• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

So I think I've settled on a solid monk build. For now anyway ;)

Stun monk

Stats not 100% accurate since d3up doesn't sync with the loot 2.0 stuff, but I created my new bracers/shoulders so it's reasonably close. HP is about 5k lower in-game though. Bnet link is completely borked so no point adding that.

Melts Torment IV pretty easy and I haven't tried anything higher yet. Stun bells and EP are both so OP it's ridiculous, but I won't complain.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EU GAF

SO FUCKING GOOD

Good job today! Vodh, Era, Ryan, Ursuk, Riggs (even if you're in US server, I still love you)!

You're al fucking awesome, good solid 16 hours today. Staying up for another 12 or so lol

5dfo.jpg

what do?

It's about a 30,000 "damage" difference (387k --> 355k) to go from about 60k hp to 90k hp + some cold resist and regen.

With the HP ring, I'm at 37% attack speed, 42.3% crit chance, 417% crit damage.

With the other ring, 44% attack speed, 45.8^ crit chance, 467% crit damage.

Resists are around 500. +23% move speed. I'm tired and can't think it all the way through.

EU GAF

SO FUCKING GOOD

Good job today! Vodh, Era, Ryan, Ursuk, Riggs (even if you're in US server, I still love you)!

You're al fucking awesome, good solid 16 hours today. Staying up for another 12 or so lol

Haha... you're crazy, Yoshi. Good to hang with you guys over there though. I've been enjoying clan chat even if I'm not always responding.

Edit: Extra Babble: This is actually my first time really attempting to get through the game. I stopped after Act I originally because I was constantly disappointed by the loot I was finding and tired of seeing 100K+ prices on the AH for yellows. I kept killing shit over and over and over again and it never felt awesome. Enjoying it WAY more this round and plan to stick around for the expansion.

tylerf

Haven't played in a long time but got sucked into the new patch hype. Really jumps out at you how nice it is to get relevant items from drops and not having to hunt around the auction house to find something useful.

I'm pretty happy with my monk build right now:

Dashing strike > way of the falling star, cyclone strike > eye of the storm, wave of light > blinding light, exploding palm > flesh is weak, mantra of conviction > overwave

Sieze > exalted > transcendence

I'm dicking around with different spirit generators and am currently trying crippling wave> rising tide. Basically cyclone in, place an EP, lay out a bell. It's a very effective crowd control build. The bells and EP do damage while the group stays relatively stun locked. Which also prevents incoming damage. Dashing strike is used for travel and for getting out of sticky situations. Thanks to Raticus I also have two clones that come out on stunned enemies. They're each capable of 30-50k crits, use deadly reach and also use cyclone too.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
STONE OF JORDAAAAAAN

Sajjaja

Yeah so I just finished the storyline of the game....so bad holy shit. You guys have to play through this shift so often too lol.

I played my monk on normal and now am doing expert. Pretty fun. I like seeing the numbers get bigger. I notice I`m leveling quite a bit faster too. Made like 4-5 levels and I haven`t gotten Lorics crown yet (I`m level 37 now). Still no legendary drops in this second run.

Yoshichan

Fourth time beating this sucker today!

Fifth in the making :3

Anyone have a clan I can join? I have an embarrassingly immature account name, so if you want to play just send me a PM or reply to this with your username.

I hadn't played for almost a year (whenever the paragon patch came out) before the latest patch came out. I have a 60 Barbarian (Paragon 8 or 9), 52 Witch Doctor, 40 or so DH (who I've been playing most recently), and a 25 Wizard that I started the night of the patch. I'd love a good community that I could join because I think I'm going to be playing pretty frequently now. So yeah, just hit meh up 0;}

MedIC86

Does anyone have an idea what a good wizard build is atm, i used to play to archon but i dont really feel its viable since they changed the way archon works now. I have 300k dps unbuffed if it matters for a build.

Thanks for any tips

jersoc

Does anyone have an idea what a good wizard build is atm, i used to play to archon but i dont really feel its viable since they changed the way archon works now. I have 300k dps unbuffed if it matters for a build.

Thanks for any tips

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1z6kmw/wizard_elemental_synergy_a_build_for_every/

check out altnob's build. i just played for about an hour with and destroyed on T2. I do have a legacy skorn like he suggests though. You'll definitely want some sort of life steal for the elites.

RivalCore

Awww man, this game sucked me right back in. Loving that there's actual experimentation with loot and skills.

Is there room in EU GAF clan? Can I join...? Rivalcycle#2188

Yoshichan

Jesus holy Moly, EU GAF is making me stay awake for more than what was planned

I LOVE IT

MrDaravon

I LOVE IT

Yeah, in the US clan me and Havok have taken to harshly rating legendary drops that get auto posted in the chat lol. It's good times. I don't really play PC games generally so I've never been a part of clan stuff, but this is really fun.

ferr

Kindershot + Wyrdward + Warzechian Armguards = do want. So many legs dropping, none that I want! Also a better Blind Faith.

M.J. Doja

Banned
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/penders-purchase

Got a couple of these farming Act III, Torment III.

Hope they turn out nice.

Thanks for the help yesterday bro! My barb felt pretty damned useless next to you and the others.. not sure if thats just a gear deficiency or just how the class works. Has me itching to use my monk now!

Sidenote, GAF members have been extremely awesome so far in terms of grouping up. It's pretty cool to see.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member

I LOVE IT
I was up till 4. Was grouped till 3, we went through most of act 1, and all of 2 and 3. It was awesome. I even got some legendaries gifted to me. Can't remember the names, but everyone was super pleasant!

Concept17

Got back to playing my WD after seeing the update. I had last played her halfway through Inferno with some subpar all resistance gear. In about 20 minutes I acquired all new gear and my damage nearly doubled. o_O

Found one green item, and a bunch of other goodies. Was great. The game suddenly feels so rewarding and satisfying.

Btw, how do I know which difficulty level to play on? Was a bit confused by that.

Hanzou

Just want to get some opinions on what new class to play. I have only played a Barb and that was at release. I am looking for a ranged class, something that play much different then my melee Barb. I am not too concerned with playing the class that is the BEST at the top difficulties, just something that is fun to play while getting up to 60. Obviously looking at the DH Wizard and WD. Not sure which class will be the most fun and interesting to play.

Thanks

Concept17

Just want to get some opinions on what new class to play. I have only played a Barb and that was at release. I am looking for a ranged class, something that play much different then my melee Barb. I am not too concerned with playing the class that is the BEST at the top difficulties, just something that is fun to play while getting up to 60. Obviously looking at the DH Wizard and WD. Not sure which class will be the most fun and interesting to play.

Thanks

Give them both a try. WD is my personal favorite because the mechanics are the most unique in the game, imo, and the character is just a well executed concept. Also, Zombie Bears.

Yoshichan

good night oh sweet gaf

my god

what a trip

Mothman91

Anyone else having freezing issues? Twice in a row, once when I opened the AH, and now when I try to get into game. On a Mac btw.

Edit: I can't even fucking force close this program...wth. Gotta force a restart

Whelp, finally going to get a D3 character to lvl 60 I think... Hopefully this keeps me interested in the game for bit longer this time.

If NA clan invite is still a possibility, BolognaOni#1382 is mah b-tag. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom