• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

IceMarker

NA or EU?

NA, we've played together before I believe Shifty.

EDIT: NEW PAGE OBLIGATORY GIF

mv4WKpw.gif

Shifty76

NA, we've played together before I believe Shifty.

EDIT: NEW PAGE OBLIGATORY GIF

mv4WKpw.gif
Oh probably. It's been a couple of years so I've forgotten who's who on my friends list :)

Shifty76#1953 if you want to run some. Probably won't be on until late tonight though due to golf.

Baliis

I can't imagine that being very hard considering 90% of DIII-GAF is playing those two classes.

Who wants some hardcore witch doctor gear. Anyone? Anyone? No? Okay :(. At least it's easy to rank on the leaderboards lol. Last night you only needed like a 14:15 75 to be top 100

IceMarker

Oh probably. It's been a couple of years so I've forgotten who's who on my friends list :)

Shifty76#1953 if you want to run some. Probably won't be on until late tonight though due to golf.
I might be on tonight, we'll have to see! :)

Who wants some hardcore witch doctor gear. Anyone? Anyone? No? Okay :(. At least it's easy to rank on the leaderboards lol. Last night you only needed like a 14:15 75 to be top 100

No, but I could use a HC powerlevel! ;)

eek5

Anyone willing to help me gear my Wizard and Monk a bit that I rebirthed along with my usual Crusader for the season? I can't imagine that being very hard considering 90% of DIII-GAF is playing those two classes.

I could help you out. I play both of these classes. What's your IGN?

I'll take some. :|

I have my one Fist of Az now. But making it into something decent is even harder :( Been rerolled ancient twice, but still shit. Really need a second one so I can keep a somewhat decent rolled one around.

Baliis

No, but I could use a HC powerlevel! ;)

I'll be on every night probably until Overwatch comes out, and then I'll still be on battle.net/discord and stuff so just hit me up whenever. I'm prob gonna just be farming keys tonight anyways since im down to like 10

moojito

I have my DH kitted out in all the recommended gear for the UH build, more or less reforged correctly, etc. So now all there is to do is grind out ancient and better rolled replicas of the gear and push GRs. It's a bit of a jarring change from the constant upgrade-fest that came before it. Not sure if it's my bag, baby.

I'll give it a shot, but if it doesn't take I can always level up a monk using my DH's cast-off gear I suppose.

eek5

Thought I was in the newest season but I guess not. Time to start again haha. If anyone can throw me a quick powerlevel, it'd be greatly appreciated.

i can powerlevel u tonight if you're on when i'm on just send me a msg

I have my DH kitted out in all the recommended gear for the UH build, more or less reforged correctly, etc. So now all there is to do is grind out ancient and better rolled replicas of the gear and push GRs. It's a bit of a jarring change from the constant upgrade-fest that came before it. Not sure if it's my bag, baby.

I'll give it a shot, but if it doesn't take I can always level up a monk using my DH's cast-off gear I suppose.

My favorite thing in this game is to optimize a build for extremely fast farming. It's weird because I almost never push after farming.. just enjoy ezmode farming :|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Nothing feels better than doing the cow level with a full set of Uliana.

Gather ton of cows, then BOOM! It's raining corpses. :D

Baliis

Was like, a pixel from dying to Perdition in a 73, his tele attack missed somehow and i managed to get out, jesus christ.

I am up to 64 solo grift. Need the 70 grift, the 70 hardcore, and a third conquest to polish off season 6. Whirlwinding has been kind of fun. Grinding for forgotten souls has not.

Dreavus

What's a good third gem to use with marauder's + multishot? I am currently using Zei's, Trapped, and Bane of the Powerful. Maybe Toxin or Gogok instead of BoP?

h3ro

What's a good third gem to use with marauder's + multishot? I am currently using Zei's, Trapped, and Bane of the Powerful. Maybe Toxin or Gogok instead of BoP?
I would keep BotP along with Zei's and BotT as in 2.4.1it is a straight 20% damage multiplier.
The only other option I could recommend is Stricken if you are struggling in GR level pushing and are losing time on the Guardian kills.

Got my Uliana's build setup now, but damn is it squishy. I must not be used to playing it quite right, cause damn I could clear some pretty high stuff if I wasn't maxing out my rez timer on like GR 65.

Ayumi

Got my Uliana's build setup now, but damn is it squishy. I must not be used to playing it quite right, cause damn I could clear some pretty high stuff if I wasn't maxing out my rez timer on like GR 65.

I'm gathering Uliana myself, but I lack a decent weapon (and possibly Unity) until I can do the switch. Would you mind linking your profile?

Ayumi

I know you weren't asking me, but this is my Uliana monk:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shifty76-1953/hero/75667842

Can do GR 70 in ~5 mins. Haven't tried higher yet.
Just got the 75 solo gr on my other monk and the 3 gems to 65 so now I only have the 70 hc left to go.
Thank you for sharing! I just need The Fist of Az, or the K-Blade (forgot its name). I got an Ancient Crystal Fist from Kadala, and I only clicked weapon trice. (I sometimes gamle for weapon there because I need it more than gear, and I earn shards very fast.)

Also, does Flying Dragon still have some value? I just got one today, but I don't see anyone use it (except a few ranked users who cubed it).

Shifty76

Thank you for sharing! I just need The Fist of Az, or the K-Blade (forgot its name). I got an Ancient Crystal Fist from Kadala, and I only clicked weapon trice. (I sometimes gamle for weapon there because I need it more than gear, and I earn shards very fast.)

Also, does Flying Dragon still have some value? I just got one today, but I don't see anyone use it (except a few ranked users who cubed it).
FD in cube is a must for generator monks. Probably support monks too.
Crystal fist is gaining popularity as offhand for swk monks.

mileS

Happy Birthday Diablo 3! in celebration we would normally flick a switch for an anniversary buff or have something special planned but because all of our important staff has been moved to WoW or Overwatch we can't flick that switch. Sorry bout that. Have fun anyway!

eek5

Happy Birthday Diablo 3! in celebration we would normally flick a switch for an anniversary buff or have something special planned but because all of our important staff has been moved to WoW or Overwatch we can't flick that switch. Sorry bout that. Have fun anyway!

The blog post and comments are great. RIP diablo

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Really wish they would do these events again, but I guess since the game is a few years old now, they can't even bother. But then again... they did release a substantial patch a couple of months ago with new zones, monsters... so I dunno. They can do that kind of work, but not a one week event/buff? Right.

Baliis

Really wish they would do these events again, but I guess since the game is a few years old now, they can't even bother. But then again... they did release a substantial patch a couple of months ago with new zones, monsters... so I dunno. They can do that kind of work, but not a one week event/buff? Right.

Well, their argument behind not doing he community buffs is that they don't want people to feel like they have to play a ton during that time or miss out, which I sorta get, but still think is kinda lame.

mileS

The moment I start to push GR's the more problems I have with the WD pets. I have plenty of ways I fight against it, pushing a bit forward to get them to spawn back at your side and so on, but I'll be damned if they don't go full on stupid and frustrating when I need them the most.

They could solve a lot of these control problems with a lower CD on gargantuan summon. Seeing as how you can aim that. As it is, I find it too risky to summon them on top of an elite pack in case I die and come back with a long CD.

Ayumi

Thanks! Weird seeing your char's name, since my name is Sophie. lol

How do Monk's weapon rank in terms of rarity? I have duplicates (even 3 or 5) of almost all of the ones used by the ranked players, except the Crystal Fist (I have on Ancient). How hard is it to get a Fist of Az in terms of rarity? Maybe I'm better off trying to get it through the cube.

Fist of Az took me awhile and I finally got it as a drop - reforged it to what it is though. I spent a ton upgrading rares too. So I think it's one of the rarer fists. Crystal Fists funnily enough I've had a fair handful of. Lion's Claws haven't been too rare either.

And Sophia was my grandmother's name. I generally like to go with like, Greek gods and stuff for my Diablo characters. I've got Calypso, Andromeda, Cassiopeia, etc.

eek5

Thanks! Weird seeing your char's name, since my name is Sophie. lol

How do Monk's weapon rank in terms of rarity? I have duplicates (even 3 or 5) of almost all of the ones used by the ranked players, except the Crystal Fist (I have on Ancient). How hard is it to get a Fist of Az in terms of rarity? Maybe I'm better off trying to get it through the cube.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...KXmvVJ4zmngzxdzVLk9gvLvT8/edit#gid=1718538849

According to this there are 14 fists and Az/Jawbreaker are twice as rare as the others

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
This is really the first time that I have had time to devote to a season. I am still going pretty slow, but I am enjoying this more than I thought I would. I am a Monk, paragon 60 now, trying to finish up chapter 4 requirements.

Last night I got my Falcon Wings on the 3rd run of the area then started grinding for Liv Moore. I was thinking, 3, 4, or 5 runs would do it. Well, 5 hours later I was still grinding. Though I did get Blaze because RNJesus felt sorry for me.

eek5

This is really the first time that I have had time to devote to a season. I am still going pretty slow, but I am enjoying this more than I thought I would. I am a Monk, paragon 60 now, trying to finish up chapter 4 requirements.

Last night I got my Falcon Wings on the 3rd run of the area then started grinding for Liv Moore. I was thinking, 3, 4, or 5 runs would do it. Well, 5 hours later I was still grinding. Though I did get Blaze because RNJesus felt sorry for me.

Wait until you try to get whimsy portrait or cosmic wings....

Shifty76

I spent hours trying to get Liv without success but then randomly got her while doing a bounty in that area.

Same with the pet goblins. Farmed for hours without seeing one, then 10 mins into leveling my hc sader I find one (got the wannabe rift guardian crab thing)

I hadn't realized that the mysterious chest looked identical to regular chests so quite possibly skipped over it a few times.

Dreavus

I would keep BotP along with Zei's and BotT as in 2.4.1it is a straight 20% damage multiplier.
The only other option I could recommend is Stricken if you are struggling in GR level pushing and are losing time on the Guardian kills.

Thanks, I had no idea that they changed it. I had it on because it was the first gem I found and decided to just upgrade that with my early runs.

Ayumi

A free BattleTag/ID change has been added to all accounts!

So if you've used up your changes like I have, now is your chance to get a new!

https://battle.net/support/article/breaking/20124502

Kinda randumb: I changed mine once years ago and was kinda bothered by the number I was assigned since my original tag started on "1" but now says 2. Maybe it's petty, but I've played since launch and hates
seeing new players with a lower number than me. :p

Anyway, I'm fine with my tag now so eh.

Wallach

A free BattleTag/ID change has been added to all accounts!

So if you've used up your changes like I have, now is your chance to get a new!

https://battle.net/support/article/breaking/20124502

Kinda randumb: I changed mine once years ago and was kinda bothered by the number I was assigned since my original tag started on "1" but now says 2. Maybe it's petty, but I've played since launch and hates
seeing new players with a lower number than me. :p

Anyway, I'm fine with my tag now so eh.

Awesome, thanks for posting this. Been wanting to change mine to match my name here for a while now but I guess at some point I changed it once before, which I don't recall ever doing.

Top Bottom