• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidguts

man, I'm 65 and nothing has dropped anything over level 61 yet.. I'm pretty far in I think. is this a bug? even a legendary I got at 64 was 61.. o_o

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I know everyone's been raving about Blessed Hammer because its a throwback to D2....

But blessed shield is the real deal. Holy shit its good.

plenilune

What difficulty do people recommend playing Crusader in Hardcore (PL200 with hellfire ring) if I were to play him 1-70 in one difficulty setting? Do I have to finish Act V before playing on Torment I+? I want T1 for the set drops, but I fear it would be too risky in HC.

RS4-

Is there an archive of the twitch thing?

These boss encounters are more involved lol. Anyway hit 65, just finished the briarthorn. Place was massive.

Going to have to play around with the monk epiphany set tomorrow

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Got my Wizard to 70, and my Crusader is 65, it's 6am but I can't sleep yet, I need to get him to 70 first! I am really, really tired now though. RoS is just too fucking great.

plake

Act 5 is great. Final boss is TOUGH.

Went from 140k dmg and 800k toughness to 320 k dmg and 5,4 mil toughness in a few hours. ROS rocks :D so fun and rewarding. Only had time to try one bounty but it seems perfect as in its the randomised mode D3 needs.

Almost in upgrade territory, it seems... almost. I may even get one by the time I hit 70.

nFQb9dJ.jpg

Music is a significant improvement over vanilla D3's. The boss battle against
Urzael
is one of the coolest and most demanding fights in the game so far.

Westonian

Got to level 67 before the first boss fight. Very similar to the butcher. Had to lower the difficulty from T1 to Master, because with my pathetic lvl 60 gear I was getting rocked.

Loving the new settings! Little side mission had me rescue a family from looters. Made me feel like freaking Batman!

Haven't tried the adventure mode yet. Have to work tomorrow, so it's bed time. Stupid job. And I have class tomorrow evening. Stupid school.

Hit 67 right at the first real boss, kind of surprised at how fast the leveling is going. I think starting at Torment 2 was kind of a mistake, if you don't already have great gear you level faster than you get upgrades. Found this which was a pretty good upgrade for my monk:

Got to level 67 before the first boss fight. Very similar to the butcher. Had to lower the difficulty from T1 to Master, because with my pathetic lvl 60 gear I was getting rocked.

Same here, I was playing on Master (because I just dinged 60 the day before) and I had to lower to expert to beat the first boss.

Whooter

I'm liking that the posting has died down here in the thread since NA launch. It means people are actually in and playing, rather than here bitching that they can't get in an play.

:)

Kvik

So , did Blizz actually deliver on the upper world randomisation promise? Are the environment tiles actually Gothic-themed, or just a grey retextures of Act 3 Cellars?

Bradach

I played a couple of hours of act 5 with my barb last night. Got to lvl 64.
I'm not sure if it's brilliant because I was starved of new content or because it's actually brilliant. Either way I'm having a blast.
And the gear.... Goddamn!

Last 2 episodes of breaking bad season 5 tonight followed by a few hours of RoS. Good times!

Thoraxes

Fuuuuuuck my CE won't be in the mail till tomorrow.

Also, UPS usually comes right as I leave for work at night, so no playing for at least another 24 hours for me ;___;

Melville

Anybody else think that the Vengeful Phantasms (and any reskins of the usually silvery blue ghost monster) have some insane burst damage?

Yes, they destroyed 80% of my health in two seconds every time I encountered one. Insane damage compared to every other monsters in the act.

anthym

Neo Member
Played with 3 friends on t1 to the first boss. We completely wiped the first time we fought him. Figured him out and played more conservatively the 2nd time. Game is fucking amazing. We all logged after we beat him to get some sleep. Level 67 now. So far found 2 legs that I can't use lol. Oh and piranha is so awesome!

Read up on Tiered Rifts more, they're essentially a pseudo-endless dungeon system with leaderboards. Every time you clear a Tiered Rift, you get a keystone to a progressively more difficult rift, until you finally die, and your progress and time is recorded.

Skunkers

Can't play for about another 10 hours or so, when my CE gets delivered. But, I read you can only learn to transmog Legendaries when you first identify them? So there's no way for me to transmog new gear to look like my current set of Legendaries without finding and identifying them again? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Got my Cusader up to lvl20, just after
Cain dies.
I have work tomorrow so I guess that's good enough for now.

Oh they extended upon the followers? I love them!

Each of them has at least one optional quest (may be more, haven't beaten Act V yet), and they have more dialogue and commentary like the artisans.

Stopping for the night now, have class in the afternoon. Hit a big difficulty spike at Pandemonium, think I need to craft some gear.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
While I'm enjoying RoS this whole level 61 item drop bug is really ruining it a bit. Really hope they fix it quickly.

kirblar

It's amazing how 2 hours of this expansion evokes more genuine emotion through storytelling (surprising me w/ the
sadness of the Throne Room scene
) than the entirety of the previous game.

Instro

man, I'm 65 and nothing has dropped anything over level 61 yet.. I'm pretty far in I think. is this a bug? even a legendary I got at 64 was 61.. o_o

I don't know if its a bug but I hit 65 a little bit ago and the only thing to drop above 61 was a leg at 65.

Anyway really pleased with the expansion so far, already the best act in the game by far. The new music is really good, solid writing so far, tons of mini events, lots of volume and variety in the monsters. Great stuff. I've been trucking through on t1 atm but gear is starting to become an issue, not sure why I'm only getting 61 drops even though I'm 65.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom