• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, I got another Legendary! Oh wait.

mBq76.png

I got that one yesterday as well. Terrible. Especially since I was in Act III and it's the third time I've seen it. This was also the same game that Xamdou got the Shen Long's Relentless Assault. I was trolled hard yesterday.

Almost paragon 22 though I guess!

Revoh

Pretty happy with my WW barb atm, I can farm act 3 pretty damn quick, my biggest problem is fire, but I guess that's just my Andariel's Visage dmg% taken thing.
I usually take off my helm if I'm going to fight molten elites.
Right now I need some crit on my bracers, get a better helm, also aiming at rising my life at a nice 40k.

Here's my guy: Tauren

Revoh

There's something about Diablo III that keeps me hooked every time. Even though there was a time I haven't played for like a month I still read the forums / check the news about the game every day.
I haven't played a game this much after CS 1.6.
Also I completely forgot about my recent purchases: Sleeping Dogs, Dark Souls, Alan Wake and Sonic Generations. I just want to play Diablo when I get home after work. Hopefully PVP and some kind of endgame content come soon, can't wait

nUhkt.png

First decent drop in a long time. I guess MF is kind of weird to roll on a source but not entirely undesirable either. Actually, I'd appreciate a price check, don't know the market for sources really. Thanks! I imagine no socket/vit hurts it a bit.

Vossler

Finally sold my Vile Ward for 3 mil, although I haven't had much time to play, (looking at you, GW2) Might get some time this week to up the Paragon level.

nUhkt.png

First decent drop in a long time. I guess MF is kind of weird to roll on a source but not entirely undesirable either. Actually, I'd appreciate a price check, don't know the market for sources really. Thanks! I imagine no socket/vit hurts it a bit.

Lack of soc shouldn't hurt it that much. It's just more of a stat. The intel roll is good and the crit roll is perfect. IAS is close to perfect as well. The only downside I can see is the mediocre damage roll. Though I would assume the other stats somewhat make up for it. Dpn't know how much a lack of Crit hits generate arcane hurts.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
nUhkt.png

Shit damage roll, but still worth a lot for no good reason.

Lack of soc shouldn't hurt it that much. It's just more of a stat. The intel roll is good and the crit roll is perfect. IAS is close to perfect as well. The only downside I can see is the mediocre damage roll. Though I would assume the other stats somewhat make up for it. Dpn't know how much a lack of Crit hits generate arcane hurts.

All the things you said that were good about it are good about every one of those that drops. You only get 8 or 9% ias, 9.0, 9.5, or 10 crit, and between 170 and 200 int. He got high rolls in all those things, but since high rolls on that source are common, it doesn't matter since the damage roll is pretty awful.

Thanks for all the input guys. The cheapest on the AH with an even shittier damage roll (sub-100) is 17mil so I should be able to get something out of it anyway.

My luck continues with this fantastic drop:

3Q6YL.png

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Anyone else around p18 as well with no legendaries and zero drops worth over 1m? Feel like I'm playing a different game than others on GAF.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Thanks for all the input guys. The cheapest on the AH with an even shittier damage roll (sub-100) is 17mil so I should be able to get something out of it anyway.

My luck continues with this fantastic drop:

http://i.imgur.com/3Q6YL.png[/QUOTE]

That's a legendary block rate, alright

kennah

Yay! Bought 2 million gold this morning (thanks to those pants and blizzbucks) Did a quick search for one handers.

Aaaand... nothing in the range is better than what I've got now. Sad panda.

Though nice to learn what a couple of my weapons are actually worth. Guess I'll sell them and try again with 4 million.

Unless anyone has a good one hander barb weapon they're looking to sell? Let me know. Currently I'm using either a Mighty Sword with 821 DPS, 299LOH, 40%crit +70%Crit in the socket or an axe that is 650dps, 600LOH and 50% Crit, or a spear that is 750dps, 97% Crit, or an axe that is 700dps, 100str, 100vit and 40% crit.

Yeah, really need to make up my mind.

Brofist

Yay! Bought 2 million gold this morning (thanks to those pants and blizzbucks) Did a quick search for one handers.

Aaaand... nothing in the range is better than what I've got now. Sad panda.

Though nice to learn what a couple of my weapons are actually worth. Guess I'll sell them and try again with 4 million.

Unless anyone has a good one hander barb weapon they're looking to sell? Let me know. Currently I'm using either a Mighty Sword with 821 DPS, 299LOH, 40%crit +70%Crit in the socket or an axe that is 650dps, 600LOH and 50% Crit, or a spear that is 750dps, 97% Crit, or an axe that is 700dps, 100str, 100vit and 40% crit.

Yeah, really need to make up my mind.

Are you WW? Get a high DPS MH weapon (something 900s or higher crit +socket no LoH) and for OH just get a low DPS stats stick. Unfortunately there aren't as many deals to be had in 1H weapons compared to 2H. Some awesome 2H rares going for very cheap since everyone wants a Skorn.

turnbuckle

Ok, I've gotten pretty good with the rend build now :)

I've probably had 22-24 legendary drops since the patch; and all but one or two of those coming in the past 10 days. Only one worth much though is my helm. Lots of Cindercoats and a couple 300th spears (which was nice pre patch, but the new one is garbage).

A week ago I felt like quitting, but something finally clicked with the rend build I'm using and the game is a goddamned joy to play.

Sigmaah

nUhkt.png

My little bro sold a similar one for around 60ish mill I think, Why aren't sets dropping for me?!?! I know once a set item does, it's gonna be shitty as fuck.

MrDaravon

My Stone of Jordan hasn't sold, but I sold a ton of other middling stuff overnight and made about 11 million. Spent all of it (down to a million now), but majorly upgraded my Cloak, Gloves, and Shoulders. Now sitting on 50 Discipline which has made a huge difference, and I'm still sitting on a ridiculous 41k HP. Once I get back up to about 8-10 million I can upgrade to a good Quiver with crit % on it, so I'll lose the ~3500 HP on my current one (which I can eat since I'm at 41k) and with my current crit % being 29% any quiver should get me high enough where I can drop Sharpshooter. Also I unintentionally have +989 life regen which is actually super fantastic, between that and Gloom Reflect Damage elites are now a non-issue.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrDaravon-1289/hero/11983827

I am suuuuuuper pumped up to play this game now. I'm up to 81k Damage without Sharpshooter, Act 2 runs are completely trivial now and Act 3 runs are probably much easier for me now, but I'll probably wait until I get that new Quiver before going back and giving that a go. :D

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Ok, I've gotten pretty good with the rend build now :)

I've probably had 22-24 legendary drops since the patch; and all but one or two of those coming in the past 10 days. Only one worth much though is my helm. Lots of Cindercoats and a couple 300th spears (which was nice pre patch, but the new one is garbage).

A week ago I felt like quitting, but something finally clicked with the rend build I'm using and the game is a goddamned joy to play.

Yeah Rend just rules. Getting zero drops doesn't...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I now find myself sprinting through the first few mobs (with 25k/tick tornadoes going), rending the group behind them, Leaping into the middle of the next group and rending again, sprinting away to open chests and blow up barrels while the mobs left behind just melt. Entire rooms cleared of 50+ mobs and all objects in a few seconds.

turnbuckle

You guys mind posting your Rend builds?

My character is geared and built for farming EXP atm (trying to get another couple levels later today before going back to Act 3). Here's my barb Zangief

When I'm doing Act 3 I revert to my more regular build. I make a few concessions to keep my Magic Find up though. When I'm playing normally the passives I use are Ruthless, Tough as Nails, and either Superstition or Nerves of Steel. I also swap weapons so I have the mace in my main hand (I actually accidentally have the weapons reversed right now too, always have the low DPS "stat stick" in the off hand).

The helm, pants, and boots are just on for EXP for where I'm farming in Act 1. I normally use Sage's boots, Mempo of Twilight, and a pair of pants that have high str/vit.

I've been doing better since I got my movement speed at 24%. It's easier to maneuver with the extra speed and helps me fly through packs of enemies with run like the wind.

Whether you're doing WW or a rend build, Run like the Wind seems to be the key to success. Once this clicked for me things got so much easier. I'll run in circles around enemies or groups of enemies, sometimes cutting in the middle. I'll bash intermittently if an opportunity arises to keep up the 24% damage bonus from the rune, and I'll doing a rend initially and sporadically when I find an opening or find a need for it. I could probably use rend more frequently than I do but I'm still getting the hang of it. I can clear all of act 3 now without dying, though sometimes I'll die 4-5 times a run. Just depends on a combination of luck, focus, and what types of elites I get in certain situations.

Also, some people use the last rune for wrath of the berserker to keep it up longer. You will generate a ton of fury, but I prefer the double damage bonus rune.

One thing I didn't realize until last night; attack speed seems to affect the ticks on run like the wind and the swing animation for rend. I was toying around with a 2 hander for this build (which is probably why my two weapons got their hands switched accidentally) and the ticks appeared to be noticeably slower. I definitely prefer dual wielding.

I'm also level 28 or so on paragon so I'm getting a lot of extra st and vit to help out.

Hesemonni

Banned
Paragon 15 here w/o legendaries here :/ running act 2 atm: sewers + mines + road + oasis + vault (and occasional khulle + belial) but nothing worthwhile.

I'm contemplating on just calling it quits for a few weeks and just buy my stuff from AH after the market has crashed. I hate this game.

syllogism

Paragon 15 here w/o legendaries here :/ running act 2 atm: sewers + mines + road + oasis + vault (and occasional khulle + belial) but nothing worthwhile.

I'm contemplating on just calling it quits for a few weeks and just buy my stuff from AH after the market has crashed. I hate this game.
High mf helps a lot with legendaries, you should aim for 300+. I recommend using a mf gem instead of ruby

Two more paragon levels and I'll be over 300mf. Pretty excited.
I have to admit that I still go back and check out my current MF with 5 stacks each time I hit another level of paragon.

With each paragon level, it's nice to see those stacks of gold growing from plowing through trash.

o DeathCubeK o

Neo Member
Hey guys, this is my first time posting in here, long time lurker. Nice to meet all of you!

I've been playing D3 on and off a lot of the time. Got my DH to level 60 (14) and I'm just now working on my Witch Doctor level 33(?). Also I'm on the Americas server.

I see you guys get a crap pile of legendaries, HOW? Share with me your secrets! :(

Anyway, nice meeting you all and hopefully I'll start posting rather than lurking. :)

Celegus

Hey guys, this is my first time posting in here, long time lurker. Nice to meet all of you!

I've been playing D3 on and off a lot of the time. Got my DH to level 60 (14) and I'm just now working on my Witch Doctor level 33(?). Also I'm on the Americas server.

I see you guys get a crap pile of legendaries, HOW? Share with me your secrets! :(

Anyway, nice meeting you all and hopefully I'll start posting rather than lurking. :)

Welcome! I lurked here for months before my account was finally approved, so you're not the only one! Feel free to add me Celegus#1599, maybe the secret to loads of legendaries is co-op farming? Worth a shot anyway!

kennah

Welcome! I lurked here for months before my account was finally approved, so you're not the only one! Feel free to add me Celegus#1599, maybe the secret to loads of legendaries is co-op farming? Worth a shot anyway!

Pyro hunts alone. We can't figure it out.

I didn't get my first legenday until p14-15 as well. I'm just about p22 and have seen two more since. So it's not like they're dropping like flies for me either. Hang in there man!

turnbuckle

I don't get the quality or quantity of pryo, but I'm getting them to drop at an ok rate lately and I mostly play alone. My two roommates (brother, and best friend) also play frequently but we all usually go solo even though we're around the same level. If they increased the experience range on kills to be more than 1.5 screens away I'd group more often, but the way it is it just feels more efficient to fly solo. There are also certain aspects of gameplay that promote solo play - getting magic/gold/exp and passive bonus from follower being one. Another is that a lot of playstyles require you to do a lot of the damage/killing. My friend's archon isn't as effective when I'm sprinting through enemies, my sprint isn't as effective at regenerating my health when my friend is burning through everything.

double or triple the distance for granting experience, give follower bonus even if your follower isn't available or give some kind of buff for playing coop. Perhaps allowing nephalem to get an additional stack when doing coop?

I also think if they added another row or two for inventory co-op play would be better. Sucks having to decide whether to skip picking up drops so you don't delay your partner or delaying your partner; or having your partners run ahead of you while you sell/salvage your drops. And the flip of that too if you're the one waiting or wishing your partner wouldn't pick up drops of a certain quality (when going solo I tend to pick up all magic and rare lvl 60 rings/amulets/follower items and all magic/rare items lvl 61 and higher. Unless I'm trying to focus more on exp for farming for legendaries.

People who aren't getting legendaries you probably just arent farming efficiently. You need to constantly farm too, you can't play an hour a day and expect one every time.

Just what I've gathered watching streamers on Twitch.

The people who do quick whirlwind runs through all the heavy mob parts of Act III these streamers get like 5-10 a day. It cant just be blind luck.

Get high MF because you'll get more quality stuff, they say you'll get more affixes and more yellow stuff will pop from trash mobs (this probably most definitely means more legendaries will pop also its just not as noticeable) and make sure you are killing extremely quick and not wasting time running around not breaking and attacking things.

Think about it like each time you break or kill something there is a chance. Do you want to go to the corner of that room to smash that pot? no you want to head off to the next pack of ten enemies and get ten chances and not waste that 1-2 seconds on that one pot.

Once your stats get pretty high you probably want to memorize the names of the lvl 62 and 63 items and ignore everything else. Just go straight through your run just picking up any high lvl rares. Everything else is pointless. Its scraps.

MrDaravon

My Stone of Jordan sold! Bught a good Quiver, lost 2 Discipline, but my damage without Sharpshooter is over 87k now, and my crit % is 36.5%, so I think I'm ready to drop Sharpshooter. What are the recommendations for DH's instead of that? I'm not running Caltrops. My first thought was Steady Aim (+20% damage if nothing is near me), but has anyone tried running Vengeance (increases maximum Hatred, and you get 25 Hatred and 2 Disc from Health Globes) or Night Stalker (crits have a chance to restore 1 Disc)? Both of those seem possibly interesting?

My Stone of Jordan sold! Bught a good Quiver, lost 2 Discipline, but my damage without Sharpshooter is over 87k now, and my crit % is 36.5%, so I think I'm ready to drop Sharpshooter. What are the recommendations for DH's instead of that? I'm not running Caltrops. My first thought was Steady Aim (+20% damage if nothing is near me), but has anyone tried running Vengeance (increases maximum Hatred, and you get 25 Hatred and 2 Disc from Health Globes) or Night Stalker (crits have a chance to restore 1 Disc)? Both of those seem possibly interesting?

You use the broken Trail of Cinders? Running a crit chance like yours Night Stalker is friggen amazing. I haven't looked back since picking that up instead of SS.

I crit 49% half of my attacks. So if I see a pack of a few monsters and shoot into it, I regain like 10 discipline or more gives me another trail of cinders. Its a great pick if you have high crit %.

Lets me get away with only having 30 max disc.

MrDaravon

You use the broken Trail of Cinders? Running a crit chance like yours Night Stalker is friggen amazing. I haven't looked back since picking that up instead of SS.

I crit 49% half of my attacks. So if I see a pack of a few monsters and shoot into it, I regain like 10 discipline or more gives me another trail of cinders. Its a great pick if you have high crit %.

Lets me get away with only having 30 max disc.

No, I'm running the semi-standard Companion/Preperation/Smoke Screen/Shadow Power (Gloom). I've got 48 Discipline so that's not the biggest issue.

No, I'm running the semi-standard Companion/Preperation/Smoke Screen/Shadow Power (Gloom). I've got 48 Discipline so that's not the biggest issue.

You might be better off going with Steady Aim then as long as you know to stay back. Once they fix Trail of Cinders and I dont fight so up close I'll have to remember to stay back.

Also how far is 20 yards or whatever cause I actually have Archery, Steady Aim, and Night Stalker. So I try and stay back but I just started wondering yesterday how far 20 yards actually is.

MrDaravon

You might be better off going with Steady Aim then as long as you know to stay back. Once they fix Trail of Cinders and I dont fight so up close I'll have to remember to stay back.

Also how far is 20 yards or whatever cause I actually have Archery, Steady Aim, and Night Stalker. So I try and stay back but I just started wondering yesterday how far 20 yards actually is.

Actually about to test that; Steady Aim changes your Damage value in real-time like any of the other skills, so I'm just going to hop into act 1 normal or something and get near enemies with my status screen open and see if I can get a feel for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom