• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm kind of pissed that they buffed bola shot, entangling, and evasive on DH but left grenades alone when that was the one that needed it the most because of how awkward it is to use. Hell they didn't even give it a damage increase. They could have done that at the very least. I use it as the generator on my DH (tank build). Would have been nice. Figures the one that I use is left as is.

Only thing that might be worth it for Monk is the exploding palm change. I don't care how much SSS does. I seriously doubt they are going to buff it enough to make the cool down worth it.

Legendary changes don't really do anything for me because the blasted things don't drop enough to get excited. I've gotten 1 level 60 legendary in hundreds of hours of playing the game and 2 really awful low level ones. They basically showed everyone a bunch of items they will never find. And you know they will be stupidly expensive on the AH.

They still haven't addressed the biggest issue with the game which is that your chance of actually finding a good item is too damned low.

Tom Penny

I'm excited mantra if retribution is still totally worthless and there is still only 5 useful passives for Monk. Great job blizzard !!!

DTKT

I'm kind of pissed that they buffed bola shot, entangling, and evasive on DH but left grenades alone when that was the one that needed it the most because of how awkward it is to use. Hell they didn't even give it a damage increase. They could have done that at the very least. I use it as the generator on my DH (tank build). Would have been nice. Figures the one that I use is left as is.

Only thing that might be worth it for Monk is the exploding palm change. I don't care how much SSS does. I seriously doubt they are going to buff it enough to make the cool down worth it.

Legendary changes don't really do anything for me because the blasted things don't drop enough to get excited. I've gotten 1 level 60 legendary in hundreds of hours of playing the game and 2 really awful low level ones. And you know they will be stupidly expensive on the AH.

They still haven't addressed the biggest issue with the game which is that your chance of actually finding a good item is too damned low.

Fixing rare stats spread and the actual drop rates would absolutely bring me back. Fixing legendaries is just one small issue in a sea of problems.

But I don't think you'll see anything about rare loot in 1.04

scy

They upped item drop rates in general (quadrupled, if I recall) and fixed weapon damage values. There's also the proposed MF change that they haven't actually detailed yet. Assuming it is part of 1.0.4, anyway.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
They upped item drop rates in general (quadrupled, if I recall) and fixed weapon damage values. There's also the proposed MF change that they haven't actually detailed yet. Assuming it is part of 1.0.4, anyway.

I haven't got a problem with the drop rates. Its the quality I take issue with. Have they said whether they have addressed that? If they haven't that just means we'll be picking up 4x more junk.

Insaniac

Fixing rare stats spread and the actual drop rates would absolutely bring me back. Fixing legendaries is just one small issue in a sea of problems.

But I don't think you'll see anything about rare loot in 1.04

did you guys read the blog? Theres a whole section about adjust the rare stat spreads. Also white mobs will have a higher chance of dropping rares. not to mention the MF adjustments

Definity

Seen this blue post over on the forums:

The effects from Legendary procs will not damage other friendly members of your party. There are quite a range of proc effects we’ve added, and while some share similar visual effects with monster affixes, we tried to ensure that there was a visual distinction as much as possible. Also, there are quite a number Legendary procs that haven’t been discovered yet, and many are rather … interesting.

Take, for instance, this lovely ring:

Puzzle Ring (Ring) - This ring gives heroes a chance to summon a Treasure Goblin when they’re hit. The tooltip will be something along the lines of: "This ring sometimes calls forth a Treasure Goblin when you are hit."

…I bet that will prove to be entertaining during a boss fight. ;)

Sounds like a cool legendary item to me, lol.

V_Arnold

I haven't got a problem with the drop rates. Its the quality I take issue with. Have they said whether they have addressed that? If they haven't that just means we'll be picking up 4x more junk.

There is nothing wrong with the quality.* It is simply how random works. If you pick up 4 times the rares, you will have 4 times more chance for a good rare as well.

What do you think all those amazing rares in the AH come from? :)

*Besides the things that DO get addressed in 1.0.4, legendaries and lv61-62 weapon affix ranges.

scy

Basically, you'll get four times more magic/rare drops than before and weapons all can roll the ilvl 63 damage values. Two Handers will be better across the board (both in terms of damages but also with affixes).

There will still be bad affixes but ... random is random.

Tom Penny

Basically, you'll get four times more magic/rare drops than before and weapons all can roll the ilvl 63 damage values. Two Handers will be better across the board (both in terms of damages but also with affixes).

2 handers could be interesting and really even things out as far as having to spend ludicrous gold to uprgrade.

kennah

Anyone on later tonight that could help get my laggy ass through the rest of hell so I can start dying in Inferno?

Vodh

Wrong. They've quadrupled droprates from normal mobs only. Elites and bosses will still drop the same. And on top of that, the quadrupled droprate affects only magic and rare items, not the legendaries. Long story short, there has been no mention of any kind of adjustment of droprate for legendaries whatsoever. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Vodh

Well then, I guess somewhere between 3-4m. I imagine most monks would like to have loh, lpss, some sockets or crit damage on their weapons, so if it's just plain dps I'd say 3m sounds like good money.

If it was rare and had a socket or loh it would be worth soooo much, ah well :p

It dropped in act 1 with 2 stacks en route to the skeleton king, wasn't even farming

Ploid 3.0

a6b7c528dbb3cddedd4fddad6c404a745d6a3958.jpg
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6352745857#4

Oh wow!

Edit:

scy

Wrong. They've quadrupled droprates from normal mobs only. Elites and bosses will still drop the same.

I mean ... I guess I should have specified but I figured that was obvious that the drop rate adjustment was to regular enemies since elites/bosses are on a guaranteed chance for magic+.

