• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

I just saw Scy's profile stats.

LMAO @ 600K DPS and 3 million toughness. What a joke the profile stats have become.

In-game is like 850k / 9.5M I think? Ghom tests put me at around 50M DPS, though Akkarat makes that sad.

That's kind of what I've been saying. You can do t4+, but its not worth it. I would not consider your gear t4 capable.

Honestly, that's mostly a function of the class / my weapon. I just can't go through at full slaughter speeds. We'll see how that goes since I got a BoP and finally got a decent Maximus (though now I need to replace the Cindercoat I gave to my Wizard >>).

I wasn't looking at his stats, just at the items and rolls

I guess shard is still insanely good with fissure somehow then? because other than a nice roll on his gloves none of the items are anything special, no SoJ yet either (I have the same problem on my barb , sigh , onlyfound one on my wiz)

I'm mainly wondering where he gets the damage to do t4 and make it worth doing

th3dude

In-game is like 850k / 9.5M I think? Ghom tests put me at around 50M DPS, though Akkarat makes that sad.

Honestly, that's mostly a function of the class / my weapon. I just can't go through at full slaughter speeds. We'll see how that goes since I got a BoP and finally got a decent Maximus (though now I need to replace the Cindercoat I gave to my Wizard >>).

Sorry if I missed it previously, but can you link your profile? I couldn't find it.

Kyoufu

A guaranteed forbidden soul would be good enough to make me feel those rift keys weren't completely wasted.

Also nice so I could use reforging. Reforging a legendary should not be as rare as getting one.

I don't want forbidden souls.

I want legendaries which may or may not turn into forbidden souls.

garath

Well. Had a wonderful day of crafting. Spent all of my souls. Made an archfiend quiver and it was missing a primary stat. Sigh. Then tried to reroll my maurader helm to crit chance and failed. That's about 12 souls down :(

Insult to injury, I found a rare helm that was a clear improvement even with the set bonus from the maurader. Its now in my bank. All those sounds for nothing.

Out of legendaries to salvage.

scy

Solo, probably not? I rarely solo run rifts, though, so it's usually just the occasional one to check to see if I'm capable of doing the run damage and tankiness wise. That'll probably change with build tweaks with BoP, though.

Really, though, the main focus of the post was targeted at surviving those Torments since that's what it sounded like was more being questioned.

Sorry if I missed it previously, but can you link your profile? I couldn't find it.

Here.

How fast would someone need to do T4 for you to consider them T4 capable? Just curious.

Just because you can clear a t4 doesn't mean you want to because it takes so long. My definition would be when you can do it and it's worth to keep doing. It's not like vanilla where you could measure gear against Diablo. The only sort of metric we have is "can you farm T# rifts/bounties efficiently."

Really, though, the main focus of the post was targeted at surviving those Torments since that's what it sounded like was more being questioned

Yeah I didn't mean that at all. Anyone can struggle through a rift. That's not an accomplishment. There are few accomplishments in RoS.

Looks like this weapon could be fun with in co-op with that additive effect. Shame the rolls weren't great. Anyone know if the proc Consecration includes a rune skill if you have Consencration as an active skill?
Jes8pP7.jpg

But seriously we really do need more stash space.

With all the legendary mats, The white items that dont even stack, Playing 6 characters (1 of each class) if you want... 4 tabs isnt much.

What Blizzard needs to do is take a page out of Torchlight's book.

Character stash AND a shared account stash like we have now.

Problem solved. But we won't get that because blizzard!

Maybe I just need a break from tanky melee classes (Barbarian, Crusader)...

I think I might start up a Demon Hunter. Are they still pretty high up there when it comes to damage output potential?

Glass cannons.

Scy's Crusader is immortal, I have seen death get the NOPE treatment.

tumblr_mko73m161z1ryj6qoo1_500.gif

This. We've done T4 and I specifically remember one incident in which three of us suddenly died horrific deaths that we were confused over....and there stood scy, confused as to how we died.

Got an odyn son but not sure if I want to use it with my monk or barb. On the one hand barb has nothing..haven't really played him though he is lvl 70. Monk has a cindercoat and magefist for fire hmmm

Dahbomb

I wasn't looking at his stats, just at the items and rolls

I guess shard is still insanely good with fissure somehow then? because other than a nice roll on his gloves none of the items are anything special, no SoJ yet either (I have the same problem on my barb , sigh , onlyfound one on my wiz)

He didn't say he does solo T4, he says he does T3. For groups he does T4 because he can easily tank for all his DPS buddies while providing solid damage.

Not everyone has to gear for 100% DPS glass cannon. Groups are more effective when one person is able to tank and crowd control.

His followers are insane for crowd control and general survivability especially when you have that Legendary item which gives them access to all their skills (so you have 18 extra skills helping you out). The Enchantress turns mobs into chickens while laying down an Arcane field (that gives bonus damage against enemies in that field), the Scoundrel Blinds and the Templar stuns/Taunt/heals. On top of that all of them are giving him like 6 stat bonuses like Wrath regen, Life regen, increased damage/crit chance, increased toughness and increased attack speed. Oh and each of his Followers has a Legendary item with a proc so there is usually that Maximus Fire chain summon that is killing stuff with its fire chain.

And yes Shard of Hate is still a very good item. People on forums talking out of their asses about how it was nerfed to shit when it's still one of the best weapons to get for many builds. It's just not clearly broken anymore.

It does... I honestly didn't find the proc all that special.

I don't think I have even used Consecration yet but I have been playing with a buddy who is playing D3 for the first time and picked it up just before RoS. Got his barb to 70 but he is still having trouble with some weak gear and low gems. It could help his survivability when we co op. I'll hang on to it for now and play with some runes. In the mean time, seeing that screen shot reminds me I need to re roll that vitality on my axe.

traveler

Not Wario
The general metric I follow for what difficulty to do is basically how fast I can clear avg trash mobs. For rifts, I expect to be able to kill a white mob with 2 crits off Blessed Shield (t2 or t3) and for ring farming I expect 1 crit to wipe a pack. (t1 or t2) My clear times are still slow because 2 handers 'saders are just straight slow, but at least kill times are decent.

Unfortunately, I generally run most of my stuff solo, so I need to be able to tank, burst dps, and sustain dps against bosses and elites. I can run t3 just fine like this, but t4 is simply not fast enough, between the number of deaths and the increase in time to even kill a white pack.

I run stuff with friends in the evening, but usually my connection is pretty bad and I have to afk on and off for various errands in the middle of playing, so I tend to play solo in order to prevent the inconvenience that would have in mp.

Realyn

Those two items improved my Elemental Exposure build by so much. Dropping two Arcane Hydras is enough for 90% of the trash mobs.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Realyn-2451/hero/41270256

Blazing through Torment 2/3 after 4 days of RoS. My EHP look really low, but I don't die all. I'm usually a hardcore player and hate this logic, but I kill everything before it reaches me. Only Vortex still gets me from time to time. Really happy about my progress so far.

Solo, probably not? I rarely solo run rifts, though, so it's usually just the occasional one to check to see if I'm capable of doing the run damage and tankiness wise. That'll probably change with build tweaks with BoP, though.

Really, though, the main focus of the post was targeted at surviving those Torments since that's what it sounded like was more being questioned.

Here.

oh no i'm sure you tank it with that gear, it's just that hp goes up so much in t3-4
i zerg through t2 on my barb but don't bother with t3 because of the hp increase (and couldn't do t4 since I made him a glass cannon with no vit as it's more efficient for farming t2:p)

I have 4set aeshera on my dh btw I'm aware of how nice it is, there's a lot of cc and the passive buffs from the followers are nice too (though their dmg is still pityful imo and i got a 2.7k maximus on my enchantress and a 2.6k bow with blind proc on my scoundrel and an azurewrath on my templar for the extra cc)

th3dude

Here.

Thanks for the link.

I wish we could consolidate the clans so we could all more easily play together.

scy

Please stop killing me in your heads.

Anyway, my original comment was about "crafted sets are for low level" so I was focused on that: I took "low level" to mean "entering Torment." Which is false, really. The sets are really good, especially since they're low difficulty in getting them. Especially things like Aughild's which provides super rare stats like Melee/Ranged reduction and the Elite affixes.

"I can do T3/T4/T5" is all based on how you want to take it. T3 is the normal farm status 5-6+ rifts per hour depending on full clear vs just kill boss whatever. T4 is probably about where my damage and tankiness feels at it's best for group play clearing but solo clears feels like the limit of my build due to how it functions; those runs are hard to break 3-ish per hour when solo which makes it mediocre in the end. T5 I can do without a struggle, per se, but it's so inefficient that it's more a metric of what I can take, which is pretty interesting to have on hand especially now that I have a BoP.

I'm alt-tabbing while doing runs so most my responses are terse so I'm not forcing the group to sit AFK (except this time because fuckthoseguys). I really should have expanded on the original point but I just stuck to the "low level" bit as "entering Torment" and went with it.

Thanks for the link.

I wish we could consolidate the clans so we could all more easily play together.

I'm not in any of the clans :x #laziness

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
nemesis bracers are awesome,

shrines spawn an enemy champion

How do you get the blue Chantodo source ? This guy in my contact list has one for days, but had no idea why it's glowing blue. Is it a bug ? Some sort of " shiny " ala pokemon thing (as you can't paint sources) ?

6ROS6jS.png
gang6z9.png
2KCrDq6.png

Spent over 200 crystals and 4 million gold trying to get crit dmg on A RARE FUCKING RING.

It REFUSED to roll it. There aren't even that many choices....

32%

Fuck this game

Ashodin

At the end of the month I'll cull any players below 1000 achievement score. Those players can message me after the cull if they'd like an invite back.

dengatron

I'm alt-tabbing while doing runs so most my responses are terse so I'm not forcing the group to sit AFK (except this time because fuckthoseguys). I really should have expanded on the original point but I just stuck to the "low level" bit as "entering Torment" and went with it.

#fuckthoselosers

why do you keep insisting to get carried all day?!

9 3-man t2 runs without a single legendary drop , that's a new record for me
at least a freshly dinged clanmember got a shard of hate drop so it wasn't a total waste of time

huxley00

9 3-man t2 runs without a single legendary drop , that's a new record for me
at least a freshly dinged clanmember got a shard of hate drop so it wasn't a total waste of time

I had an unusually low day as well, 7 rifts with 1 drop. Then again, the 1 drop was actually something pretty good that I will use. I'd rather have that 1 drop in 7 rifts and be happy rather than 14 legs in 7 rifts full of garbage.

Maybe this shot (the second pic of the three) was just taken at the perfect time, but...is that a blue musical note coming out of it?!

I took the screens. I took several at different angles to show that it's not about timing or background light. It's like this in profile, in game... Also, the smoking bubble coming out of it aren't part of the original Chantaodo, so that's why i'm so confused about this

Kyoufu

Guys.

Fuck me. I just had a horrible experience. Definitely the worst encounter in public games yet (for D3).

So the rift begins and I announce that I have Nemesis Bracers so I'll get the shrines, but this idiot in the group sprints to them and clicks them as we go along. I ask why he clicks them and he responds with "why not".

I'm like "because you can potentially get loot if I click them" and he's like "keep up then"

I'M SORRY I'M KILLING THESE MOBS THAT YOU FORGOT ABOUT BECAUSE YOU SAW A SHINY SHRINE THAT YOUR FINGER HAD AN UNCONTROLLABLE URGE TO CLICK.

Moff

didnt people say you cant find set items with kadala?
I have gotten about the fifth chantodo's force by now

dengatron

didnt people say you cant find set items with kadala?
I have gotten about the fifth chantodo's force by now

you can't find the torment only class sets. you can find awful things like blackthornes and stuff.

anyone on gaf find a kridershot yet? wondering how it compares to a nat's damage wise.

Omnicent

Well congrats, guess they'll be nerfed soon. :p

Apparently FotH: Fissure has a problem with being cast at too high attack speed, sounds like it's probably affecting you.
https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504791171

Also people seems to be saying Phalanx: Bowmen isn't affected by Provoke: Charged Up. Seems to be true.

yep, but shield beares are and you can stack those (its pretty good if you don't run blessed ground and you want cool down spam (need charged up for them to proc though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom