• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Just had this drop, and my excitement went from YES! to WHY?!

RMH.png

It even came with 497 int. Makes me pretty sad.

My morning, quick 30 min session before work. One T1 rift, 4 legs. Two shields, neither an upgrade for my Crusader, one Crossbow, not an upgrade for my DH, but the rare scoundrel token where he can't die! I have been wanting a follower leg for a while now.

Shifty76

Depends really. If you have the Royal Ring of Grandeur then the set bonuses from Asheara, Aughild and Born's are fantastic value and good tie overs until you get top end gear.

Though they can be a black hole for materials since you're not guaranteed mainstats and some of legendary materials can take a while to farm.

I'd say that Aughilds is plenty good enough for end game...15% elites bonus is huge.

Celegus

Depends really. If you have the Royal Ring of Grandeur then the set bonuses from Asheara, Aughild and Born's are fantastic value and good tie overs until you get top end gear.

Though they can be a black hole for materials since you're not guaranteed mainstats and some of legendary materials can take a while to farm.

Just crafted 6 pieces of gear for my newly 70 Crusader and spent all 12 of my souls. Man those things are hard to come by. None of the rolls were really that great, though the Aughild's set bonus is pretty nice. The effects stack, right? So with 3 pieces I have +15+7 = 22% damage to elites?

Found my fourth Mage Fist and my fourth leg-staff-that-is-so-useless-i-cant-remember-its-name.

Still no decent weapon.

Having opposite problems... can't decide between my Sun Keeper / Triumvirate or Maximus for my fire wiz, but can't find/gamble a magefist to save my life.

garath

Oh Kadala, why do you hate me so. Thousands of blood shards on chests and only one blackfeather to speak of. All I want is a cindercoat. :(

On the bright side I got a set 1h xbow when I was doing normal cache runs. The damage was too low to use as a primary but if by some miracle I get the other, it'll be a nice set.

Oh Kadala, why do you hate me so. Thousands of blood shards on chests and only one blackfeather to speak of. All I want is a cindercoat. :(

On the bright side I got a set 1h xbow when I was doing normal cache runs. The damage was too low to use as a primary but if by some miracle I get the other, it'll be a nice set.

I got 3 from her but all dex. I want one for my wiz already. Spent thousands of shards trying to get one.

Boogdud

So, I had to know. I did Ghom times on two of my characters. One being a WD with all yellow gear aside from weapon/mojo and rings, and the other being my Crusader with Jekang, all legendary gear except shoulders (and about 175k higher sheet deeps than the wd, I know, I know, sheet dps).

The results are pretty much what I expected. This is just at T1.

WD: 10.4 seconds
Crusader: 1 minute 12 seconds...

Granted blessed shield is not good at single target, but i was using the single target skills most of us use (provoke+chg, Fist+fissure, bowmen, etc.) Tried multiple builds nothing was much better. WD was doing haunt + some pet damage.

I just can't figure out why they put a tank class in an arpg that only rewards speedrunning content. Right now the only thing he's good for is the passive heal and the ability to taunt every so often.

Is there anything worth crafting ?

I've got a ton of green sets and everything I've built from them has been pretty bad.

There are some you just craft for the set bonuses. Assuming you can't fill those slots with much better gear.

I was disappointed to find out that the Hallowed set was pretty much weapon + shield only. There's a 1H crossbow in there. What DH is going to use a shield?

Boogdud

There are some you just craft for the set bonuses. Assuming you can't fill those slots with much better gear.

I was disappointed to find out that the Hallowed set was pretty much weapon + shield only. There's a 1H crossbow in there. What DH is going to use a shield?

Are the weapons unique equipped? I can't remember (I have them too and just made the shield for transmog). Would be nice if they'd let you dual wield them.

Are the weapons unique equipped? I can't remember (I have them too and just made the shield for transmog). Would be nice if they'd let you dual wield them.

Yeah. You can't dual wield any set item as they are considered legendaries.

I'm in the same boat. In my search for a Cindercoat, I've found 10 legendary chests so far. 3 of them for DH (Garwulf, Blackfeather, Cloak of the Dark Knight). A few repeats as well. I love the Garwulf though. The only way I'm replacing that is if I get a Cindercoat OR a few more pieces from Natalya's set. I have the chest but that by itself is not better than Garwulf.

That said, the pair of set 1H xbos for DH is amazing. You can vault ALL DAY LONG. The stun is also really useful.

garath

Yeah. You can't dual wield any set item as they are considered legendaries.

I'm in the same boat. In my search for a Cindercoat, I've found 10 legendary chests so far. 3 of them for DH (Garwulf, Blackfeather, Cloak of the Dark Knight). A few repeats as well. I love the Garwulf though. The only way I'm replacing that is if I get a Cindercoat OR a few more pieces from Natalya's set. I have the chest but that by itself is not better than Garwulf.

That said, the pair of set 1H xbos for DH is amazing. You can vault ALL DAY LONG. The stun is also really useful.

A Garwulf would be a nice fallback considering I have 14% companion damage on my quiver. Since the pet buff my wolf actually does pretty decent damage. But that cindercoat is like the CA defining item. The reduced resource cost on top of the fire damage is so huge. It would boost my DH over the plateau I've been stuck on for ages. Then I can start spamming for magefists and Pride's fall.

That and if I ever get a decent reaper's wrap roll. Lol. On my 6th attempt for those. DH bad luck confirmed!

Unmoses

So, I had to know. I did Ghom times on two of my characters. One being a WD with all yellow gear aside from weapon/mojo and rings, and the other being my Crusader with Jekang, all legendary gear except shoulders (and about 175k higher sheet deeps than the wd, I know, I know, sheet dps).

The results are pretty much what I expected. This is just at T1.

WD: 10.4 seconds
Crusader: 1 minute 12 seconds...

Granted blessed shield is not good at single target, but i was using the single target skills most of us use (provoke+chg, Fist+fissure, bowmen, etc.) Tried multiple builds nothing was much better. WD was doing haunt + some pet damage.

I just can't figure out why they put a tank class in an arpg that only rewards speedrunning content. Right now the only thing he's good for is the passive heal and the ability to taunt every so often.

I'll have to try on my crusader but I've been pretty much nuking t1 including rift bosses with her using +Holy items and skills, fist of the heavens and judgement (sorry on my phone can't recall specific runes but it's the crit damage judgement and law with crit increase and justice damage on two pieces.

ferr

Kind of kicking myself right now. Have a Tenclip from my stash that rolled a socket, IAS, and black damage that I got back at RoS launch. For some reason I decided IAS was neat, so I rolled a secondary for more discipline. Did the math just now and if I rolled the 7% IAS into 10% damage it would be 2701dps instead of 2627dps :tmyk:

But then I would probably have something stupid like +4 exp for killing monsters instead of a useful +9 disc. And maybe ~70dps isn't that much.

Bizazedo

I've been getting nothing but daggers for my monk. It's annoying, despite the Pig Sticker not really being that bad at all once I looked at it and accepted that it wasn't an Odyn Son or a Thunderfury.

The problem is it feels like I can't "risk" playing other guys until I get those weapons because I just KNOW they'll drop for my Witch Doctor and have the wrong stats....

Celegus

Get 3 sockets on that cindercoat ( i have it also) and i can tell you with firebats and firebomb it is glorious.

I still find it so hard to believe that one of the most common trash legendaries pre-RoS is now one of the best. If only I could have magically turned all my old ones into new ones..

huxley00

Just had this drop, and my excitement went from YES! to WHY?!

It even came with 497 int. Makes me pretty sad.

Eh, could be worse, I just got a Cindercoat on my Barb, it rolled +int and has a Witch Doctor only skill :(. I rerolled the INT and got 3 sockets my second try though, so I am happy enough with that result.

Piotrek

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/piotreksz-2985/hero/39172798

Where should I go from here? Any possibility for improvement with the current gear?Currently I am grinding moneys hard for the flawless royal rubies, but that's kind of a long term goal. Also, I could use myself a better helmet, but so far no dice both at Kadala's and in loot drops. :-/

IDK why the in game character sheet shows 700k dps and ~5,5kk toughness. I'm running through T1 without a hitch, and can manage T2 solo, but it's too slow and I think it's high time I moved to actually mowing down T2.

garath

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/profile/piotreksz-2985/hero/39172798

Where should I go from here? Any possibility for improvement with the current gear?Currently I am grinding moneys hard for the flawless royal rubies, but that's kind of a long term goal. Also, I could use myself a better helmet, but so far no dice both at Kadala's and in loot drops. :-/

IDK why the in game character sheet shows 700k dps and ~5,5kk toughness. I'm running through T1 without a hitch, and can manage T2 solo, but it's too slow and I think it's high time I moved to actually mowing down T2.

The web page doesn't show any bonuses on character sheet from passives. That usually accounts for some of the difference.

2 of the people I always play with are doing nothing but create alts and gearing them for t1-2 then moving on to the next one... all the while me and a friend are carrying them through t2 runs

it's starting to get annoying now because we are both geared enough to clear t3 rifts (and they would have been too if they stuck to their main for longer than a few days) in about 6-9 minutes when we play as two depending on density but because of the other two we are still stuck running t2
Getting rather tired of sharing our best drops with their "new mains" (2 good roll thunderfuries,almost perfect fire andariels, a bunch of set pieces etc) only for them to abandon those chars a few days later
sharing all the loot (e.g give away a decent upgrade thunderfury because the other person doesn't have one yet) when you have 2 int and 2 str heroes has been really effective for gearing everyone up quickly and to beat the RNG for stuff like SOJ or thundergod/hellcat etc

My and the other guy have been playing together since the start of ros and it's starting to feel like the other two are just using us for boosts , it's a shame because we've had a good thing going
Playing for weeks without moving up a torment level or improving clear time much gets really disheartening

2 of the people I always play with are doing nothing but create alts and gearing them for t1-2 then moving on to the next one... all the while me and a friend are carrying them through t2 runs

it's starting to get annoying now because we are both geared enough to clear t3 rifts (and they would have been too if they stuck to their main for longer than a few days) in about 6-9 minutes when we play as two depending on density but because of the other two we are still stuck running t2
Getting rather tired of sharing our best drops with their "new mains" (2 good roll thunderfuries, perfect andariels, a bunch of set pieces etc) only for them to abandon those chars a few days later
sharing all the loot (e.g give away a decent upgrade thunderfury because the other person doesn't have one yet) when you have 2 int and 2 str heroes has been really effective for gearing everyone up quickly

My and the other guy have been playing together since the start of ros and it's starting to feel like the other two are just using us for boosts
Playing for weeks without moving up a torment level or improving clear time much gets really disheartening

That really sucks and does not sound fun at all. I would tell those other guys to either pick a character and stick with it so you can make progress or just don't play with them anymore :\.

Realyn

Getting rather tired of sharing our best drops with their "new mains" (2 good roll thunderfuries,almost perfect fire andariels, a bunch of set pieces etc) only for them to abandon those chars a few days later
sharing all the loot (e.g give away a decent upgrade thunderfury because the other person doesn't have one yet) when you have 2 int and 2 str heroes has been really effective for gearing everyone up quickly

My and the other guy have been playing together since the start of ros and it's starting to feel like the other two are just using us for boosts
So ... talk with them about it instead of bitching on a internet forum? Really ...

So ... talk to them about it instead of bitching on a internet forum? Really ...

beats bitching about someone bitching doesn't it? Just wanted to vent and maybe get some feedback
I have told them that if they'd stick to one char we'd actually get out of the challengless t2 ghetto but it doesn't register

Btw some perspective: It's not like we don't do tons of boosting aside from our regular runs anyhow btw, we do tons of t6 hellrifts for boosting alts to 70 (we as in me and the other guy) and make time to do t2 runs to gear alts
it's not like we are playing like tryhards to get up in some rankings or world firsts

ElyrionX

Cleared 6 rifts today. All I found were 2 Staffs and 1 Two-Handed Axe.

RNGesus plz

Edit: They were all T4 rifts too. I think I'm going to need to sacrifice a goat or something tonight. Oh wait. There was a Mage Fist too. But I already have three of those, including a trifecta one so meh.

Realyn

NlAitYI.jpg

Fuck yes! Finally.
beats bitching about someone bitching doesn't it? Just wanted to vent and maybe get some feedback
I have told them that if they'd stick to one char we'd actually get out of the challengless t2 ghetto but it doesn't register

Btw some perspective: It's not like we don't do tons of boosting aside from our regular runs anyhow btw, we do tons of t6 hellrifts for boosting alts to 70 (we as in me and the other guy) and make time to do t2 runs to gear alts
it's not like we are playing like tryhards to get up in some rankings or world firsts

I just don't understand what you want to hear.

Man, those other two guys are still actual human beings you are dealing with. Talk with them and if you have a different take on the game stop playing with each other. Besides, you are making it sound like they are doing something bad/wrong with twinking. Maybe they are fine with doing nothing above T2?

All thanks to those match making features. And I'm not only talking about D3 here but in general.

Dahbomb

I don't get why people obsess over boring legendaries like Cindercoat or Magefist. All they do is make your existing skills deal more damage. It's not like they change your skills in any way that would make them more interesting or even different to play. Items such as Mirrorball, Wand of Woh and Kridershot or the class sets are so much better.
Magefist is a 5 primary stat glove with Fire damage that does not come on any other glove. It's best in slot for every fire build in the game.

Cindercoat has a fire damage affix ON TOP of a very powerful 20% resource cost reduction to fire skills. Another item that is best in slot for fire builds.

They may not be the most exciting Legendaries but they are the best of the best Fire items in the game and thus are necessary components in Fire builds.

Btw have any of you tried much staggered farming for mats/mathael/hellrifts etc?

splitting mathael farming between story and adventure mode has made it a lot less painful (double the farming speed) , same goes for hellrifts staggered farming (both clear seperately, take turns in getting the double reward)

Hellrifts and aughild mats make a good combination as well

ElyrionX

Magefist is a 5 primary stat glove with Fire damage that does not come on any other glove. It's best in slot for every fire build in the game.

Cindercoat has a fire damage affix ON TOP of a very powerful 20% resource cost reduction to fire skills. Another item that is best in slot for fire builds.

They may not be the most exciting Legendaries but they are the best of the best Fire items in the game and thus are necessary components in Fire builds.

I get why they are sought after. I'm just saying that they are pretty boring legendaries, that's all.

Nokterian

I still find it so hard to believe that one of the most common trash legendaries pre-RoS is now one of the best. If only I could have magically turned all my old ones into new ones..

I am melting elites and trash on T1 at ease with this because using the passive Fetish Sycopaths with Burning Dogs and Gargantuan fire ruin i have a small army of infinite fetishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom