• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Arnold

Is this worth anything? Just found it.

PLmvDTG.jpg

kennah

Is this worth anything? Just found it.

PLmvDTG.jpg

I doubt it, don't those go up to 200 str? Pickup radius might be worth something to someone.

Also - can I have the STR echoing fury you posted? Tempted by the manujamas but would have to change my build I think.

V_Arnold

I doubt it, don't those go up to 200 str? Pickup radius might be worth something to someone.

Also - can I have the STR echoing fury you posted? Tempted by the manujamas but would have to change my build I think.

Ofc. PM me your D3 id, (EU?) and Ill invite you.

PM me the EU id if someone needs something off this. Not that they are particularly great or anything, except for starting up an Inferno career or something.

Nice giveaway, very generous. That rare mace would go nicely on my Barb(when he hits the level) but not EU! Doh.

Hope people get some use out of this stuff!

neoism

Stupid maintenance... wanted to play today to lol will tomorrow hopefully ..
You like DMB..<3 mofo can play the guitar.... this is my all time favorite album of dave this shit is LIVE GOLD... listened to it since 99 lol please listen if you have not.. :O
looking at your vid a little I really should try to lower everything lol in 500 hours I never thought to try that... my computer and handle the game find but with the monster density.. lol fps are terribad can get to 20> lol I also forgot how dark the game looks lol funny how everyone was complaining about the color I use sweetfx I think I've told you before gives it mad color...
ibrjHmAosBOcy.bmp

I've always been a freak for color though lol... you can even make it darker with it too...

Everyone else get a Blizzard Entertainment Wants your Feedback survey?

Asked about the expansion and what you want and how you feel about the things that have been added so far.

Oh yea neo I was gonna try sweetfx I'll put it on tomorrow. Today sucked since I was up all day and couldnt play hardly any after servers went back up. I'll definitely be on a bunch tomorrow, just gonna workout and then grind all day.

N yea I like Dave. Seen dave n tim seen just tim and seen just dave at diff venues around NY. Used to play all his songs on guitar and then I just stopped playing/listening/ everything, but every now and then throw his stuff on.

Xevren

So I recently came back, what's the preferred way to go about in acts now with the density changes? Just kinda running around randomly at the moment.

Cipherr

So I recently came back, what's the preferred way to go about in acts now with the density changes? Just kinda running around randomly at the moment.

The best thing about the density changes is how nearly everything can be farmed effectively. Act 1 is a favorite, but you cant really do terrible anywhere except POSSIBLY act 4. But other than that, pick your favorite Act and just slay everything. Drops have long since been equalized across acts so you can just do whatever you want as long as you are killing stuff.

eek5

1-3 are all good. I like 1 because it is probably the easiest difficulty-wise (not that 2 and 3 are hard but 1 is way easier IMO). Great for farming while you do other stuff like watching TV

Xevren

The best thing about the density changes is how nearly everything can be farmed effectively. Act 1 is a favorite, but you cant really do terrible anywhere except POSSIBLY act 4. But other than that, pick your favorite Act and just slay everything. Drops have long since been equalized across acts so you can just do whatever you want as long as you are killing stuff.

Awesome, and yeah I'd never do 4. Just bleh. Thanks for the input peoples. I have a CM wiz that can do alright, kind of thinking of gearing my monk up. Gonna have to read up on what to do with her, have no idea what to do for a monk.

I love the oasis in act II.

One of my favorite areas in the game if not the favorite. Has a lot of atmosphere. Maybe slightly too much desert though. Overall Act I is the most varied and interesting though - it's clear most of the work went into that. Act III I initially liked the snow-covered ramparts, but they got boring really fast. Rest of Act III is kinda meh. Act IV is another one that's exciting upon first impression, but dulls quickly.

Slayerx

Sin towers or whatever they are called in Act III, with chained giants. Love that area and the actual Azmodan boss room, going down the stairs.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Pretty much all areas of the game are great for farming now, so just pick an area you like the best and run it. Personally I still like Act III the best, it's just a nice, semi-linear path packed with lots of mobs to slay. I start right at the beginning of the act and run it all the way to Azmodan, clearing everything I can. Act I is my second favorite, the mobs are "easier" than other acts and now they are lots of them there to kill. Lots of running around in empty space in Act I though, it's why I still like Act III the best.

Act IV is my least favorite. Even though it has very good mob density, it just gets monotonous and boring after a few times. Act IV always feels half finished to me, like they just ran out of steam while doing it.

Infinity

EDIT: One of the MVP folks created a thread for AT&T lag and rubberbanding issues - thought I'd share:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793019653

Well, I hit 60 last night with my Wizard. Yay! But it wasn't without its share of pain-points.I was disconnected a gazillion times.

Lag has been a killer. I ran a tracert to the Blizzard's "America" IP:

Everything's fine until hop 12 or so.

mdf001c7613r0004-gig-10-1.lax1.attens.net [12.129.193.250]

Tech Forum Source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9678478899

Anyone else having trouble with massive lag? And, has anyone else noticed that the lag starts with the AT&T servers?

Shifty76

Awesome, and yeah I'd never do 4. Just bleh. Thanks for the input peoples. I have a CM wiz that can do alright, kind of thinking of gearing my monk up. Gonna have to read up on what to do with her, have no idea what to do for a monk.

Monk is my main: http://d3up.com/b/618190/shyla so feel free to hit me up if you want any info.

As to what gear to look out for I wrote up a bit of a guide on the monk subreddit, but actually all the info in the monk wiki is pretty useful. I'd suggest taking a look through the section for new monks as it's pretty thorough in terms of skills and gearing suggestions: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/wiki/index

One of my favorite areas in the game if not the favorite. Has a lot of atmosphere. Maybe slightly too much desert though. Overall Act I is the most varied and interesting though - it's clear most of the work went into that. Act III I initially liked the snow-covered ramparts, but they got boring really fast. Rest of Act III is kinda meh. Act IV is another one that's exciting upon first impression, but dulls quickly.

its pretty cool. i just wish the areas were more randomized. my computer chugs pretty badly there though.

I love the area and side dungeons, but its put over the top for me due to the enemies there. Both my SC WD and SC Monk require tons and tons of enemies swarming. In act I I have to pull the groups. In the oasis the snakes just come swarming to their death.

Plus I really like doing some olds shool VoA runs right after.

Act I is nice, but both weaping hollow and FoM seem bland though to me.

I just logged in after a year of ignoring this game.

I'm playing a lvl 52 Demon Hunter on Hell difficulty, and combat feels much easier than I remember.

Did they nerf the difficulty?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I just logged in after a year of ignoring this game.

I'm playing a lvl 52 Demon Hunter on Hell difficulty, and combat feels much easier than I remember.

Did they nerf the difficulty?

only in inferno, really. they made some damage/defense adjustments, but its still roughly the same.

if you're hurting for a challenge while leveling, up the Monster Power.

Shifty76

Just hit 60 with my wd but im not really feeling it. Does anybody have a decent build and gear recommendations for me to try out?

Cloud of Bats is the current FotM build for WD's and for good reason. It's relatively cheap to gear up, and it deals ridiculous damage. Probably one of the most powerful builds in the game right now for any class.

My WD rocks MP10 pretty easily and I haven't spent more than about 15m on any one piece of gear (excluding ruby in weapon of course)

http://d3up.com/b/8673/shakazulu

V_Arnold

I now go with Bears+CoB. ~120k unbuffed, 200k in combat, anything up to MP5 melts, after that, I kinda need to move around and wait a few seconds for enemies to die, eh.

V_Arnold

This is my WD http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anilusion-2101/hero/30201567

I tried Cloud of Bats but I'm not really liking it. The range is soooo short and ranged mobs are a pain in the ass.

Here is my Witch Doctor in comparison, check out the skill choices. You kinda need that pickup boost for Gruesome feast in order to truly rock the house, imho.

I am using the sacrifice to fill up to max mana in case I need to burn down some extra health monsters or if I run out of mana for some weird reason (usually only happens when I need to stop casting and waste some bears as well).

V_Arnold

So 1H+OH is the way to go? And here I was thinking people prefered slow 2handers for mana management.

Well, mana problems tend to fall away once you kill enough mobs (and have zuni set bonuses), since mana per sec+ mana per kill+ 2%mana per kill wraps it up fast. But it has been a year since I last tried the 2h-approach, so do not take only my word for it.

Shifty76

Damn, need to rethink my approach? How much would I gain with a decent 2h?

Both work equally well. Skorn hits harder but slower, so your LS returns are more spiky. You will have ZERO mana issues with a skorn.

1-hander/mojo gives additional options for rolls (such as vit on the mojo) which is nice. Dmg is comparable (mine is 10k higher than with my skorn, in addition to gaining 7k or so HP) and the life return is much more steady, just not as big of a return each hit.

RD packs do sometimes give me issues with the 1h/mojo setup if there are no trash mobs nearby to sustain from. I also switched to mana steal locust rune as every now & then I'd run into mana issues. RD is no issue with a skorn, same with mana.

@Anilusion: Try switching out a couple of your passives as GI and Gruesome Feast are just made for cloud of bats build. I don't remember if your skorn had life steal, but the build does not work without it so make sure you have some. You could also try ruby instead of emerald in it - simulate what each would do for you on d3up. For lots of WD's a ruby will give more dps.

The way the build works is that you'll spread locust swarm on as many enemies as possible, then once you get a huge mob spirit walk into the middle of them, Harvest then just hold down CoB until everything is dead. If it's a huge pack then drop a BBV right after you harvest. I like having hex on the bar for elites and kiting enemies.

This is my WD http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Anilusion-2101/hero/30201567

I tried Cloud of Bats but I'm not really liking it. The range is soooo short and ranged mobs are a pain in the ass.

That's why the build requires you to pull massive groups. COB build shines in places like The Oasis in Act II. You use locust swarm to run around and argo everything. When you get about 50 things running after you, stop and lay out COB. If you're skills are set up correctly, things die fast enough for you to almost perma spam spirit walk to keep you alive.

The build sucks unless you have HUGE packs of mobs chasing you. Solo it's pretty easy to do this though. Grouping with people can make the build funky if you play with people who don't understand what you're doing. A monk who cyclones all the enemies away from you as an example.

Can't link atm but all the top wd running bats use 2h

As Shifty pointed out, both work fine. I've tried the skorn and didn't like it. Felt too slow. I get why it's beneficial, I just felt lilke I was doing fine anyway. Did MP10 last night for a while with my SC WD to mix things up a bit. Was a nice change of pace after running behind pets on my HC WD.

ALSO ... fuck ever giving up my 20 yards pick up from ToTD. lol

Shifty76

The build sucks unless you have HUGE packs of mobs chasing you. Solo it's pretty easy to do this though. Grouping with people can make the build funky if you play with people who don't understand what you're doing. A monk who cyclones all the enemies away from you as an example.

I was playing with a terrible CM wiz the other night. Every time I'd locust some mobs to get them to follow me he'd run up to them and start freezing. It was brutal.

I'd end up leaving him to it and go round up some other packs in a different area of the map where he wouldn't interfere with my "monster collecting." It was hilarious in FoM though as I'd have 3-4 chargers follow me around, then they'd start their pre-charge animation. I'd wait for the charge then spirit walk and the wiz would run into the mob right as the chargers all charged, resulting in insta-death probably 20 or 30 times for him. I should have kept my mouth shut about him grabbing Unstable Anomaly though, as he switched to that which resulted in all the enemies near me getting knocked back 20 yards or so each time it triggered :/

I was playing with a terrible CM wiz the other night. Every time I'd locust some mobs to get them to follow me he'd run up to them and start freezing. It was brutal.

I'd end up leaving him to it and go round up some other packs in a different area of the map where he wouldn't interfere with my "monster collecting." It was hilarious in FoM though as I'd have 3-4 chargers follow me around, then they'd start their pre-charge animation. I'd wait for the charge then spirit walk and the wiz would run into the mob right as the chargers all charged, resulting in insta-death probably 20 or 30 times for him. I should have kept my mouth shut about him grabbing Unstable Anomaly though, as he switched to that which resulted in all the enemies near me getting knocked back 20 yards or so each time it triggered :/

LMFAO ... that's fuckin' terrible. Rat and Talay are both great CM wiz when it comes to playing COB. So much so, that I actually thought CM wiz was a good compliment to COB WD when I first started running the build. I get spoiled playing with GAF'ers. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom