the main reason why I don't play the game anymore. Annoyingly the issues were actually pretty much gone for me around 1.0.5, but then the patch for 1.0.6 came and they were back again (and have gotten subsequently worse with 1.0.7).

So yeah, two options there. The other option is to wait for them to fix it, which, judging by how long people have been complaining about it on the forums, won't be any time soon.

Presumably he's sick of trying to MF as a WD and is going to roll something else.

I linked a reddit article earlier this page that shows a WD with 10m of gear running MP10 without issue.

Also, for lower MP's, the angry chicken / acid rain build is ridiculously fast - nearly as fast as a TR monk: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/13dn0x/wd_angry_chicken_farm_build/

Not sure what more he could want...

Side note: Lots of Tyrion avatars these days. After Pod's er...heroics the other night you'd think people would be using Pod avatars :D

He took 15 minutes to clear a room, I call that an issue lol.

jaosobno

Install it all to a ram disk or install it all on an SSD.

This is the main reason why I don't play the game anymore. Annoyingly the issues were actually pretty much gone for me around 1.0.5, but then the patch for 1.0.6 came and they were back again (and have gotten subsequently worse with 1.0.7).

So yeah, two options there. The other option is to wait for them to fix it, which, judging by how long people have been complaining about it on the forums, won't be any time soon.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have no plans to buy extra hardware just for one game. I'll try it with 16 GB USB stick and we'll see where that gets me.

ElyrionX

Not sure if this is the same issue but every time I start up and log in to D3, the very first game I enter, I will get about 5-10 seconds of freezing or extreme stuttering the very moment I enter combat. From then on, everything will be buttery smooth until I switch off the program and log in the next time.

Robin64

Not sure if this is the same issue but every time I start up and log in to D3, the very first game I enter, I will get about 5-10 seconds of freezing or extreme stuttering the very moment I enter combat. From then on, everything will be buttery smooth until I switch off the program and log in the next time.

Yep, it's pretty crap. I've clicked someone's banner, then I can hear lots of fighting but my screen is pretty much frozen and I often die because of it. I've taken to spamming teleport and frost nova as I am there to try and avoid it, but eh.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

Try D3UP for that skill-specific stuff. The 6% elemental damage is shown on your sheet though. You should see it go up when going from nothing to SOJ.

neoism

LUULZ I got suspended at the D3 forums for posting/typing F.u.cking lol smh never going back there again...
on an awesome note some how I sold an ammy with
334dex
111vit
and 2 other shitty stats, no CC or CD for like 6.2mil :O
also finally got a skorn with 5.6 LS can do MP4 with ease now... not bad for 3mil but it was 9k decrease in dps :( at 138k now.. with 8.4 LS :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom