• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Uber carries should get a bit easier after the patch with the hp penalty dropping from 70% to 50% per player.

Random trivia for anyone who didn't notice - the ring is made up of the three organs.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
After a 2 month hiatus, I've come back to D3. It's so hard to quit you Diablo. You're like a bad girlfriend that refuses to give blowjobs or cook me a proper steak dinner.

I log on drunk as fuck, thinking things will be different this time. Nope, same shit, different day.

I noticed there were some peeps on the last page looking for some mp10 uber runs. That's the one thing I haven't got bored of yet.

If I'm online, hit me up for some ubers. I've got enough keys to make several machines.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Omega-1990/hero/13462234

Cipherr

We did some uber runs last night. Was very fun and fast. I d/c'ed on one of the fights though, So Ill only get to make three rings instead of four. But its cool.

Gonna make a STR/DEX/INT one. I just hope my Dex roll doesn't suck. That fourth ring would have been a life saver in that scenario.

XShagrath

Yeah, that was insanity last night! Sucks that you got d/c'd on that one run. I'll definitely call on you guys again next time I get a stockpile of machines saved up.

Cipherr

After a 2 month hiatus, I've come back to D3. It's so hard to quit you Diablo. You're like a bad girlfriend that refuses to give blowjobs or cook me a proper steak dinner.

I log on drunk as fuck, thinking things will be different this time. Nope, same shit, different day.

I noticed there were some peeps on the last page looking for some mp10 uber runs. That's the one thing I haven't got bored of yet.

If I'm online, hit me up for some ubers. I've got enough keys to make several machines.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Omega-1990/hero/13462234

Can I ask why so many barbs use Echoing Fury? At first glance to me, it doesnt seem to have great bonuses at all. Is it the attack speed bonus? Or does that weapon just have higher dps rolls than most? It seems to me like the fear proc would be annoying to melee since it makes enemies run OUT of melee range.

kennah

The running away isn't so bad because a) normally you are fighting a group of enemies not a single one b) you usually are one shotting them anyway

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I was on the Blizzard forums earlier and there was talk of WotB getting nerfed. Couldn't find the source so does anyone have it or can they confirm?

Not sure why they were all complaining. My barb can have 100% WotB uptime but it is by no means reliant on it.

I was on the Blizzard forums earlier and there was talk of WotB getting nerfed. Couldn't find the source so does anyone have it or can they confirm?

Not sure why they were all complaining. My barb can have 100% WotB uptime but it is by no means reliant on it.

It was a post of Travis about the "perma"-WotB and "perma"-Archon are not wanted by the design. He suggest changes in the future in the mechanic to stop infinite WotB & Archon time.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
It was a post of Travis about the "perma"-WotB and "perma"-Archon are not wanted by the design. He suggest changes in the future in the mechanic to stop infinite WotB & Archon time.

Ah ok.

Well I'm fine with that. Constant WotB and Archon kinda cheapen the whole special effects monsters have like fear, jailer and frozen.

VALKYRAY

Banned
Wizard is the only class that has no cc immune abilities. Either you dodge it or you take full effect. This is the reason I don't like wizard as much.

Nokterian

My bad..friend of mine gave it to me and hyped it up a bit. But a lot of things are coming in the next patches. Now hoping if blizzard has the balls to change what that guy have made of it.

Opiate

We did some uber runs last night. Was very fun and fast. I d/c'ed on one of the fights though, So Ill only get to make three rings instead of four. But its cool.

Gonna make a STR/DEX/INT one. I just hope my Dex roll doesn't suck. That fourth ring would have been a life saver in that scenario.

Add me on for your next runs, whenever that is. For those who don't have me, I'm Verse#1603.

Izcarielo

Banned
Hey guys, i recently started Hardcore with my barbarian and now im at lvl 40!
My battletag is Izcariel#2181 so if you want to play with me just add me ;)

J2d

5o158Yb_zps4540c67f.jpg
This blows my mind, I know that INVIS has crazy gear but the flying dragon seems to be pretty damn good. I always thought skorn was the thing to use for tempest rushing but maybe I should switch?

neoism

This blows my mind, I know that INVIS has crazy gear but the flying dragon seems to be pretty damn good. I always thought skorn was the thing to use for tempest rushing but maybe I should switch?
lol yeah ive watched his stream before how on earth does one get 25 bil :O

Velocity

What's the cap on gold, anyways? 99 billion? 999 Billion? I don't understand the logic behind player inventory holding so much gold, the auction house having a 2bil cap, but the sell value of vendored items to be so pathetically little. If I decided to never use the auction house for anything, ever, there would be no way to practically progress in the game. Just as an example, to craft one Radiant Star gem it's around 16 million. Sixteen Million. If the average player -- say someone who plays only a few times a week never used the AH, and crafted all their gear or found it -- would most likely not have 16 million for one Radiant Star. And if they did, that would be an immense chunk of change to dole out, if not all of their money. I mean, everyone uses the AH to make and spend money, but that's just the hypothetical. No AH for PS3/PS4 D3 kinda makes me wonder about that, though.

Sometimes it seems like complaining about Diablo 3 is a meta-game.

Vodh

I'm not sure how much gold you can farm an hour with mediocre gear, but with a little bit of efficiency you could probably quite easily afford making one radiant star gem for every ~45 hours of playing if you didn't spend money on crafting. For 2 weapons, helm, 2 slot pants and 3 slot chest it's still under 400 hours to fill your whole set with reusable radiant stars. Grinding is a core part of the game and the stat increases of the highest tier gems are by no means essential for survival, especially in the current inferno. They are there as something for people to stirve for.

For me it's actually mind boggling just how much better all the itemization design would have felt if there was no AH. It would still have not been perfect by any means, there's quite a lot of issues, not the least of them being the boring blandness of choices, but yeah. Don't know about you guys, but I did play about 25 levels before even going to AH and it was absolutely great.

Fularu

Banned
If anyone wants to do some ubers later (last time I did them, I was holding my own in mp7 but that was a long time ago), add me I'll happily join if I'm online : grosbill#1217

eek5

What's the cap on gold, anyways? 99 billion? 999 Billion? I don't understand the logic behind player inventory holding so much gold, the auction house having a 2bil cap, but the sell value of vendored items to be so pathetically little. If I decided to never use the auction house for anything, ever, there would be no way to practically progress in the game. Just as an example, to craft one Radiant Star gem it's around 16 million. Sixteen Million. If the average player -- say someone who plays only a few times a week never used the AH, and crafted all their gear or found it -- would most likely not have 16 million for one Radiant Star. And if they did, that would be an immense chunk of change to dole out, if not all of their money. I mean, everyone uses the AH to make and spend money, but that's just the hypothetical. No AH for PS3/PS4 D3 kinda makes me wonder about that, though.

Sometimes it seems like complaining about Diablo 3 is a meta-game.

I've picked up over 10 mil in gold over the last week just doing TR w/ pickup radius and dropping bells on elites only.

Crazy gear is an understatement. His gear is pretty godly. I believe his flying dragon is 180+ crit% with life steal but I could be mistaken (he had like 4 or 5 of them the last time I watched him do CoA runs). He isn't really TR though. I wouldn't recommend TR with a flying dragon. It has attack speed roll so you'll need a lot of spirit regen. The main advantage of FD is that you can play super high MP if you have enough attack speed gear to support it because you can play regular cyclone build but with 2H damage.

He usually does a 2H cyclone build (yes his attack speed can support that lol) but looks like hes using flying dragon proc into spamming all his buffs w/ frenzy shrine in that pic. Probably proof on concept to shit all over the barb that did a similar 2.5m dps snapshot or something.

Be careful buying a FD btw. You REALLY need life steal and high crit% roll or they're pretty much garbage. If you get a non-LS one you probably won't survive long enough to even proc FD on high MP unless you're rocking insane EHP. For regular TR

--

Skorn is the easiest choice. If you can, try to find a 2H mace or lance since those are 0.9 and 0.95 aps which will make it easier for you to build a spirit regen set (you can either drop some spirit regen passives/skills or even use 2 attack speed items)

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Can I ask why so many barbs use Echoing Fury? At first glance to me, it doesnt seem to have great bonuses at all. Is it the attack speed bonus? Or does that weapon just have higher dps rolls than most? It seems to me like the fear proc would be annoying to melee since it makes enemies run OUT of melee range.

+attacks per second also applies to your other weapon. Giving you a really nice dps boost.

The fear proc can actually be used in your favor. Get a cold dmg SoJ and you'll handicap their run speed. Then you hammer smash the shit out of them as they crawl away.

J2d

Crazy gear is an understatement. His gear is pretty godly. I believe his flying dragon is 180+ crit% with life steal but I could be mistaken (he had like 4 or 5 of them the last time I watched him do CoA runs). He isn't really TR though. I wouldn't recommend TR with a flying dragon. It has attack speed roll so you'll need a lot of spirit regen. The main advantage of FD is that you can play super high MP if you have enough attack speed gear to support it because you can play regular cyclone build but with 2H damage.

He usually does a 2H cyclone build (yes his attack speed can support that lol) but looks like hes using flying dragon proc into spamming all his buffs w/ frenzy shrine in that pic. Probably proof on concept to shit all over the barb that did a similar 2.5m dps snapshot or something.

Be careful buying a FD btw. You REALLY need life steal and high crit% roll or they're pretty much garbage. If you get a non-LS one you probably won't survive long enough to even proc FD on high MP unless you're rocking insane EHP. For regular TR

--

Skorn is the easiest choice. If you can, try to find a 2H mace or lance since those are 0.9 and 0.95 aps which will make it easier for you to build a spirit regen set (you can either drop some spirit regen passives/skills or even use 2 attack speed items)
Thanks for the advice, I'm trying to move away from tempest rushing but I'll probably wait until the patch to rebuild my monk, just looked so tempting when I thought I had been missing out on some magical weapon.

eek5

Thanks for the advice, I'm trying to move away from tempest rushing but I'll probably wait until the patch to rebuild my monk, just looked so tempting when I thought I had been missing out on some magical weapon.

Heh. I randomly dropped into his stream when he was farming coa with the fd and he showed 3 of them. I thought I was missing something too so I bought a cheapish fd with 180 crit and wol bonus and got smashed on mp5 lol.

TR is not that expensive to gear for if you want to rush under mp5 though. Get a skorn or rare with life on kill and you should be able to do up to mp3. With ls% 2h you can rush up to mp5 pretty comfortably. I can kind of do 6 or 7 and my monk is sitting at only 200 res (51k hp though). I think overall only around 230k ehp which is pretty low.

You are right; TR builds will probably die in 1.0.8. It is more of a solo playstyle so building a dw monk will work out better when group xp is more attractive.

eek5

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/J2d-2257/hero/17279340

My current skorn will have to do for my tempest rushing needs, it doesn't have LS but I mostly play on MP1 so it not an issue. Got 90 mil that I'm planning on getting nat ring + boots and maybe a better 1 hander with.

Nats set is good. I think if you can find a really nice rare ring you're better off going with ice climbers though. They're cheaper once you break 190 dex (and way cheaper with dex/vit than similar nats boots) but you also get that huge life% bonus and a socket on top of it.

Raticus79

what really.. damn guess I never really thought of the gold the RM ratio... this game has cost me $0(got it fo free) so far and I'm keepin it that way :p

Bah, sorry, messed up my mental math on this one badly. It's around 5 cents per million by gem exchange, or 20 million per dollar, so it's more like $1250 for 25 billion.

Shifty76

Nats set is good. I think if you can find a really nice rare ring you're better off going with ice climbers though. They're cheaper once you break 190 dex (and way cheaper with dex/vit than similar nats boots) but you also get that huge life% bonus and a socket on top of it.

Plus, if you're Tempest Rushing, Nat's ring has 8-9% IAS and you want to avoid having IAS where possible for TR.

Here's my TR/bells setup for DE farming VotA on MP3. Complete run takes 2-3 mins usually: http://d3up.com/b/532071/shyla-tr-de-farming

J2d

I used to consider ice climbers but surely the 7cc bonus is too good to not be aiming for? I'm gonna get a 5crit nat ring and while the boots will be a downgrade at first I feel that I'm in for the long haul with this game so an upgrade will come down the road. My biggest problem is losing something like 260vit when ditching my current shoes and skorn

Plus, if you're Tempest Rushing, Nat's ring has 8-9% IAS and you want to avoid having IAS where possible for TR.[/url]
I'm not getting the nat set until I'm going for a dual wielding build.

Shifty76

I used to consider ice climbers but surely the 7cc bonus is too good to not be aiming for? I'm gonna get a 5crit nat ring and while the boots will be a downgrade at first I feel that I'm in for the long haul with this game so an upgrade will come down the road. My biggest problem is losing something like 260vit when ditching my current shoes and skorn

I'm not getting the nat set until I'm going for a dual wielding build.

If you have the cash for it, a cc Nat's ring with avg dmg paired with the boots is certainly your BiS option, at least for dps anyway.

Lots of people don't have 200m+ to spring for a good Nat's ring/boots set though, so Ice Climbers with a good dps rare ring gives slightly less dps for far more ehp.

It really depends on the rest of your gear whether you can afford to take the ehp hit for the extra dps. A guy I run with regularly is at 250k sheet dps unbuffed with 600k ehp, and he doesn't use cc mempho, Nat's set, OR EF, so it's certainly possible to get that kind of dps without using those pieces that many people consider mandatory to get high dps.

Here's his profile, for reference: http://d3up.com/b/496899/batuo-ubers

Damn ... 3rd page .... lol

So my wife is traveling to MI next week for work, I was hoping to hold out on playing until the next patch, but I'll probably be playing quite a bit next week if people are on.

I think most of you have me, but if not,

fenderputty#1180

Raticus79

Things are pretty quiet these days waiting for 1.0.8.

Diablofans just data mined something that's worth spoiler tagging:
MF/Exp bonus buff for the game's first anniversary

I had cashed out some items to blizzbucks while catching up on my backlog and gave it a few weeks for things to depreciate. I got a decent witching hour with all primary stats and vit that I can pass around all my alts, and bumped up the EHP on my wizard with a 4 crit chance mempo. Waiting to get home to see if I won a bid on a higher damage Chanto's source.

MrDaravon

Things are pretty quiet these days waiting for 1.0.8.

Diablofans just data mined something that's worth spoiler tagging:
MF/Exp bonus buff for the game's first anniversary

I had cashed out some items to blizzbucks while catching up on my backlog and gave it a few weeks for things to depreciate. I got a decent witching hour with all primary stats and vit that I can pass around all my alts, and bumped up the EHP on my wizard with a 4 crit chance mempo. Waiting to get home to see if I won a bid on a higher damage Chanto's source.

Related to the spoiler tag, I've often wondered why they never
do double xp weekends a la Call of Duty or something like that. If it's an across the board thing that everyone can participate in I don't really see why not.

Edit: Actually serious question as well: thinking about going back to my Monk for a while, haven't messed around with her in forever. I never messed around with Tempest Rush at all, apparently that's the thing now? Here's a link to her profile, what should I be setting up for that skill/gear wise? I really have no idea, I just got her to 60 and that was pretty much it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/13326358

MrDaravon

Well fuck, I'm not sure what I should try to gear up towards then. At the least I'm assuming that Sweeping Wind is still pretty much a go to, so is it still worth it to get the 4-set Inna bonus for that?

Raticus79

Well fuck, I'm not sure what I should try to gear up towards then. At the least I'm assuming that Sweeping Wind is still pretty much a go to, so is it still worth it to get the 4-set Inna bonus for that?

No, the 4 piece Inna's is outclassed by the potential benefits from witching hour belt, and since the 3 piece bonus is useless, the chest piece isn't really necessary either. I like the attack speed bonus from the Tal Rasha chest. The cheap refresh on sweeping wind is only really useful for tempest rush.

I kept Inna's helm and legs on my monk: http://d3up.com/b/13803

Hoping to get back to daggers some day. Guiding light's a very strong passive for group games, although it's tough to tag everyone in range. A lot easier with mantra of healing.

Sharing five pieces of gear with my wizard: http://d3up.com/b/457722

Bcb36Y6.png
i6HGIBP.png

Took a page out of Shify76's style there I guess. Digging the Shredder look on the wizard right now.

WD, DH and Barb are chugging along but not on the same level yet.

Raticus79

Dang, guess I've been letting the monk slide. Haven't really played it in about a month. There should be some soft spots for improvement left over from trying to max out attack speed and crit chance from the sweeping wind snapshot days.

Late edit: wow, did the market ever tank on all resist Inna's temperance. It's about 2% of what I paid now.

Think I'll go with Batuo's approach and switch to ice climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom