• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

what version was typically demo'd of this game?

I preordered PS3 version, but mostly care about vsync. Would switch to xbox 360 if its noticeably better.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Robin64

If the PS3 one is 60fps anyway, what benefits will the PS4 one really bring? Slightly shinier spell effects? 1080p instead of 720p? Not too sure it's worth waiting to be honest, not when the PS3 one is here right now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If the PS3 one is 60fps anyway, what benefits will the PS4 one really bring? Slightly shinier spell effects? 1080p instead of 720p? Not too sure it's worth waiting to be honest, not when the PS3 one is here right now.
More hype on the PS4 :p "Hey guys, I have D3 for dat new, shiny PS4! Wanna come over?"

alterno69

Banned
Exactly, i'm getting the PS3 version next week, no point waiting for the PS4 one when the game doesn't look that much better on PC to begin with.

DSmalls84

I would think most people would prefer to have it on PS4 just because they will have that system hooked up to their TV for the next 5-7 years. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of current gen systems end up in closets or traded shortly after launch.

quickwhips

Not to go to off topic but does anyone know when this goes out on Xbox games on demand? Because I demand it to come out soon after launch. :(

Curufinwe

Pre-ordered the PS3 version last week. My wife and I have been looking forward to couch co-op ever since this was announced.

I asked my wife what version she would prefer this morning and she said the Xbox 360 controller was big and stupid, but I still want to see the DF faceoff before I commit to getting it on the PS3.

Yoshichan

I really think that depends on how well received the current gen console versions are going to be.

If the console versions combined sell less than 500.000 why bother with the PS4 version?
They have a deal with Sony. They will launch the game for PS4, no matter the sales for this gen-Diablo.

what version was typically demo'd of this game?

I preordered PS3 version, but mostly care about vsync. Would switch to xbox 360 if its noticeably better.

the ps3 version had some framerate issues in coop in the penny arcade couch coop session

but seeing the online on 360 running smooth I'm going with that for now

ElRenoRaven

Eurogamer is playing X360 version live right now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWTQcdMrPfQ#t=468

---
Stash interface is terrible, no info about how big it is. 20 slots are free, next 20 cost 10k gold.

Oh oh you are on my bad side now. I just preordered PS3 version now thanks to the stream. I'll just sell PS3 version and rebuy on Ps4 when out. But had you not linked that I could have probably held out. GRRR

j/k

Why doesn't the PC version get an offline mode? It's so ludicrously unfair to the core fanbase of the series

That's why I refused to buy the PC version. No offline and the AH. WIth both of those requirements gone from the console version I'm supporting that version.

Loot drops are rebalanced to account for the lack of an auction house. Hopefully that won't be an issue.

Perhaps the Itemization will be better, but lets say it is more akin to Diablo 2. That does not remove the want of trading amongst the community and doing so on the consoles is going to be a hassle. It isn't like I can say "Hey Ascii, Join Game ABCD, Pass EFGH" like we are able to do via battle.net. Or the simplicity of sending an invite to a random player who happens to be spamming the trade channel with an item you desperately want.

No, ill have to first find a message board/forum, whatnot and find someone looking to trade/sell what I want, Then ill have to add them to my friends list (assuming you have the space) and then you can invite them. Now I am not just going to add random people to my friends list simply to trade with them once in a while on Diablo 3. Obviously they are getting deleted right after. It is going to be interesting to see how trading plays out on consoles to be honest.

In my opinion, the AH makes a lot more sense on consoles than it did on the PC.

Robin64

Eurogamer guy on the stream just confirmed 60fps, putting any doubts to rest.

Also there are yellow globes that drop now, which grant Nephalem Valor, apparently.

Into

Will the graphics difference between PC and PS3 be night and day?

From what Ive seen, not at all. This is a top down action RPG, graphics are not a area where you will see huge difference like you would see if it was Battlefield 3 or Far Cry 3 PC vs Console

The art style in D3 is excellent the game looks really good

.la1n

If anybody is planning on picking this up launch day on PS3 and want someone to play with feel free to add me on PSN, my ID is listed under my user public profile.

molnizzle

I reeeeally hope that Digital Foundry makes with the face-off before September 3rd. Those PS3 pre-order bonuses look great... but they're not worth any potential performance issues.

dubq

PS4 version is most likely 2014.

I wish they would give a rough idea of when, though. Like if it's Q1, then I'd have no problem waiting. But if it's Q4, I might as well do the PS3 version and double-dip when the time comes (if I even still want to).

Autofokus

I asked my wife what version she would prefer this morning and she said the Xbox 360 controller was big and stupid, but I still want to see the DF faceoff before I commit to getting it on the PS3.
Ha, my wife does have exactly the same preference, she really dislikes the 360 controller.
One advice from my experience: If you can't convince her that the PS3 version is worse than hitler, don't even bother. No technical differences in the world is constant nagging about wrong button presses/labels and whatnot worth. You don't want that, trust me. :)

Hmm, I might buy for couch co-op with the wife. Is $45 the best deal, maybe I'll wait. I'm sure it will drop soon enough.

Yoshichan

60 confirmed in that video, as expected :3

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I put in a pre-order for both 360 and PS3 versions. Hopefully some information surfaces within the next few days that will allow me to make an informed choice. I'm currently leaning towards PS3 since that is the version that Blizzard has been showing off, it has pre-order bonuses, and may allow me to transfer my characters over to PS4 if that option is announced.

Yoshichan

ilnadmy, was your previous GAF-name "nemesis" something?

Top Bottom