• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.

Fuck me. I just had a horrible experience. Definitely the worst encounter in public games yet (for D3).

So the rift begins and I announce that I have Nemesis Bracers so I'll get the shrines, but this idiot in the group sprints to them and clicks them as we go along. I ask why he clicks them and he responds with "why not".

I'm like "because you can potentially get loot if I click them" and he's like "keep up then"

I'M SORRY I'M KILLING THESE MOBS THAT YOU FORGOT ABOUT BECAUSE YOU SAW A SHINY SHRINE THAT YOUR FINGER HAD AN UNCONTROLLABLE URGE TO CLICK.

That's just the nature of playing pugs. People don't give a fuck.

Worst are the idiots that skip ahead in the rifts in search of elites to Rambo and end up dying, or worse, end up bringing 2-3 elite packs to us and wiping the whole got'dam' group.

Don't get too upset about it. Not worth it.

joesmokey

I recently switched to Storm Armor - Shocking Aspect for my full lightning build. I'm liking it a lot as it can crit for a ton and it also stuns. Things can tick for a lot even at T3 without Prismatic Armor, however so far I haven't had to worry too much. For T4, I imagine I'd probably have to switch back to Prismatic Armor.

Discobird

you can't find the torment only class sets. you can find awful things like blackthornes and stuff.

anyone on gaf find a kridershot yet? wondering how it compares to a nat's damage wise.

I think the max theoretical DPS for a 2H bow is very slightly lower than 1h xbows (2805 vs 2810 or something like that). There's no reason a Kridershot couldn't roll that high, but you'd have to be very lucky and get either 10% damage or a high black damage roll (and roll for the other affix). Nat's always rolls with +6-10% damage or thereabouts so it's easier to get high DPS on Nat's as you just have to roll for high black damage.

Guys.

Fuck me. I just had a horrible experience. Definitely the worst encounter in public games yet (for D3).

So the rift begins and I announce that I have Nemesis Bracers so I'll get the shrines, but this idiot in the group sprints to them and clicks them as we go along. I ask why he clicks them and he responds with "why not".

I'm like "because you can potentially get loot if I click them" and he's like "keep up then"

I'M SORRY I'M KILLING THESE MOBS THAT YOU FORGOT ABOUT BECAUSE YOU SAW A SHINY SHRINE THAT YOUR FINGER HAD AN UNCONTROLLABLE URGE TO CLICK.

That's not as bad as someone checking your profile for DPS and gear then proceed to tell you you don't know what you're doing and that you shouldn't belong BLAH BLAH BLAH don't let the trolls get to you, man. One of the main reasons I avoid public games if at all possible.

Welp after the 9 run drystreak rngesus gave me a Stone of Jordan with
17percent lightbning dmg
458 str
6crit chance
30 percent elite dmg

23k health globe bonus (which is actually really useful on barb)
+7 max fury

I won't reroll it since it's pretty much perfect so I can change the lightning to another element in case I want to go fire or something

also found some good raekor boots (93 all resist, str , vit , movespeed (rerolled to hota damage)) which gives me the 2 set bonus for now
I can get rid of my 2 set blackthorn (legs and boots) since my blackthorn boots didn't have resist on them which gives me an excuse to get aughild chest and shoulders now

I need to swap the raekor for 2 piece asheara since it's a lot better and I have the grandeur ring too but I dread trying to craft a decent roll on asheara gloves:( Already have the boots in my stash though

After some crafting (finally some control over my gearing, the gloves will be the only hard piece to craft) I just need the arcane absorb necklace with a good roll (not holding my breath for ever winning that lottery) and a good roll odyn and my barb's gear will be completed.

RPGCrazied

Beat RoS campaign a sec ago. Really liked it. What are the odds of another expansion? D2 only got one so.

Should I do the campaign again on expert or do adventure mode? I did it on hard just to breeze through the story and achievements.

This may seem a bit stupid, but in light of scy's profile going under blast when the reality is completely different, is there some sort of deal with Kadala's items and the stats that they display on your profile?

I only say this because if you look at my profile, in particular the gloves, they show the following stats:

+546 intelligence
+6% attack speed
+26% crit damage
+8% crit chance

However, if I go into the game, the same gloves display as follows:
KdnC1X9.jpg

I don't see the same discrepancy with any of my other equipment, and the only reason I can think of is that I got these gloves from Kadala.

Beat RoS campaign a sec ago. Really liked it. What are the odds of another expansion? D2 only got one so.

Should I do the campaign again on expert or do adventure mode? I did it on hard just to breeze through the story and achievements.
Seeing as the end of Reaper of Souls amounted to
oh fuck, guess who is on the loose again!
, there had damn well better be another expansion because there's no way in hell people are going to wait however long for Diablo IV.

Discobird

Welp after the 9 run drystreak rngesus gave me a Stone of Jordan with
17percent lightbning dmg
458 str
6crit chance
30 percent elite dmg

23k health globe bonus (which is actually really useful on barb)
+7 max fury

I won't reroll it since it's pretty much perfect so I can change the lightning to another element in case I want to go fire or something

goddamn, that's a nice find.

If you have the resources to waste you could always try and roll for 20% lightning, and you would still have the freedom to switch elements in the future. But I honestly wouldn't bother unless I had tons of gems/souls/gold just lying around with nothing better to spend it on.

dengatron

@glaring quite a few of my items show lower value on armory than in game. i don't know if they're kadala items or not, because i don't know where i've gotten anything from anymore, but, the difference is definitely there.

@glaring quite a few of my items show lower value on armory than in game. i don't know if they're kadala items or not, because i don't know where i've gotten anything from anymore, but, the difference is definitely there.
Good to know it's happening to other people. I know it ultimately doesn't matter because the proof is in the pudding, but it's still a bit weird that items aren't accurately reflected in your profile.

alife

Wolf buff? Strongarms?

My guess is that she's using Wolf Companion plus Cull of the Weak passive (more damage against slowed enemies). So you can get higher crits if you turn on Wolf Companion, use Entangling Shot to slow and then fire a shot. That what hit for over 40 million.

Nah. She uses the same skills and passives as I do and that's what I have; Cull of the Weak passive + Ambush. Tried using the wolf companion but didn't see an increase in damage when it howls or whatever. My elemental dps is actually a little higher than hers.

Got fire % dmg on my Andariel's Visage finally and I didn't see a noticeable increase in damage output either. Could there be some kinda bug where elemental % dmg isn't adding up?

Finally into the cool kids club.

A1BqWt8.jpg

This dropped as is. It rolled so close to max dmg that rerolling that seems bad. It rolled max area damage and that's a reasonable DPS stat so not sure if I should reroll that? For now I'm just going to put a gem in it and leave it as is.

Tempted to try to reroll max dex but that also seems really greedy.

alife

A1BqWt8.jpg

This dropped as is. It rolled so close to max dmg that rerolling that seems bad. It rolled max area damage and that's a reasonable DPS stat so not sure if I should reroll that? For now I'm just going to put a gem in it and leave it as is.

That's really nice, grats! Maybe reroll for attack speed?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
My only problem with public games is when I join one and people are just AFKing in town. Or someone joins a game in progress and AFKs in town. No idea what is up with these people.

I've only played in Torment 1, which isn't hard, so people playing in a dumb way really doesn't have much effect on anything.

Sanctuary

Ok, either someone loves me, or they really hate me. I can't tell which.

60x rerolls on:

Fire2_zps52b21505.jpg

Not once did Arcane show up. So I give in and go fire. It's fun, but I don't have quite as good a set as I do Arcane. So the day I do not try to reroll, this drops:

moon_zpsd516bda3.jpg

That took me 6x to get the crit.

Not perfect (IAS = bleh), but still a good upgrade over what I was using. However, I would have been so fucking mad if I had tried rerolling the other amulet and it actually gave me Arcane today before this dropped. I'm leaving the previous as fire forever now I think.

Yaari

A1BqWt8.jpg

Nice roll. I'd keep that max area damage I think.

jblank83

Worst are the idiots that skip ahead in the rifts in search of elites to Rambo and end up dying, or worse, end up bringing 2-3 elite packs to us and wiping the whole got'dam' group.[/SPOILER]

I do that. Difference is I'm good. Also I run Archon, so just as the group is catching up, I'm finishing off the pack. It speeds up clear time.

Point being, group separation isn't necessarily bad. It's especially useful in large maps when having people take 2 different paths can help uncover more of the map faster. Again, the goal is faster clear time.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I go to a mil on legendary rolls but a rare? No way it's worth more than 200k a roll!

That depends. Legendary goods tend to accumulate quicker than rares. I have 2 rares and my crafting is hitting a wall. I was lucky to get insta-good-rolls on a few of my items, while my quiver is @ 1.3mil... I might take a stab at it once more.

I'm hoping to get a SoJ(Stone of Jordan) with dex, fire skills and or crit hit/crit damage. I have saved plenty of flawless imperial amethyst for such a time.

Other dream item is a trifecta Ring of Royal Grandeur.

BigDug13

What affects "chance" to deal area damage? Is it a set percentage of chance per swing and when it procs it uses your overall value of AE damage percentages across your items? If so what is that set percentage chance?

RDreamer

What affects "chance" to deal area damage? Is it a set percentage of chance per swing and when it procs it uses your overall value of AE damage percentages across your items? If so what is that set percentage chance?

If you look in the detailed character sheet it says 20% chance.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/tinantlu-1973/hero/26011531

Gear check for me. I can do T2 easily, T3 by changing a few skills around. I feel like I have hit a bit of a wall, just because the only thing I really want are Zuni pieces and they are so damned hard to find.
Just keep plugging away at rifts trying for the pieces, or should I switch something up to make this guy more fun?

There isn't really much choice as a WD... it will depend on the helm or weapon you get that allows you to use different builds as well as the sets (which all push you towards pets or dots anyways) so basically you're at the mercy of RNG. I've been stuck for awhile now just farming hoping for zunis or jade harvester sets and that's all I can do is hope they drop but no luck.

Dahbomb

It's always a 20% chance (it's stated in your Details menu).

Basically whenever you hit it has a 20% chance of also dealing that attack in a splash. The value is how much your area damage is. And yes area damage can be taken over 100% so you can be doing more damage to the surrounding area then your actual attack. And yes it can proc off of other AOE attacks too (but not itself of course) so it's actually better for AOE attacks.

Very underrated attribute.

What would be the better option to craft; Kethreys splint or reaper wraps

I have no idea what Kethreys splint is but even without knowing what it is... Reapers Wraps is probably way better.

Edit: Just looked it up... it's a generic Legendary Bracer. Reapers Wraps is 100 times better.

Baliis

Drop rates are shit but not THAT shit surely?

Blizz has stated the average drop rate should be about 1.5-2 hours per leg. Someone is bound to be on the extreme edge though, which is why theres a safety net that kicks in around 4-6 hours and starts to increase your chance to get a leg.

This is all assuming the blue posts are actually correct of course.

BigDug13

It's always a 20% chance (it's stated in your Details menu).

Basically whenever you hit it has a 20% chance of also dealing that attack in a splash. The value is how much your area damage is. And yes area damage can be taken over 100% so you can be doing more damage to the surrounding area then your actual attack. And yes it can proc off of other AOE attacks too (but not itself of course) so it's actually better for AOE attacks.

Very underrated attribute.

I have no idea what Kethreys splint is but even without knowing what it is... Reapers Wraps is probably way better.

Edit: Just looked it up... it's a generic Legendary Bracer. Reapers Wraps is 100 times better.

So it's 100% of the specific attack's damage and not just 100% weapon damage? (assuming you have 100% AE attack in your gear)

Kyoufu

Blizz has stated the average drop rate should be about 1.5-2 hours per leg. Someone is bound to be on the extreme edge though, which is why theres a safety net that kicks in around 4-6 hours and starts to increase your chance to get a leg.

This is all assuming the blue posts are actually correct of course.

1.5 - 2 hours is ridiculous considering you'll end up with a Hellcat Waistguard half the time.

This game isn't very friendly to people who don't have a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom