• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III PS3/360 |OT| Bringing Hell to consoles

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Nope, that guy was another poster in the RE6 thread; my name has always been ilnadmy. :) I have been thinking about changing my GAF name though.
Gotcha! Both with Jill avatars (I think)! Confuses me :lol

ironcreed

Banned
Very nice OT. It will be a treat to finally get the chance to play this game. I'm going to play the hell out of it before GTA V drops, then of course return to it later. I'll probably even be taking breaks to come back to it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What's the best class for a Diablo newb?

I don't know anything about Diablo but I always suggest picking a class that you are attracted to thematically. Since you're going to spend hours and hours playing this game, you might as well feel some sort of connection to your character.

Personally I'm thinking I'll either go with a Wizard or a Demon Hunter for my first class.

Doc Evils

I don't know anything about Diablo but I always suggest picking a class that you are attracted to thematically. Since you're going to spend hours and hours playing this game, you might as well feel some sort of connection to your character.

Personally I'm thinking I'll either go with a Wizard or a Demon Hunter for my first class.

Demon hunter looks fun.

Probably Barb.

It's completely easy mode and OP at 60 in Inferno.

Most fun class IMO is Monk.

What's the best class that would "normal" playthrough, but also fun rather than easy?

Voidance

The Demon Hunter is a glass cannon on higher difficulties (at least from my experience on the PC). I'll be interested to see how the dodge impacts this, as the dodge built in the class cost discipline to use, meaning you could only cheese it for a short time.

I might try out Witch Doctor -- it's the only class with which I have no experience.

confuziz

Banned
I have a question regarding the co-op of this game (can't find the answer anywhere)

Will you be able to play couch co-op with 2 people and invite 1 person online, like in Borderlands 2 (So two people on 1 console playing online with someone else)?

Dahbomb

What's the best class that would "normal" playthrough, but also fun rather than easy?
Pretty much every class is easy at that level but Monk is both fun and super easy for a normal playthrough.

I have a question regarding the co-op of this game (can't find the answer anywhere)

Will you be able to play couch co-op with 2 people and invite 1 person online, like in Borderlands 2 (So two people on 1 console playing online with someone else)?

I looked here, but couldnt find anything for you- not home now and forgot my password for blizzard forums- so I couldnt ask-

try there tho-the devs are usually lurking

Trose

Neo Member
Add me PSN: FortuneSpeaks

If any Gaffers want to play. I've got 200 hours in PC version so I know what I'm doing, or at least I think I do. I'll be playing day one.

Velocity

The answer is: Yes.

It'll work the exact same way, only your local co-op buddy will share(or ninja!) the loot drops on your screen, while the network player will have their own set of loot drops seperate to what you are seeing.

Nice OT. Hyped about this. Diablo 3 and the Dragon's Crown proves that local multiplayer isnt dead. Wish there were more games like those. If anyone wanna play some co op my psn: abysswalker71

Velocity

Thought I'd share this:

Two of the most important changes are that crafted items will tailor their stats more to the class that has crafted them, and class items will be more likely to drop for the class you are playing. White and blue items will also drop considerably less, vendors are much more likely to sell Rare gear, and Artisan upgrades cost less gold. Drop rates for legendary items also seem to be substantially increased; the 5-6 fansite attendees at Blizzard HQ managed to find a total of 3-4 items Legendary items on Act 1 Nightmare in one hour.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...I-Console-Version-Makes-it-Easier-to-Get-Loot

It's an older write-up, but I wanted to refresh my memory on what changed for the loot tables. It's possible that these figures are exaggerated for demo purposes, but if what that write-up says holds true, then it sounds like a halfway point to Loot 2.0. Not quite Loot 2.0, but better than current PC D3 standings. I'll take it.

Did both of these have to drop in the same day! O_O I'm already behind.

AhZU0v3.jpg

TheMan

wish i could pick this up next week, but money is tight and GTA V is oh so close. maybe around christmas time.

Sciz

http://www.pathofexile.com/

A much better ARPG with an amazing hardcore community.

Yep. As polished as turd can be.

This x10000. D3 is such a mess. A console port was the last thing they needed, but it has definitely been in the works for a long time and there's no way Activison wasn't letting that release.

Path of Exile is a game worth your time and money. The amount of content they have put out it just insane. Putting Blizzard to shame on a daily basis.

Check out PoE. Hardcore is what that game is made for.

^^ Yep. If you want an ARPG worth your time check out Path of Exile.

For any PC gamers who want a good ARPG though, it's right here

This is why I play perma-death in an ARPG with no auction houses and face to face trading with MMO elements and shared instances. Most "MMOs" these days hold your hand til it falls off.

www.pathofexile.com

We get it.

Saganator

In the eurogamer live stream, the guy said something about a medium and easy difficulty (at around the 25 min mark), that is the first I've heard of that. Anyone know more or was the guy mistaken?

In the eurogamer live stream, the guy said something about a medium and easy difficulty (at around the 25 min mark), that is the first I've heard of that. Anyone know more or was the guy mistaken?

Yes when booting the game up there is a easy and medium along with hard and the rest are locked. I just started on hard.

eek5

Any class that's good at healing or buffing others?

WD can generate a lot of health orbs with the right build. WD also has a long CD skill that can significantly buff DPS

Monk is good at buffing DPS

Wizard can buff DPS in an AOE with bubble

Barb can buff defense pretty well

If you want to play a "utility" class I'd go with monk. Keeping mantra of conviction + BoH boosts group DPS a ton and you can still deal a ton of DPS w/ EP

Daigoro

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Do we know anything about easy, medium, hard difficulties? What do they change and are there benefits for running it on harder settings?

Gonna watch the live footage that was posted before, as soon as I find my laptop :lol

Sigmaah

Fuck, wanted to get this for 360 on Tuesday but my brothers said its coming out for ps4/xbone, if I get the 360 version, will all my levels and shit transfer over? I doubt it would but id like to know for a fact. Don't wanna drop 60 (maybe 45 if I can price match the toys r us price somewhere) if its just gonna come out a couple months later and why work so hard if nothing will transfer.

Autofokus

Do we know anything about easy, medium, hard difficulties? What do they change and are there benefits for running it on harder settings?

Gonna watch the live footage that was posted before, as soon as I find my laptop :lol

From the official FAQ:

Easy = Monster Power 0
Medium = Monster Power 2
Hard = Monster Power 4
Master I = Monster Power 6
Master II = Monster Power 7
Master III = Monster Power 8
Master IV = Monster Power 9
Master V = Monster Power 10

I assume 'Master I' and up is only available on higher difficulties, Hell or even only on Inferno. So 'Normal' + 'Easy' would be more or less the equivalent of a Normal playthrough on PC, before Monster Power Levels got introduced.

Yoshichan

Oh so if I choose hard, my monster power will be 4 and I'll get more lewt from start right?

Velocity

Oh so if I choose hard, my monster power will be 4 and I'll get more lewt from start right?

Better magic/gold find/exp from the start, anyhow. I'd say crank it to Master V difficulty from the get go if you want a challenge + best chance of phat loot. MP10 isn't really much of an issue until Hell/Inferno difficulty, as you'll out-level most of the enemies pretty quickly. But, that's just my opinion.

Yoshichan

Oh! I thought "hard" was the highest you could go until you reach inferno!

Damn son, I'll definitely be going for dat early game MP10!

Dahbomb

On the PC version you can start off playing at MP10 on Normal so they might allow you to do that here as well.

Although there is no real benefit to playing MP10 at that level starting from scratch. It's not the fun type of challenge, monsters take a long ass time to kill. Its really just there if you manage to twink some gems in or get a Hellfire Ring so you can power level alt characters.

Top Bottom