And on top of that, the quadrupled droprate affects only magic and rare items, not the legendaries. Long story short, there has been no mention of any kind of adjustment of droprate for legendaries whatsoever. Sorry to burst the bubble.

Nobody said anything about this so I'm not entirely sure what point you're trying to prove here. Just that you'll get more drops so a greater chance to get a random roll in your favor for a good magic/rare item.

That 1166 dps monk fist weapon sold for 4.5 million before transaction fee :)

My Barb has already found something more valuable before reaching the skeleton king than my WD who I've spent 10s of hours farming all of act 2 =/

Cipherr

Getting the perfect rolls is always going to be extremely rare in a loot game. Theres no 'fix' coming for that. Youll get 4x the blues and yellows from trash, but they are not going to patch you an extra chance to roll the right stats.

scy

Getting the perfect rolls is always going to be extremely rare in a loot game. Theres no 'fix' coming for that. Youll get 4x the blues and yellows from trash, but they are not going to patch you an extra chance to roll the right stats.

Well, they at least improved weapon drops potential so at least ilvl 61/62 ones won't be as depressing to see drop.

ccbfan

They should stop dropping regular items all it does it clutter the field. They are completely useless past normal act 1.

Or make them useful. In d2 you can get high quality white items and socket them to create base for rune words. A good base was worth quite a bit. Also in d2 white items sold for a decent amount to get gold. White items are worthless in d3.

Something cool could be that white items can come with extra sockets. 2 for rings and ammy. 3 for weapons. 5 for pants and 6 for suit. Use it a a set up for rune words that probably coming up in the expansion or gem word.

ch0mp

I'm currently testing Demon Hunter and I have to say this and Monk were the most fun the play (up till level 9, of course!). I still need to test Witch Doctor.

Barbarian was just boring...

Any ways to reduce latency in the game? I'm mostly sitting at about 110-120.. It's perfectly playable but the lower the better. I do often get a... graphics lag? I don't know how to explain this
Funny, I've played 3 classes at 60 (barb, monk and DH) and the only one I actually want to play is the barb. Level 9 means nothing btw. Doesn't really represent how any of the classes play.

DTKT

That's really my problem with the overall design. Everything basically boils down to rare drops and nothing else is worth anything.

And on top of that, you get trash stats on iLevel63 items. Too many things need to work out in order to get a good drop.

That's really my problem with the overall design. Everything basically boils down to rare drops and nothing else is worth anything.

And on top of that, you get trash stats on iLevel63 items. Too many things need to work out in order to get a good drop.

Shouldn't that be the case though? What %age of rares should be considered good?

foladar

Just saw that Twitter from Bashiok mentioned earlier, if they really can hit the 21st, they've hooked me at least. Willing to give it a shot, figured the 28th would be bad for them with GW2 having the head start on the 25th.

At least this way I can play D3 while waiting.

Ploid 3.0

Just got this while trying to obtain gold to buy gear for WD.

fda2f9aac45d25c37687523d172ea5c629f57ef5.jpg

Looks like the staff that was in the Legendary notes. Life steal, crit hit dmg, int, dex, 400 dps. +300k gold

eek5

Save yourself a step and just salvage it before even IDing. That brimstone is probably worth more than the legendary ever could be

Ploid 3.0

Indeed. It's not going to get any better after the patch.

Oh oops, I already did, it had like 120 int, 100 dex, 2.80ish life steal, stun chance or something, and 40% crit dmg, the dps was like 400 something. I salvaged for the stone to sell (300k gold).

Could have been this. I think I'm going to wait until the patch to farm for gold.

ACO2DKG1DN9O1344454806444.jpg

Zaventem

I would rather VQ get nerfed 50% like wizard than what they're doing.Making more builds viable doesn't mean you should kill all of them.

VertPin

Augh. I can't log into my Diablo III game. I have an authenticator and the code wont work at all. Error 3. I have resynced and restored so many times. What should I do?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Imagine a 4 player party, with EVERYONE having the goblin ring. Everyone.

4 player party, 4 rings, and everyone's standing around those tower things in act 2 that continually spawn spiders. I hope the chance of spawning a goblin scales with how much damage you take or something. How many more of these new legendaries can be abused in such a way? In ways that are super-obvious, and others that aren't so obvious?

All these new legendary properties sound awesome in theory, but since the dev team wasn't even forward-thinking enough to realize that gold drops from vases was gonna be heavily abused, I'm pretty concerned that a lot of this legendary stuff is gonna be broken as shit in practice.

syllogism

4 player party, 4 rings, and everyone's standing around those tower things in act 2 that continually spawn spiders. I hope the chance of spawning a goblin scales with how much damage you take or something. How many more of these new legendaries can be abused in such a way? In ways that are super-obvious, and others that aren't so obvious?

All these new legendary properties sound awesome in theory, but since the dev team wasn't even forward-thinking enough to realize that gold drops from vases was gonna be heavily abused, I'm pretty concerned that a lot of this legendary stuff is gonna be broken as shit in practice.
How are bots going to catch and kill goblins though?

Whooter

Augh. I can't log into my Diablo III game. I have an authenticator and the code wont work at all. Error 3. I have resynced and restored so many times. What should I do?

Mobile Authenticator? Did you go through the procedure on Battle.net to get a new Serial and Restore code? They're forcing everyone to do that because of the hacking issue.

What do I look for in an offhand for my monk? Got 3 million gold to spend. I wanna get a good one!

Personally, wait until after the patch + one week.

61/62 items will get the same DPS as 63... therefore a weapon that costs 20 mil now, will probably be around 3 mil in two weeks time.

Stay strong and be a smart consumer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom