• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Monks didn't get shit in the preview :(. I was hoping for something big. Aw well - I havent played in months, and am feeling the itch. I know it'll be easier regardless after the system changes.

7777% weapon damage Seven Sided Strike. believe

I still wouldn't use it lol

alexel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zio6WfZwWrQ#t=18m15s

If I have any "secret", I guess it's that partying with Wiz/Monk/DHs with good CC makes things "easier" (I die less), but even solo, I still do it in less time anyway.

Yea the 7 elite packs are no problem for me either. None of those elite packs in your video were scary at all. Plus you had to do some tactical maneurving around the outer edges at the beginning before enough LOH was proccing. Also you almost died right at the beginning as well.

The point I was trying to make is CM Wizard while not doing as much dmg and not being able to clear the map as fast can just spam standing in place and just chill there while everything is permafreezed.

The other analogy I can think of is when the furious charge glitch still existed and you could get permastun effect on your barb exploiting it. That's the level of ease/control I feel CM wizard can get to (even though ranged mobs can still mess them up if not careful).

Ploid 3.0

The WD buff looks pretty good indeed :D

Zombie dogs was used as an example of their pet buff. So you can be a kite WD and your pet will still survive better. No more smacking your forehead when the pets stand in aoe since they take less damage from them. Base mana regen is increased from 20 to 45 is good. Faster spell cast on some spells too (haste effect).

I await the official notes to really get a sense of the pet changes. It was kinda confusing to read.

Wow Vision Quest is nerfed big time. I wonder if it's just 30% regen without needing cooldowns, if you still need cooldowns... crap! I didn't like VQ much anyway but don't make it completely useless.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yea the 7 elite packs are no problem for me either. None of those elite packs in your video were scary at all. Plus you had to do some tactical maneurving around the outer edges at the beginning before enough LOH was proccing. Also you almost died right at the beginning as well.

The point I was trying to make is CM Wizard while not doing as much dmg and not being able to clear the map as fast can just spam standing in place and just chill there while everything is permafreezed.

The other analogy I can think of is when the furious charge glitch still existed and you could get permastun effect on your barb exploiting it. That's the level of ease/control I feel CM wizard can get to (even though ranged mobs can still mess them up if not careful).

I almost died because I don't have any fury generators, so I have to get hit to get my initial fury. In the middle of a normal run, I usually have fury left over from before so it's not a big issue.

CM Wiz still gets annoyed with ranged and frozen. Tornado barbs can just Berserk and be immune to all CC forever.

In an act 3 run, you run into elite golgors, what, once or twice? If at all?

Even when you do run into them, just keep your positioning so that you whirlwind through them when they are winding up their attack so that they miss you.

Zaventem

The WD buff looks pretty good indeed :D

Zombie dogs was used as an example of their pet buff. So you can be a kite WD and your pet will still survive better. No more smacking your forehead when the pets stand in aoe since they take less damage from them. Base mana regen is increased from 20 to 45 is good. Faster spell cast on some spells too (haste effect).

I await the official notes to really get a sense of the pet changes. It was kinda confusing to read.

link to supposed patch notes?

alexel

I almost died because I don't have any fury generators, so I have to get hit to get my initial fury. In the middle of a normal run, I usually have fury left over from before so it's not a big issue.

CM Wiz still gets annoyed with ranged and frozen. Tornado barbs can just Berserk and be immune to all CC forever.

In an act 3 run, you run into elite golgors, what, once or twice? If at all?

Even when you do run into them, just keep your positioning so that you whirlwind through them when they are winding up their attack so that they miss you.

Good point around CC still impacting the CM wizards since that is a pretty huge drawback for them (though a high crit rate CM wizard can keep them frozen enough where they rarely get a cast off).

I also do that when fighting Golgors of course (otherwise how would I ever kill them?). The difference is while I need to time my sweeps across them (especially if they're molten), a CM wizard can just cast a few tornados, frost nova, jam on all their buttons for a while while standing in place, and dead elite golgor a little bit later.

Jesus christ monks are getting fucked, DH straight up got decent buffs.
They should have messed with our spirit generators to make Crippling wave and FoTP more viable.

scy

I was hoping something would change at a mechanical level but it really seems like number tweaks is really all they'll do. And most of them aren't even that impressive.

Also, double Sentry output is still kind of bad :x

lol... just got my second ever legendary and surprise surprise, garbage.

How do I post a pic of it? I see people doing that a lot.

scosher

They probably could've condensed all the class previews to just one blog post. Or one sentence:

"We increased damage on all unpopular skills."

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I was hoping something would change at a mechanical level but it really seems like number tweaks is really all they'll do.

Yep. A lot of the bad skills are bad because they have shitty damage, yes, but the reason they have shitty damage is because the underlying mechanics of those skills are bad.

Like what I said about arcane torrent earlier.

With bola shot and entangling shot, the damage buffs are nice, but the delay from bola shot still sucks, and the the slow from entangling shot isn't that useful to be able to synergize well with other builds.

Hmm some decent stuff for Demon Hunter. Might use something other than Hungering Arrow depending on the damage increase entangling shot gets...

I love cluster so I'm glad that's getting a boost, though nothing crazy. Rain of vengeance though, maybe it won't be so useless now.

I better find a quiver now with an entangling shot bonus because those might go up in price after the damage increase.

scy

They probably could've condensed all the class previews to just one blog post. Or one sentence:

Yeah. Kind of a shame, I was hoping this would be a good chance to revisit why some skills are bad rather than just "have it do 14% more damage."

The largest "change" is the rewording of some skills to more accurately (e.g., display a bigger number) depict how they work.

datamage

I was hoping something would change at a mechanical level but it really seems like number tweaks is really all they'll do. And most of them aren't even that impressive.

Yeah, I was hoping they would change them mechanically, so we'd get new techniques to try out.

Oh well.

Here we go, my second ever legendary. Yay.

crappylegendarysbozs.png

:(

It is hilarious that they went from 70% to 700% for rain of vengeance. How they landed on 70% when they were making the game blows my mind.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Here we go, my second ever legendary. Yay.

http://www.abload.de/img/crappylegendarysbozs.png[IMG]

:([/QUOTE]
Heh, at least you get a brimstone worth 300k+!

[quote="-Pyromaniac-, post: 41107981"]It is hilarious that they went from 70% to 700% for rain of vengeance. How they landed on 70% when they were making the game blows my mind.[/QUOTE]

Srsly.

Many of us realized in the first few weeks how worthless a lot of these skills are. Hell, publicly posted detailed analysis of skill damage was put up as early as June [url]http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/hatred-generators-demystified[/url]

Yeah. Kind of a shame, I was hoping this would be a good chance to revisit why some skills are bad rather than just "have it do 14% more damage."

The largest "change" is the rewording of some skills to more accurately (e.g., display a bigger number) depict how they work.

It would be nice to see some mechanical changes to the classes (like and IAS increase on a passive), but I would be fine with them just buffing the living shit out of what we got until it forces me to really look at my build and make some judgement calls. At this point in time, I've probably only used 50% of the skills made availbel and about 30% of the runs. I've only used about 30% of the passives. Once I got to inferno, those numbers deceresed. These "buffs" aren't forcing me to make any tough decisions though ...

eek5

The lack of mechanical changes to skills or any sort of changes to resource cost or CD adjustment are weird. It looks like they only approached things from a damage angle. Also I don't think they've mentioned changing any passives at all?

It's hard to make any judgement without looking at the full patch notes though so whatever.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
It is hilarious that they went from 70% to 700% for rain of vengeance. How they landed on 70% when they were making the game blows my mind.
They changed it to 75% for 5 seconds to 715% OVER 5 seconds.

...so like 140% for 5 seconds roughy. About double damage, not 10 times damage.

i thought cluster arrows with bombs was popular for DHs

thats what I use and I am thoroughly pleased with these buffs

rain of vengeance needed to be buffed as well as the sentry

mmm mmm mmm

scy

Didn't Rain scale with IAS% (rather, it used DPS for calculations instead of damage)? So it's kind of a smaller upgrade than it looks anyway.

The lack of mechanical changes to skills or any sort of changes to resource cost or CD adjustment are weird. It looks like they only approached things from a damage angle. Also I don't think they've mentioned changing any passives at all?

It's hard to make any judgement without looking at the full patch notes though so whatever.

At least for a monk ... The dps changes aren't enough to make me change anything. Spamming MoC is still a more efficient way to burn spirit.

I wholeheartedly agree with your second point, though this preview has deflated my hopes pretty drastically.

scy

I wholeheartedly agree with your second point, though this preview has deflated my hopes pretty drastically.

The way I see it, these changes they're highlighting are the major ones they feel need the spotlight.

...so at least there's the Legendary changes to maybe diversify things!

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The way I see it, these changes they're highlighting are the major ones they feel need the spotlight.

Yeah, there's still a lot that we don't know. The legendary changes are enough for me to be excited overall.

Which is the way I see it as well. It's the pessimist in me talking. Though from my experience so far, pessimism is the safer of the options when dealing with these patches.

I am very happy with the 2H buff, the co-op changes and the legendary changes as well. So if nothing else changes, it won’t be so bad.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The Wizard preview has been updated:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6939564

meteor and AT infos:
Meteor:

Base damage increased from 200% + 60% over 3 seconds to 260% + 60% over 3 seconds
Molten Impact damage increased from 260% +78% over 3 seconds to 390% + 90% over 3 seconds
Meteor Shower damage increased from 80% to 104% for each smaller Meteor
Comet damage (of initial hit) increased from 240% to 312%

Arcane Torrent:

Arcane Power cost reduced from 20 to 16
Base damage increased from 175% to 210%
Arcane Mines damage increased from 150% to 180%
Cascade damage increased from 175% to 210%
Death Blossom projectiles are now less random

Cluster buff is kinda weird ? It was default spell for all low crit chance DHs using sharphooter anyway ?

And rain of vengence buff is kinda pointless - i'm not using it because of limited dmg. I'm not using it because defensive skills consume so many of my skill slots.

Well at least entagling shot which was great against groups of enemies will be even better ;)

Zaventem

They should lower the cd on rain of vengeance if the want it to be "Iconic" it's still a terrible skill.It seems the only thing they're doing is boosting damage and not looks at everything as a whole.So depressing.

Cipherr

Yep Sentry change is useless, this game you are always general moving about, killing a pack and moving on, running out of desecration and molten and getting feared off in one direction, and running from frost orbs in the other direction. A stationary sentry that costs Discipline of all things is hilariously bad. They could have tripled the damage and noone would ever use it in a load out except for boss fights where it can be assured that you will be fighting in an enclosed arena-esque area.

Oh well, at least they didnt nerf us like they did Wizards and Witch Doctors though. They even buffed LFB which has already become a staple skill for the class with its insane damage.

Hmm some decent stuff for Demon Hunter. Might use something other than Hungering Arrow depending on the damage increase entangling shot gets...

I love cluster so I'm glad that's getting a boost, though nothing crazy. Rain of vengeance though, maybe it won't be so useless now.

I better find a quiver now with an entangling shot bonus because those might go up in price after the damage increase.

The entangling buff to damage would have to be pretty substantial in order for me to consider it. But maybe they will deliver.

Zertez

Hope those arent the real WD notes, because if they are, it is a huge nerf with little to make up for it. 25 extra mana regen is a nice start, but most WD are already using much more than that and it is still a drop in the bucket compared to the mana cost of most WD spells. I have serious doubts they are going to bring the other skills up to the same dps as bears or rain, and the nerf to VQ will kill these builds. The notes even mentioned they killed these builds.

It seems they adjusted the damage on the spells and cool downs, but I dont see mention of lowering the mana costs of the spells. Just upping regen by 25 without cutting the huge costs, wont accomplish much, unless the buff to the spell damage is huge. Im not happy needing a bar full of skills I dont really want to keep VQ going, but I dont want to kite with dogs either. If I run my regen gear now with the new 25 mana increase, it still doesnt come close to VQ.

They only mention dogs, so unsure if the buffs will apply to other pets as well. Overall it seems like they still have no clue about the class and just upped some percentages and nerfed the one powerful ability the class had. VQ wasnt overpowered compared to other classes, and nerfing it into the ground with little compensation is a dumb move. Hopefully the official notes will come out soon as there is already a lot of pissed off WDs.

scy

Oh well, at least they didnt nerf us like they did Wizards and Witch Doctors though. They even buffed LFB which has already become a staple skill for the class with its insane damage.

I still contend the WW change isn't build breaking. It'll require more crit to hit that break point of infinite sustain but it isn't that big of a deal for the CDR proc off of CM for most short cooldown spells (e.g., Frost Nova, Diamond Skin).

As for WD, do keep in mind that they nearly doubled their base Mana regen. The only nerf there seems to be the change to Vision Quest and machine translated garbled text makes it seem like they changed it to something that doesn't require multiple long cooldown spells (grants a short term Mana Regen buff rather than while cooldowns are going). It's still not near infinite mana like old VQ but, eh...

Always hated VQ since it was a broken skill that completely defeated the purpose of even having other skills since they're always under cooldown. It was just plain unfun to use (unlike the CM Wizard build that got nerfed)

Looking forward to the WD buffs so the class can actually be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom