• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

Right, but you still get ilevel 58-62 drops as well even on MP1.

True, but other than slightly lower base rolls does it really matter?

You can still get ilvl 58 1k+ dps/cd/ls/socket weapons, and armour with all res, sockets, main stat and vit that are ilvl 58 and beat ilvl 63 ones.

Shifty76

Then why do I still get i60 and below items in MP1 or higher? MP1 increases your chance of getting 61-63 but it's not exclusively among those levels. Anything below 60 is not even Inferno quality loot!

Not true at all.

These were the first trifecta gloves I ever found. You're saying that's not inferno quality?

CXXkNjB.jpg

MrDaravon

True, but other than slightly lower base rolls does it really matter?

You can still get ilvl 58 1k+ dps/cd/ls/socket weapons, and armour with all res, sockets, main stat and vit that are ilvl 58 and beat ilvl 63 ones.

I don't really care either way, was just pointing that out because I think that's what dahbomb was getting at. Also yeah that's true in theory, but you'd have to get godlike rolls for a i58 item to beat a decently rolled i63. There's a reason most people don't pick those up unless they're salvaging for materials :p

kennah

You guys are misunderstanding. You can still roll level 58 items - but they can roll with ilvl63 affixes. The item level doesn't matter for anything except for armour number and weapon base damage.

Notice how your level 58 gloves still require a level 60 character to equip.

V_Arnold

Yep, the point is that ilvl does not matter when it drops with ilvl 63 affix rolls.

I don't really care either way, was just pointing that out because I think that's what dahbomb was getting at. Also yeah that's true in theory, but you'd have to get godlike rolls for a i58 item to beat a decently rolled i63. There's a reason most people don't pick those up unless they're salvaging for materials :p

Bad news for you: those people should have picked it up, in case it was a glove or a weapon.

MrDaravon

Yep, the point is that ilvl does not matter when it drops with ilvl 63 affix rolls.

Bad news for you: those people should have picked it up, in case it was a glove or a weapon.

I almost always pick up all rares for salvaging purposes anyway :p. I've definitely gotten worthwhile lower ilvl gloves/bracers, but I don't think I've ever gotten a rare weapon worth shit lower than an ilvl 62, just because even if the affixes are great the base weapon damage is usually just way too low to make up for it (excluding reduced lvl weapons).

ferr

I almost always pick up all rares for salvaging purposes anyway :p. I've definitely gotten worthwhile lower ilvl gloves/bracers, but I don't think I've ever gotten a rare weapon worth shit lower than an ilvl 62, just because even if the affixes are great the base weapon damage is usually just way too low to make up for it (excluding reduced lvl weapons).

I don't think I've ever picked up a non-ring/amulet rare that was worth more than 1M on the AH. I try to pick up the i63 items only so I at least have some salvaging, but not so much that my inv fills after 5 minutes.

Shifty76

I don't think I've ever picked up a non-ring/amulet rare that was worth more than 1M on the AH. I try to pick up the i63 items only so I at least have some salvaging, but not so much that my inv fills after 5 minutes.

On my A1 run (festering-Leo's-FoM) I'll pick any ilvl rare 1-handers, gloves, jewelry, doom hammers and pants.

Typically my inventory fills up right as I finish. Unless Crypt spawns of course...then it fills up earlier.

MrDaravon

On my A1 run (festering-Leo's-FoM) I'll pick any ilvl rare 1-handers, gloves, jewelry, doom hammers and pants.

Typically my inventory fills up right as I finish. Unless Crypt spawns of course...then it fills up earlier.

What's up with Doom Hammers? I've seen a couple of other people mention that lately as well. I haven't played much for a couple of months, is there some new thing with those?

Xian

Neo Member
What's up with Doom Hammers? I've seen a couple of other people mention that lately as well. I haven't played much for a couple of months, is there some new thing with those?

They buffed the possible stats on 2handers at some point but the main reason are the buffs to WD's cloud of bats.
Low APS means you need less mana when channeling.

V_Arnold

On the note of Pick Up Radius, I said that it should just be a passive increase per Paragon level (like Gold find/Magic find). This is not an unreasonable request and it would not hurt WDs at all as along as they have a good Paragon level.

And please don't give me this "how out of touch are you?" crap. I am not your average D3 player who played for a week then dropped it. I have played since launch and have played again whenever there was a big patch. I know what has been changed since that time and have experienced it. The game is still far from being fixed in terms of loot, itemization, affixes and stats... which I don't even know if the expansion will fix but I am curious at least.

Sorry for taking this personally, but the pickup request is still insane, man. You would basically need WD's to be paragon level 60+ for THE cookie cutter build.And what shall they farm with until then? Firebomb? Acid Rain? Let us do the same to every other class and we can call it fair, but this random delegation to paragon stat only would only hurt players who have yet to have a high paragon WD. It is pointless.

That being said, from what we currently know about Paragon 2.0, it looks like gf/Mf bonuses (and possibly the stat bonuses) are going out, you will need to reallocate your points to them if you want them.

Dahbomb

Anyone know if the enchant one affix thing is a one time thing only or you can keep rolling affixes as much as you can. And if you do it once and arw allowed to do it again, can you roll a different affix than the first?

Let's say I have thorns and gold find on my gloves which I want changed. First time I roll thorns and it gets changed into pick up radius. I am not satisfied, now can I roll that stat again? Or an I done? And if say I finally get IAS in it, can I roll the gold find after that?

MrDaravon

Anyone know if the enchant one affix thing is a one time thing only or you can keep rolling affixes as much as you can. And if you do it once and arw allowed to do it again, can you roll a different affix than the first?

Let's say I have thorns and gold find on my gloves which I want changed. First time I roll thorns and it gets changed into pick up radius. I am not satisfied, now can I roll that stat again? Or an I done? And if say I finally get IAS in it, can I roll the gold find after that?

I haven't been following it closely, but the impression I got at least initially was you can keep re-rolling as much as you want, but I think it just re-rolls one affix randomly. It seems like it would be slightly ridiculous if you could pick and choose which affix to re-roll, unless they make it really costly or something.

Dahbomb

Did anyone see this? Console version.

cS1DyvD.jpg

Check out that Izzuccob. Seems like Legendaries scale with your level. Console version seems like a test bed for Loot 2.0.

Jedi2016

They've always done that, haven't they? Or are there separate Legendaries for lower levels than higher? I've gotten a couple of low-level Legendaries, I assumed the stats were the way they were because of the level I was at when they dropped.

MrDaravon

They've always done that, haven't they? Or are there separate Legendaries for lower levels than higher? I've gotten a couple of low-level Legendaries, I assumed the stats were the way they were because of the level I was at when they dropped.

No, Legendaries have set levels. Legendaries dropping at any level and scaling to that level is one of the things people have been most looking forward to in the PC version.

So it seems they turned the Voodoo Helms switch on cause I only got like 5 today.

Crazy amount of set and legendaries today. Mostly trash.

V_Arnold

You can, over and over and over. The price will probably be costly, but it is still vastly superior to gambling.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are there any fixes for the shitty mid-battle loadings that cause crazy stutter that DON'T require an SSD?? It's starting to drive me nuts. I can't play HC like this.

V_Arnold

Are there any fixes for the shitty mid-battle loadings that cause crazy stutter that DON'T require an SSD?? It's starting to drive me nuts. I can't play HC like this.

Try THIS. It minimizes first load stuttering (it is still bad for the first few seconds, but only for the first time you play an act), it completely removes it from exit->reload playthroughs, and it also removes stuttering in case you close D3 and open it again. It needs to rebuffer itself every now and then, but it is as close to a solution as you can get without using SSD/Waiting for patch.

V_Arnold

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thukker-1451/hero/22297

Not terribly certain what to upgrade here either.

Need an asswhack expensive Skorn to beat out my weapon combo, and generally speaking while some things are less than ideal I seem to have run into a cost vs. upgrade wall here unless I'm missing anything terribly obvious.

Yes, you are missing two obvious things. One is a glove, other is a shoulder. Crafted should net you with something way better than what you currently have. Granted, it is a gamble, but it is a gamble worth taking. Same goes with bracers as well. All three are capable of having insanely high INT rolls.

Some mystery would be sweet too. Like ya know those Pages that are just the LOST numbers. If it was like that but they actually did something.

I mean certainly those LOST pages could do something nobodies figured out but I doubt it.

Like I'd like to be playing a some item drops I have no clue what it is and I'm like hmmm. I wonder.

Dunno how it would work tho if one person figured it out I assume everyone would know then.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Try THIS. It minimizes first load stuttering (it is still bad for the first few seconds, but only for the first time you play an act), it completely removes it from exit->reload playthroughs, and it also removes stuttering in case you close D3 and open it again. It needs to rebuffer itself every now and then, but it is as close to a solution as you can get without using SSD/Waiting for patch.

Thanks - I will give it a shot the moment I get home!

Some mystery would be sweet too. Like ya know those Pages that are just the LOST numbers. If it was like that but they actually did something.

I mean certainly those LOST pages could do something nobodies figured out but I doubt it.

Like I'd like to be playing a some item drops I have no clue what it is and I'm like hmmm. I wonder.

Dunno how it would work tho if one person figured it out I assume everyone would know then.

I actually have one of those pages sitting in my stash since the very beginning. Don't even know why I keep it around :p

Anyway I sold a couple of items in the RMAH. After Blizzard's cut I got $8 which I spent on gold and tried gearing up my Demon Hunter. Again, I'd appreciate any help you guys could give me with regards to the items and what I should look to change.

The amulet, bracers and gloves are again placeholders until I can craft something good (which will be never =( ). That should increase my dexterity by about 300. Likewise the belt is something to use until I can get a bid on a Witching Hour that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Frankly, none of the gear is amazing because gearing a DH seems to be far more expensive than any class I've seen so far. Any advice is appreciated.

http://d3up.com/b/1019935

The aim as usual is to be comfortable in MP5 and maybe extend to MP7 if possible.

edit - I followed a general guide but I don't know why I'm getting the feeling that I've completely fucked this up.

Try something like this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Juices-1991/hero/6088646

A few of those pieces wont be able to be replicated so get similar stats but lower them to something you can afford. Like I think that Innas chest is around $100.

At MP5 I suggest around 200K DPS for a good efficiency/exp balance. I'd suggest using FindersKeepers or doing it manually to find where your balance is to get the most EXP per hour.

Do like a few runs on MP1 record how much exp you have at the start and end and how long each run takes you. Average like a few runs and then do MP3 and then MP5. See which ones best.

I was running with Neoism at like 110M exp/hr. MP6 with my DH.

Your EHP is low, get more all resist and Vit. Then after you can survive work on the DPS. Alotta tank stats with low dex pieces are just ignored so you can easily get some of those. Try dropping bat for boar to get more defensive stats. It was an adjustment for me and I didnt like not having that hatred regen but the boar lets me tank a lot harder.

Try Bola - Bitter Pill. For a hatred/discipline regenerator attack. Look at replacing the manticore with a one hander. You'll go from 1.7 something attack speed to 2.7. Which is crucial for things like rapid fire and even just the bola so you can get hatred/discipline back faster. Try it on a small scale like buy a real cheap one and try it mp1 and if you like get a better one for higher mp.

Thanks for the advice. Your DH is totally decked out and is pretty amazing :). I felt like I need the extra disc which is why I went with the Nat set. I'll look into getting some more defensive stats. I don't much care for optimizing XP/hour since I usually play with friends and we just go at whatever pace. He keeps pulling me into PVP to test out new skills as well :p. I'm never going to get to 100 on any character anyway so as long as I can manage to not be a liability at MP5-7 I'm happy.

I've been informed by a friend that my belt is a crime against nature so I guess I'll need to get a WH sooner rather than later. I'll also look for a cheapish one hand and see how that goes. Are proper bows completely useless now? I've always preferred the bow to crossbows.

Also, which pieces would you suggest I try and build vit/AR on?

Depends how much you have.

Like your Natal Boots are 192 dex. Thats considered low dex. 299 or 300 I believe is max? So for low dex you should be able to get Vit on them for cheap. Maybe a few M.

Like I just actually switched 199 dex boots to 193 and 67 vit. They were 8M, there were cheaper options but I didnt see any that gave me as large an HP boost. I lost 350 or so DPS but gained 3.5K life. Like a paragon level or two will make up that DPS.

And go for a bit of Vit and Life % of the Vile Wards.

Look into Unity rings. The Life % or Vit or All Resist ones will keep you alive with the life on hit and damage modifier they can add a pretty good amount of DPS too.

Westonian

Just getting back into the game after months. The last time I played the Key Wardens were introduced. I still don't have a ring from that. I'm completely last as to what has value and what doesn't. When I quit my monk was average. How does he stack up now>

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Westonian-1503/hero/5230312

What gear should I focus on now? I only have $1 million gold, so sky is definitely not the limit.

None of my friends still play, so if I'm looking for some new people to run with. Westonian#1503

Anyone can help me?

It seems I keep getting hacked. I noticed yesterday that someone took my account. So far, so good.
Changed my password, my email-password and changed the security question.

After 3 hours or so, my password was changed again. Okay, then I used some mobile authenticator...
And just half an hour ago, it was hacked yet again.

Already scanned for trojans or something like that and nothing showed up and even if I should have one, the authentication should prevent things like that.

Any idea???

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I apparently lack a flash drive larger than 1gig at the moment. If this cache thing works, I may just invest in a nice 32 gig flash to have around. I will check into it this week I guess!

Jrmint

Did all that stuff just drop for you?

That's crazy if so, and definitely is exciting to see what they can do with the expansion.

Dahbomb

Did all that stuff just drop for you?

That's crazy if so, and definitely is exciting to see what they can do with the expansion.
Not me, just some guy who has been farming as Barb in Inferno. Pretty much everyone is getting loot like this for their class. It's essentially what Loot 2.0 is supposed to be... only it's way over the top on the console.

It depends on how difficult the higher MP levels are. This really just seems like a screening test for Loot 2.0. The real version will most definitely be toned down for the PC version.

Basically a TON of Legendaries are now viable/useful. And when you get these Legendaries chances are very high that they will roll the main stat for your class. These Legendaries also drop more commonly, that figure that Blizzard quoted of 1:6 is pretty much accurate. Not only has the quality of Legendaries improved but the quantity as well.

Shifty76

Just getting back into the game after months. The last time I played the Key Wardens were introduced. I still don't have a ring from that. I'm completely last as to what has value and what doesn't. When I quit my monk was average. How does he stack up now>

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Westonian-1503/hero/5230312

What gear should I focus on now? I only have $1 million gold, so sky is definitely not the limit.

None of my friends still play, so if I'm looking for some new people to run with. Westonian#1503

We put together a pretty kickass wiki on the monk subreddit over on reddit.
Take a peek through there - particularly the section for new monks relating to gearing and skills (Resolve sucks btw) :)

Dahbomb

Holy wow...That loot is dumb. I hope they only did that because of the lack of AH?
I love the idea that lower level Legendaries now scale with your level, are available in Inferno and you have a way higher chance of rolling not only better stats on Legendaries but the stats for your class when you are the one who finds it.

What I don't like is how these items are dropping like candy with no MF bonuses even. I want Legendaries to be good/viable when you finally find them but when they become routine finds on your run they lose their luster.

And of course this doesn't even get into what the higher level MPs are at. I hope they did increase difficulty all across the board.

Obviously they made loot drops more frequent due to no AH.

Ok but IMO it now makes everything a lot more powerful and so it doesn't even really matter what gear you have.

So I guess they have to really make the game a lot harder.

I'd love to see a mode that was like faster paced. Like the speed was turned up on everything.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ok - got a 32gb 3.0 drive. Do I just drag the game folder over to it to force it to run of of there, or do I ready boost it and have it act as a cache?

V_Arnold

Ok - got a 32gb 3.0 drive. Do I just drag the game folder over to it to force it to run of of there, or do I ready boost it and have it act as a cache?

You have to format it as ReadyDoost drive. NTFS. Make sure to connect it to your computer's USB3.0 port (some only have one or two, usually at the back).

Then simply start the game, and you will notice the differences once it is cached in.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You have to format it as ReadyDoost drive. NTFS. Make sure to connect it to your computer's USB3.0 port (some only have one or two, usually at the back).

Then simply start the game, and you will notice the differences once it is cached in.

Should I dedicate the drive or just use the drive? Or is there a difference?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You cant use it if you do not dedicate to it, as far as I know. :D

Got it. Stutter is much less (but still present). Usually, after I do something for the first time it stutters, but it goes away after that.

Unrelated, any thoughts on how to improve my DH? I'm leveling my Barb and want to finish gearing up my DH and then work on my WD.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nicoga3000-1757/hero/1373045

I've got about 20m to spend on him. If there aren't any crazy upgrades I can get, I won't bother with it. I want to save about 75m to kit out my WD.

MrDaravon

w00t:
http://i.imgur.com/cr2NXmx.jpg

I'm heading over to the 360 version now but I'll be back for RoS.

Congrats!

Seeing this new gear system on the consoles is making me feel like not even playing the pc version anymore until its updated =\

I'll still flip-flop; I'm going to be playing with almost entirely different groups of friends on both. Right now on PC I'm going to get the last two classes I haven't played up to 60, then focus on just doing low-level MP grinding for Paragon XP, which is significantly easier and less stressful than doing high MP runs.

Sothpaw

Seeing this new gear system on the consoles is making me feel like not even playing the pc version anymore until its updated =

Unless the console version gets some magical ability to cast spells with the precision afforded by a mouse I wouldn't bother. Some spells would be a nightmare to cast with a pad. Plus we get the xpac months before console which will render the console versions completely inferior in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom