• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT| Once again! The Sound of HAMMERS is GLORIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMarker

Amazon upgraded me from "Pre-ordered" to "Not Yet Shipped" at midnight.

ihnlhbzqo5zmbq6cbp.gif

whoop-de-fucking-doo

Haven't even touched Act V, just been playing through the campaign with a Crusader, named him Malleus, on Master with three others. It's a really fun and versatile class, it's nice to have that mix of melee, mid and long range attacks. Got him up to 31 at the midway point of Act 2 before I had to call it a night. Really glad I went with the digital version so i could start playing right away.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is this live? going to give it a try since a friend of mine gave it for xmas, would be rude not to at least try it. Im also more into melee classes these days so I can at least enjoy the new class now, certainly more than I would some months ago when I only played ranged / spell type dudes

Zemm

Can't play for about another 10 hours or so, when my CE gets delivered. But, I read you can only learn to transmog Legendaries when you first identify them? So there's no way for me to transmog new gear to look like my current set of Legendaries without finding and identifying them again? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

Nope, I just taransmoged a new piece of gear with a very old legendary.

kirblar

So, how is the atmosphere? Closer to D1/D2? Or is it still more WoW/Dota overall? Anyone using DarkD3 with the exapnsion?
Incredibly mature/gothic and its own separate beast from D3 Vanilla/WoW/D1-2. There really isn't a need to do any type of alteration- it's awesome as is. Only bad thing is that the other Acts aren't like this (and that we aren't getting VI/VII/VIII today.)

I'm now glad I spent all the time playing in 2.0 now. I went from 0 to 200 paragon and got gear that got me to level 70 without getting a single damage upgrade (though I had like four toughness upgrades).

sqwarlock

Act V is completed, although I never touched torment at all during my time. Started at master and lowered to expert about halfway through. Went to hard during the last chapter just to get to the end. Still ended up at level 67 though.

Also ENDING SPOILERS
Does the ending leave an opening for another expansion? Or is it setting up D4? Diablo being free again and the nephalim potentially being corrupted somewhere down the line seem like a nice big opening.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cool it is live. so...I havent played D3 in many months, little help? just booted it up and I want to start the new class, its asking me to choose a difficulty level, thats...new. what do I do? go with normal since its a new character? the tabs are saying harder difficulties are for when you already have reaper of souls gear?

Cipherr

Alrighty thats enough for me tonight. Cleared Act V, opened Adventure mode which is the BEST thing to happen to this game in forever, and cleared a Neph rift. Upgraded quite a few pieces of gear, and the marq gems rain from the sky. Fun stuff.

Glad I got the campaign out of the way though, it sucks so bad. I started it on Torment, but had to lower the tier by Malthael, hes hard as fuck on torment if you dont have a lot of upgrades yet.

scy

Act V done. Did most of it in Torment II but switched to Torment I at the end to get it done faster.

All my loot drops suck still ;__;

Skunkers

Nope, I just taransmoged a new piece of gear with a very old legendary.

Thank you so much for that. I was pretty pissed; I have the metalest looking female Wizard in the history of Wizards. She looks so metal it makes me want to stick my face in a bear trap. I was tripping out thinking I would have to find the gear again (meaning it probably would never happen).

Finished the act and have been doing adventure mode.

Jesus christ this is fun. This shits all over vanilla D3. It's not even comparable. Omg I am back in love with Diablo.

Anilusion

I'm picking up RoS tonight but I realized I just reset my quests on my DH... can I start on act 5 anyway or do I have to play through the entire game first?

Robin64

Act V is basically "You'll never want to play the other Acts again"

Except in Adventure Mode because Adventure Mode is THE FUCKING BOMB.

I love Adventure Mode! Going to level my Crusader exclusively through that. Just one Bounty got her to level 5. Dayum!

Daedalux

Neo Member
do it. My expectations were relatively high and they have been exceeded. And that's after a few hours in Act 5, I haven't even got to adventure mode or made a crusader yet!

That post was enough for Blizz to get me moneys.

Thanks, I've pulled it!

Robin64

So how is Act V guys? Without spoilers and without the added hype please.

It is noticably better than all the other acts. There is a lot more going on, more optional stuff, the setting is wonderful and the music is beautiful. The bosses are much more involved, too. Really slick act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom