• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robin64

so word is torment is locked until 70?
a bit disappointing if true.

Luckily it's not true in the slightest.

Here's a screenshot from on the Asia server. All I have on there is a level 3 Crusader.

UQce3y6.jpg

jersoc

Don't think many people would be able to jump right into Torment anyways. If you read the descriptions, just going to Hard assumes you have some rares from RoS. The mobs in RoS are much, much harder than the level 60 ones.

i dont know how to read :(
hmm, we'll see. I'll try the hardest I can for the xp. can always lower in game.

edit above:link doesnt work, but thats good. I couldnt find any info either.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't get off work until 12 EST tonight! I wonder how long I'll be sitting in a queue....

I won't be in the queue at all!

I'll be asleep by midnight and won't be playing until tomorrow evening ;_;

Fletcher

Jumping back into D3 tomorrow. Fired it up for the first time in a long time yesterday. Pretty excited! I pre-ordered box version at Gamestop because of a giftcard. Will I be missing out on anything I would have gotten had I pre-ordered digitally through blizzard?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haters gonna hate, no fun allowed, etc.

Lovers, I love you, as usual. Enjoy the hype that I've put much effort into making!

Ocho

I have a couple of questions (new to Diablo 3), hopefully you guys can solve a few:

Can we go 'expert' with completely new characters? We like challenge, but not impossible stuff.

Is it necessary for my friends to buy RoS before Act V if we plan to lvl new characters (I'm the only crusader)?

Sciz

Barbs are okay. At least they have a couple of fury builders that aren't primary skills between Warcry, Furious Charge, Overpower, Whirlwind, Unforgiving.

My problem with it is that you end up getting pigeonholed into taking a couple of those and their fury generating runes just to reach a decent level of throughput in the first place, when they should feel like bonuses that let you skip a few bashes.

Reknoc

maaaaaan, dicked around a little on crusader, but didnt want to burn out. gotta try and figure out which gender to play as first :( female design is best but male has gideon emery

I have a couple of questions (new to Diablo 3), hopefully you guys can solve a few:

Can we go 'very hard' with completely new characters? We like challenge, but not impossible stuff.
If you don't have any level 60s yet, you can play on normal, hard, or expert with any character. If you have a level 60, all difficulties are unlocked.

Is it necessary for my friends to buy RoS before Act V if we plan to lvl new characters (I'm the only crusader)?
Not completely sure, but I don't think so. It seems the 2.0 patch has all of the content there already, so compatibility shouldn't be an issue. People were getting crusader specific loot pre expac already to boot.

Can we go 'very hard' with completely new characters? We like challenge, but not impossible stuff.

You should be fine on hard/expert right off the bat, and probably master as well once you have some gear.

Don't think your friends will need to buy RoS, as long as you're just playing the campaign.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Haters gonna hate, no fun allowed, etc.

Lovers, I love you, as usual. Enjoy the hype that I've put much effort into making!

that was fun, played up to level 10 crussader, now its time for bed.

im quoting you because i get to see marine king in person in about 15 hours.

im gonna be sitting here.

hes gonna be sitting here.

im going to look at him.

Sigmaah

Fuck I need to buy this shit digitally so I can preload but I can't use any cards... Look like I'm stuck with buying the physical? LAME AS FUCK. Wanted to play tonight but oh well tomorrow it is.

Takuan

There's a guy at work who I suspect takes sick days whenever big games release to geek out. He was off for two days straight shortly after Loot 2.0 dropped. I'm very curious if he'll call in sick this week.

I'm considering taking Friday off but it's pretty short notice.

Jrmint

Man I really hope the D3 team took some notes and advice from the WoW expansion teams in terms of server stability. The last couple WoW expansions launched flawlessly and I'm really hoping d3 does. Color me pretty nervous for the server stability tonight though.

Gotta wait until tomorrow to play since I planned to buy from the stores on way to work. ;/

Guess i'll start off fresh from act 1-5 on crusader so I can see some legendary drops on the way. But I cant help but notice almost all abilities are on cooldown, ugh.

_woLf

If you're in the Best Buy Gamer's Club, you can get it for 20% off, so $32. That's what I plan on doing if I can make it though the night.

I am not. ugh, I don't really feel like dropping 40 bucks on an expansion pack so I guess I won't be getting this at launch.

I asked yesterday and the consensus seemed to be about as long as Act 2.

Yeah but each act can last a while depending on all of the side dungeons we can explore.

Also, if we level our characters to 70 before the final boss, I'm assuming that would ensure us a guaranteed level 70 leg drop upon completion of the act.

I'm wondering if I should do this, or blow through it and go straight to adventure mode.

Jrmint

Yeah but each act can last a while depending on all of the side dungeons we can explore.

Also, if we level our characters to 70 before the final boss, I'm assuming that would ensure us a guaranteed level 70 leg drop upon completion of the act.

I'm wondering if I should do this, or blow through it and go straight to adventure mode.
I say why not take your time and enjoy exploring the new act. We're gonna have 2+ years to blow through adventure mode. Enjoy yourself first time through and smell the flowers!

plake

I had that thought as well. I will most likely try to get 70 before beating DEATH.

dengatron

Amazon still hasn't shipped my CE. They're usually pretty late with shipping out my preorder items because they come from like 2 hours away, but, they've normally shipped before 3pm. Might have to buy digital and have them refund it when I add my CE key. They did it for me for the original game, and people are saying they're allowing it this way again. Hope amazon comes through, because I can wait till tomorrow morning, but not until wednesday.

DripDropDrippin

Neo Member
Amazon still hasn't shipped my CE. They're usually pretty late with shipping out my preorder items because they come from like 2 hours away, but, they've normally shipped before 3pm. Might have to buy digital and have them refund it when I add my CE key. They did it for me for the original game, and people are saying they're allowing it this way again. Hope amazon comes through, because I can wait till tomorrow morning, but not until wednesday.

I wouldn't worry about it yet. Amazon is very good about getting stuff delivered on time. They didn't list my PS4 launch day edition shipped until after 5PM the day before. I do a lot of shipping for my place of work and UPS doesn't pick up our packages until 4:30PM everyday even for next day shipping things. Chances are, you're close enough for your CE to be shipped via UPS ground and still get to you tomorrow.

Wilsongt

maaaaaan, dicked around a little on crusader, but didnt want to burn out. gotta try and figure out which gender to play as first :( female design is best but male has gideon emery

Yeeeeeees. Gideon Emery. I could fall asleep listening to him read the phone book.

Sanctuary

You really shouldn't be, and honestly people need to stop encouraging him.

Considering it wasn't hard to get 30 Paragon levels per day after 2.0, all this required was playing 12+ hours a day. I really don't see what the big accomplishment is.

I think the belief is that they will be closer to DW, but still not quite equal. Certainly much closer than today.

It should be that dual wielding is always better than using a two handed weapon, but only after you end up with two equally top tier two handed weapons, that are a lot harder to come by.

zychi

Banned
I wouldn't worry about it yet. Amazon is very good about getting stuff delivered on time. They didn't list my PS4 launch day edition shipped until after 5PM the day before. I do a lot of shipping for my place of work and UPS doesn't pick up our packages until 4:30PM everyday even for next day shipping things. Chances are, you're close enough for your CE to be shipped via UPS ground and still get to you tomorrow.

i chatted with CS because i had this same problem . they "upgraded" me to expedited shipping(even tho i'm a prime member :eyeroll)

ZenaxPure

You might not hit 60 if you just play through on normal, but post 2.0, all the classes I leveled to 60 hit it before the end of act 4 by aggressively increasing the difficulty. No other powerlevelling required. My second witch doctor, which had a hellfire ring, gemmed helmet, and Leoric's signet, hit 60 before finishing act 2 just by being able to keep the game on torment 1 for most of the way.

A lot of that stuff doesn't apply if you are going in fresh though (which it seems like he might be?) You can't get a hellfire ring without a lot of level 60 farming, you won't have as good red gems to put into your hat, and leoric's signet is entirely RNG. Not to mention that the community xp buff is completely gone now. I highly doubt you can hit level 60 with one trip through the story with those parameters.

My problem with it is that you end up getting pigeonholed into taking a couple of those and their fury generating runes just to reach a decent level of throughput in the first place, when they should feel like bonuses that let you skip a few bashes.

Not really, all you need is war cry with the 50 fury rune + some cooldown reduction, you don't need "a couple" fury generating abilities. Also it's just going to become broken as fuck for Barbarians anyway, the IK set bonus for perma ancients, one of the runes for ancients makes it so you gain 3 fury each time an ancient deals damage (and keep in mind one of the ancients does WW...). The real problem with Barbarian is that it's just too gear dependent before it gets to a point where it plays as well as it did pre 2.0.

MrDaravon

Regarding the talk about the health well achievement; I am 99% sure your health doesn't have to be less than full. All I've done is make sure I've hit every one I've seen since 2.0 hit and I'm already at about 700. Given that I've mostly been playing my DH and blowing through lower Torment levels I'm pretty positive my health has been full virtually every time I've gotten one, and I haven't gone out of my way at all to get them. I know if you wait for regular wells to replenish it doesn't count past the first time, if the Butcher ones work I'm not sure that's intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom