• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addnan

I finally found a damn crossbow worth using. All those mats wasted on trying to craft a barb and it didn't even come close to this. Other than getting unlucky with the pierce number the rest is great.

krMlvhY.png

Dahbomb

If things stay similar to current PTR, then season 3 will be filled with Barbarians like S2 was filled with Monks.

Barbs have a better WW (starts up faster, smoother animation from Rend), viable Rend build, the Bulkathos dual wield set is actually good, the WW set is good, the WOTB Bracers are great and the IK set is broken (will be tuned from broken to great). The IK set makes a bunch of previously unused Legendaries much more powerful as it also buffs your procs (return of TF/Odyn Son/SoH??).

DH and Wizards will be next most used. Both got a reworked set and a brand new set along with new Legendaries. DHs have the RoV belt which is very nice and Wizards have those Meteor boots. Tal Rasha and Nat set also work like IK where it's a global damage bonus and your procs become much stronger.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
barb ik is going to get nerfed, but hopefully they do it intelligently by making it so the ik bonus only affects cota and spenders so that it doesn't work with vile wards

right now ik is basically raekor's but with single target damage thanks to people running the vile wards multiplicative dmg increase with IK's 500% multiplicative damage increase lol--so you clear the entire rift in 3 minutes and then you actually have the single target damage to kill a rift guardian at a decent speed.

Barbs have a better WW (starts up faster, smoother animation from Rend), viable Rend build, the Bulkathos dual wield set is actually good, the WW set is good, the WOTB Bracers are great and the IK set is broken (will be tuned from broken to great). The IK set makes a bunch of previously unused Legendaries much more powerful as it also buffs your procs (return of TF/Odyn Son/SoH??).

How does it buff procs? Or are you just referring to the big attack speed boost from permanent wotb? Or you just mean the damage bonus straight up modifies procs. Yeah, SoH/Odyn Son ww barb the dream :D.

Baliis

How does it buff procs? Or are you just referring to the big attack speed boost from permanent wotb? Or you just mean the damage bonus straight up modifies procs. Yeah, SoH/Odyn Son ww barb the dream :D.

The 500% buff from the set applies to everything you do.

Also, I don't think anyone is running vile wards? T6 is hilariously easy just doing whatever the fuck build you want. Doing 4raekors/6IK is pretty fun though.

Dahbomb

IK doesn't just do Furious Charge better than Raekors...

It does WW much better than the full WW set. It does Rend better than the Rend set plus the Rend belt.

Basically any build you theory craft on Barb and combine with IK6 will out perform a fully dedicated build. That's a massive imbalance.

I think the value needs to be halved at 250% or even 200%. Having the damage affect everything makes procs a lot stronger which by extension makes a lot of previous Legendaries very viable. They just need to tweak the values so that running IK6 WW doesn't out perform WW set 6 PC.

ElyrionX

I finally found a damn crossbow worth using. All those mats wasted on trying to craft a barb and it didn't even come close to this. Other than getting unlucky with the pierce number the rest is great.

krMlvhY.png

I've found two of these. Yes, Ancient version. And they both came with 1 pierce. It's infuriating that they make such important stats variable.

Jedi2016

It does WW much better than the full WW set. It does Rend better than the Rend set plus the Rend belt.

Basically any build you theory craft on Barb and combine with IK6 will out perform a fully dedicated build. That's a massive imbalance.

I think the value needs to be halved at 250% or even 200%. Having the damage affect everything makes procs a lot stronger which by extension makes a lot of previous Legendaries very viable. They just need to tweak the values so that running IK6 WW doesn't out perform WW set 6 PC.
But... I already have a full IK set just waiting for the patch.. :(

lol

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I was having a lot of trouble keeping the wrath going for Roland's, but Shield Glare: Zealous Glare + In-Geom helps out a lot. Looking forward to getting the 6 piece bonus to see what that looks like. It seems like it should sustain itself in crowds with shield bash refreshing the glare, then the glare giving wrath, all at +150% attack speed, so it should be pretty crazy. Feels like a combo in Magic: the Gathering.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

It does, actually. It doesn't do sustained furious charge better (the charge is just a filler in this case), but charging into a pack of elites with a bunch of whites surrounding them for billions of damage is pretty insane.

Dahbomb

I am not saying IK can't out do Raekor, quite the opposite actually. I am saying on top of out performing Raekor when it comes to Furious charge build it ALSO out performs Rend/WW set with those skills.

Raticus79

Bah, Bane of the Stricken isn't dropping in S3 either. I got all the other gems including Iceblink, but not that one.

Addnan

Should have kept the Vit :p

Got an Etrayu last night so I'm trying a cold M6... But I'm not sure which skills I should be using, any tips? I've got a quiver with 20% cold too, once I roll CC on it I'll use that.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/56997369

Or should I swap back to fire? I have a fire SoJ.

This video covers the cold build well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...Eep1mReVfkt&src_vid=cUh23kLr7io&v=wOafimwdpzg

Get rid of all those all res gems. You don't need to stay alive, your job is to kill.

I play the fire build, but not sure how good it is for solo play. Cold might be a bit better for solo.

Radec

damn, Quin's serenity cold monk looks good in GR53.

Needs 76+ CDR though.

Still haven't seen a single Az.

wtf blizzard.

Any idea when 2.2 will be out? I reallyvwant to get play this again. So excited to go back to maining Wiz.

April/May or something like that. They'll give a 2weeks warning when Season 2 will end, and I assume they'll patch 2.2 right away after it ends. I'd expect it to stay on PTR for 2-4weeks more or so, depending on wether or not they want to remake the sets again or if they're content with what they have and just tweak numbers. Obviously, since it's Blizzard, it could be a lot more than that.

Grampasso

Got an Etrayu last night so I'm trying a cold M6... But I'm not sure which skills I should be using, any tips? I've got a quiver with 20% cold too, once I roll CC on it I'll use that.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Akai-1649/hero/56997369

Or should I swap back to fire? I have a fire SoJ.
- To fully unleash the M6 power you need the rarest quiver, Bombardier's Rucksack, which will let you cast 2 more sentries and have 500% increased dmg where they're all active.
- Try to find another pair of Mara boots, I don't know what was the stat you rerolled originally but leaving that 10% MS was not wise. Remember that now with Mara you have all the companions out, and ferrets passively give you 10% MS. Seing as you're already PL 384 you don't have problems filling the gap with the remaining MS (15%), maximizing your hatred and putting some spare points in DEX/VIT.
- I know ancient Wraps are good, but I'd craft a pair having at least cold dmg or CHC from the get go, even if they're not ancient. So you can reroll one of the other stats to the missing one (Cold or CHC) and have both. I think those would be a dmg increase even over the ancient ones.
- Gems in chest and pants should be all emeralds
- Enforcer gem is not so good anymore, better go with Zei's Stone of Vengeance IMHO.
- Try to get bonus dmg on skills, Cluster Arrow on Quiver, Feet and Head, Sentry on Shoulders and Chest
- Unity ring is your friend if you want to stay alive more. You need 2 of them (one must be equipped on one of your follower) and the follower legendary relic that will make them immortal.

strafer

So If I pick up a certain plan for a weapon at level 30, does that mean I can only make a level 30 of that weapon or will that change depending on my level.

Or will I have to find that weapon plan again when Im max level?

So If I pick up a certain plan for a weapon at level 30, does that mean I can only make a level 30 of that weapon or will that change depending on my level.

Or will I have to find that weapon plan again when Im max level?

There's 2 versions of every plan, a pre 60 vanilla version which have varying levels(for example Cain's set is like lvl 20 or whatever and that's the only level you can craft of it) and then a 70 version that was released for RoS of all of them(so there's a 70 cain set too). If you got a 30 legendary plan, it'll only make lvl 30 weapons, until you find the level 70 version which makes lvl 70. You probably shouldn't bother crafting legendaries while leveling other than the Cain set for xp bonus though.

Akai XIII

- To fully unleash the M6 power you need the rarest quiver, Bombardier's Rucksack, which will let you cast 2 more sentries and have 500% increased dmg where they're all active.
- Try to find another pair of Mara boots, I don't know what was the stat you rerolled originally but leaving that 10% MS was not wise. Remember that now with Mara you have all the companions out, and ferrets passively give you 10% MS. Seing as you're already PL 384 you don't have problems filling the gap with the remaining MS (15%), maximizing your hatred and putting some spare points in DEX/VIT.
- I know ancient Wraps are good, but I'd craft a pair having at least cold dmg or CHC from the get go, even if they're not ancient. So you can reroll one of the other stats to the missing one (Cold or CHC) and have both. I think those would be a dmg increase even over the ancient ones.
- Gems in chest and pants should be all emeralds
- Enforcer gem is not so good anymore, better go with Zei's Stone of Vengeance IMHO.
- Try to get bonus dmg on skills, Cluster Arrow on Quiver, Feet and Head, Sentry on Shoulders and Chest
- Unity ring is your friend if you want to stay alive more. You need 2 of them (one must be equipped on one of your follower) and the follower legendary relic that will make them immortal.
I have the bombadier off season. I'll keep looking for it.

It was a bad +skill damage modifier so I swapped it out.

Yeah ill craft some more wraps, they were a leftover from my monk.

They're all emeralds now, not maxed but I haven't got enough at the moment. It's floored my res tho 500ish in places.

I'll swap the gem out... I've already rolled to some of those skill modifiers.

I'm chasing the unifies for my monk - I know all about it (check my non season chars, tho they haven't been played since GRs were introduced).

neoism

Any idea when 2.2 will be out? I reallyvwant to get play this again. So excited to go back to maining Wiz.

Im thinking instead of mid to late June it will probably be in May for the anniversary.
Seasons should really be shorter... I played for like two weeks straight like I was on crack or something and then the feel just stopped... hell I wish they where only 1 month... I made a DH to 70 for the first time and sadly cant get a feel for it.. I got help leveling her and dont really know the best skills... plus pretty sure you have to use the notmove button or whatever its called and I dont really like the kitting gameplay. I only use a 11 button mouse to play this game.. I dont use the keyboard at all.. So other than trying for all ancient items on my monk or make a barb not really sure what to do for the next 2 months... really glad for bloodborne coming in two weeks..

Finally got a Bombardier's on live season today. Based Kadala.

It's pretty good but still sort of a side grade from my other ancient quiver besides the effect of course.

Still looking for another piece or two of the set, but they have to replace ancient pieces :/

Dreavus

Where's a good place to farm reusable parts? I have 30 or so souls and I want to go for an Ancient craftable weapon to get me going. 80 reusable parts per craft is an absolute killer though...

Addnan

Finally got a Bombardier's on live season today. Based Kadala.

It's pretty good but still sort of a side grade from my other ancient quiver besides the effect of course.

Still looking for another piece or two of the set, but they have to replace ancient pieces :/

That side grade is 200% extra damage.

Where's a good place to farm reusable parts? I have 30 or so souls and I want to go for an Ancient craftable weapon to get me going. 80 reusable parts per craft is an absolute killer though...

Act V battlefields of eternity on normal/hard

Raticus79

List of the items which will be S3-exclusive:

Dead Man's Legacy (rework)
Dread Iron (rework)
Nagelring (rework)
Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac (rework)
Hammer Belt (Placeholder Name)
Ranslor's Folly
Little Man's Finger
Spirit Guards
Iceblink (Legendary gem)
Mutilation Guard (Legendary gem)
Bottomless Potion of Amplification

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16542805091?page=1#1

Bane of the Stricken was scrapped. (Bah!)

iirate

So wait, when does Season 3 begin? I can't believe they're testing it already after how long we saw Season 1 to 2 stretched.

They're aiming for May. The plan is to have a shorter season cycle from now on, with new content patches heralding the end of the current season.

inter

I'm at the point where all I need for my monk is a Torch or Furnace. Is it even worth trying gamble them or should I just try to upgrade my armor pieces and wait for one to drop?

New Dead Man's Legacy with the new Unhallowed Essence set and a Buriza is pretty good. Also trying out the new Focus/Restraint which is decent, but I think for pushing high solo rifts you'd still want something like Unity and RoRG (depending on what set pieces you have) or SoJ. Particularly since the 6-set will take up all set slots, RoRG only saves you one spot for a one-off piece. Maybe Depth Diggers, dunno.

If I want to join the NEOGAF Europe group, I just submit a request to join in-game?

Or do I have send a message in addition, to show I'm a gaffer?

Currently playing through the game again, didn't play since expansion came out. Pretty, preeee-tty, preeeee-tty kewl game, still.

Akai XIII

If I want to join the NEOGAF Europe group, I just submit a request to join in-game?

Or do I have send a message in addition, to show I'm a gaffer?

Currently playing through the game again, didn't play since expansion came out. Pretty, preeee-tty, preeeee-tty kewl game, still.
Send me a message: Akai#1649

Went back to non season and botched together a physical Raekor set... 5 minutes later I was breezing through GR 30ish. Not bad. Just need some Vile Wards and rings with sockets.

Tinkered with some gear and used a gift to make a godly Torch. And I got an Inna's helm! Still need some other pieces for the build I want though, particularly the Sunwoko amulet.

My DH definitely feels more powerful though, even if the paper stats are similar or better on my monk now.

Kinda want to play more PTR, kinda don't with the dearth of blue mats in season. The best source is greater rift guardians it seems. And I'm not sure I want to deal with acquiring/leveling gems to properly test builds. Don't know if it's wise to spoil myself leveling another class on season there besides the DH I did.

Saya

After 500+ Paragon levels in Season 2, I finally found a Templar relic to make my follower immortal. I immediately set to work on see how I can go on the Monk GR ladder, but I seem to be stuck around GR40.

How do you guys play solo Monk in the higher GRs (40+)? I seem to die a bit too much.

What are the recommended passives and gems? I currently mostly use the gems Bane of the Trapped, Taeguk, and Gogok/Bane of the Powerful.

Here's my profile:

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php?action=action_showchar&hid=815148

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/saegon-1864/Korra/43980369

Addnan

After 500+ Paragon levels in Season 2, I finally found a Templar relic to make my follower immortal. I immediately set to work on see how I can go on the Monk GR ladder, but I seem to be stuck around GR40.

How do you guys play solo Monk in the higher GRs (40+)? I seem to die a bit too much.

What are the recommended passives and gems? I currently mostly use the gems Bane of the Trapped, Taeguk, and Gogok/Bane of the Powerful.

Here's my profile:

http://www.diablo3ladder.com/index.php?action=action_showchar&hid=815148

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/saegon-1864/Korra/43980369
Your passives, skills and gems are fine. You could drop your third gem for gizzard or the all res gem.

Get elite damage reduction rolled into your chest. Crit damage on your amulet for this build. Wave of light damage on your boots. You are missing secondary resist on your gloves, unity and boots. Get better ones.

Cassius

Having trouble getting the rest of my Akkhans set to drop for my Crusader.

Only have 2 pieces so far and I'm at 103 paragon. =(

Saya

Your passives, skills and gems are fine. You could drop your third gem for gizzard or the all res gem.

Get elite damage reduction rolled into your chest. Crit damage on your amulet for this build. Wave of light damage on your boots. You are missing secondary resist on your gloves, unity and boots. Get better ones.

Thanks! Will do. Will also craft an Aughild shoulders and bracers for some more damage reduction and elite damage.

Just cleared a 41. I think I can push higher though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom