• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
found my first set item, and i think it's a doozy?

Cx5VE.jpg

wish i had a barb, i would totally use them, but to the auction house i go!
D:
Oh my

Jrmint

Just picked up a 1250 dps Maximus for 5.75m. Pretty good deal I thought, could probably flip it for 10.

I've really wanted to play around with one of those new legendaries. Anyone have any experience how often the Demon Chain thing spawns?

Started doing Act 2 runs today and those were pretty easy but I find myself dying pretty often in Act III. Do I just need more damage and life?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DSmalls84-1321/hero/17563304

Your life and resist is fine. I have 1k more life, but half your resist. Of course, with Energy Armor - Prismatic rune, that takes care of a lot of things. I believe you're not killing the mobs fast enough in Act 3.

I see you're using the traditional kiting build. Nothing wrong with that though. I just feel it kills a bit slow...especially in Act 3 when there are big packs of mobs.

I can handle Act 3 just fine. Perhaps it's just my abuse of Energy Twister - Storm Chaser rune...in conjunction with Archon. I had to keep Electrocute around cause I don't have life steal. Reflect Damage elites will just chew through me if I were in Archon mode.

Here's mine for comparison
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Booga-6818/hero/2078214

DSmalls84

Your life and resist is fine. I have 1k more life, but half your resist. Of course, with Energy Armor - Prismatic rune, that takes care of a lot of things. I believe you're not killing the mobs fast enough in Act 3.

I see you're using the traditional kiting build. Nothing wrong with that though. I just feel it kills a bit slow...especially in Act 3 when there are big packs of mobs.

I can handle Act 3 just fine. Perhaps it's just my abuse of Energy Twister - Storm Chaser rune...in conjunction with Archon. I had to keep Electrocute around cause I don't have life steal. Reflect Damage elites will just chew through me if I were in Archon mode.

Here's mine for comparison
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Booga-6818/hero/2078214

Haven't heard much about the storm chaser rune. Does it activate while in Archon mode?

Prezhulio

Are you people serious about those gaunts? lol Pretty sure there are similar ones for 14mil on AH

to be fair there's only a few listed with all resist, strength, and health regen that high (looks like all ik irons have 9+% crit chance and 5+%melee dam reduction), but yeah, they are buyouts of 100-300mil.

i put them on rmah first for $250 because there's nothing even close there (all resist, strength, and health regen wise) so we'll see :)

Haven't heard much about the storm chaser rune. Does it activate while in Archon mode?

Storm Chaser rune is THE rage now for Wizards. It has the highest proc rate of all Energy Twisters...matching even the pre-1.04 Wicked Wind.

The main usage for Storm Chaser is to proc Critical Mass to reduce cooldown of Archon.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Storm Chaser rune is THE rage now for Wizards. It has the highest proc rate of all Energy Twisters...matching even the pre-1.04 Wicked Wind.

The main usage for Storm Chaser is to proc Critical Mass to reduce cooldown of Archon.

Yea its broken lol. At 49.5% crit chance for twister, one storm chaser in a big group of mobs refreshes my archon in about 1.5 secs.

aCSvd.png

Pretty decent mempo; rolled crit and dex/vit as randoms and perfect AR.

That's a pretty ballin' helm D=

I haven't found anything worthwhile in the last couple weeks :p starting to get kinda pissed, as I'm playing A3 effectively with 300% mf with 4 people in the group.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Any ideas if this is a good source or not for wiz? Don't have one.

5GpDT.jpg

Legendary sources are so good now that rare sources are relatively worthless. That one's pretty good for a rare source so it'll at least sell for something, but it's worth a lot lot less than it would've been worth before 1.04. You pretty much have to find a super-godly rare source for it to sell for many millions these days.

MrDaravon

Found this, seems actually halfway decent. Nothing at all comparable until around 4-5 million on the AH.

r8d2V.png

Hoping this or my Stone of Jordan sells, I'm sitting on 6 million right now (the most I've ever had) and I'm just a few million away from getting a really solid upgrade to my Quiver, which will also give me enough Crit % (about 33-34%) where I can drop Sharpshooter.

Vicros

Just picked up a 1250 dps Maximus for 5.75m. Pretty good deal I thought, could probably flip it for 10.

I've really wanted to play around with one of those new legendaries. Anyone have any experience how often the Demon Chain thing spawns?

It spawns nearly all the time. My enchantress has one and the demon is always on screen. It's nice because it draws all the agro from enemies. It doesn't hit super hard, but every bit helps.

Finding it odd I still haven't found a Set item yet but I've found 9 legendaries. 6 post 104. I guess its all blind luck.

For people who have found both whats your ratio been? On trash mobs/urns like Legendaries?

Dahbomb

12 to 1 ratio for me.

Got my one and only set piece from act 1 Leorics Hunting grounds from a trash mob. It was a chanto set weapon pre 1.04 and I sold it for 17 bucks. Total trash item.

ZenaxPure

Someone REALLY forgot to check the AH before putting this chest up.

8zIOb.jpg

Bought it for 50k gold (US), comparable items are a few million. Best part is it was actually an upgrade for my barbarian lol.

Prezhulio

Someone REALLY forgot to check the AH before putting this chest up.

8zIOb.jpg

Bought it for 50k gold (US), comparable items are a few million. Best part is it was actually an upgrade for my barbarian lol.

that doesn't seem worth millions to me...maybe i'm missing something?

ZenaxPure

that doesn't seem worth millions to me...maybe i'm missing something?

Are you on EU servers? I know people talk about gold not being inflated there. But just to show what I am talking about. Str/Vit/All resist are the core stats for a barb chest piece basically and getting something like that on the US AH.... yeah.

Bumping the vit down and adding sockets does nothing either.

Actually, just putting in 90 str, 100 vit, 70 ar with no gems the chest pieces around around 500k-1 million.... Gold is kinda messed up lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom