• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT5| Finally out of Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Paragon 16, still no Legendaries post patch with about 10-12 pre-patch. I tried two complete Act 1 clears with 330% MF with nothing. At this point I'm starting to get annoyed that I'm not finding any, even if they were shit (all but one of the pre-patch ones I found were shit).
if you want, I'll give you some :(

Also after going like a week without selling shit on either AH, I just sold like 3 things in the RMAH al for 45-50+ in a span of a couple hours. Someone went shopping :p

MrDaravon

if you want, I'll give you some :(

Also after going like a week without selling shit on either AH, I just sold like 3 things in the RMAH al for 45-50+ in a span of a couple hours. Someone went shopping :p

I already stole your Act 3 farming run from you, so that's good enough :p. I'm mostly going back and forth between Act 2 vault runs and your Act 3 run. I feel like I'm on the cusp of breaking through to making the Act 3 runs easier. Right now it seems like a total crapshoot, sometimes I can clear it pretty easily and only die a few times, other times I'm dying all over the place. Even when I'm dying a lot I still always wind up ahead on gold at the end of the run (albiet not by much, like 100k on a bad run), and obviously there's the XP and chance for better item drops so I don't feel like I'm wasting my time or anything. But I feel like I'm super close to breaking through that death barrier with my gear.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Legendary #8.

Untitled-50.png

I just looted one with 1k dps...starting bid at 2mil / buyout at 5m and sold for 2m. :(

Grassy

Now Paragon 16, still no Legendaries post patch with about 10-12 pre-patch. I tried two complete Act 1 clears with 330% MF with nothing. At this point I'm starting to get annoyed that I'm not finding any, even if they were shit (all but one of the pre-patch ones I found were shit).

I've only been getting one Legendary after roughly every 40 hours of game time. It's starting to piss me off because like you I have over 330% MF but still I have to wait 40 hours and then I finally got a Legendary post-patch and it was fucking rubbish Gladiator Gauntlets.

I still haven't had a Set Item drop either.

MrDaravon

I've only been getting one Legendary after roughly every 40 hours of game time. It's starting to piss me off because like you I have over 330% MF but still I have to wait 40 hours and then I finally got a Legendary post-patch and it was fucking rubbish Gladiator Gauntlets.

I still haven't had a Set Item drop either.

Yeah, I still haven't seen a Set item drop period, I'm probably at around 300 hours played now.

Revoh

LB9Su.png

Second set of the day.
Don't really know if it's good because I only play barbarian
A similar one on the AH is 50M, crazy

I've been playing 13 hours nonstop today, I love saturdays haha

Definity

LB9Su.png

Second set of the day.
Don't really know if it good because I only play barbarian
A similar one on the AH is 50M, crazy

I've been playing 13 hours nonstop today, I love saturdays haha

Will sell anywhere between 5 - 10mil. While it's a great item, the dex is on the low side of the roll. Add vit, max disc, or all resist then yeah it can go up to 50mil....but enjoy the gold because it will for sure sell.

Insaniac

Could anybody give me an efficient farm route in act 2? Right now I just do the Kill Kulle quest, get 5 Nv from random places and then kill kulle.

Could anybody give me an efficient farm route in act 2? Right now I just do the Kill Kulle quest, get 5 Nv from random places and then kill kulle.

Sewers of caldeum (1-2 elites)
Black Canyon Mines (2-3 elites)
Road to Alcarnus (1-2 elites)
Vault of the Assassins (5+ elites)

restart with checkpoint in VotA

You can add Oasis since it has a few elites and very nice event with Tomb of Khan spawning 25-50% of time.

MrDaravon

Sewers of caldeum (1-2 elites)
Black Canyon Mines (2-3 elites)
Road to Alcarnus (1-2 elites)
Vault of the Assassins (5+ elites)

restart with checkpoint in VotA

You can add Oasis since it has a few elites and very nice event with Tomb of Khan spawning 25-50% of time.

This is what I run because every lists it, but in 20+ runs I have never once gotten an Elite at Road to Alcarnus.

Vicros

This just dropped. Hopefully I'll be able to sell this one. I mean, some gold farmer or something wants this right?

MRlxL.jpg

After not finding one for over a month, I'm starting to find legendaries pretty regularly now. I've found eight since the 1.04 patch. I'm paragon level 18 so maybe that little bit of MF has something to do with it? I didn't think MF would make that big a difference.

Sciz

Alright, Pricing-GAF, this thing just dropped:

d3_zunimassaspox3govd.png

There isn't a single one on the US GAH or RMAH with both life on hit and life regen, and both of those rolled pretty well (the int unfortunately did not). I don't spend enough time keeping track of gear trends to know what it's really worth.

MrDaravon

Well after 40 hours and Paragon 16 I finally found my first Legendary post-patch:

A6mX0.png

So does anyone have any idea exactly how desirable this is? Literally none of the individual stats on the ring are searchable in the AH, and they start at 4 million and go up forever. Sorting by price the first one I could find that had Spirit Regen on it was a 9.9 million buyout, and I don't think I saw any up to that point with Cyclone Strike. But I only have a low-level monk I haven't played in months, so I don't know how desirable either one of these stats actually is. And I don't think it is, but this isn't actually worth equipping for my DH is it?

Edit: The first ring that has Cyclone Strike on it at all is at a 19 million buyout, and I didn't see a spirit regen as high as mine on any of the rings I looked at up to that point. I still have no idea if this is actually any goddamn good though.

kennah

Well, for some reason, this sold for $3.99 in the RMAH. I had that one on Blizzbucks, so now I have a couple million to spend! Yay!

Screenshot021.jpg

Are people still doing hotswaps Two of those would be ridiculous everytime you see an elite. a bonus 40-60% damage...

Those should be worth a shitload considering elites are the only challenge in the game since mobs just drop in half a second.

Dahbomb

Well after 40 hours and Paragon 16 I finally found my first Legendary post-patch:

A6mX0.png

So does anyone have any idea exactly how desirable this is? Literally none of the individual stats on the ring are searchable in the AH, and they start at 4 million and go up forever. Sorting by price the first one I could find that had Spirit Regen on it was a 9.9 million buyout, and I don't think I saw any up to that point with Cyclone Strike. But I only have a low-level monk I haven't played in months, so I don't know how desirable either one of these stats actually is. And I don't think it is, but this isn't actually worth equipping for my DH is it?

Edit: The first ring that has Cyclone Strike on it at all is at a 19 million buyout, and I didn't see a spirit regen as high as mine on any of the rings I looked at up to that point. I still have no idea if this is actually any goddamn good though.
I would say this is worth decent money especially for someone who is basically trying to boost damage on his electrical damage as a Monk. The Spirit Regen, 6% lightning damage and damage against elites is no joke. The Sweeping Wind resource cost reduction isn't that big of a deal (it's 75 to 70 I believe) so basically it's just those 3 stats that are worth the money.

The problem is that most Monks aren't actively looking for something like this and it won't really catch their attention until it's priced at something appealing.

Well, for some reason, this sold for $3.99 in the RMAH. I had that one on Blizzbucks, so now I have a couple million to spend! Yay!

Screenshot021.jpg

WTH? How does that even sell? there's armor, dex, AR...but no vit!

Equipments without main stat, AR and vit...I basically just vendor them! (Not counting special slots like glove, boots, etc)

MrDaravon

I would say this is worth decent money especially for someone who is basically trying to boost damage on his electrical damage as a Monk. The Spirit Regen, 6% lightning damage and damage against elites is no joke. The Sweeping Wind resource cost reduction isn't that big of a deal (it's 75 to 70 I believe) so basically it's just those 3 stats that are worth the money.

The problem is that most Monks aren't actively looking for something like this and it won't really catch their attention until it's priced at something appealing.

Yeah, and none of these stats being searchable doesn't help. Based on the cheapest one I could find that had Spirit Regen and the Cyclone skill at 19 million I'll undercut that a bit, and then just keep going down if it doesn't sell.

tafer

Screenshot021.jpg

I'm happy for you.

The only way to sell crap (for me) right now, is to put all my stuff at super low prices and hope that there is going to be some sort of bid war for it.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Yeah, and none of these stats being searchable doesn't help. Based on the cheapest one I could find that had Spirit Regen and the Cyclone skill at 19 million I'll undercut that a bit, and then just keep going down if it doesn't sell.

That's not a bad plan. 22% is on the lower end of the elite dmg roll as well.

Either way, grats on the sweet ring.

Definity

That wailing host set ring I posted on the previous page sold. Time to upgrade my helm. Feels good to have some gold back in my pockets. I was running low from buying my nats set for my dh.

ZenaxPure

Freakin' Ghom man. Killed him on my very first try with my witch doctor in gear I spent about 400k gold on, took me soooooooooo long to kill him on my Barb. Pets are kinda dumb in the best way possible.

ccbfan

What's the best way to paragon level a monk.

I tried crypts of the ancients way every is talking about but doesnt seem great for a monk. Absolutely awesome with a wizard though.

linsivvi

What's the best way to paragon level a monk.

I tried crypts of the ancients way every is talking about but doesnt seem great for a monk. Absolutely awesome with a wizard though.

It's not bad. You can use tempest rush with the northern breeze rune, turn sweeping wind on and use exalted soul and fleet footed as passives. I tried it for an hour to see what's the big deal and I got about 20M exp. It's just an exceedingly boring way to play and I can't imagine someone sane would spend hundreds of hours doing this.

Another low level legendary #9 going through Oasis to Zultun Kuhl on Normal. Spirit Stone, Gloves, Helm, and Chest. Rings gotta be next!

Rufus

Fallen Maniacs really piss me off.
Fire Mages piss me off more. I think what pisses me off the most about them is how they don't even break into a jog to flee from you. They just walk out of reach like it's no big deal.

You'd be surprised what people will buy. I almost feel bad about some of the things I've sold... almost.
It's possible that people are trying to balance the stats out between gear. If you have 200+ STR on shoulders but no VIT, you can make it up on some other piece, which in turn doesn't need that much STR.

qazqaNii

Fallen Maniacs, Blood Clan Sorceror (the buffers) and the fallen shamans (mages).
Also the affix; desecrator.

My barbarians extreme weakness, I get 2 shotted by the maniacs. :(

Rufus

Yeah, the fat Goats are annoying, too, but Succubi trump them hands down. Succubi with Molten and Fire Chains just roll over me. I'll be trying out the runaway Rend build. Should work wonders for those encounters.

Xanathus

Brown gloves dropped, had to leave before being able to ID them but saw that they were 63. Looked them up on the guide and saw they were Tasker and Theo which has meh base stats. Later, ID'd them and they rolled Str and Crit. Not bad.

s8dwo.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom