• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

I'll try to get on later tonight eek, have to go do something. Need to take a break anyway, hand/wrist hurts from playing most of yesterday and all day today :p

eek5

I'll try to get on later tonight eek, have to go do something. Need to take a break anyway, hand/wrist hurts from playing most of yesterday and all day today :p

No worries. Going to get my hair cut and do some errands anyway.

edit:
upgraded some of my gear for my DH
sETEn5j.png

http://d3up.com/b/481048/bast#gear

hit 500 res :D

MrDaravon

No worries. Going to get my hair cut and do some errands anyway.

edit:
upgraded some of my gear for my DH
sETEn5j.png

http://d3up.com/b/481048/bast#gear

hit 500 res :D

Nice. I have mixed feelings about going down to a sub-100 Dex Nat Chest to get the Vit AND AR, I probably should at some point but I have a really high dex/vit one right now. Only things that super stick out to me is that you could trade the pickup radius for Vit on the Mempo for pretty cheap (if you're willing to drop the pickup), and you should be able to get a comparable Witching Hour that also has Vit on it for not that much.

Your DPS is actually pretty close to mine, only about 20k less (but I have way more eHP and without using the helm slot for a vit gem). But assuming you didn't spend a ton of money that's pretty good. I really don't know much about using 1handers though; I remember during the PTR people were saying that Calamity's were godlike with the original PTR changes with the ruby in the socket, but they changed it before it went final and that's no longer the case. But it's still working out better for you?

balddemon

Banned
man I have been wanting to play diablo but I can't find my ipod which has my authenticator on it. this sucks.

edit: ok I removed it with the mobile verification, but now I'm worried I'll get hacked. any suggestions for non ipod authenticators? I will try the blackberry one but I'd rather have something on my computer if that's possible.

kennah

I'm down around midnight central time for some ubers maybe. Have 15 million if anyone wants to help me shop for one of my mans. Have everything 60 except Monk. My barb does 160k unbuffed but only 30k life and 300 allres

Fixed my problem. Seemingly using Whirlwind was the cause of my huge game-ruining freezes that prevented me from using my computer at all for 15 minutes.

Oh and from the looks of it this is an issue that has been affecting others for the past 6 months... Yeah, not happy about this at all. Switched to Rend for the meantime.

Sax_Man

Banned
Fixed my problem. Seemingly using Whirlwind was the cause of my huge game-ruining freezes that prevented me from using my computer at all for 15 minutes.

Oh and from the looks of it this is an issue that has been affecting others for the past 6 months... Yeah, not happy about this at all. Switched to Rend for the meantime.

I had this problem for a couple of months, and changing the video settings worked for me. Try fullscreen windowed mode, as well as changing the vertical sync settings. It might not work, but once I found a settings combination that didn't crash, it never happened again. Others have had luck with this as well. Hope it helps!

MrDaravon

Sorry for blowing off a couple of folks last night and this morning, I play on a "gaming" laptop and I'm working out some tech issues, only on playing to check some settings and stuff on intensive usage. I wish you could show as offline, I feel bad :(

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

I had this problem for a couple of months, and changing the video settings worked for me. Try fullscreen windowed mode, as well as changing the vertical sync settings. It might not work, but once I found a settings combination that didn't crash, it never happened again. Others have had luck with this as well. Hope it helps!

Yup, and make sure your video drivers are updated.

Zvolen12

Neo Member
you got all of that for less than 500k? you should be my personal shopper

As a matter of fact I did, all of it was on bids and took about 2 days but I was in no hurry and I knew what I was looking for.

Actually I sold a few of the excess items I bought for over 300k so the net affect is less, but it was about 470k.

Cipherr

So I have been working on my alts. I like playing monk so I have been trying to slowly gear him up. I like the build Im using, but Im having trouble pumping up my dps.

http://d3up.com/b/567074

Barely breaking 100k and my HP is below 40k. Feels oddly strange trying to find good pieces of monk gear. Most of the best pieces I have I found while leveling paragon on my hunter. Its weird though I have about 100k dps, but in game my damage doesn't feel mediocre at all. Those bells are hilariously high damage when they drop man.

eek5

So I have been working on my alts. I like playing monk so I have been trying to slowly gear him up. I like the build Im using, but Im having trouble pumping up my dps.

http://d3up.com/b/567074

Barely breaking 100k and my HP is below 40k. Feels oddly strange trying to find good pieces of monk gear. Most of the best pieces I have I found while leveling paragon on my hunter. Its weird though I have about 100k dps, but in game my damage doesn't feel mediocre at all. Those bells are hilariously high damage when they drop man.

You can get like 20+k dps getting a ring with avg dmg/cc/cd and then getting a witching hour with 8/48+ and dex.

A 250 vit tal's chest would probably increase your dps and ehp as well even if you don't get an AR one. The extra vit should allow you to craft dex bracers and pick up another 100-150 dex which is 4-6k dps with your weapons

Cipherr

You can get like 20+k dps getting a ring with avg dmg/cc/cd and then getting a witching hour with 8/48+ and dex.

A 250 vit tal's chest would probably increase your dps and ehp as well even if you don't get an AR one. The extra vit should allow you to craft dex bracers and pick up another 100-150 dex which is 4-6k dps with your weapons

Give up my 35% experience :( Witching hour sounds good, I have been running with that 4 piece that drastically reduces the cost of Sweeping Wind, but I think I want to drop it so I don't get accustomed to it. I don't want to become to attached to a set bonus that could come and go with upgrades.

Vit Tals chest sounds good. How much eHP should I be aiming for?

Shifty76

Give up my 35% experience :( Witching hour sounds good, I have been running with that 4 piece that drastically reduces the cost of Sweeping Wind, but I think I want to drop it so I don't get accustomed to it. I don't want to become to attached to a set bonus that could come and go with upgrades.

Vit Tals chest sounds good. How much eHP should I be aiming for?

35% xp is nothing compared to the 200% or more you can get from running higher MP's, which you could do with a better ring :)

500k is a good target for EHP. Here's my mp10 monk if you want to look at her for ideas. Yes, I have a hellfire, but it was a dps upgrade over my old dps ring :)
http://d3up.com/b/13426/shyla-backlash-mp10-farming

Regarding damage in-game seeming much higher than on sheet: That's because it is! With buffs up my sheet dps is around 215k, but ACTUAL in-game dps is around 1.5m.
Check out the spreadsheet calculator I linked earlier to see your true dps (likely a page or so back now)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I've been studying it for a while, and after seeing the price trends I saw my time to strike.

Chant's Force. 260 Average Damage, 7 APOC. 150 mil at 1d11h time remaining. Done.

Nice, but I needed to regar around it.

First change I needed to make was get a proper new hat. Goodbye Crow, hello Mempo with 3.5%CC. 140 mil.

Losing the Crow means that I needed to regain LOH somewhere. My Nat's ring didn't have it. Found one with 400 LOH. 100 mil.

Also, I felt that I wanted to push for more AR and had none in my BT pants. Got one with a similar double Vit roll and 70+ AR. 30 mil.

420 mil gets my APS up to 3.04, my resistances increased by 100 or so, my life a few thousand less, 1% CC less, and my sheet DPS fundamentally unchanged. Sounds about right.

Give up my 35% experience :(

Bonus experience from gear is going to become all the more insignificant when 108 hits. If a ring can give you a five digit sheet DPS increase, it's justified.

I stopped playing last year but I'm thinking about hopping back in after finals.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zuleyka-1310/hero/6138062

This is what I left my Wiz with. Any recommendations for my gear?
I'm not quite sure what you're intending to do with your wizard.

If you're comfy with using Magic Missile, perhaps find a bunch of gear to support it and buff it, like a Slorak's, a Skull Grasp that beefs it up, and either an Oculus or Tal's orb (I think the MM bonus can show up on either of those). Otherwise, stack up +Damage, CC, and CHD to directly increase your sheet DPS.

Insaniac

Not sure if anyone's interested, but I recorded a new MP10 KD2 farming vid with my monk.

Shows how awesome backlash & EP are in high density areas (9:20 and 12:20 points in particular)

That run is a lot slower than normal due to those couple of plague/molten packs I came across (no EP on the reflect mob for example)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMtioryQt0E&feature=youtu.be

Build/gear: http://d3up.com/b/13426/shyla-backlash-mp10-farming

no EP on reflect mobs? Then its not the build for me, because for some reason D3 LOVES to hurl reflect damage mobs on me ALL THE FREAKIN TIME

MrDaravon

Bonus experience from gear is going to become all the more insignificant when 108 hits. If a ring can give you a five digit sheet DPS increase, it's justified.

Yeah, I've been thinking/meaning to drop the exp gem from both of my characters helms for a while now. For some reason I was thinking that those bonuses were multiplicative in 1.08, but then just went back and looked and realized that on the NV bonus multiplies, not gear bonuses so fuck that.

Shifty76

no EP on reflect mobs? Then its not the build for me, because for some reason D3 LOVES to hurl reflect damage mobs on me ALL THE FREAKIN TIME

Well I'm not gonna stop you from using EP on reflect mobs...just be prepared for lolz when one dies and your body gets catapulted across the entire screen :D

eek5

Does Near Death Experience save you from reflect damage death in a group of three mobs? Haven't tried it.

Yes. I run it usually since I am distracted when I play a lot (watching tv shows, nba, etc.). The only problem is if you have a double detonation you'll still die because you will proc NDE then the second explosion will one shot your 30% hp

Shifty76

damn that maintenance think I got fucked over on that ring... ;____; should have gotten at least 500m

Yeah, I've taken to holding off listing any auctions that would end during maintenance for that very reason.

On the flip side though, it's a great time to bid on items! Too bad I'm always sleeping/at work when it happens.

inky

Why do you say that?

- Players now receive a 10% bonus to Magic Find, Gold Find, and Experience per additional player in a multiplayer game, up to a maximum of 30% in a four-player game.

- The Experience bonus can stack with other bonuses from items and Monster Power (the bonuses will stack multiplicatively).

MrDaravon

Sorry about that, Daravon.. I lost my connection for a bit.

No problem, it's not like either one of us is carrying each other on low MP anyway. If it makes you feel any better I got an Immortal King's Irons like 30 seconds after you dropped, but it was garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom