• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

What a morning for Diablo news, the devs are so fast to fix and change things when needed these days, it's amazing. Next patch sounds like it will correct many of the issues with the game ATM, and the first content patch sounds even better. I'm really glad you get to keep all your progress after a season, plus a shot at unique legendaries is just icing on the cake.

Sure, you get to keep all your progress after a season. Then what happens when the next season start with the season-only legendaries? Are you going to care about that character from the previous season?

It just doesn't make sense to me. Ladders had a point in D2 but it just makes no sense in D3. If they didn't have ladder-exclusive legendaries, it wouldn't be so bad.

Hooo man it finally happened

8mnsGAu.png

Dat damage roll.
Sucks bout the low end proc but eh whatever. It's my first :)

I feel like Phalanx - Bowmen doesn't get the attention it deserves.

It is INSANELY good with Lord Commander (20% damage increase on Phalanx, and reduced cooldown on bombardment and steed charge).

My weapon lets me have extra bombardment drops so I focused my build around it, and the phalanx is a great "bonus".

joesmokey

Well guys, here's my nearly complete fire wizard:

I think I might try to replace the Fire Walkers with Ice Climbers, however I like the Fire Walkers for the full fire look.

All I really need is a Wand of Woh, but I can get by fine without that. Also going to try for better rolls on the Unity crit dmg and make a Reaper's Wraps with 6% crit. Other than that, I'm simply enjoying melting everything in sight.

Teknoman

Man, just fought
Urzael
! Now that was a boss fight, great music too!

Honestly, that took more effort than anything from vanilla, and was pretty engaging on Master.

finally
and they didn't even take a shit on people who like split bounties either to fix bounties (I can't stand split bounties they bore me to tears:p)

this + the more bloodshards in higher torments change are welcome changes

now we just need more variety to rifts or more content (preferably both) and some quality of life changes to rifts like making sure there's plenty of mobs to fill the bar (no backtracking for some corner you missed) and upping the minimum density on certain no fun tilesets

Man, just fought
Urzael
! Now that was a boss fight, great music too!

Honestly, that took more effort than anything from vanilla, and was pretty engaging on Master.

In my opinion the by far easiest boss in the entire game as you can easily evade every attack. I don't even know what they were thinking about that leap attack which takes like a year to execute.

Anyways, as far as actually challenging and real fun boss battles go, love me the final boss of Act V.

So since I've really managed to take a break for a week now I'm wondering if I should play some again when they patch some of the stuff that sounds neat. I mean in theory I may one day have drop luck as well, but it's not looking like it and Dota 2's gonna have an amazing patch too, so maybe I'll rather play that if I yearn for a game.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That cookie cutter cluster arrow demon hunter build everyone is using is so much fun, especially when you run it glass cannon mode in T2.

Just knowing missing a vault could get you blown up makes it so exciting. Since you're running prep with the rune that trades disc for hate so you can keep dumping Cluster arrows you've got this fun way to dump a ton of damage at the cost of reliable escape, using dog howl for extra damage and vengeance for when you really need something to die right this second.

That coupled with the fact that you've got a snare on your spam attack leaves you with a much more dynamic and reactive play-style that I feel a lot of the other classes are missing.

I kinda wish the dog wasn't so good so I could ditch it for something else, I might just use rain of vengeance instead of him honestly.

Look at this little asshole http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drilling-1463/hero/15239038 less than a day playing him.

Grinch

Banned
p8jd9lT.png

Finally got Fire Walkers... What should i reroll? Energy Twister dmg to Arcane Orb dmg would be great, but then again I lose a lot of toughness :(

Lol, also got this from Kadala:

nkbagIZ.png

Zertez

Its funny people are going crazy trying to get the best gear but it will all be useless once the next expansion comes out.
That is pretty much how loot games work. Over time they release updates and expansions, each time they do, they release better gear. I think most know by now the loot they have currently will be outclassed by gear they release in the future. Blizzard wants to keep people playing D3 until the sequel comes out and adding new loot is a huge part of the strategy to keep people interested. If you hold out playing D3 until Blizzard says they done adding new loot, you will be waiting a very long time.

V_Arnold

p8jd9lT.png

Finally got Fire Walkers... What should i reroll? Energy Twister dmg to Arcane Orb dmg would be great, but then again I lose a lot of toughness :(

Lol, also got this from Kadala:

nkbagIZ.png

You would not lose toughness, you would lose life. That is not the same, even though the tooltip is dumb and reductive.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sure, you get to keep all your progress after a season. Then what happens when the next season start with the season-only legendaries? Are you going to care about that character from the previous season?

It just doesn't make sense to me. Ladders had a point in D2 but it just makes no sense in D3. If they didn't have ladder-exclusive legendaries, it wouldn't be so bad.

From what I understand you don't keep the character itself, just the gear, XP and gold. So playing ladder will still benefit your main as you can bring over unique legendaries for them, plus they'll get a big boost in paragon level.

Worst bounty runz group ever. Just did 3 bounties on my own and there was still 1 not finished. I think some people just join these and AFK....

I would say yes, considering how easy it is to get a soul (not super easy, but easier than getting a leg drop), at worst you'll loose only 1 soul if it turns out to suck and you salvage it.

I am forever dry on them. Mostly because the mystic hates me and always wants about 15 rolls everytime I try change something.

I would agree with the RiF statement if it was last week when the group had about 1000 members.

garath

Finally rerolled 3 sockets on my cloak of garwulf. Its not as good as my black feather but the three wolves are awesome! This will be my cloak until I get a cindercoat

Something stupid is happening to my group of friend for the past week : we get the same legendary items, minutes from each other. It's like the game RNG is bugged and we drop the same items. It happens very frequently. I drop a nagel. Few seconds later, my buddy (in my party or in another) will drop one. He drops a Maximus, I didn't had time to click the clan feed to see it, that I dropped one.

Is it the same mecanic as annouced on PS4, when your friend loot a legendary, you have a chance for a surprise ? Why does it double drop only the bad leg ?

Shit shit shit shit shit shit!

Was power levelling a friend and got a Cindercoat drop. Been trying to get one since launch of RoS and its a damn level 51!!!

Dahbomb

Worst bounty runz group ever. Just did 3 bounties on my own and there was still 1 not finished. I think some people just join these and AFK....
Yea this is a legit issue where people AFK to get free Caches. Thankfully Blizzard has responded to this and said they will be making some adjustments to the Vote Kick system.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Has Blizzard ever said anything about fixing Passive effects to actually showing on the description of the spells? I hate taking a passive that reduce cooldown or boost damage of one of my spell but not actually seeing the change in the description.
Hell.. even all these elemental damage +% and cooldown reduction on gear too... none of that actually show in the descriptions.

The Cowboy

I know RNG is RNG, but come on!. I was enchanting a ring from +488 vit to something else, i was hoping perhaps CHD.

Enchant 1 - +vit, +vit (both lower).
Enchant 2 - +vit, +vit (both lower).
Enchant 3 - +vit, +vit (both lower)

/cries..

Xamdou

Hooo man it finally happened

8mnsGAu.png

Dat damage roll.
Sucks bout the low end proc but eh whatever. It's my first :)

Nice TF!

But the +10% damage don't work with your elemental damage, only regular damage. Your better off rerolling that +10% damage to +7% attack speed!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

That's exactly what they do. You should join the Split Farm community in-game and look for a group there, you'll have more success.

Nice TF!

But the +10% damage don't work with your elemental damage, only regular damage. Your better off rerolling that +10% damage to +7% attack speed!

This is being fixed next patch, and it will be retroactive according to the blue poster.

Dahbomb

I know RNG is RNG, but come on!. I was enchanting a ring from +488 vit to something else, i was hoping perhaps CHD.

/cries..
It's not 100% RNG, it's weighted RNG.

Main stat and Vitality are weighted higher than other stats on items.

So depressing spending 500 shards on so few amulets and they're all crap. 3 times in a row....

Maybe I should just stuck with what I have and move on to something else.

th3dude

RNG can be a cruel mistress.

Last night had a great Jekanbord drop. Today, I get an orange 'Flail' and think 'NO WAY!'. I was right :(

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Brutal, few days ago I got nothing from Kadala for quite a bit of shards. Drop 140 shards a few mins ago and get this:

What's the next thing to gamble for? The offhand?

Wow I can't tell if that's incredible luck or if that's rude as fuck lmao.

Like the game was just like "OH YOU WANT A MASK SO BAD HERE'S 3 OF THE BEST ENJOY"

Regardless congrats dude! Amazing masks all around.

Mumei

I'm at something like 1800 shards with Kadala; so far my record is one (useless) set piece ring.

RIF is still fun, though.

Discobird

That cookie cutter cluster arrow demon hunter build everyone is using is so much fun, especially when you run it glass cannon mode in T2.

Just knowing missing a vault could get you blown up makes it so exciting. Since you're running prep with the rune that trades disc for hate so you can keep dumping Cluster arrows you've got this fun way to dump a ton of damage at the cost of reliable escape, using dog howl for extra damage and vengeance for when you really need something to die right this second.

That coupled with the fact that you've got a snare on your spam attack leaves you with a much more dynamic and reactive play-style that I feel a lot of the other classes are missing.

I kinda wish the dog wasn't so good so I could ditch it for something else, I might just use rain of vengeance instead of him honestly.

Look at this little asshole http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Drilling-1463/hero/15239038 less than a day playing him.

Glad you enjoy, I love it for the same reasons. Just wait until you get the Danetta's set

RDreamer

Yeah, my DH is fun as hell. I'm not really a glass cannon, but it's still fun bouncing around grabbing health balls (because I'm wearing reapers wraps) and letting off cluster bombs. It feels a bit more action RPG-esque. I was also enjoying it because the game seemed to give me everything for my DH for a bit of a streak there.

/cries..

I'm currently trying to enchant a puzzle ring to be DEX, CHD, CC, and ASP. It's been nearly impossible to get the CC on it, though. I literally keep doing enchant after enchant of JUST +vit offers. I think I've nearly given up by now.

Discobird

I think I need to just give in and go the cluster build. So much time with my DH and still find T1 a bit slow.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VWdrewzBie-6802/hero/35502489

Only bonus to fire damage I have atm is Reapers Wraps though in my stash.

If you go the fire route I'd definitely get fire damage on your bracers and try and gamble a Magefist (they aren't too hard to get from Kadala). You'll also want an amulet with fire damage, dex, CC and CD, but don't gamble for amulets (they're a ripoff).

And of course try and gamble a Cindercoat on a lvl 70 monk.

Your boots aren't doing too much for you right now so you might as well craft Ashera's to go with your pants and get the +100 resist. Do you have a Ring of Royal Grandeur yet?

Discobird

Yeah, my DH is fun as hell. I'm not really a glass cannon, but it's still fun bouncing around grabbing health balls (because I'm wearing reapers wraps) and letting off cluster bombs. It feels a bit more action RPG-esque.

Yeah that's exactly it, it feels like a different game when you play a class that's been tuned for stutter-stepping and has a zero-cooldown low cost mobility skill.

I have Danetta's set, Hexing Pants + Blood Vengeance + Reaper's Wraps so I get 101 hatred from each globe, and some amount of +life on health globe bonus too. So anytime a globe pops, no matter where it is, I chase it like a dog after a treat and knock everything out of my way to reach it. Good times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom