• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Velocity

I'd certainly hope you can play higher difficulties from the get-go. Can't see why not. Would kinda suck to be stuck at MP4 until Inferno. =/

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
On the PC version you can start off playing at MP10 on Normal so they might allow you to do that here as well.
Exciting! What are the increased droprate/gold-stats for MP10 compared to no MP at all?

Dahbomb

Exciting! What are the increased droprate/gold-stats for MP10 compared to no MP at all?
Its a crap ton difference. Thing is that there's no point in getting big benefits from magic find/gold find at lower difficulties because gear gets out dated very early. MP10 is really beneficial in Inferno when your character is super geared and can do a shit ton of damage while surviving a lot or if you want 100% Keys/Ring parts which is also a main use of MP10.

75FGw.jpg

The bonus item stat basically means you will be getting twice as much loot with considerably more magic find at MP10 compared to MP0.

Autofokus

Oh! I thought "hard" was the highest you could go until you reach inferno!

Damn son, I'll definitely be going for dat early game MP10!

Yeah, thats how I understood the eurogamer video, but I don't know - on PC you can freely crank it up to MP10.

But, if you only seeking better loot, its not really worth going MP10 from the beginning -- if its too easy/you're bored, sure, go for it. But better power through early difficulties fast and invest more time in Inferno - thats where the game is at. :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ah, gotcha! It's obviously adjustable at all times and considering that normal-hell loot probably sucks, I think I might go with MP5 or something until I reach (and get the required loot for) inferno.

Thanks guys.

Belgorim

Its a crap ton difference. Thing is that there's no point in getting big benefits from magic find/gold find at lower difficulties because gear gets out dated very early. MP10 is really beneficial in Inferno when your character is super geared and can do a shit ton of damage while surviving a lot or if you want 100% Keys/Ring parts which is also a main use of MP10.

75FGw.jpg

The bonus item stat basically means you will be getting twice as much loot with considerably more magic find at MP10 compared to MP0.

I don't think it works the same outside of inferno though, so there should be another chart with those values from start of the game.

Yoshichan

That pic is crazy. Let's say a monster can take two hits from me at the early games. If I choose MP10 at the start of the game, I'll essentially have to hit the same monster 68 times in order to kill it?

edit: Oh, now it makes sense :lol I was like "wtf?". 200% XP sounds delicious and might just be the reason why I'll choose MP10 from the start.

Velocity

This is pretty true. I only mention playing at higher MP from the get go as a challenge, but the likelihood you'd see anything better for the trouble is miniscule. Plus, if anyone plays the PS3 version with the exclusive items, they'll probably be better than anything you'd find early on. Or at least a very good compliment.

Also, the main advantage to playing on higher MP is just more XP. The rate at which you'll level up, not even counting the multiplayer bonuses and the PS3 exclusive items, is insane. Add all that up and you could probably hit 60 before/right at reaching Hell difficulty.

Xevren

That pic is crazy. Let's say a monster can take two hits from me at the early games. If I choose MP10 at the start of the game, I'll essentially have to hit the same monster 68 times in order to kill it?

edit: Oh, now it makes sense :lol I was like "wtf?". 200% XP sounds delicious and might just be the reason why I'll choose MP10 from the start.

Choosing MP10 from the start probably isn't the best idea.

Yoshichan

Also, the main advantage to playing on higher MP is just more XP. The rate at which you'll level up, not even counting the multiplayer bonuses and the PS3 exclusive items, is insane. Add all that up and you could probably hit 60 before/right at reaching Hell difficulty.
True. The PS3 pre-order bonuses are insane.

You won't reach 60 before Hell even if you play MP10 exclusively. You will however be paragon leveling before you enter Inferno.

MP10 at lower difficulties is not really required. And you need seriously good gear to be able to survive MP10 in inferno.

Svafnir

Monster Power is a bit different on the console than it is on the PC.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9281758533#17
Yes and no.

Difficulty levels and Monster Power operate a little differently on console. There will still be Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno, and completing one mode will unlock the next mode -- just like on PC. Also, within each of these modes players will able to select from different difficulty levels to suit their preferred level of challenge. On console, however, there are only 8 settings: Easy, Medium, Hard, Master I, Master II, Master III, Master IV, and Master V. At Medium and higher in Inferno, density does increase, but the increase won't be as significant as what you'd typically see on PC (due to performance issues). Similar to MP on PC, higher difficulty settings present more powerful enemies that will have opportunity to reward players with more powerful loot.

For perspective, here's the current scaling (note that this may change before we ship):

Easy = Monster Power 0
Medium = Monster Power 2
Hard = Monster Power 4
Master I = Monster Power 6
Master II = Monster Power 7
Master III = Monster Power 8
Master IV = Monster Power 9
Master V = Monster Power 10

Hope that helps!

Also the Inferno values for experience are outdated in the picture someone posted. Right now it is:
MP 1: 25% (up from 10%)
MP 2: 50% (up from 20%)
MP 3: 80% (up from 30%)
MP 4: 120%(up from 45%)
MP 5: 165% (up from 60%)
MP 6: 215% (up from 75%)
MP 7: 275% (up from 95%)
MP 8: 340% (up from 115%)
MP 9: 420% (up from 135%
MP 10: 510% (up from 160%)
- See more at: http://www.diablowiki.net/Monster_Power#sthash.Ky6OPIIQ.dpuf

lem0n

I'm just asking for it, being a newly approved Junior and all, but this will be my first venture into the Diablo universe. My friends all played D2 back in the day, I was a strict console gamer... I hope some of my friends get this next week.

Velocity

You won't reach 60 before Hell even if you play MP10 exclusively. You will however be paragon leveling before you enter Inferno.

MP10 at lower difficulties is not really required. And you need seriously good gear to be able to survive MP10 in inferno.

Okay, I may exaggerate a bit, but I'm not far off.

I currently have a level 46 Demon Hunter(D3 PC) sitting on Nightmare Act 3, and that's just from playing solo MP10. Straight playthrough, nothing really special. As I mentioned before, add-in the PS3 exclusive items and multiplayer EXP buffs, and it could be really close.

Dahbomb

The best PS3 pre order items are the Helm and the Shoulders. The Helm for the EXP bonus and the Shoulders for the 12% movement speed which is insane as you don't get that stat on that armor piece. The rest are OK, I mean they are godly for lvl1 but after a while they will get replaced by better stuff.

Yoshichan

510% more experience on MP10 Inferno? Crazy... if I spend 3-4 hours grinding every day, how long till I reach paragon 100?

Velocity

The best PS3 pre order items are the Helm and the Shoulders. The Helm for the EXP bonus and the Shoulders for the 12% movement speed which is insane as you don't get that stat on that armor piece. The rest are OK, I mean they are godly for lvl1 but after a while they will get replaced by better stuff.

They are level tiered as well, so there's always a piece to look forward to which I think is nice. Also, when you consider that the console D3 has no AH and you rely entirely on found loot,those bonus items may end up being used for longer than originally thought.

I'm just asking for it, being a newly approved Junior and all, but this will be my first venture into the Diablo universe. My friends all played D2 back in the day, I was a strict console gamer... I hope some of my friends get this next week.
Welcome to Hell! Stay a while, and listen...

Yoshichan

Good luck :D!

Yoshichan

Ugh, trying to watch the Eurogamer vod but it's cringe-worthy. This guy never played the PC-version so I feel that he's the wrong person to show us the console version :/

Dahbomb

510% more experience on MP10 Inferno? Crazy... if I spend 3-4 hours grinding every day, how long till I reach paragon 100?
Months.

If you played the game for 10 hours a day at least and used the most EXP effecient runs on a class that can basically kill mobs while running at max speed (like Tempest Monk, Vault DH or WW Barb) you can MAYBE do it in 1 month.

lem0n

Appreciate the welcome, guys. I'm ready to see what all the fuss is about. And from the couch, no less. Not exactly how I imagined my first Diablo experience.

Yoshichan

Months.

If you played the game for 10 hours a day at least and used the most EXP effecient runs on a class that can basically kill mobs while running at max speed (like Tempest Monk, Vault DH or WW Barb) you can MAYBE do it in 1 month.
In that other thread, the guy said he had played the game for 200 hours and he's paragon 96 (?). I mean, it should've at least taken him 30 hours to get to inferno farm status so I don't think it's that "slow", right? I'm not complaining btw!

Dahbomb

Man I don't know how he did it, he must be playing super effecient because I am 200+ hours on my Monk and its at p40. The guy who had the world first p100 did it in just under a month playing almost non stop 10 hours a day doing a super effecient run not even wasting time to pick up Legendaries!

Granted that a bulk of my play also included pre Paragon time plus playing the game before the EXP buff on higher MP. So it might be possible in 2 weeks but the way that you would have to play the game would be extremely unfun.

I would say on average 2-3 months of regular play should get you p100 now.

ShinMaruku

I recently tried the diablo 3 trail on the pc and I got a good feel for the game.
Now all I need to know is if the critical mass build wizard is still viable....

Lord Phol

Think I'm gonna start on hardcore right away for my single player experience, and save the softcore mode for playthroughs with friends.

Dahbomb

I recently tried the diablo 3 trail on the pc and I got a good feel for the game.
Now all I need to know is if the critical mass build wizard is still viable....
Its still one of the best builds in the game. They did nerf it but not too much. Same for WW Barb.

Robin64

MP10 from the start, baby! People have been getting legendaries on this version on MP0 in low levels, so let's see what MP10 brings us, eh?

(I'll probably lower it gradually as things get hairy, to a comfortable point)

Lord Phol

Thought I'd share this:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...I-Console-Version-Makes-it-Easier-to-Get-Loot

It's an older write-up, but I wanted to refresh my memory on what changed for the loot tables. It's possible that these figures are exaggerated for demo purposes, but if what that write-up says holds true, then it sounds like a halfway point to Loot 2.0. Not quite Loot 2.0, but better than current PC D3 standings. I'll take it.

Interesting, has there been any mention if Loot 2.0 will arrive on consoles as well?
Would feel kind of shitty if it didn't.

Yoshichan

MP10 from the start, baby! People have been getting legendaries on this version on MP0 in low levels, so let's see what MP10 brings us, eh?

(I'll probably lower it gradually as things get hairy, to a comfortable point)
Are you getting it on launch Robin? Playing solo or coop? Online or with buddies?
My copy just shipped (-:
Jealous!
Interesting, has there been any mention if Loot 2.0 will arrive on consoles as well?
Would feel kind of shitty if it didn't.
Loot 2.0 is in the console version, yeah.

Yoshichan

Damn it. Watching the Eurogamer vod, I'm noticing that the evade doesn't grant you invincibility-frames for shit. He tried dodging through an attack and got hit, he also tried evading the ice explosion-affix and got hit as well.

Fuck :(

Lord Phol

Loot 2.0 is in the console version, yeah.

From what I've read it seems more like it's shipping with loot 2.0 "lite". Not the full package that's coming for PC, but a custom-tailored version for consoles to make up for no AH. Shouldn't be hard to patch into the game at a later point though so here's hoping it makes it.

Sioen

Hey guys/girls, I'm looking for a good melee class but I can't choose between the monk and the barbarian.. Anyone can tell me which of the 2 is more agressive and faster to play with?

Yoshichan

Are barrels/jars/whatnot completely worthless nowadays? No point in destroying them?

Robin64

Are barrels/jars/whatnot completely worthless nowadays? No point in destroying them?

Well.

Eurogamer said:
There's a little less loot and it's a lot better quality, as well as being more likely to be useful to the class that you're playing, making it more toothsome overall. (If anything, Blizzard has gone overboard here; I had three Legendary items equipped by level 20, and I found one of them in a pot in the sewers.)

Also I'll probably play solo to begin with. I'll be splitting time between this and FFXIV, so don't want to let people down with no-shows.

sagat2036

Damn it. Watching the Eurogamer vod, I'm noticing that the evade doesn't grant you invincibility-frames for shit. He tried dodging through an attack and got hit, he also tried evading the ice explosion-affix and got hit as well.

Fuck :(

Seems like you have control immunity because he didnt get frozen. /shrug

Freezard

Starting on MP10 is NOT a good idea... sure you might level quickly in the first few areas but very soon you will find it impossible to progress (also it's a hellofalot less efficient). I think I'll start with MP4.

100-200 hours on PC on MP10 with exp gems/items. You have the reduced monster density on console though. But doing MP10 efficiently is not a cakewalk.

Hey guys/girls, I'm looking for a good melee class but I can't choose between the monk and the barbarian.. Anyone can tell me which of the 2 is more agressive and faster to play with?

I'm doing Monk on PC now and I find it more fun than my Barb. I've played 5 characters through Inferno (Paragon 24 on my main) and still can't wait for the PS3 version for the sofa co-op play :-D

Yoshichan

Seems like you have control immunity because he didnt get frozen. /shrug
Interesting... someone with a review copy, please confirm!

Yoshichan

Gamestop (at least in Sweden) has a deal where if you trade in two games from a particular list, you get D3 for free. A good deal to me.

Fuck, wanted to get this for 360 on Tuesday but my brothers said its coming out for ps4/xbone, if I get the 360 version, will all my levels and shit transfer over? I doubt it would but id like to know for a fact. Don't wanna drop 60 (maybe 45 if I can price match the toys r us price somewhere) if its just gonna come out a couple months later and why work so hard if nothing will transfer.

They're not doing character transfers from PC to console, but I'd be very surprised if they didn't support it from PS3/360 to PS4/XBone.

Top Bottom