• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Baliis

A free BattleTag/ID change has been added to all accounts!

So if you've used up your changes like I have, now is your chance to get a new!

https://battle.net/support/article/breaking/20124502

Kinda randumb: I changed mine once years ago and was kinda bothered by the number I was assigned since my original tag started on "1" but now says 2. Maybe it's petty, but I've played since launch and hates
seeing new players with a lower number than me. :p

Anyway, I'm fine with my tag now so eh.

Oh good, my battle tag can be Baliis instead of Balls, what a pain that was.

Baliis

holy shit your name has two i's in it wtf!!!!!

Yup. Baliis was the name of my WoW char and I named my alt Ballis as a joke because people would just call me Balls all the time. Then I started playing the alt as a main instead so when battle tags become a thing that's the name I used, but then I switched back because I like the two i's more.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Yup. Baliis was the name of my WoW char and I named my alt Ballis as a joke because people would just call me Balls all the time. Then I started playing the alt as a main instead so when battle tags become a thing that's the name I used, but then I switched back because I like the two i's more.

Ha, I had noticed that back when I was doing the roster stat sheets and wondered what was going on there. Mystery solved!

I read on reddit that the popular maphack cheat was hacked and now doesn't work. And the dev just quits. Glorious!

I wouldn't expect too much to really change - there are other programs out there that do the same thing. (they use a shared function library someone built, I think)

Xeteh

Really hating Legacy of Nightmares. I mostly play solo and getting a set of ancients is brutal. This will likely be the second season in a row I don't get to do LoN Thorns on my Crusader. What a bummer.

Made it to GR88 with my wizard friend, which put us about 650 on the leaderboard for 2s. I have mostly ancients at this point except for Slanderer and Little Rogue... Not sure if I'm even going to grind for those or not. The thought is exhausting! Hoping to make it to GR90 in the next few days, although at this point my paragon might be a little low. So many timesinks >.<

nan0

I just found out than you can just join a random public game and play with others. Huh. Thought you needed to do that via communities or something. Went from 90 to 120 in like an hour.

Cipherr

I just found out than you can just join a random public game and play with others. Huh. Though you needed to do that via communities or something. Went from 90 to 120 in like an hour.

Hahaha, best part of the game to me is running with others in PUGs. Plus you get an item drop bonus when you kill mobs near groupmates as well as an exp bonus. Makes leveling gems and grinding rifts much more fun.

Ayumi

I just found out than you can just join a random public game and play with others. Huh. Though you needed to do that via communities or something. Went from 90 to 120 in like an hour.

Sometimes you meet nice people in public games. (It used to be very horrible, but it has improved a lot). Though.. there are still tons of Chinese botters (edit: I'm definitely not saying all players with Chinese writing in their name/clan are bots, fyi). Very easy to spot, especially in Greater Rifts where they'll run past all mobs and aim for the Guardian (for loot, I think). But the good thing is, some bots drop items in town, so you can easily grab stuff you need, or just get free mats out of it. lol

NG28

Finally got around to playing this after being pretty underwhelmed by vanilla. Wow, ROS is so, so much better. Hit level 70 and started messing around with endgame stuff on Saturday morning, fast forward to Sunday night and I've got a really well equipped holy shotgun crusader flying through greater rifts. I could probably count on one hand how many legendary's I got in vanilla through 150 hrs playtime, most of which sucked. Diablo is fun again!

Cipherr

Finally got around to playing this after being pretty underwhelmed by vanilla. Wow, ROS is so, so much better. Hit level 70 and started messing around with endgame stuff on Saturday morning, fast forward to Sunday night and I've got a really well equipped holy shotgun crusader flying through greater rifts. I could probably count on one hand how many legendary's I got in vanilla through 150 hrs playtime, most of which sucked. Diablo is fun again!

Its not perfect, but yeah they have done a bang up job with the game since launch. I don't blame a lot of people that were disappointed at launch for not giving it a second chance though. It wasn't easy to see the turn around coming at all.

Ayumi

should I buy reaper of souls? I have always tossed the idea but with overwatch around it is teeter tottering

There's no Diablo 3 without Reaper of Souls. You could either start now, do the story and such to get the hang of things until Season 7 start, or just play Overwatch right away. I think maybe you'd enjoy Overwatch more, but it'd be nice to have both, maybe.

Overwatch won't be on sale for a while.. Reaper of Souls is cheap. It's all up to you!
I'll be going forth and back, unless Overwatch eats my entire soul.

Ayumi

lot's of people did not like the base game, but RoS changed everything

Yeah, this. Vanilla was terrible (although I did enjoy it for weird reasons), and RoS changed everything (technically, it started improving a lot with Loot 2.0 & the removal of RMAH, then RoS). Everyone I've spoken to who came back now after vanilla love how the game turned out.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
If you enjoyed the base game, you will enjoy it more with ROS.
If you did not enjoy the base game, I don't think ROS will be worth it for you.

Don't listen to him, unless what you disliked was the combat specifically. Obviously the basic combat mechanics and feel are the same across vanilla D3 and RoS.

But some of RoS features address most of the complaints people had with D3, thanks to in-game act jumping and randomized rifts in Adventure Mode.

Akai XIII

Seems like the EU side is dead already on Season. I've been playing daily for the last week or so and only ever see 1, maybe 2 on at a time :(

mileS

Helltooth is fine for angry chicken. As usual have the short man's finger ring. Gargantuans will do all the work for you.

Blah I can't log in to my bnet. I know my password and info but I got a new phone and it wont let me use the authentor app... without a freaking authentication code!?

Nonsense!

Ayumi

Blah I can't log in to my bnet. I know my password and info but I got a new phone and it wont let me use the authentor app... without a freaking authentication code!?

Nonsense!
That's why I added my phone number to my account, since I always forget to remove the authenticator when upgrading my phone. If you contact live support on chat, I think they can help you reset using your email.

That's why I added my phone number to my account, since I always forget to remove the authenticator when upgrading my phone. If you contact live support on chat, I think they can help you reset using your email.

Yeah, I moved to Japan so my old phone was useless either way and now it's broken. When I contacted support they now ask for a photo id picture or some nonsense. Might try emailing them again and see if there is some other way to reset it.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Seems like the EU side is dead already on Season. I've been playing daily for the last week or so and only ever see 1, maybe 2 on at a time :(

I logged in maybe twice to sort my S5 inventory - which was a pain, took me a few hours - and not once after that.

It's not the first time I do this though. I skipped S2 entirely as well. The season wasn't interesting, and neither was the new content. These days it takes a good update for me to come back. What constitutes a good update to me? Mostly better gear (reworked and/or new) that completely changes the way my main classes play, or a new game-changing mechanic (like Kanai's cube). S6 doesn't seem to be providing that. Maybe S7 will!

Xanathus

I still need to get back into the game and finish up some set dungeons for my season characters but... other games are more enjoyable.

Yeh I'm done. I've played the most out of anyone in our EU GAF clan but a) burned out as always and b) you kinda lose motivation when so few people log in and even fewer are interested in pushing high GRs.

Well, and Dota's new battlepass released.

Ayumi

Yeah, I moved to Japan so my old phone was useless either way and now it's broken. When I contacted support they now ask for a photo id picture or some nonsense. Might try emailing them again and see if there is some other way to reset it.

Doubt it, that's what I had to do before I added my number to my account. Why can't you just take a photo of your ID? Should be faster than more forth and back e-mailing. I actually showed them my Japanese resident card, they accepted it as valid ID. heh

Celegus

I still haven't cleared a conquest to even see what else you need to do to get the stash tab. Still got time, but turns out Overwatch is pretty great.

Baliis

I still haven't cleared a conquest to even see what else you need to do to get the stash tab. Still got time, but turns out Overwatch is pretty great.

It's mostly nonsense. You might need to level a HC character to get the tab, idk what tier that's on but I can help you with that. I've been on Overwatch all day too so just hit me up if you need it.

Xanathus

It's mostly nonsense. You might need to level a HC character to get the tab, idk what tier that's on but I can help you with that. I've been on Overwatch all day too so just hit me up if you need it.

No need to level up a HC char for the stash tab, that's only for the last journey stage which rewards a portrait frame. The biggest thing for the stash tab is completing 2 conquests and GR70 solo.

Celegus

No need to level up a HC char for the stash tab, that's only for the last journey stage which rewards a portrait frame. The biggest thing for the stash tab is completing 2 conquests and GR70 solo.
Been dumping shards and DBs into rings trying for a unity, GR 70 or 75 seems pretty rough for monk without it. I have pretty much everything else I would need.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I spent hours trying to get Liv without success but then randomly got her while doing a bounty in that area.

Same with the pet goblins. Farmed for hours without seeing one, then 10 mins into leveling my hc sader I find one (got the wannabe rift guardian crab thing)

I hadn't realized that the mysterious chest looked identical to regular chests so quite possibly skipped over it a few times.

After 5 days of trying I finally got Liv. I had given up and moved on to trying to get my staff of herding. I only have 2 of the required pieces so far for that, but I decided to go back and farm for Liv last night. After 2 hours of putting in work, I got Liv. My time probably would be better spent running GRs though.

Xanathus

Been dumping shards and DBs into rings trying for a unity, GR 70 or 75 seems pretty rough for monk without it. I have pretty much everything else I would need.

Yeah you 100% need a Unity for solo 70+. For some crazy reason it took me a week of farming to even get one and I exhausted my crafting mats twice over doing it.

Shifty76

Yeah you 100% need a Unity for solo 70+. For some crazy reason it took me a week of farming to even get one and I exhausted my crafting mats twice over doing it.
I accidentally cleared gr 75 with my speed farming gear on my opm. Forgot to switch back to gr gear/skills after farming keystones :/

That hoarder gem and avarice band in place of unity was sure useful...

So yeah, it can absolutely be done. Just gotta play it safe and not jump intp the middle of mobs. Not that you should be doing that even with unity anyway.

neoism

so a blue just gave permission to abuse 4pc firebird glitch

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20744924301

nice. wizard OP again

Shaq-points-laughs-and-leaves-press-conference.gif

Top Bottom