• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I preordered through gamestop with a 15% off code and I can't play until tomorrow. I'm so stupid and jealous of everyone who bought the digital copy.

Kacho

DiabloGAF, please grant me the strength to not spend $40 on a digital version of Reaper of Souls just so I can play for a few hours tonight before my physical CE arrives Tuesday afternoon.

I did that because I'm fucking crazy, bro. Don't be crazy like me, bro.

Robin64

Warning if you are going to pop on the Asian servers to test Crusader: It's laggy as all hell. I suppose because of the location, but seeing my bar go to 2000ms isn't uncommon right now on a Wizard I made.

(Mostly on here to see what the transition looks like)

DSmalls84

I just went digital from the beginning. I would probably care more about a boxed copy if the game could function offline at all, but since it's all tied to bnet whatever.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
iwXyAsyaERCnr.png

DiabloGAF, please grant me the strength to not spend $40 on a digital version of Reaper of Souls just so I can play for a few hours tonight before my physical CE arrives Tuesday afternoon.

You can do it! Just don't think about how much fun we all will be having in just a few hours. Or how we have level 70 Crusaders when you get your physical copy... Nah, just kidding. It's just a game. If you don't want to have a sealed physical copy for collection purposes, just wait the extra couple of days.

Nokterian

Thanks to the nuclear top in The Hague my delivery of mine Diablo 3 C.E will not come tommorow thanks to bol.com. Unbelievable how they messed this up.

garath

I just now heard about the hellfire ring. What is so good about it and will it be useful post RoS?

It's primary draw is a 35% xp bonus and it's usable by any level character with level 60 stats.

As a ring it's ok. I used it for a little bit but the two I rolled are not better than my current rings.

There will be a level 70 version after RoS.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Good night everyone :)!

DSmalls84

Yoshichan's progress is mindblowing! I remember being in a similar state of awe when I saw his progress in the FFX HD thread. He is a gaming machine.

BigDug13

I wasn't a big fan of the dogs at all. Their damage is so low compared to fetishes/garg. I prefer to just use those two and then run with Zombie Wall/Offensive line for crowd control. Definitely lots of options though.

As for Garg I usually rune him so that he does massive damage for 15 seconds. I usually alternate popping Mass Confusion/BBV runed for damage and then use Garg on top of that as I encounter elites. Garg destroys them.

Didn't you read what I wrote? I don't use zombie dogs. I use the passive rune to get 3 of them then I change out the passive rune to a better one and the dogs remain. It's 3 free dogs. I don't use a skill for it at all once they spawn.

I'm not sure if it's intended to work this way but it does. There's no excuse for a witch doctor to not have 3 basic dogs since it costs you nothing but the inconvenience of swapping out a passive rune until the 3 dogs spawn.

You only stand to gain by using this technique if you don't want zombie dogs skill on your hotbar.

N1nJar

Congratulations Yoshi, that is frickin' awesome. I am in awe!

I've really gotten into D3 now. Finished the campaign for the first time today, and having lots of fun with my level 49 wiz. I'll get there one day!

Boogdud

I haven't tried anything on WD except for this (Fetishes Build) build. That sounds tempting.

I've been doing a build similar to that "Ohms'" build in the link you sent. I started WD as my first char at launch, gave up after beating regular and went on to DH and Barb and never went back. Finishing leveling him now on hard/expert and having a blast now. I'm about 58 atm, but so far I've been running:

Spirit Barrage - well of souls
Acid Rain - acid rain

Soul Harvest - swallow your soul
Haunt - grasping spirit
Spirit Walk - honored guest
Big Bad Voodoo- rain dance

Mostly I just spam acid rain, and single target with spirit barrage, if I get close to losing mana I'll walk or throw down vodoo and I can pretty much just hold down acid rain until everything is dead.

Not sure how that will hold up in the future, but I didn't realize they buffed pets so I basically made a build that didn't use them because they sucked so bad in 1.0. Guess I could try one of those builds but this one just murdalizes everything at this level with gear 2.0.

I think I remember Yoshichan from my IGN Insider Board days...

He was peddling Ikaruga for GCN at the time (along with the old school NES GCN controller). I ended up ordering both because of him.

He's a mysterious Yoshi that chan is...

DSmalls84

Didn't you read what I wrote? I don't use zombie dogs. I use the passive rune to get 3 of them then I change out the passive rune to a better one and the dogs remain. It's 3 free dogs. I don't use a skill for it at all once they spawn.

I'm not sure if it's intended to work this way but it does. There's no excuse for a witch doctor to not have 3 basic dogs since it costs you nothing but the inconvenience of swapping out a passive rune until the 3 dogs spawn.

You only stand to gain by using this technique if you don't want zombie dogs skill on your hotbar.

Sorry, missed that part about being able to retain them once the passive changes. As long as their free and don't use a slot use away. Still not a huge fan of them in general though.

Ferrio

Banned
Don't know if my question got answered but is there any reason to lvl to 60 post release opposed to prerelease? Or does the 2.0 include everything you'd encounter whether you get the expansion or not?

Don't know if my question got answered but is there any reason to lvl to 60 post release opposed to prerelease? Or does the 2.0 include everything you'd encounter whether you get the expansion or not?

Not really, unless you want to level to 60 completely in adventure mode and skip the story stuff you've already seen. The 2.0 act 1-4 experience won't change.

Chaos17

Regional Launch Times
Reaper of Souls will launch at different times in each Diablo III gameplay region. Please see the below list to learn when the expansion will be available in your preferred region.

- For Asia, the expansion will be available to play at 11:00 a.m. PDT on March 24.
3:00 a.m. KST on March 25
2:00 a.m. CST on March 25

- For Europe, the expansion will be available to play at 4:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
23:00 GMT on March 24
00:00 CET on March 25
01:00 EET on March 25
03:00 MSK on March 25

- For the Americas, the expansion will be available to play on 9:00 p.m. PDT on March 24.
10:00 p.m. MDT on March 24
11:00 p.m. CDT on March 24
12:00 a.m. EDT on March 25
1:00 a.m. ADT on March 25
1:30 a.m. NDT on March 25
12:00 p.m. SGT on March 25
3:00 p.m. AEDT on March 25

Source : https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13...medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEUPromo

Zemm

Can someone answer this for me. If I complete act 5 on my witch doctor, I can start a level 1 crusader and level him via Adventure Mode?

BigDug13

Sorry, missed that part about being able to retain them once the passive changes. As long as their free and don't use a slot use away. Still not a huge fan of them in general though.

3 dogs is 36% additional damage and they are absorbing hits that you and garg don't have to eat. There's no reason not to use that to your advantage when it's free.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

pre-release means you can keep your paragon levels and those bonuses as you assign them. post-release means you can't get those paragon levels until after 70.

so IMHO a small reason to rush past level 60 pre-RoS if you want, but not "you're crazy if you do/don't".

bottom line get RoS as soon as you can, but don't fret anything you do in-game before that. It will still benefit you.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
http://i2.minus.com/iwXyAsyaERCnr.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[URL="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234"]340[/URL]!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/VtX5tZ5.gif

lol, good job though - I mostly did CotA, Whimsyshire and the Storm Halls. Can't claim to have taken the high road here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom