• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Suggestions for gear? Besides the obvious get better versions of the stuff I already have.

Have you thought about getting a Sankis? It's basically the same weapon as the Devastator except it has a secondary that procs some sort of ignore pain like effect. Your Devastator is really good though so it'd be hard to get a Sankis as good.

Dahbomb

As far as tin foil hat goes here's stuff that I can agree with:

*Thr safety net Legendary find bonus doesn't instantly drop to base level after finding a Legendary. It slowly goes down after you find a Legendary and during this time you can get a streak of Legendaries. This is normally what is causing the streaky nature of drops (drought for a period of time then get like 4-5 in one Rift).

*Legendaries are tiered in terms of rarity. Some Legendaries are rarer than others. Class sets are among the rarest.

*Enchant affixes are weighted. Far higher chance of getting main stat or Vit on an item than crit/socket etc. Some stats like Elite damage reduction on Chest pieces or Elite damage on weapons are also rarer than others.

*There's a rested Legendary bonus where if you come back after a certain time of not playing you will get a Legendary very quickly as soon as you log in. No idea if this is the safety net at work or not.

Unbuffed Stats:
Capture_zpse2ecadfb.png

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/badb0y-1355/hero/24513183

Suggestions for gear? Besides the obvious get better versions of the stuff I already have.

lol, there's not much you can do. I'm pretty close right up there with you in my situation and all I need are set pieces to drop which is kinda depressing trying to actually farm as it's straight up nothing but blackthornes and one day 3 jade harevester chestpiece dropped... then nothing for a week.

iQH1zo0.jpg

ferr

Is it true that a dev/blue said something along the lines of "we want you to feel like you're breaking the game" in regard to "upgrading" your char at very high levels?

With that mindset, could it be possible that the unity follower bug isn't actually a bug? Maybe even the Pride's Fall bug associated with it? I mean don't they usually hotfix game breaking bugs like this in like 12 hours?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got a Stone of Jordan while leveling up my Demon Hunter last night. Level 61...

It's still pretty damn good.

I'm not sure if they changed something this weekend but I ran 6 torment 3 rifts, got 1 legendary plan and 1 soul. Everyone I was running with in this public game were complaining, some of them got nothing across 6 straight rifts. Talked to some people I know who play, they also ran lots of torment 3+ rifts and got very little, if anything.

Same situation Saturday night. Ran probably 8 torment 3 rifts, got one set ring and 2 forgotten souls. Same thing, people in public games asking what happened and why they weren't getting anything.
Pretty sure this is a case of RNG. I had a great weekend, myself, and when do people in pub games NOT complain about drops?

I doubt Blizz is gonna silently stealth nerf drops, as much as everyone loves to jump to that conclusion when they have bad days.

scy

*Enchant affixes are weighted. Far higher chance of getting main stat or Vit on an item than crit/socket etc. Some like Elite damage reduction on Chest pieces or Elite damage on weapons are also rarer than others.

To be fair, I don't actually think "Enchanting" itself has them weighted. I think it's just the normal drop chance for those affixes.

*There's a rested Legendary bonus where if you come back after a certain time of not playing you will get a Legendary very quickly as soon as you log in. No idea if this is the safety net at work or not.

I've never actually experienced the "just logged in so got a drop~~~" luck.

Is it true that a dev/blue said something along the lines of "we want you to feel like you're breaking the game" in regard to "upgrading" your char at very high levels?

With that mindset, could it be possible that the unity follower bug isn't actually a bug? Maybe even the Pride's Fall bug associated with it? I mean don't they usually hotfix game breaking bugs like this in like 12 hours?

It could be a harder to fix bug but I'd like to think Unity is intended like this since it's pretty awful for regular group play otherwise. Pride's Fall feels like something unintentional.

And I get the feeling I need to break the game just to actually get an upgrade at this point. What's left for my Crusder is basically the "breaking the game" sort of drops: Moving away from gearing damage bonuses and gearing skill altering stuff. Or, basically, perma-AC when.

That seems absolutely broken to me. Pride's Fall is a permanent 30% reduced cost for ALL spells. The fact that they havent fixed this baffles me. Too bad the only pride's fall I have is on my wizard, and I've only ever dropped 1 unity.

Discobird

Totally agree with this. For DH, there's basically two or three builds right now that are viable at high torments.. pure CA, CA with Zoo, and Kridershot (with CA). Everything else is cheesing bugs and exploiting, like the unity bug and infinite SS.

It's mostly Cindercoat's fault. For lightning, TGod can "replace" magefist. Frostburn can replace magefist for cold. Tasker can pump zoo.

Physical zoo with something like Chakram - Razor Disk instead of CA also works fine for higher torment I hear. I don't have the gear to try it yet.

I don't really get the love for Kridershot in a CA:LFB build since any time you spend shooting elemental arrow instead of CA is wasted in that build. If all you care about is applying the slow for Cull the Weak, Entangling Shot arguably works better since the slow from FA only lasts for a second. And in any case, the time you spend applying a slow is also usually better spent firing more CAs...

I could see Kridershot working in a lightning build with CA:DA but I don't have the gear to try that myself either.

Dahbomb

Yea I do think normal loot drop affixes are weighted which translates to Enchanting affixes and crafting too. It's all under the same umbrella of itemization and RNG. It's just that when you are Enchanting you take more notice of it when every roll is costing you a Soul, craft mats and Gems/Gold.

garath

Physical zoo with something like Chakram - Razor Disk instead of CA also works fine for higher torment I hear. I don't have the gear to try it yet.

I don't really get the love for Kridershot in a CA:LFB build since any time you spend shooting elemental arrow instead of CA is wasted in that build. If all you care about is applying the slow for Cull the Weak, Entangling Shot arguably works better since the slow from FA only lasts for a second. And in any case, the time you spend applying a slow is also usually better spent firing more CAs...

I could see Kridershot working in a lightning build with CA:DA but I don't have the gear to try that myself either.

Because wrath. You're going to run out. Especially if you aren't decked out with ideal CA gear (cindercoat, reaper's wraps, magefist, pride's fall, etc). Frost arrow is much more effective than Entangling shot from a dps perspective.

Dahbomb

I would much rather have the Crit damage bonus and extra base damage from Manticore (along with CHD bonus from using Xbow passive) than having Kridershot buff my Primary stat. For a CA build of course.

taybul

If you are doing the rift solo you can use the 'rift it forward' community to get free rift opens. Just invite people once the rift boss has spawned, kill him, and one of the people you invited will open a new rift for you. I usually do this when I want to do some rifts but don't really feel like doing it in a group.

So as someone who isn't sitting on a mountain of rift keys does this mean I can essentially clear rifts up to the guardian, invite some people, we all kill the guardian, someone opens a new rift and clear that one solo, rinse, repeat, all for the low-low cost of opening the initial rift?

I just found out about this today and want to try it later but what's the expected etiquette? After you and your group kill the guardian and a new rift is opened, does everyone leave?

scy

Dual 1H Bows for the CHD% and Hatred Generation should probably outweigh it still in the end. Unless you're coasting on Reaper's Wraps the entire way through to cut out the primary use in general.

ferr

Because wrath. You're going to run out. Especially if you aren't decked out with ideal CA gear (cindercoat, reaper's wraps, magefist, pride's fall, etc). Frost arrow is much more effective than Entangling shot from a dps perspective.

Or it could just be that having FA as a generator trumps using CA:LFB at all. I had a KS at 60 and ended up spamming FA/FoK (with Sash of Knives and some FoK dmg on my shoulders). I still had CA on click, but I found myself never using it. I wasn't decked out in fire/CA back then so I can't call it a proper test by any means.

garath

I've still be using a quiver in the offhand for the crit chance. Having that additional 8-10% is pretty big. Maybe if I get the 1h set or maybe if I get reaper's wraps and cindercoat rolling I can abandon the blood vengeance passive and pick up archery for the 5% crit chance.

Discobird

Hmm, I assumed anyone looking to use a Krider with CA:LFB will already have the important CA:LFB items since the Krider is so much rarer but I guess that isn't necessarily the case. That's true. If I had a Krider but lacked the items you listed I would probably just use a cold or lightning build though.

If you do have the Cindercoat, Pride's Fall and Reaper's Wraps you shouldn't really be spending too much time firing your generator. I can fire 35-40 CA's in a row before emptying both globes with these items and no legacy flat cost reduction gear. If I shoot that many CAs before finding a health globe to refill then I'm probably in the wrong party / Torment, heh.

I'm not saying I never need to shoot my generator, but I wouldn't switch to a Krider just to make my generator better. When I shoot my generator it tends to be because I had to run away to heal and the enemies are offscreen attacking my party mates. Better to spend the time generating hatred than sitting around doing nothing or wasting hatred on blind CAs in that situation.

ferr

I've still be using a quiver in the offhand for the crit chance. Having that additional 8-10% is pretty big. Maybe if I get the 1h set or maybe if I get reaper's wraps and cindercoat rolling I can abandon the blood vengeance passive and pick up archery for the 5% crit chance.

I am thinking of switching in quiver for the same reason. But that 130% CHD is a lot to lose and the rule of thumb is 1:10 for CC:CHD anyway.. so adding more CC and losing CHD probably won't work out.

RPGCrazied

Ugh. The Butcher on Torment 1 is really frustrating. Not so bad until halfway into the fight, then the flames from the floor pretty much are constant on all grates. I guess my DPS isn't good enough.

Dahbomb

Dual 1H Bows for the CHD% and Hatred Generation should probably outweigh it still in the end. Unless you're coasting on Reaper's Wraps the entire way through to cut out the primary use in general.
This is some debate over what's better for CA... Dual wield or Manticore plus Quiver combo.

Here's the breakdown:

Manticore + Quiver

Attack speed from Quiver (not that relevant for CA)
10% Crit chance from Quiver
15% Cluster Arrow damage from Quiver
50% Crit hit damage bonus from Archery
36% Crit hit damage bonus from Manticore plus one socketed Emerald gem (50% + 36% + 130% = 216% total CHD)
Higher base damage from Manticore (slower speed but not relevant for CA)
Legendary affix from Quiver (like Flint Quivers reducing CA cost by 3)

Dual wield Xbow:

Attack speed bonus from dual wielding (not relevant in CA)
5% crit chance from Archery bonus plus 1 Hatred per second
Double crit hit damage bonus from gems (260% total crit hit damage)
Higher attack speed overall, lower base damage per weapon
Legendary affixes of dual Xbow (stuff like Calamity triggering Mark of Death)

I don't think it's a clear cut answer for this.

garath

Hmm, I assumed anyone looking to use a Krider with CA:LFB will already have the important CA:LFB items since the Krider is so much rarer but I guess that isn't necessarily the case. That's true. If I had a Krider but lacked the items you listed I would probably just use a cold or lightning build though.

If you do have the Cindercoat, Pride's Fall and Reaper's Wraps you shouldn't really be spending too much time firing your generator though. I can fire 35-40 CA's in a row before emptying both globes with these items and no legacy flat cost reduction gear. If I shoot that many CAs before finding a health globe to refill then I'm probably in the wrong party / Torment, heh.

I'm not saying I never need to shoot my generator, but I wouldn't switch to a Krider just to make my generator better. When I shoot my generator it tends to be because I had to run away to heal and the enemies are offscreen attacking my party mates. Better to spend the time generating hatred than sitting around doing nothing or wasting hatred on blind CAs in that situation.

Yeah. With the right gear I wouldn't use a Krindershot with a CA build at all. But lacking those resource reducers, it's a little more of a struggle. I don't have a cindercoat, pride's fall or reaper's wraps so far. Just the resource reducers from shoulders and paragon and I can generally empty wrath and discipline with about 20 CAs. It's a good T2 level. Some elites take longer and I'm chunking with entangling shot after unloading.

I am thinking of switching in quiver for the same reason. But that 130% CHD is a lot to lose and the rule of thumb is 1:10 for CC:CHD anyway.. so adding more CC and losing CHD probably won't work out.

Somehow I still have over 400% crit damage even with the quiver (web site says 344 but I know it's over 400 in game.. I'll have to figure out why they disagree). I've tried the 2nd 1h before and the dps is almost even. Could be I just need the right second 1h. Quiver also brings % damage, attack speed, big dex/vit numbers and usually +max discipline as well though.

taybul

I was in the DW camp until a pretty good Dead Man's dropped. I replaced the CHD from my offhand xbow with Vit, CHC, and an enchanted +CA skill from the quiver (both had +AS so no real loss there). I think it's a pretty nice trade-off.

I think DW benefits those who already have +CHC in every other slot possible or >50% crit overall.

This is some debate over what's better for CA... Dual wield or Manticore plus Quiver combo.

Here's the breakdown:

Manticore + Quiver

36% Crit hit damage bonus from Manticore plus one socketed Emerald gem (50% + 36% + 130% = 216% total CHD)

Where is that +36% CHD coming from? I didn't think Manti's could roll CHD.

eek5

I just found out about this today and want to try it later but what's the expected etiquette? After you and your group kill the guardian and a new rift is opened, does everyone leave?

Runners
Clear up to guardian or close to it. You can damage the guardian if you want but this is unnecessary unless you're running T5/6 and worried about ability of leechers. Note that damaging guardian on lower torments might be a bad idea because a leecher might spawn in and accidentally kill it before other people can get a chance to get loot.

Broadcast that you have guardian. An example that has worked well for me is "T# guardian - X spots open - need opener".

One thing you can do to get instant opens is say something like "first to open gets invite to next rift" or "first/last to join opens" or "highest paragon opens". Setting this up prevents the standoff that happens after rift is closed since someone is 100% responsible.

You can run rifts w/ people and get openers. I find duo is the best but running in groups of 3 is also possible. If you do this people will always open immediately but your broadcast should be something like "T# guardian - 1 spot - must open" so that they are clear on what they're getting into. when you do this I've found it is helpful if you get someone that opens to msg them and ask if they want to get invited to the next one. Now you got a leecher that you know will open your rift for your party.

TIP: If people leave or seem like they HIDE too much block communications with them and they can't request invites from you anymore. I'll often decline invites from people if they've joined too many of my games w/o opening to give other people a chance.

TIP: If the guardian spawns on a good map like prison or cemetery I always clear around the guardian before inviting. You can also ask people that are going to open if they want to clear a good map after they kill guardian before they open. Usually people are OK with this.

Leecher
You want to join the multirift community as well as RIF to leech. I don't like multirift for running because opening the next portal is implied not a requirement (although it seems like people mostly open anyway).

BE PREPARED TO OPEN. If you don't have any keys don't join games, period.

Basically you want to watch chat and hover over the last line w/ names. Wait for someone to call out and right click then REQ inv. If you notice the option shows up but goes grey real fast it's a glitch in the UI. This means they're busy so that they can't get requests. In this case click their name and just say "invite please". I've found that getting invites into multirift is way easier.

Etiquette inside rift:
Port to party leader
Wait for everyone to load into the rift
Kill guardian
Let party leader close rift
Wait for countdown to drop down
Open Rift (or let someone open it. I usually open every other rift but it isn't uncommon to open like 5 in a row)
Leave game immediately

For multirift you can ask if they want an open since it is only implied, not required.

NEVER leave a game until portal is open in RIF community, even if someone else says they're going to open.

Dahbomb

Manticore rolls 36% CHD standard as a primary affix. That's its Legendary ability I guess.

It also comes standard with Dex and socket so its pretty easy to get good damage roll on it. Really nice for CA.

Lokbob

Here's the breakdown:

Manticore + Quiver

Dual wield Xbow:

Attack speed bonus from dual wielding (not relevant in CA)
5% crit chance from Archery bonus plus 1 Hatred per second
Double crit hit damage bonus from gems (260% total crit hit damage)
Higher attack speed overall, lower base damage per weapon
Legendary affixes of dual Xbow (stuff like Calamity triggering Mark of Death)

I don't think it's a clear cut answer for this.

Good breakdown. Personally I feel like a Archfiend Quiver with 15% Clusterdamage and 8% Elite damage outweighs the benefits of a second crossbow.
1h+Quiver is a pretty good aswell, doesn't even have to be a 2hander.

Dahbomb

Good breakdown. Personally I feel like a Archfiend Quiver with 15% Clusterdamage and 8% Elite damage outweighs the benefits of a second crossbow.
1h+Quiver is a pretty good aswell, doesn't even have to be a 2hander.
A Manticore gives you some base CHD plus the 50% Archery bonus.

Difference between 1H Quiver and Manticore Quiver is that you are trading about 86% CHD and higher base damage for 5% crit chance and higher attack speed.

ferr

A Manticore gives you some base CHD plus the 50% Archery bonus.

Difference between 1H Quiver and Manticore Quiver is that you are trading about 86% CHD and higher base damage for 5% crit chance and higher attack speed.

I'm not sure that all the extra AS isn't relevant to CA when you can use DW xbows with ES:JIS to regen your entire hatred pool in less time than with a slow 2h xbow.

I'll take fun over absolute efficiency. And Dual Danetta's is super fun. It's going to take a lot to convince me to switch from them. That said, if I somehow managed to get both a Calamity AND a Kridershot, i'd be using them. I'd love to have elemental arrow as my primary attack, and marking every enemy for death seems OP as fuck.

That said, I don't even have Pride's Fall, Cindercoat, Magefists, etc. So I'm still dreaming of what could be. I can only fire off 10 cluster arrows before I'm completely dry in my current setup...

I also had no idea you could use 2H bows with a quiver...

Somehow I still have over 400% crit damage even with the quiver (web site says 344 but I know it's over 400 in game.. I'll have to figure out why they disagree).

The site doesn't include your paragon points.

garath

I'll take fun over absolute efficiency. And Dual Danetta's is super fun. It's going to take a lot to convince me to switch from them. That said, if I somehow managed to get both a Calamity AND a Kridershot, i'd be using them. I'd love to have elemental arrow as my primary attack, and marking every enemy for death seems OP as fuck.

That said, I don't even have Pride's Fall, Cindercoat, Magefists, etc. So I'm still dreaming of what could be. I can only fire off 10 cluster arrows before I'm completely dry in my current setup...

I also had no idea you could use 2H bows with a quiver...

The site doesn't include your paragon points.

Oh yeah. duh. That's definitely a part of it.

So I just picked up a Doombringer recently. It has 18% to physical skills. Both my zombie dogs and gargantuan are labeled as physical in the tooltip so I'm assuming they count for the bonus. How about my fetishes though? I use the passive, not the Fetish Army skill. Do they inherit the dmg bonus as well?

Boogdud

So I just picked up a Doombringer recently. It has 18% to physical skills. Both my zombie dogs and gargantuan are labeled as physical in the tooltip so I'm assuming they count for the bonus. How about my fetishes though? I use the passive, not the Fetish Army skill. Do they inherit the dmg bonus as well?

Pretty sure they do, yes.

The thing that doesn't get a benefit is when you have % to Fetish Army, apparently the sycophants don't benefit from that skill.

Dahbomb

I'm not sure that all the extra AS isn't relevant to CA when you can use DW xbows with ES:JIS to regen your entire hatred pool in less time than with a slow 2h xbow.
That's because an optimum CA build is using Reaper's Wraps, Pride's Fall, Blood Vengeance, Preparation (that gives you Hatred), Cindercoat and Vengeance (rune that gives you Hatred per second). If played properly there will be very few situations where you need to stand there and build back your Hatred. As long as stuff is dying, you will fill your bar up.

Besides attack speed matters most when someone is standing still and auto attacking. In high level Torments you are almost always attacking, moving then attacking. This method of play allows you to get by with a bit slower attack speed.

I would say attack speed is relevant but not that much in a CA build. If given choice between higher base damage and attack speed (but sheet DPS was about the same) I would take higher base damage.

I am not saying that dual wield or 1H quiver is worse either... there's merit to all combinations. It's far more balanced than the 2H vs 1h situation for other classes.

JCizzle

As far as tin foil hat goes here's stuff that I can agree with:

*Thr safety net Legendary find bonus doesn't instantly drop to base level after finding a Legendary. It slowly goes down after you find a Legendary and during this time you can get a streak of Legendaries. This is normally what is causing the streaky nature of drops (drought for a period of time then get like 4-5 in one Rift).

*Legendaries are tiered in terms of rarity. Some Legendaries are rarer than others. Class sets are among the rarest.

*Enchant affixes are weighted. Far higher chance of getting main stat or Vit on an item than crit/socket etc. Some stats like Elite damage reduction on Chest pieces or Elite damage on weapons are also rarer than others.

Agreed, I think these are relatively likely except maybe the last one.

Tom Penny

I like when cool people run ahead in rifts and attempt to fight and elite pack and can't even handle that so they end up running away and bring back a bunch of packs to a choke point with little room to move. Then you are taking on 4-5 packs with various affixes in a small area. Then if you're luck the boss will spawn too.

huxley00

Well... the reduction in cost of fire spells is actually huge. Almost a game-changer for fire builds. I agree that it's not the same as dropping a kridershot or mirrorball, but it's still one of the most exciting chest armors in the game. Though I'm not too familiar with all of them.

Magefists really bother me though. When you combine this with Cindercoat, fire becomes the most attractive element in the game.

I think every element should have a 5 affix item like that. I don't care if its for different slots. 5 affix bracers with cold dmg, for example. Or 5 affix pants with lightning.

The cost reduction is huge, especially for Barbarian where you're constantly low on fury. It really opens up your build process when you can cut skill cost by 1/3rd.

Cipherr

What follower bug are you talking about?

ferr

That's because an optimum CA build is using Reaper's Wraps, Pride's Fall, Blood Vengeance, Preparation (that gives you Hatred), Cindercoat and Vengeance (rune that gives you Hatred per second). If played properly there will be very few situations where you need to stand there and build back your Hatred. As long as stuff is dying, you will fill your bar up.

Besides attack speed matters most when someone is standing still and auto attacking. In high level Torments you are almost always attacking, moving then attacking. This method of play allows you to get by with a bit slower attack speed.

I would say attack speed is relevant but not that much in a CA build. If given choice between higher base damage and attack speed (but sheet DPS was about the same) I would take higher base damage.

I am not saying that dual wield or 1H quiver is worse either... there's merit to all combinations. It's far more balanced than the 2H vs 1h situation for other classes.

Well it's not really 2h vs DW, it's more like Manticore vs DW. So if you're going to pull in hard to get legs, you may as well make it Manticore vs Nat Slayer + Calamity. You're right though, with those resource helpers I don't find myself ever relying on my generator mid-battle unless it's something unusual like a cursed chest with waves or a super high density moment in a rift.

What follower bug are you talking about?

Put a unity ring on yourself and your char and give your follower the relic that says "follower can't die" -- your follower takes 0% damage which effectively acts as a 50% damage reduction combo. Pride's Fall is also bugged with this combo because its buff never gets removed even when you become damaged.

Discobird

Pride's Fall is also bugged with this combo because its buff never gets removed even when you become damaged.

There are a small number of things that remove the buff (Grotesque corpse explosions, frozen ticks, some poison affixes?) but yeah this is basically right.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/eek-1673/hero/2760823

Jeram and Tasker helps but my friend only has Jeram and he is doing T3/4. Without either you can probably do T1-2 with no issues. There are a lot of WD builds you can do.

Pets is probably the least gear dependent build to start with because you can channel vampire bats forever without any gear which will spawn a lot of fetishes. You really only need to ideally hit a 2.01 aps to be in business.

I'd probably gamble some helms though. There are several build defining helms for WD and it seems like they show up a lot more often than other slots like gloves from Kadala.

If you want to try other builds, RoE is really good to start mana "dumping". Dumping in quotes because once you build stacks of RoE you basically have unlimited mana.

You can run a really good support role too. If you get the helm w/ root+fear on horrify you can basically lock down most elites/groups. Just pirahnado them in and then horrify them and they'll be stuck for your team to kill. Completely shits on CS and has better uptime.

DoT builds probably aren't that great until you get full Jade harvester. I haven't messed w/ them at all.

thank you :)

Since I got Maximus I'm preparing some gear for possibly a fire Crusader build. Any build advice would be helpful, but I need some reroll advice:

Vit for crit chance?

Resouce reduction for crit damage?

Honestly don't know what to do with this shield. Trying to reroll Bombardment damage would be a nightmare, life per wrath for crit chance?

Also, I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times, but does it matter what type of damage the +damage on a weapon is? I've rerolled my Maximus' damage once already, if I get something like Poison or Cold but a much higher number, does it really matter?
Sorry to be that guy bumping their own post, but does anyone have any reroll suggestions for me?

garath

Since I got Maximus I'm preparing some gear for possibly a fire Crusader build. Any build advice would be helpful, but I need some reroll advice:

Vit for crit chance?

Resouce reduction for crit damage?

Honestly don't know what to do with this shield. Trying to reroll Bombardment damage would be a nightmare, life per wrath for crit chance?

Also, I'm sure this has been asked a dozen times, but does it matter what type of damage the +damage on a weapon is? I've rerolled my Maximus' damage once already, if I get something like Poison or Cold but a much higher number, does it really matter?

Vit for crit chance.

Not sure. Crusader can benefit from resource reduction. I'd maybe reroll it into crit chance if anything.

The type of damage on the weapon is not impacted by +% elem damage. Just take the highest roll you can find.

Discobird

It sounds like DH are generally sticking with CA. My build uses MS after I got a couple items that increased MS damage and I've actually liked it a lot with little issue. What are the benefits to using CA vs. MS? Is it worthwhile to try changing my MS damage increases to CA damage increases?

I use MS:Arsenal with my existing fire gear and some crappy rare boots with MS damage for doing T2 content and lower (both rifts and bounties). It's faster than CA when you get the point where you can 1 or 2 shot trash with MS since it covers a bigger AOE and travels offscreen for some distance.

For higher difficulties, I think you are going to need something besides MS to help with elites because it's not very efficient against single targets. If you already have the fire gear, you could maybe try CA:Cluster Bombs since it still does a ton of damage even without CA damage items (2625% weapon damage total). It takes some practice to line up the shots properly, though, and it's not as safe as CA:LFB due to its short range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom