• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the expansion is going to be unlocked?
I'm probbaly going to get my copy in a couple of hours,will it be possible to play it?

Zemm

iKl2mcHXHh1kk.gif

Thank God, no more campaign, wooo!

Instro

Fetish Army with the 3 extra dagger piggies, along with all the ones summoned along the way from doing Physical Attacks, can surround a Lightning Enchant elite entirely so you never see a single spark move away from them. It's quite amazing.

I could have sworn the ones proc'd get destroyed when you use the summon skill.

Anyway fetishes in some form are definitely a must for any WD build. The witch doctor in general is the best single target killer in the game, SB with dropping fetishes is pretty much guaranteed to melt anything very quickly

ZenaxPure

Not really, unless you want to level to 60 completely in adventure mode and skip the story stuff you've already seen. The 2.0 act 1-4 experience won't change.

I answered it a few pages back, but, you are also missing out on the mystic and act 5 (as these can be used under level 60). That said, adventure mode is the big one, unless you are being power leveled you are going to finish the game without hitting level 60 which means your only option without the expansion is to just do more story mode to level up. With the expansion you will be able to jump into adventure mode instead.

This might be common knowledge but we figured it out today in the clan. You can farm health fountains for the health fountain achievement.

You need to get 1000 health restorations from the fountains but they don't count if you have full life.

So what you need to do is fight the Butcher, there are two fountains in his room and they refill about every 30 seconds. So you can get 4 in a minute or so as if they refill it still counts. So doing the math, if you keep on your toes it's about 250mins to get the achieve versus god knows how many hundreds of hours by doing it naturally. You absolutely need to make sure life is missing from your globe before hitting the fountain, if you have health regen you may heal the damage you take too fast. So make sure you can actually see the missing life on the globe instead of relying on the damage numbers popping up on you.

You can do this on any boss with health fountains I guess but the Butcher is pretty easy, only one target to watch, and the fountains are pretty close to each other.

Ferrio

Banned
Not really, unless you want to level to 60 completely in adventure mode and skip the story stuff you've already seen. The 2.0 act 1-4 experience won't change.

pre-release means you can keep your paragon levels and those bonuses as you assign them. post-release means you can't get those paragon levels until after 70.

so IMHO a small reason to rush past level 60 pre-RoS if you want, but not "you're crazy if you do/don't".

bottom line get RoS as soon as you can, but don't fret anything you do in-game before that. It will still benefit you.

Well according to the first quote, there's no point in getting RoS until I reach 60.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm a little deflated by all the "Crusader is fucking awful" impressions from the last beta build. I really want to play (and like) the class, but the consensus seems to be that they lack in pretty much everything. Defense capability isn't nearly as high as you'd assume based on BIG ARMOR AND SHIELD guy, and their offensive abilities are just not tuned well apparently. Wrath spenders cost too much and hit for too little, and many abilities have cooldowns way higher than they should be

Come on Josh, fix this shit.

Robin64

This might be common knowledge but we figured it out today in the clan. You can farm health fountains for the health fountain achievement.

You need to get 1000 health restorations from the fountains but they don't count if you have full life.

So what you need to do is fight the Butcher, there are two fountains in his room and they refill about every 30 seconds. So you can get 4 in a minute or so as if they refill it still counts. So doing the math, if you keep on your toes it's about 250mins to get the achieve versus god knows how many hundreds of hours by doing it naturally. You absolutely need to make sure life is missing from your globe before hitting the fountain, if you have health regen you may heal the damage you take too fast. So make sure you can actually see the missing life on the globe instead of relying on the damage numbers popping up on you.

You can do this on any boss with health fountains I guess but the Butcher is pretty easy, only one target to watch, and the fountains are pretty close to each other.

But those "god know how many hundreds of other hours" you are also actually playing the game. Might as well just let it come naturally. Especially given it's only for 10 points and there's no banner reward from it either.

garath

I'm a little deflated by all the "Crusader is fucking awful" impressions from the last beta build. I really want to play (and like) the class, but the consensus seems to be that they lack in pretty much everything. Defense capability isn't nearly as high as you'd assume based on BIG ARMOR AND SHIELD guy, and their offensive abilities are just not tuned well apparently. Wrath spenders cost too much and hit for too little, and many abilities have cooldowns way higher than they should be

Meh. People say my DH is shit but it's still my favorite class. :)

Giggzy

Probably as a deterrent so 90% of the population doesn't roll a crusader. They'll get buffed eventually, assuming this is true about their weakness

I answered it a few pages back, but, you are also missing out on the mystic and act 5 (as these can be used under level 60). That said, adventure mode is the big one, unless you are being power leveled you are going to finish the game without hitting level 60 which means your only option without the expansion is to just do more story mode to level up. With the expansion you will be able to jump into adventure mode instead.

You might not hit 60 if you just play through on normal, but post 2.0, all the classes I leveled to 60 hit it before the end of act 4 by aggressively increasing the difficulty. No other powerlevelling required. My second witch doctor, which had a hellfire ring, gemmed helmet, and Leoric's signet, hit 60 before finishing act 2 just by being able to keep the game on torment 1 for most of the way.

Well according to the first quote, there's no point in getting RoS until I reach 60.

I don't know if I'd go that far though. You can still make a new crusader, and if you are playing on an easy difficulty, you could end up in act 5 before hitting 60.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ENJOY ASIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I think Crusaders are going to be fine. Just need a few of those dozens of class-specific legendaries they got.

yukonrye

Got an email at 7:39 am from Amazon saying my order didn't go through because my payment method was invalid. I preordered in December but in that time my bank issued me a new card due to the Target data breach. I put in my new card info at ~8:00am and now my CE, which was to arrive on 3/25, now won't get here until the 27th.

Target......!! (shakes fists)

One thing to keep in mind is that we are all playing with high level gear. No one, or very very few have high level crusader gear. Things will change once people get geared.

Nete

Crusader was insanely overpower during the F&F beta and first weeks of Closed beta. They nerfed all the crazy things to the ground, and now they just need to tune it up patch by patch.

I see it pretty normal. And it can be weak compared with the other classes, but that doesn't mean it is useless or isn't fun to play ;)

Terra

Really looking forward to this. I have re-lighted my own and 2 of my friends interest in Diablo 3.
Neither one of us is able to play this week due to busy work schedules, but come friday...yeah!

But those "god know how many hundreds of other hours" you are also actually playing the game. Might as well just let it come naturally. Especially given it's only for 10 points and there's no banner reward from it either.

How many times do you hit a health fountain? Because I can tell you this, I was at less than 100 before I saw the achievement and that's with over a 100 hours played at the time. You pretty much never have to hit them, so this is an easy way to get the achieve if you're impatient or want to grind out the last few hundred.

Sciz

Wrath spenders cost too much and hit for too little, and many abilities have cooldowns way higher than they should be

This is also barbarians and demon hunters in a nutshell at the moment. There's some deeper design decisions they need to review in play here.

Robin64

How many times do you hit a health fountain? Because I can tell you this, I was at less than 100 before I saw the achievement and that's with over a 100 hours played at the time. You pretty much never have to hit them, so this is an easy way to get the achieve if you're impatient or want to grind out the last few hundred.

Meh, I just hit one when I see it, just because the achievement exists. I'm already at 100, or 10%, since 2.0 came out. Seems fine to me. Really not going to waste so much time grinding for escore.

XShagrath

Hype is getting out of control!

I have been planning on going to Best Buy in the morning, since I get 20% off new games. I'd be picking up a copy for me and a friend. But now I'm wondering if the $16 I'd be saving would be worth ordering two digital copies and starting play at midnight tonight. I'd have to eat the savings on his copy too.

Decisions!

Firemind

This is also barbarians and demon hunters in a nutshell at the moment. There's some deeper design decisions they need to review in play here.

Barbs are okay. At least they have a couple of fury builders that aren't primary skills between Warcry, Furious Charge, Overpower, Whirlwind, Unforgiving.

The Crusader has... Provoke.

Jira

so word is torment is locked until 70?
a bit disappointing if true.

Don't think many people would be able to jump right into Torment anyways. If you read the descriptions, just going to Hard assumes you have some rares from RoS. The mobs in RoS are much, much harder than the level 60 ones.

Firemind

Don't think many people would be able to jump right into Torment anyways. If you read the descriptions, just going to Hard assumes you have some rares from RoS. The mobs in RoS are much, much harder than the level 60 ones.

Did they perhaps... double it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom