• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

d0c_zaius

Back off man, he's a musician.

Seriously though, I wonder if other folks here very sensitive to tearing can chime in. When I notice it, it does bother me, but I'm honestly not noticing it anywhere near as much as say, Jack_AG here.

I play on PC too usually games that are running above 60FPS. I can tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS easily and I can tell the difference between 120 and 60 FPS. I however cannot tell the difference between 59 FPS and 60 FPS. Hell I can hardly tell the difference between 55 and 60. I can tell when games have input delay or not but not when it's 1 frame difference.

Execution and fundamentals have nothing to do with this. Execution/fundamentals have shit to do with you being able to block a 6 frame overhead, that stuff cannot be reacted to by a human being no matter how much execution or fundamentals you have, it's a pure guess.

whoa calm down, I don't know why you are so defense force about this. your anecdote is great but doesn't account for people that can tell the difference and are bothered by it. what are you upset about exactly? the amount of tearing that people are claiming or that they claim its bothersome?

You are the one that brought up the random "fighting game you should be good " nonsense, I was just going along with the absurdity.

Dahbomb

I am not even in defense force mode or whatever you are calling it. D3 has screen tearing issues no arguments about it and it has frame rate drops. I am just calling out his hyperbolic statements about being able to detect 1 frame differences.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
How's the screen shake?

On the PC side, I found it bugs me a lot less now that I enabled the lightboost mode on my monitor.

I'm guessing that the people who are less bothered here by it might be running on plasmas instead of LCDs - curious to see if that correlation holds.

v0mitg0d

How fun is this eh guys? :)

1) How long are you guys holding oN to that infernal helm? That +25% XP bonus is nice! Is it crazy to hold on to it and wear it forever? :)

2) How do we obtain the ps3 exclusive items? I had a code but only for the infernal helm. Other stuff is nowhere robe found.

Edit: ah the items where in the chest in town. Ha odd. Oh well!

d0c_zaius

I am not even in defense force mode or whatever you are calling it. D3 has screen tearing issues no arguments about it and it has frame rate drops. I am just calling out his hyperbolic statements about being able to detect 1 frame differences.

That's cool I guess but battling hyperbole on Neogaf is a losing fight, and it's not really something that can be proven.

How's the screen shake?

On the PC side, I found it bugs me a lot less now that I enabled the lightboost mode on my monitor.

I'm guessing that the people who are less bothered here by it might be running on plasmas instead of LCDs - curious to see if that correlation holds.

I'm using OLED, and the best place to see the screen shaking is in Act 2 when Zoltun is first following you around. It's like the game is struggling to keep image sync and fx in harmony.

1) How long are you guys holding oN to that infernal helm? That +25% XP bonus is nice! Is it crazy to hold on to it and wear it forever? :)

2) How do we obtain the ps3 exclusive items? I had a code but only for the infernal helm. Other stuff is nowhere robe found.

It's pretty fun.

I dropped the helm around 15 when I started getting into some rough fights. The other stuff is in your item box in town.

That ACT 4 30 FPS feel..........o_0

Robin64

1) Replaced mine at level 8. :\

2) Check your stash :)

crozier

Just beat it with three other randoms. Nasty frame rate in Act 4 (PS3) but it honestly didn't detract much from the fun. I'm talking well under 30FPS if that matters to you, though.

I lost track of how many legendaries I got, but it was over 10. My monk looks pretty badass.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are you getting lower level versions of higher level legendaries as well? Wondering if they did the scaling in that direction.

Also, you should break out the ol' D3-edition avatar if you still have it
Higher level legendaries, yeah. Constant mass upgrades.

Also, good call on the avatar! I'll try finding it tomorrow :3

KJRage

I'm level 15 and still haven't changed my infernal helm. If there isn't anything that is way better than it, I may keep wearing it throughout act 1 at least lol.

The other items should be located in your stash in the chest.

Dahbomb

I just checked the Battlefield 3 input lag issue.

It was 200 ms lag input without the fix/AA on (that's a lot of lag input, should be noticeable by pretty much everyone compared to like a COD game). That's a fifth of a second or around 12 frames of lag.

With the fix it's a 100-120 ms lag input only. That's almost half of the input lag gone... that is more than a 1 frame difference which should be noticeable by most people.

Are my facts correct here? Or is the 100-120 ms lag input for the Xbox 360 version?

I'm keeping my infernal helm on until I'm 60 for the exp bonus. The minor stat loss from 1 piece of gear is more than worth it and isn't as noticeable as that 25% exp buff :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm a moron that I keep staying awake when I have work tomorrow... Just gonna finish final act on nightmare and then bail.

It's been yet another awesome session.

KaYotiX

Banned
Seems like with the new loot system I wont bother picking up yellows seeing as legendaries are dropping all the time lol

So I've been farming a lot at 60 with my DH (inferno Master 3), I have a crap ton of inferno machines and drops, while all roll high stats, they aren't exactly what I want.

I seriously need more AR and none of the legendaries have them :( I would like a 2 socket manticore with LS and higher crit dmg.

There is still quite a lot of farming to do on consoles despite high dps weapon drops. I tried Master 3 Ubers and died like 10x before I gave up.

Jrmint

Holy hell this game is so much fun on consoles.

Level 17, 4 legendaries so far. Latest one is the Monster Hunter 1 hand sword which is incredible.

Dahbomb

DHs need to change their builds to be able to play at higher MPs consistently. The Grenade build is usually what people have been messing around with to good result in terms of surviving hits against Elites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htn9TweVT7U (Replace Chakram with something like Sentry)

The glass cannon DH doesn't work solo as you would get one/two shotted. It only works if you have a bunch of life steal and your DPS is off the charts (like 400K+).

smr00

Banned
there is no way you are going to be able to transfer a save to ps4 from 360.

come on now.

don't sweat it. I'm probably more sensitive than a lot of people when it comes to tearing. it's not horrible either, but I noticed enough times in the first 20 minutes to mention it.

its a good thing if you aren't seeing it!

this game is fucking fun! having a blast so far. Gotta go to bed now. can't wait to play all damn day tomorrow.
Why not? Do you work for blizzard? Blizzard is a competent company and im sure someone there can find a way to where you can upload your save to their server to transfer over. From PS3 to XBONE or 360 to PS4? That might be stretching it a little but they could find a way to where your save ties to your PSN account via cloud and have it transfer over.

It's very, very much possible to do saves between PS3>PS4 and 360>XBONE. The problem with cross-platform transferring is that they need permission from both companies, right? FFXIV can be transferred between PS3>PC and Square is very much a less competent company and sony has been doing cross-platform saves with Vita for awhile now. Not to mention there is talk about destiny cross saves. Don't act like it's impossible because it's possible. crossplatform save transfers are nothing new.

DHs need to change their builds to be able to play at higher MPs consistently. The Grenade build is usually what people have been messing around with to good result in terms of surviving hits against Elites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htn9TweVT7U

The glass cannon DH doesn't work solo as you would get one/two shotted. It only works if you have a bunch of life steal and your DPS is off the charts (like 400K+).

I've tried that on PC and it's so boring and lame. I was hoping to have gear drops that allow me to use other abilities like Rapid Fire that recently got buffed but it just doesn't work in Ubers so I may have to go back to that (if I find a high dps xbow with LS)

Dahbomb

Rapid Fire only works if you are playing in groups. You can't just stand there and channel RF against Ubers or really any mob without a ton of survivability/defense.

Dahbomb

Itadakimasu can you put your stats and possible your gear stats too?

Would like to see the following:

DPS
AR
Max Health
Core Stats (mainly Dex and Vit)
Crit Chance
Crit Damage
Attack speed
Life Steal and Life on Hit (if any)
Max Discipline
Max Hatred Regen

Your Skill build + the Runes
Gear

Also would like to know where you farm regularly and how well you perform there.

Yoshichan

Nightmare (Hard) done! Session two done :3

Level 49
11k damage
5,5k armor
34k health

Oh and final boss dropped #20 :D! A helm.

GG.

Ketch

Sorry, if I'm beating a dead horse, but I haven't really been paying attention to this version of the game. Is it commonly accepted that the itemization is different in the console version because they DON'T have an auction house?

I thought they were saying that the itemization in the PC version didn't take the Auction House into consideration..... but then why would they change it in the console version?

Also, have you seen the GB quicklook? It's hilariously bad.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
but then why would they change it in the console version?

Because they admitted there are problems with the itemization, time and again. It's why they've been trying to improve legendaries and are going to improve them more significantly in the future (build enablers), and why they're doing loot 2.0 with smart drop system and all that. This is kinda interim; loot 1.5 if you will. They supposedly have big plans for more interesting/better loot in the pre-expansion patch and with the expansion itself, and thank god because I've never had a useful drop or craft in almost 200 hours of D3. It's nice to see people excited about legendaries here because when I see about half a dozen drop in a day of farming MP9 I know they're gonna be brimstone before I even identify them.

But yeah you're right, anyone with half a brain can tell the PC drops took AH into account.

Dahbomb

I thought they were saying that the itemization in the PC version didn't take the Auction House into consideration..... but then why would they change it in the console version?
Yeah that's BS given how the console version is tuned loot drop wise.

It's really more that Blizzard didn't know what they were doing with D3 at launch. So many missteps and bad decisions. The best thing they did was nailing the feel of the combat because that has carried them through all the shit throwing they have had to endure.

Guys remember when monsters and bosses used to enrage? Remember the time when the best way to farm was to break chests or farm goblins at way points? Or how about when melee classes took an absurd amount of extra damage from enemies? Or when those Licker enemies 2 shotted you from off screen? Or that time when Blues were better than Legendaries? When Nether Tentacles hit like 3 times on one enemy? When repair costs from just PLAYING the game and killing monster was in the hundreds of thousands of gold? When INVULNERABLE minions existed? When Shielding and Reflect Damage affixes applied on ALL the Elites at the same time? Hell.. remember the time when Elites didn't drop shit because there was no guaranteed yellows from them after full stacks of NV?

Yeah I don't remember it either.

Sorry, if I'm beating a dead horse, but I haven't really been paying attention to this version of the game. Is it commonly accepted that the itemization is different in the console version because they DON'T have an auction house?

Also, have you seen the GB quicklook? It's hilariously bad.

You have to keep in mind that the PC also makes trading fairly easy outside of the AH. The PC has advantages that make getting better gear more convenient (i.e trade channel with like 1 click invites). Areas where the Console requires a bit more effort in, so naturally it makes sense to give the player the feeling that they won't need to resort to the hassle of (outside of there friends) going into a forum, finding someone who has an item they want and then friending them to invite to a game.

Itadakimasu can you put your stats and possible your gear stats too?

Would like to see the following:

DPS
AR
Max Health
Core Stats (mainly Dex and Vit)
Crit Chance
Crit Damage
Attack speed
Life Steal and Life on Hit (if any)
Max Discipline
Max Hatred Regen

Your Skill build + the Runes
Gear

Also would like to know where you farm regularly and how well you perform there.

Imma chuck it down to luck.

35% crit chance
350% crit damage
206k dps
315 AR
no LS.
500ish Life on Hit
Paragon 15

The first few legendaries you get are like OMG whoa! but when you wanna do higher master difficulty and stuff, you need to farm a crap ton.

tim1138

The Mrs and I just played about an hour or so in co-op. We have absolutely no idea what we're doing, but damn if it isn't a lot of fun. Kudos to Blizzard for letting us use our individual PSN accounts and not having it be one player and guest mode essentially.

Yoshichan

Boom! Level 50, will take on master III Hell tomorrow after work :D

Dahbomb

Boom! Level 50, will take on master III Hell tomorrow after work :D
LOL!

Imma chuck it down to luck.

35% crit chance
350% crit damage
206k dps
315 AR
no LS.
500ish Life on Hit
Paragon 15

The first few legendaries you get are like OMG whoa! but when you wanna do higher master difficulty and stuff, you need to farm a crap ton.
You have very low AR, probably not a lot of health either. You are really just coasting on your high DPS.

I guess balancing out EHP and DPS on console version is going to be a lot harder than on the PC version which sort of balances it all out I guess. You were sort of extremely powerful entering Inferno but by P15 you haven't made big progress in terms of upgrade (steady upgrades).

Yoshichan

Hey I'll at least try it out, ok?! :3

Master IV Nightmare act 3+4 was quite the breeze so I'm onto something here.

Does anyone have a tip for targeting on the 360 version? The only problem I have with a controller is attacking certain mobs, like when there is a summoner but its surrounded by a million mobs or in the fields of misery its a misery to target the hives as a WD on console.

legbone

what a wonderful game. i have been waiting for this on consoles. my pc sucks. i think the last game i could play decently (still not maxed) on a pc that i owned was diablo II. played over a 100 hours of the first diablo with my buddies on dial up. imagine the headaches of those connections. people complain about lag now. imagine 56k. he he. dudes would disappear and teleport. we said it was one of the unwritten skills. i've had this game for about 34 hours and i think i have 6 of those playing. i have a demon hunter i'm working on. crossbow and quiver at the moment. was rocking two crossbows but then i got a kick ass rare quiver that bumped my dps from a whopping 22 to 24. still early. i'm loving rapid shot or whatever it's called that basically turns you into a hose of death. well, think i may get back to it. so far this is my game of the year. mind you that is probably set to change sometime this month (wonderful 101 has me mighty hyped).

ElRenoRaven

Well just got another couple hours in. Must say Without a doubt Diablo on consoles is amazing. The game just really is streamlined as hell and works amazingly on consoles.

MAX PAYMENT

Help me out GAF.
I really want this game, but I have a few concerns because none of my friends are getting the game. I've never really played a game if this type before. Never played diablo 1/2.

1. Is this game any fun solo?
2. Is it possible/fun to play with randoms?
3. How is the games longevity?
4. Is there any confirmation on this carrying over to ps4?

Dahbomb

Help me out GAF.
I really want this game, but I have a few concerns because none of my friends are getting the game. I've never really played a game if this type before. Never played diablo 1/2.

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Game will last you around 200 hours, maybe a bit more depending on how long it takes you to get P100
4) No confirmation yet but I hope there is

ElRenoRaven

Help me out GAF.

I can answer the first easily. I play almost completely solo. I have since the Diablo 1 days. It's fun solo. Damn fun. The second you can play with randoms by setting it to public. Now is that fun? Just depends on the randoms you'll get. The 3rd I will say it all depends on how much you like games that the whole purpose is to get loot. If you do then I think you'll find it will have some good longevity. The last one I've heard nothing about.

Top Bottom