• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Yeah, I'd rather they address some current imbalances in the existing legendaries than simply add more, at the moment. Rework some of these sets to actually be worth giving up visages/taskers/magefists/cindercoats/etc. (wizards and monks in particular look like they could really use some work.) and give every legendary either a unique stat or unique affix, preferably with elemental equality in mind. Instead of giving Tyrael's Might a useless ms stat, (although the demon bonus is nice) use it as a cindercoat equivalent for holy- 15/20% holy dmg + 30% reduced cooldowns on holy skills or some such like that.

I mean, adding new legs could address the balance as well, sure, but I'd rather there not be so much "fluff" in the leg drop pool, so changing useless existing legs into more viable ones would be a preferred path to me.

eek5

Ok, yeah, this is either an odd coincidence or the conspiracy theory players are true. I'm getting totally different drops now on my 2nd DH. Sure, I get a couple similar common legs, but i'm getting totally different drops now. A bit more Nat's stuff (no slayer yet, FML) in different slots (hoping to see Mara's in a different slot), some different belts/rings/gloves etc.

I think they're onto something. It lines up with their suspicions. Even my clanmates are noticing i'm getting different stuff now. 2 already rerolled their fav class like I did. Lol.

As far as gems go, they need to add a whole lot more to flavor up builds. They're just too boring now. Bring back the charms/etc pls.

Damn I want to subscribe to this! Time to reroll my 4th and 5th monk!!

I must be lagging I can't seem to join a RIF before it fills up ><

I send invite request 3 times in a row and no response. Must mean it filled up? I dunno.

Demon Hunter alt, with the run-good after 11 act 3 bags. Hasn't touched the Mystic yet.

CDd5lhH.jpg

1337 indeed.

cdyhybrid

I must be lagging I can't seem to join a RIF before it fills up ><

I send invite request 3 times in a row and no response. Must mean it filled up? I dunno.

Probably means they got spammed with invites instantly and you didn't make it in time.

Edit: Just got this. Should I save it for a fire set for my monk? I already have Devastator plans and a Sun Keeper.

GM0RQSa.png

Kyoufu

Not even remotely true. People have been clamoring for ladders long before legs were locked to seasons only.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the incentive in playing seasons without exclusive legendary drops. Or at least a higher drop rate.

Otherwise, I wouldn't bother at all.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the incentive in playing seasons without exclusive legendary drops. Or at least a higher drop rate.

It's for people who are clamouring for competition. Personally, I want to play seasons, if only for the fresh start and new items. I could care less about seeing my name at the top of a list. It'd be cool, but that wont be my main reason for playing Ladders.

Kyoufu

It's for people who are clamouring for competition. Personally, I want to play seasons, if only for the fresh start and new items. I could care less about seeing my name at the top of a list. It'd be cool, but that wont be my main reason for playing Ladders.

That's one strange way to compete. RNG deciding how good drops you get... Eh...

I'd prefer PVP (if it was balanced).

That's one strange way to compete. RNG deciding how good drops you get... Eh...

I'd prefer PVP (if it was balanced).

Well, in Diablo 2, your place on the ladder was determined by the amount of experience you had. Had nothing to do with the items you wore. I'm sure it will be something similiar now.

I don't see much point even with exclusive drops. I'm just saying not everyone plays the ladders for those legs. People have been wanting ladders since like 1.0.4 or earlier.

I won't be upset is seasons are a seperate mode. I would prefer it if they incorporate the legs to standard mode after end of season though. I think this actually garauntees we get new legs to farm every so often.

Hey guys,
I've got a question,
most of the time I've avoided MMOs after becoming addicted and had bad experience with MMOs,
lately I got into Diablo 3 again, and I've thought about it, has anyone here has any goal? a goal when he accomplishes it, he'll stop playing? like beating the game? but again, it's not really possible, because as WD I can run a lot and spam Gargantuan and beat the game on T6, so anyone thought when will it stop? because atm I'm having fun, but then again I see al the consoles and games I have to play and it feels like wasted time playing Diablo

traveler

Not Wario
If anything, it's worse with Diablo, because you run out of obvious milestones much sooner. In WoW, I could at least work up to seeing the latest raid, then unsub till the next one, or run an expansions worth of content then wait for either the next big patch or xpac if I really didn't like the current xpac's direction, but in Diablo you clear the actual content of the game rather quickly and then spend the rest of the game just upping numbers on both yourself and enemies through higher torments.

I won't be upset is seasons are a seperate mode. I would prefer it if they incorporate the legs to standard mode after end of season though. I think this actually garauntees we get new legs to farm every so often.

Yep.

I think it would be pretty BS to add new items to the game but make them only available in a mode that I have no interest in playing. But, w/e.

cdyhybrid

Hey guys,
I've got a question,
most of the time I've avoided MMOs after becoming addicted and had bad experience with MMOs,
lately I got into Diablo 3 again, and I've thought about it, has anyone here has any goal? a goal when he accomplishes it, he'll stop playing? like beating the game? but again, it's not really possible, because as WD I can run a lot and spam Gargantuan and beat the game on T6, so anyone thought when will it stop? because atm I'm having fun, but then again I see al the consoles and games I have to play and it feels like wasted time playing Diablo

I'll stop playing when 1) I find a game more entertaining, or 2) I have a max-level character in each class with gear so good it can't be upgraded.

conweller

Neo Member
My only concern with season legendaries is that the balance could be weird.

Either there won't be anything that great, and everyone will just keep their cindercoats, magefists, etc... or you'll have the opposite case where people who can't play for a month (or whatever) can never get the overpowered legendary from Season X, so they're stuck in lower tier difficulties as the highest tier is balanced for the top players with the top gear.

It would be real dumb to reward someone for playing in July more than you reward someone who played in June. RNG is one thing, but "key" seasons would be really stupid (and somewhat inevitable I think.)

I'll stop playing when 1) I find a game more entertaining, or 2) I have a max-level character in each class with gear so good it can't be upgraded.
I dont really talk about entertainment, in the end it's a game, if it entertains you then it's doing his job correctly, but lots of game has some kind of goal that you can say "I've accomplished it!" and then move to another game. But in this game, there's no really definite way to say "I beat that shit".
Like ATM I can do T6 and theoretically beat while running a lot and spamming gargantuan, but does if mean that I've accomplished something ? Qhat I mean that the game misses direction and you preety much play aimlessly.

jblank83

It would be real dumb to reward someone for playing in July more than you reward someone who played in June. RNG is one thing, but "key" seasons would be really stupid (and somewhat inevitable I think.)

There's also the fact that the RNG is so random that even those who play 10 hours of Diablo 3 every day may not find the "good" ladder-only items in a season.

TTOOLL

wow, getting disconnected really frequently. This game hasn't been reliable for some days, at least for me.
Just one bounty left? Disconnected!

Welp.

As a heads up, we&#8217;re looking to make two changes to Horadric Caches. The first change is to allow the caches to drop Torment-only Legendary items. The second is to increase the chance that you&#8217;ll find a Legendary item in Horadric Caches, including Act-specific Legendaries like the Royal Ring of Grandeur, based on the Torment difficulty. What this means is that Horadric Caches earned in Torment I+ will be able to drop Torment restricted Legendary items, and caches earned in Torment II+ will have a scaling bonus for dropping Legendary items (which includes those items only found in a cache).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12504572275#20

DSmalls84

4 sets of magefist gambled in 2 days but not 1 tasker and Theo. I see why these have the rep of being a complete pain in the ass to gamble. Regardless I shall continue to gamble gloves. Grabbed two pieces of Jade Harvester gear and a nice SOJ in the same time frame so it wasn't a complete loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom