• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLU-82

Could someone help me price this amulet (EU). I had a look quickly but there is nothing up there with this combination of stats (at this amount). Is it worth as much I hope it is!?

2012-09-10_00001.jpg

kennah

People can add me. kennah#1358 I don't play as much as I'd like to, but have a 60(7) Barb that can run Act I with no problems, 2 mostly and 3 in a group.

I'm Juices#1991. I play often at 12+-4PM EST. US servers. On weekends occasionally all day.

DH who is stuck at Ghom currently. Well we tried a lot but I'm gunna see if I can solo it tonight.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Well, now if everyone's gonna start posting their tag...

For people playing on the EU servers, here's mine: Beru#1678

I do Act 3 runs.

Added all of you, like I said before I only play at nights around 9 pm EST for a couple of hours but I farm Act 3 comfortably so I don't mind helping others or tagging along with powerful friends.

Someone please tell me this shit is fake:

I haven't even had Diablo 3 installed in months. The first one says it was sent from "Blizzard Entertainment" and then my own fucking email address. So that's pretty weird. The second one links me to the WOW terms of service.

The fuck is this shit?

I haven't even had Diablo 3 installed in months. The first one says it was sent from "Blizzard Entertainment" and then my own fucking email address. So that's pretty weird. The second one links me to the WOW terms of service.

The fuck is this shit?

Looks like a phishing attempt to me.

EDIT: but there's no harm in changing your battle.net account password anyway (using a different link obviously).

The fuck is this shit?
lol fake. Blizzard emailing you from a yahoo account?

kennah

lol fake. Blizzard emailing you from a yahoo account?

The yahoo account is his. But yeah, good callsign, normally emails come from donotreply@blizzard.com or something like that.

In other news - Due to some lucky drops and y'all helping me with my build, I'm now able to do (very very slowly) Act II with +201 MF gear. Just need a better 1 hand weapon because I'm rolling with only 20k dps. Oof. Slow and steady..

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kennah-1358/hero/19646036

Insaniac

Right now blizz + venom hydra kiting since my gear sucks its all that works. Archon looks fun though but my gear isn't enough

ditch the pinpoint barrier since you're using venome hydra / blizzard. You're better off using force armor. also you're better off using cold blooded instead of glass cannon IMO. I'd invest in more all-resist stuff but if you don't have the money then just use force armor

MrDaravon

3rd Legendary today from the Vault in Act 2, seem to have broken through that wall. I can't check right now, this seems maybe okay?

yf16z.png

Keikaku

3rd Legendary today from the Vault in Act 2, seem to have broken through that wall. I can't check right now, this seems maybe okay?

yf16z.png
According to this the DPS is low and the min/max damage modifiers are middling. I would also assume that if it had +STR rolls instead of INT and DEX it would be worth more. Still, the LOH is damn near perfect and the Socket is good too.

Seems about average to me.

MrDaravon

Totally forgot about checking bnet. My game imploded so I was able to check the AH, doesn't really seem like it's worth much at all. Tossed it up at 250k based on similar ones, but I have a feeling I'll just be making a Brimstone out of it, ah well.

IlludiumQ36

UmCJW.jpg

Got this in Act 3 (The Keep Depths). It's a little boost in damage over my wand/source, but too much of a hit in defense to run Act III. It'll make for a good Act II VOTA staff though.

Xanathus

Yeah that looks pretty sweet, socket makes it worth using and the MS seems like it would be a neat weapon for kiting Wizards in Act 2. If it didn't roll a socket then it would have been garbage.

MrDaravon

I had a random rare weapon on my Enchantress that's already better. Also I don't use the Enchantress. But checking the AH again I think you guys may be over-estimating what it's worth, the only one I can find that's similar isn't selling at 500k, and there are ones that have the exact same stats and socket but with slightly lower life on hit but higher on everything else and aren't moving at like 200k.

Xanathus

I had a random rare weapon on my Enchantress that's already better. Also I don't use the Enchantress. But checking the AH again I think you guys may be over-estimating what it's worth, the only one I can find that's similar isn't selling at 500k, and there are ones that have the exact same stats and socket but with slightly lower life on hit but higher on everything else and aren't moving at like 200k.

DahBomb isn't talking about your weapon. No one is estimating your weapon's worth, we're just saying that it's not bad for what it could roll. Still means that it isn't worth much.

I wonder how long until Blizzard decides to nerf Critical hit % and Criti damage.

For a while when the game started the entire gameplay was based on IAS and they nerfed that after a while.

Now everybody and their mother plays with critical damage, and it almost feels like LoH and IAS are secondary stats. Even if they are useful, between putting a LoH gem or a critical damage, you'll always go with critical. Between IAS and critical, you'll always go with critical.

Not criticizing anybody who uses it :) I'm considering for a while using critical % and criti damage on my monk to add some DPS. I just think Blizz at some point will balance things out and don't want to spend a lot of money on getting criti gear like a lot of people did with IAS only for it to get nerfed a couple days later.

Vicros

I'm going to add the battle tags posted as rolling solo is getting real boring.

Please feel free to add me: fireboy80x#1641 - US servers.

I usually do act 3 runs with my monk, but if you're more comfortable in act2 that's fine as well.

tafer

After weeks of terrible, terrible farming with my barb, I switched to my DH for a change.

And 5 minutes later I get this:
tijdN.jpg

This game is trolling me hard. (And from what I have been reading, many share my pain)

I wonder how long until Blizzard decides to nerf Critical hit % and Criti damage.

For a while when the game started the entire gameplay was based on IAS and they nerfed that after a while.

Now everybody and their mother plays with critical damage, and it almost feels like LoH and IAS are secondary stats. Even if they are useful, between putting a LoH gem or a critical damage, you'll always go with critical. Between IAS and critical, you'll always go with critical.

Not criticizing anybody who uses it :) I'm considering for a while using critical % and criti damage on my monk to add some DPS. I just think Blizz at some point will balance things out and don't want to spend a lot of money on getting criti gear like a lot of people did with IAS only for it to get nerfed a couple days later.
If they haven't nerfed it yet hopefully that means they won't :/
It'd be better to buff IAS
:lol
and LOH to get them to a desirable level.

ZenaxPure

Now everybody and their mother plays with critical damage, and it almost feels like LoH and IAS are secondary stats. Even if they are useful, between putting a LoH gem or a critical damage, you'll always go with critical. Between IAS and critical, you'll always go with critical..

I think the problem with it is that inferno is just all about killing crap before it kills you and doing it as fast as possible since you will die in a matter of seconds otherwise. Crit dmg and crit % go a long way to contributing to that, since there is basically no cap (that I'm aware of anyway? I don't know for sure but it can still go REALLY HIGH regardless). I constantly find it crazy that my Barb's Bash normal hits for 15k but crits for like 120k.

Stats like thorns and life per second can't really compete with the sheer speed crit dmg and life on hit offer. It's a shame really, would be nice if everything was on an equal playing field.

Zyzyxxz

Well I'm officially done with the game, at paragon lv3 and I don't care nor do I have the time to play as much as I use to.

Rather spend what time I do have to play Torchlight 2, so I'm gonna liquidate my account, hopefully I can get $20 for everything.

sleepykyo

Someone else mentioned it but critical isn't quite overpowered as IAS though since it requires buffing 2 stats instead of just one. Also isn't quite as consistent as the IAS either.

mlaz14

Found three more legendaries tonight bringing me up to 15 or 16 since the patch. Found my second pair of Frostburn Gauntlets that were awful, a terrible Gavel of Judgement, and a pretty nice Skorn with like 330 int, 166 crit dmg, and 1311 dps. Wish it was a strength roll but I'm not sure if WW Barbs use 2handers very often but it also had increase crit chance of WW by 7%.

They already said they have no plans of nerfing crit, it's their own fault for nerfing IAS and nerfing something means people flocking to next vIable stuff, then people will complain about lif on hit and so on, they know that people have spend money, in some cases real money to spec their toons, and frankly I don't see a problem with it, yes it is a popular stat to have and yes it's expensive but no all stats are equally impotant and equal or fair prices are an utopia in every economy, you too will get a drop with awesome crit roll eventually and you'll benefit from it too, either by using it or selling it at a nice price.

I have been farming Act 1 with Thelonius for a while now. What should I upgrade next so I can comfortably farm Act 2?

Thelonius

I know the crystals suck, but I am making them as quickly as I can.

Xanathus

I have been farming Act 1 with Thelonius for a while now. What should I upgrade next so I can comfortably farm Act 2?

Thelonius

I know the crystals suck, but I am making them as quickly as I can.

All of your gear needs more All Res and/or Vit. Start replacing all of your gear with stuff that have those, if money is an issue then you can ignore Dex or keep it low. Gear that is missing main stats (Str/Dex/Int) but has high Vit and All-res can be had for very cheap.

syllogism

That mempo I found sold for 150m on EU, pretty good. There is a slightly worse one that isn't selling at 75/115m so I think I got max.

So jelly, I'd give you 50 mil for it but that's probably not even half of what it's worth.
I've never played as a barb so not exactly sure how much of an issue Fury is for them. It looks like the full set of this acts similar to the Legacy Nat's set except with Fury regen, is that why it's so valuable?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
5 pieces of that is what Barbs dream of.

Just started a barb alt myself, level 31 now. Powerlevelling with the Cain set + xp gem. Tons of fun!

Xanathus

I've never played as a barb so not exactly sure how much of an issue Fury is for them. It looks like the full set of this acts similar to the Legacy Nat's set except with Fury regen, is that why it's so valuable?

The full set bonus isn't super useful actually, but it's worth getting just 2 of the set for the Res bonus. The reason why the chest in particular is valuable is because the base stats for the chest are pretty much the best possible stats for any Barbarian chest in the game.

On the other hand, since ALL IK chests will roll with those stats (well 50% chance of getting high or low Str stat), eventually the game will be saturated with enough of them that they'll be more affordable.

Celegus

Maaaan nice drops all around lately! I haven't found a legendary since paragon 3, and I'm at 9 now. :/

Congrats on breaking your bad luck streak Sailor, that was way too long for someone with such a cool avatar.

Y'all can add me as well, I play US usually later at night (10-12pm EST) Celegus #1599. I'm comfortable in Act 2 with my MF gear, and can do Act 3 reasonably well in my regular gear.

Edit: I spell like a noob.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Wizard with a spear looks so dumb, but I saw a pretty nice weapon on the AH with a pretty low buyout and couldn't resist =/

DPS: +10k
Swag factor: -10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom