• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Baliis

When should I be doing Greater Rifts? I'm handling T5 alright rn and just opened since its one of 3 season challenges i have left and I was barely denting the first mob lol

Greater rifts you pick the level for. T5 is like 22/23 maybe? You wanna do a GR20 at least to get the two set pieces if you haven't already. Otherwise you at least wanna do some to get your legendary gems, they're a big power boost.

Shifty76

OK I guess the game wants me to go opm rather than Uliana after all.

Ancient torch followed by a 20% fire dmg swk ammy that I rolled a perfect 100% cd on. Too bad it doesn't have cc.

Thanks guys. One other questio, where should my paragon pts be going?

Depends on the build, honestly. Some like CDR more than Crit or Crit Damage. For the first page, you usually want to max movement speed first. Defense page usually it's armor or all res first, followed by the other. And the last page it's either resource cost reduction or area damage, followed by the other, then Life on Hit. If you're a support though, you wouldn't take area damage.

Fist of Az is impossible to find. Seriously, I got a Furnace before one, and I've been upgrading rare fists all day.

Finally got an Oculus Ring too for my support build, but it's crap - gonna have to reforge it at some point.

Need a second Unity too here at some point.

Shifty76

Fist of Az is impossible to find. Seriously, I got a Furnace before one, and I've been upgrading rare fists all day.

Finally got an Oculus Ring too for my support build, but it's crap - gonna have to reforge it at some point.

Oculus is amazing on a follower. I got two FoA's last night. One was ancient. Shit rolls, but better than what I had.

Harl3

RNGesus gave me a Fist of Az in my second rare upgrade, but I still can't find a Furnace...

At least there are not builds that need it.

Did someone get lucky with The Compass Rose ring? These things always have awful rolls.

Radec

Cube some rare Fist weapon.

Dreavus

Blasted to T7 on a DH with the free set. Not sure where to take the build from here but the set bonuses are really awesome right out of the gate. Is it worth trying to up pet damage for the companions?

Ran GR75 on my support monk with my buddy who's a wizard and I felt really squishy. Part of it was bad luck with the horrors exploding, but still. Anyone else having this experience? I'm trying to keep my buffs up best I can and I'm spamming crippling wave/cyclone as much as I can. My paragon level is decent (650ish) and I have all the gear for it but it's not 100% optimal (this is the build I'm following: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/79102-2-4-1-innas-support-monk). I've never done GRs this high so am I reaching the point where I need ancients/perfectly optimized gear rolls?

moojito

Blasted to T7 on a DH with the free set. Not sure where to take the build from here but the set bonuses are really awesome right out of the gate. Is it worth trying to up pet damage for the companions?

Apparently it's not worth it, you get more damage from gems which affect yourself rather than the one that affects your pets. If some gear you have has +sentry damage on it, that's fine though.

Personally I spent some time running t6-7 rifts and levelling up my legendary gems to 25 and along the way found all 6 pieces of the UE set, and was lucky enough to get an ancient yang's recurve. That set is incredible and I was able to crank it right up to T10 after getting it.

eek5

Ran GR75 on my support monk with my buddy who's a wizard and I felt really squishy. Part of it was bad luck with the horrors exploding, but still. Anyone else having this experience? I'm trying to keep my buffs up best I can and I'm spamming crippling wave/cyclone as much as I can. My paragon level is decent (650ish) and I have all the gear for it but it's not 100% optimal (this is the build I'm following: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/79102-2-4-1-innas-support-monk). I've never done GRs this high so am I reaching the point where I need ancients/perfectly optimized gear rolls?

Are you running full meta because WD and Barb both make you significantly tankier FWIW

Alone it will feel squishy because it really is squishy :p

Are you running full meta because WD and Barb both make you significantly tankier FWIW

Alone it will feel squishy because it really is squishy :p

No, it's just my wiz (firebird archon) friend and I. I was looking at the top leaderboards for 2s and the build isn't different from running 4s, so I wasn't sure if I was missing something. :/ Maybe it was just bad luck with that particular rift (we cleared it, but barely). Good to know it is squishy without the added support classes!

Cipherr

Why arent open space map tiles in Greater Rifts? Has anyone ever asked about that and gotten an answer? As I fish for rifts and get barracks 90% of the time Im wondering why if the open space maps are good enough for regular rifts that a few of them arent in the pool for greaters?

Its literally cut down to like 70% close quarters corridor tiles.

moojito

I'm having a lot of fun (and probably getting some RSI) with my tal'rasha/firebird spectral blade build, while I wait for my wand of woh to show up.
I'm melting stuff in t10, but at the same time I'll randomly just drop dead with no idea what killed me. The firebirds 2-set bonus is eating the instagibs most of the time, but often it'll knock me out of my zen-like trance and I'll die a second time in quick succession.

Might stick at t9 and farm in relative safety for now, though none of the upgrades I'm waiting for offer any more toughness or survivability so I'm not sure how people manage to walk t10 so smoothly with these builds. I suppose flashfire just keeps on truckin' so isn't hit with whatever it is that's killing me.

edit: never mind, just equipped a restraint to go with my focus. Turns out things dying in a fraction of a second does wonders for your longevity!

eek5

port.PNG

yissss after ice left someone invited me to sir william game :D

I'm having a lot of fun (and probably getting some RSI) with my tal'rasha/firebird spectral blade build, while I wait for my wand of woh to show up.
I'm melting stuff in t10, but at the same time I'll randomly just drop dead with no idea what killed me. The firebirds 2-set bonus is eating the instagibs most of the time, but often it'll knock me out of my zen-like trance and I'll die a second time in quick succession.

Might stick at t9 and farm in relative safety for now, though none of the upgrades I'm waiting for offer any more toughness or survivability so I'm not sure how people manage to walk t10 so smoothly with these builds. I suppose flashfire just keeps on truckin' so isn't hit with whatever it is that's killing me.

edit: never mind, just equipped a restraint to go with my focus. Turns out things dying in a fraction of a second does wonders for your longevity!

For TX try running goldwrap with boon of hoarder it'll basically make you invincible too. I don't need it but I run it anyway because it'll let you face tank those molten explosions which speeds up runs a little bit.Also you'll pick up like 10-20 mil gold per run which adds up and lets you empower more grs.

Radec

Finally got my pleb monk to one punch everything except RG and Gobs in TX(4P). Also got to GR70 after using unity+torch sunwuko. I miss the In-geom in TX though. :/

Cipherr

I finished the GR75 achievement yesterday on my DH after fishing for a rift that wasn't corvus or barracks.... Took forever. But I managed to do that with no Caldesans despair on any pieces of gear. That feels SUPER bloated in comparison to last season.

Still not liking this class though. Its fragile as fuck, and any attempt to do anything to keep your DH from being so squishy is instantly met with the realization that you have sacrificed too much damage to clear anything. Its unreal how this class see-saws with damage/survivability in comparison to my Wizard last season.

Last season I had a lot of fun fine tuning just the right amount survivability vs damage to progress, but this fucking class is just 'Stack ALL the dps, and dodge everything, because everything 1 shots you'.

Trash ass class. Really wish I had played a monk.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Crusader? I'm just now playing this game for the first time, and at level 20 I'm finding him to be a little boring. What's more, I feel like my friend, a Witch Doctor, does waaaaaaaay more damage than I do. My regular attacks hardly damage enemies, which is frustrating. I played D2 as a Paladin for hundreds of hours, so I'm surprised I'm not digging the Crusader. Could I be doing something wrong?

Maybe I'll switch to Monk or Demon Hunter...

Baliis

What are everyone's thoughts on the Crusader? I'm just now playing this game for the first time, and at level 20 I'm finding him to be a little boring. What's more, I feel like my friend, a Witch Doctor, does waaaaaaaay more damage than I do. My regular attacks hardly damage enemies, which is frustrating. I played D2 as a Paladin for hundreds of hours, so I'm surprised I'm not digging the Crusader. Could I be doing something wrong?

What set are you using?

Baliis

I'm not even close to being far enough for equipment sets to be a thing. It's why I'm considering leveling up another character to 20.

Oh. I mean, really nothing about the game matters until you hit 70 and get a set. WDs are pretty good at leveling I feel though, you get haunt at 12 and it's a fantastic spell all the way to 70. Really any character is fine for leveling though. If you actually optimize, it only takes a few hours max as any class

Sober

Try out smite as a generator if you don't like punish or slash. If you aren't using punish don't focus too much on your shield or using bash/shield toss as those are buffed off your shield immensely.

Smite/sweep attack or smite/fist is usually a safe choice. Just grab whatever if you get a legendary comes your way in favour of it. Otherwise I'd say, steed charge to keep pace, law of valour for dps, try out falling sword/akarat's champion for big bursts.

TheYanger

Crusaders can be pretty trudg-y and slow early on. You're going to be walking up, building wrath with slow attacks and spending it with slow attacks, primarily in melee range. It's not for everyone. The damage is fine, but it's hardly flashy or engaging at times. That said you're also durable and can go toe to toe with most mobs much more easily.

Sober

Honestly tonight at 70 I finally just got the shield toss shield and both the flails (cube the 1h, use the 2h) and finally do I feel like I've been making progress. before even with 6pc Akkhans it felt really clumsy.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I don't know what it is i can't be bothered to play this season :( i love the game but it has me burned out for some reason.

Same here. There's nothing really interesting going on this season, that's it. Nothing really exciting. And the only gameplay-related thing to aim for this season is a new stash tab, which we already got 2 of last season.

Xanathus

At this moment i couldn't be bothered to many new games i am already playing,stellaris,doom,uncharted 4 and next up no man's sky.

Well yeah it's not like the season is gonna end any time soon so you should just play the stuff you actually have fun with, but I'd really regret missing out on the season rewards if I miss them.

Celegus

Is the Cursed Chest conquest pretty easy? Gems to 65 is probably the easiest conquest, but I'm not a big fan of gem grinding and I still can't find a unity to do a 75 solo (as monk). Or is the boss rush pretty easy?

Xanathus

Is the Cursed Chest conquest pretty easy? Gems to 65 is probably the easiest conquest, but I'm not a big fan of gem grinding and I still can't find a unity to do a 75 solo (as monk). Or is the boss rush pretty easy?

Cursed Chest is sorta easy but annoying because there's only one Cursed Chest event that spawns mobs fast enough to hit 350(?) kills which is the one in Act 5 Blood Marsh. The annoying part of it is that you have to keep remaking games and checking that map for the event, and you also have to be geared enough to be constantly one shotting the mobs in TX though that's the easy part for most (all?) classes.

Boss Rush is also easy but you obviously need to have a speed moving build. For that one do bosses that have long random paths to them first like Adria so that if you get lost you can just remake the game and try again so as not to waste time. Leave Diablo for last because he has a long unskippable death animation.

eek5

2min is the easiest
Boss rush and chest are both easy depending on your class. I did both on monk but did the chest in group (we killed like 418)
65s is just time consuming but if you can run 60s-64s which is really low gear req (similar to what it takes to run 2 min TX) it's not bad. Or play groups..

Cursed chest was the easiest with a DH. At first I tried the blood marsh event as a SWK monk (ran out of spirit to drop dem bells) and barely failed it. Have a DH now and tried again, it was a breeze. The hard part is finding the damn thing. ;/

Dreavus

Played way more than I meant to this weekend, just kind of got into a groove.

I really need to find a better cubable weapon for my DH marauders build (I just have the stupid Raven one, lol)

Trogdor1123

Hey guys, i just played through the demo and absolutely loved it. Is there anywhere that I could grab a cheap key from? Also, do I need Reaper of Souls? Thanks

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Hey guys, i just played through the demo and absolutely loved it. Is there anywhere that I could grab a cheap key from? Also, do I need Reaper of Souls? Thanks

You pretty much need Reaper of Souls. I don't think there are any cheap keys for the game. It is what it is. IMO, given all the hours of play you are going to get out of it, it is more than worth it.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

You pretty much need Reaper of Souls. I don't think there are any cheap keys for the game. It is what it is. IMO, given all the hours of play you are going to get out of it, it is more than worth it.

Think again:
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-3-pc-mac
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/diablo-iii-3-reaper-of-souls-mac-pc-cd-key

That's 25€ total (you absolutely need RoS, the game is waaaaaaay better and more content-rich with RoS). You're welcome, Trogdor.

And yes, the site is legit. I found out about it yesterday in the Doom thread (the game is 50% off there) where people kept saying the site is legit. I bought Doom and the key worked.

Shifty76

So I need to complete one more seasonal conquest. Got the sub 2 min rift, need one more.
Which one did you guys find the easiest? Was thinking of doing the kill all bosses in 20 mins one with my monk, but is there an easier one?

Have a well geared opm and an ok geared Tals/Firebird wiz if class matters.

IceMarker

Anyone willing to help me gear my Wizard and Monk a bit that I rebirthed along with my usual Crusader for the season? I can't imagine that being very hard considering 90% of DIII-GAF is playing those two classes.

Top Bottom