• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mileS

WD only bonus that can't be rerolled.

I think this is the second time you've posted that lol. Where are you getting your information from?

The WD skill bonus can be rerolled to sockets. I've done it multiple times.

Lain, not sure why you would be upset with that Cindercoat.. You reroll the WD skill bonus to 3 sockets. You'll learn that any chest armor without 3 sockets is basically trash. Not even worth considering. You reroll whatever you can to get 3 sockets. Always.

Tom Penny

I've been getting aggravated. I haven' got an upgrade in a while for my monk and looking at their set items..they are laughable . I'm getting closer and closer to just making a new character. Probably a DH since I'm a Cindercoat away from having alot of swappable Fire gear although I'm lightning now.

eek5

Yeah. You can't dual wield any set item as they are considered legendaries.

I'm in the same boat. In my search for a Cindercoat, I've found 10 legendary chests so far. 3 of them for DH (Garwulf, Blackfeather, Cloak of the Dark Knight). A few repeats as well. I love the Garwulf though. The only way I'm replacing that is if I get a Cindercoat OR a few more pieces from Natalya's set. I have the chest but that by itself is not better than Garwulf.

That said, the pair of set 1H xbos for DH is amazing. You can vault ALL DAY LONG. The stun is also really useful.

Supposedly getting cinderoat on monk for DEX class is easier because you narrow the pool to just chests instead of chests+cloaks.

With that said I've been unable to get a dex cindercoat so who knows lol

I've been getting aggravated. I haven' got an upgrade in a while for my monk and looking at their set items..they are laughable . I'm getting closer and closer to just making a new character. Probably a DH since I'm a Cindercoat away from having alot of swappable Fire gear although I'm lightning now.

Honestly, I would switch. I did it and I don't regret it at all. Monk doesn't have a good place and the longer you stay with it the further you'll fall behind. A week or two ago people were barely doing T1 rift runs now everyone wants to do T2/T3. Two weeks from now people will be pushing T4/5 and you'll be struggling to roll the right secondary res pieces to even survive that shit. Fuck that man.

Monk stinks for soloing too. My t1 clear times w/ monk are as fast as my t3 clear times with WD. LOL

What's sad is I'm putting out WAY more sustained DPS and have better survivability than my monk and outside of ~3 items all my stuff on WD is crafted (and EASY to get mats to boot). Fuck monks man!

I feel the need to vent after this weekend. Normally I am not one to complain about drops and RNG -- I feel I've been rather fortunate in my luck to this point. But, holy hell, this weekend was abysmal. Hours and hours farming T3 rifts on Saturday with nothing but forgotten souls to show for it. I must have gotten 3 starfire wands, endless 2H staffs and even more useless maces and axes. Not to mention the 4 horribly rolled amulets that don't even touch the rare I'm currently wearing. I'm SO close to the 4 piece Tal Rasha bonus and Vyrs bonus...but alas. Oh and the ONE piece of Tal Rash that did drop was the helm, which I already have. Naturally.

Supposedly getting cinderoat on monk for DEX class is easier because you narrow the pool to just chests instead of chests+cloaks.

Is it possible for Cindercoat to spawn with DH specific secondaries (I ask because my Stone of Jordan has +10 discipline)? If so, I'd want to stick with doing that on my DH. Otherwise maybe I'll just switch to my monk when spending shards on armor.

Honestly, I would switch. I did it and I don't regret it at all. Monk doesn't have a good place and the longer you stay with it the further you'll fall behind. A week or two ago people were barely doing T1 rift runs now everyone wants to do T2/T3. Two weeks from now people will be pushing T4/5 and you'll be struggling to roll the right secondary res pieces to even survive that shit. Fuck that man.

Monk stinks for soloing too. My t1 clear times w/ monk are as fast as my t3 clear times with WD. LOL

What's sad is I'm putting out WAY more sustained DPS and have better survivability than my monk and outside of ~3 items all my stuff on WD is crafted (and EASY to get mats to boot). Fuck monks man!

could you link your profile? I have about 30 souls to burn (and nothing to burn them on on my barb) and I think every recipe in the game
I'm curious what gear and spec your WD uses, I'm using the fire/pet spec I saw on diablo fans atm but since it needs the jeram helmet, magefist etc and I'm not willing to use blood shards on my WD I'll doubt i'll get those items any time soon
Being able to farm some gear on my barb for my WD would be a nice distraction from endless rift runs

Dahbomb

Eek I feel you on the Monk pain man.

Monk in groups is mostly a support class.

I rolled a DH not too long ago to try to get Andariels via gambling (because Monk has way too many Spirit Stones competing in that slot) and to do Bounties quicker. Well even with average DH gear I was performing much better than the Monk... faster and more hard hitting. I will probably only go back to Monk once I have crafted some pieces for him.

I don't get why people obsess over boring legendaries like Cindercoat or Magefist. All they do is make your existing skills deal more damage.

Well... the reduction in cost of fire spells is actually huge. Almost a game-changer for fire builds. I agree that it's not the same as dropping a kridershot or mirrorball, but it's still one of the most exciting chest armors in the game. Though I'm not too familiar with all of them.

Magefists really bother me though. When you combine this with Cindercoat, fire becomes the most attractive element in the game.

I think every element should have a 5 affix item like that. I don't care if its for different slots. 5 affix bracers with cold dmg, for example. Or 5 affix pants with lightning.

Well after 300 Rifts the item I've been wanting more than any other finally dropped... MAXIMUS!!! Too bad the rolls are all on the lower end :(. It did get a +19% fire roll, but the damage and strength are both min almost.

Oh well, glad to finally have it, and the fire chains are awesome.
n4jeM8h.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
When you guys do rifts are you just killing the boss then leave or clear the whole dungeon?

Tom Penny

Well I can do T4 group with no issues but T5 with any effectiveness seems impossible with their DPS limitations which don't seem like they will be addressed.

Duress

I found a legendary potion! It's the one for heal for kills. I can vendor all my potions, not that I wasn't vendoring them before...

I clear the whole dungeon unless it has terrible density.

This.

I don't do a lot of split farming for caches\keys, so my keys are very precious to me. I get the most out of them. The most attractive aspect of rifts, to me, is the higher drop rate. Not the boss (I rarely get legs from the boss).

Shifty76

Well I can do T4 group with no issues but T5 with any effectiveness seems impossible with their DPS limitations which don't seem like they will be addressed.

going to have to try some t5 rifts with my regular monk group. We clear t4 rifts in under 10 mins, really only slowed by light monster density. Can't imagine that t5 would be too difficult.

Tom Penny

going to have to try some t5 rifts with my regular monk group. We clear t4 rifts in under 10 mins, really only slowed by light monster density. Can't imagine that t5 would be too difficult.

I'd be interested to see if any of you can solo T5 fast. I've never played with 3 other monks at the same time so I'm not sure how that works. I know I'm certainly not the heavy hitter..Its' the witch doctor's, wiz and DH doing the heavy lifting once enemies are tagged with EP.

Rocking Cain's set bonus along with 3 peice Zunimassa's set bonus. I tried the 4th set bonus, fetish army last until they die, but I was pretty underwhelmed by it. Didn't seem worth it. For some reason I thought it'd work with fetish sycophants as well.

However, I also found Jade's boots and armor. Sooooo hopefully I can get more of that set.

I still feel like I'm at a soft gear wall. Not sure where else to go from here. I wouldn't mind a new weapon with a nice proc on it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KINGofCRA5H-1868/hero/42079326

Discobird

Is it possible for Cindercoat to spawn with DH specific secondaries (I ask because my Stone of Jordan has +10 discipline)? If so, I'd want to stick with doing that on my DH. Otherwise maybe I'll just switch to my monk when spending shards on armor.

No, Cindercoat doesn't spawn with +discipline since it's a chest armor, not a cloak, and chest armor wouldn't spawn with +discipline unless it was a fixed legendary affix, which it is not in the case of Cindercoat.

SOJ is special since it has class-specific secondaries as a fixed roll. Same with Manald Heal.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I clear the whole dungeon unless it has terrible density.

This.

I don't do a lot of split farming for caches\keys, so my keys are very precious to me. I get the most out of them. The most attractive aspect of rifts, to me, is the higher drop rate. Not the boss (I rarely get legs from the boss).

Yup. I've gotten plenty of legendaries post guardian kill. Certainly more than I've gotten from that bitch Kadala.

Yeah same here. That's why i hate to play with randoms. After we kill the rift boss they just port back to town and close the fucking rift.

I kinda prefer to play solo, i'm also faster that way.

ferr

Magefists really bother me though. When you combine this with Cindercoat, fire becomes the most attractive element in the game.

I think every element should have a 5 affix item like that. I don't care if its for different slots. 5 affix bracers with cold dmg, for example. Or 5 affix pants with lightning.

Totally agree with this. For DH, there's basically two or three builds right now that are viable at high torments.. pure CA, CA with Zoo, and Kridershot (with CA). Everything else is cheesing bugs and exploiting, like the unity bug and infinite SS.

It's mostly Cindercoat's fault. For lightning, TGod can "replace" magefist. Frostburn can replace magefist for cold. Tasker can pump zoo.

StMeph

It's kind of sad that I recognize all of the legendaries' silhouettes from posts in here, so I can immediately ID the item and see if my new drop is garbage or not.

It's garbage.

Tom Penny

Here's Schmii running T5. Seems reasonably quick to me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R5YhUct7qJ4

Interesting. Well I'd like to roll with more monks so add BenN1ce#1430 if you want.

Do you know if he was lightning or fire?

Is he's using impeding doom EP I can't read it? Does fire skill stack on that? I tend to use the 1st rune which is 20% additional damage but maybe solo that is dumb?

Forget my EP questions...figured it out.

desverger

The good news is that I finally had a Fate of the Fell to drop for me.

The bad news is that I've spent more than 30 souls trying to roll a socket on the damn thing. How difficult can it be? What an incredibly frustrating experience.

Raven77

I feel the need to vent after this weekend. Normally I am not one to complain about drops and RNG -- I feel I've been rather fortunate in my luck to this point. But, holy hell, this weekend was abysmal. Hours and hours farming T3 rifts on Saturday with nothing but forgotten souls to show for it. I must have gotten 3 starfire wands, endless 2H staffs and even more useless maces and axes. Not to mention the 4 horribly rolled amulets that don't even touch the rare I'm currently wearing. I'm SO close to the 4 piece Tal Rasha bonus and Vyrs bonus...but alas. Oh and the ONE piece of Tal Rash that did drop was the helm, which I already have. Naturally.

I'm not sure if they changed something this weekend but I ran 6 torment 3 rifts, got 1 legendary plan and 1 soul. Everyone I was running with in this public game were complaining, some of them got nothing across 6 straight rifts. Talked to some people I know who play, they also ran lots of torment 3+ rifts and got very little, if anything.

Same situation Saturday night. Ran probably 8 torment 3 rifts, got one set ring and 2 forgotten souls. Same thing, people in public games asking what happened and why they weren't getting anything.

ElyrionX

I'm not sure if they changed something this weekend but I ran 6 torment 3 rifts, got 1 legendary plan and 1 soul. Everyone I was running with in this public game were complaining, some of them got nothing across 6 straight rifts. Talked to some people I know who play, they also ran lots of torment 3+ rifts and got very little, if anything.

Same situation Saturday night. Ran probably 8 torment 3 rifts, got one set ring and 2 forgotten souls. Same thing, people in public games asking what happened and why they weren't getting anything.

Yep. My drop rate has been inching below 1 per rift since the weekend.

The good news is that I finally had a Fate of the Fell to drop for me.

The bad news is that I've spent more than 30 souls trying to roll a socket on the damn thing. How difficult can it be? What an incredibly frustrating experience.
This. Rare is there a more frustrating mechanic in a game as trying to roll a specific thing and not getting it in a reasonable amount of rolls.

BrettWeir

Ran 11 rifts this morning, 1 leg, 1 soul.

scy

Meanwhile, we've pushed T4 rifts down to ~8-10 minutes and still getting 1.5-2+ total drops across the party per rift. That said, we're also talking about over the course of like 50 rifts where the average holds out / is kept in check with the occasional 5-6+ drop run. Streaks are streaks, unfortunately. Both the positive and negative ones.

This. Rare is there a more frustrating mechanic in a game as trying to roll a specific thing and not getting it in a reasonable amount of rolls.

I'm up to ~4M per reroll on my Blade of Prophecy. I will get this fucking thing to 1700+ Holy damage.

idlewild_

This.

If you are doing the rift solo you can use the 'rift it forward' community to get free rift opens. Just invite people once the rift boss has spawned, kill him, and one of the people you invited will open a new rift for you. I usually do this when I want to do some rifts but don't really feel like doing it in a group.

Raven77

Meanwhile, we've pushed T4 rifts down to ~8-10 minutes and still getting 1.5-2+ total drops across the party per rift. That said, we're also talking about over the course of like 50 rifts where the average holds out / is kept in check with the occasional 5-6+ drop run. Streaks are streaks, unfortunately. Both the positive and negative ones.

Putting on my tinfoil hat again. I am convinced that their are other factors besides "RNG" that determine drop rates on legendaries.

desverger

I believe this is just a case of the game not regulating the rolls at all. If there is a 5% chance for something to happen, in average I should be getting the result I want in 5 times out of 100, or 1 time out of 20.

Now what if I don't get the result I want in, lets say, 40 tries? There is still a statistical possiblity to this - around 0,25%, but the game still treats the next roll as an individual roll, so you are just as boned :p

Shifty76

Interesting. Well I'd like to roll with more monks so add BenN1ce#1430 if you want.

Do you know if he was lightning or fire?

Is he's using impeding doom EP I can't read it? Does fire skill stack on that? I tend to use the 1st rune which is 20% additional damage but maybe solo that is dumb?

Forget my EP questions...figured it out.

Pretty sure he's lightning. Strong Spirit rune on EP.

Here's his profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Schmii-1592/hero/17663041

Will add you when I get home if I'm not busy renovating. Or you can add me: shifty76#1953

Miletius

Progress on my Monk: CDR to 45 percent. Hoping for 2p Born's + shoulders to get it even higher. Then just run around with TR + Epip Inner Fire being up more than 50 percent of the time.

Still would like Cindercoat + Magefists to get more damage after that, but it's looking pretty good so far. Comfortable in T2 right now, would like to push the boundaries a bit but T3 is still very slow for me. In groups I feel kind of like a bit of a drag still, I'm very good at clearing stuff out, but bosses still feel a bit slow.

scy

T4? #WellDamn

I like getting carried by real classes.

Putting on my tinfoil hat again. I am convinced that their are other factors besides "RNG" that determine drop rates on legendaries.

Well, there's time since last drop. The only "conspiracy" I'm in line with is that the weighted drop-chance from the safety net decays rather than suddenly zeros out. Besides that, it just feels like random chance, though it does feel more likely that you're waiting for a safety net drop than a regular drop (just due to the time difference) but there's literally no way for me to determine that as an outsider just observing.

So that ultimately said and concluded with nothing. Hooray me.

Raven77

I believe this is just a case of the game not regulating the rolls at all. If there is a 5% chance for something to happen, in average I should be getting the result I want in 5 times out of 100, or 1 time out of 20.

Now what if I don't get the result I want in, lets say, 40 tries? There is still a statistical possiblity to this - around 0,25%, but the game still treats the next roll as an individual roll, so you are just as boned :p

The game most definitely regulates the rolls.

I cannot tell you how many times it rolls the same stat change twice. Vitality-Vitality. Do you know the odds of that happening on a list with 20 variables?

Boogdud

Ran 11 rifts this morning, 1 leg, 1 soul.

I have this happen all the stinking time. I love it when people tell me how it's impossible. I'm talking full clears, solo, going 4-5 hour stretches and getting nothing.

The game most definitely regulates the rolls.

I cannot tell you how many times it rolls the same stat change twice. Vitality-Vitality. Do you know the odds of that happening on a list with 20 variables?

I've had triple rolls on a stat/property several times.

chance of area damage - 15%
chance of area damage - 12%
chance of area damage - 15%

THANKS

eek5

could you link your profile? I have about 30 souls to burn (and nothing to burn them on on my barb) and I think every recipe in the game
I'm curious what gear and spec your WD uses, I'm using the fire/pet spec I saw on diablo fans atm but since it needs the jeram helmet, magefist etc and I'm not willing to use blood shards on my WD I'll doubt i'll get those items any time soon
Being able to farm some gear on my barb for my WD would be a nice distraction from endless rift runs

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

Jeram and Tasker helps but my friend only has Jeram and he is doing T3/4. Without either you can probably do T1-2 with no issues. There are a lot of WD builds you can do.

Pets is probably the least gear dependent build to start with because you can channel vampire bats forever without any gear which will spawn a lot of fetishes. You really only need to ideally hit a 2.01 aps to be in business.

I'd probably gamble some helms though. There are several build defining helms for WD and it seems like they show up a lot more often than other slots like gloves from Kadala.

If you want to try other builds, RoE is really good to start mana "dumping". Dumping in quotes because once you build stacks of RoE you basically have unlimited mana.

You can run a really good support role too. If you get the helm w/ root+fear on horrify you can basically lock down most elites/groups. Just pirahnado them in and then horrify them and they'll be stuck for your team to kill. Completely shits on CS and has better uptime.

DoT builds probably aren't that great until you get full Jade harvester. I haven't messed w/ them at all.

Somax

Today is shaping up to be a good day.

Started doing rift it forward runs, dropped a Mara's kaleidoskope and some souls.
Then I started gambling with kadala and, after wasting a full stack of shards, I tried again and obtained a triumvirate, a mirkun's ball of hate and a chantodo's will in the same inventory.
Then I ran a t4 rift with some friends, dropped a tal rasha helm, a blackthorne belt and, after finishing the rift, gambled with kadala and got another triumvirate and a good chantodo's will.

Rng gonna rng, all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom